Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

It will launch here next week too. I think I only want the brushes and maybe Sweet Samba, I'll pass on everything else I think. What do you plan to haul, Anitacska?

Medgal07

Gorgeous, gorgeous haul CC!!! So glad you got Bumster & Keks!!
Haul spam. These packages were delivered over the weekend and yesterday.

Femme Fatale
ROW 1: Displaced Dreams - The Other Side of the World - Vortex Remnants - Wolfsbane - Lucent Ametrine
ROW 2: Librarian's Shush - Cloudburst - Nightsong Grotto - Spindleweb - Dream Bough - Jadefire

Hare Polish: Bury the Hatchetfish - Hare Medusa Luminosa - Atolla - Reverie in Rubellite - King of Carat Flowers

Butter London: Bumster - Swinger - Keks - Pitter Patter

I thought Pitter Patter would be close to Marrow, but they're different. Pitter Patter is a warm reddish purple with magenta shimmer. Marrow is a cool grey purple with silver shimmer. I don't have HRH yet to compare with Pitter Patter.

Marrow vs Pitter Patter

Medgal07

HOB I don't think there's a nail polish that doesn't look amazing on you! I know you'll likely name a few but I will respectfully disagree in advance
girlhaha.gif

My slimer green mani
icon_eek.gif

Essie - the more the merrier

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
heart.gif
Beautiful manis Anitacska & CC. I love both of your color and glitter choices. I'm inspired!!!
Hare Polish Hooky at the Hamlet (index, pinky)
China Glaze Keepin' It Teal (middle, ring, thumb)

The pics don't do this mani justice. It's gorgeous.
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

The green color is totally off in the pics. If you have either polishes, you know what mean. The green in my pics are washed out and not nearly as vibrant as the color is in person. I think the color could be described as an intense kelly green.

I was shocked to see how thin and watery Keepin' It Teal was after the first stroke. I recall seeing issues mentioned in this thread, but was still surprised by the consistency. I tried dabbing on the polish thickly to make it more opaque. Mistake. I removed it and started over. I then applied 3 thin coats. That worked very well. I got the opaque color I wanted, but it still has its squishy, jelly quality.

Keepin' It Teal matches the base color of Hooky at the Hamlet perfectly. Hooky also has that squishy jelly quality. I love that it has hidden blue glitter specks in it.

Anitacska

I'm planning on getting all 3 new MSFs, Simmer and Sweet Samba and probably 3-4 MES, not the dark blue/yellow one or Caribbean, but the others (maybe not the lightest one either). I will order the MSFs asap and then choose the others at the counter on the day of the launch.

What do you plan to haul, Anitacska?

MRV

I'm here, I'm here!

I even have some pics!

DL The Lady sings the Blues. I found this one rather difficult in terms of application, but the result is rather nice!
It seems to be a DL day! This looks lovely but I always go for the brighter ones (the 'arrivals' of today:)

Medgal07

Pretty Anitacska! I've been waiting for Nordy's to deliver my 'Do the Mermaid,' the purple one. I have Million Dollar
Mermaid and will now have to look into the pink one. You would think I would've gotten that one first right?
sweatdrop.gif
Huh, we have a hot day today, already +27 C before noon!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, girls!

nanaparty.gif

Hmm, that sounds quite a lot!

Thanks, CC! It's an awesome neon! Worth it!

I often have this feeling, like didn't I quote this or that..

Oh, even more love!
flower.gif

This is a good tip! I also use the 'shower method', and for immediate clean-up I have this plastic cuticle pusher the other end of which is pointy, and my mini Swiss knife. I have actually bought a brush, too, but I think it would be messy, and I don't have any acetone.

Oh, Honey, we are wearing the same polish!
girlhaha.gif
Only I put FF Keeper of the Grove for gradient.

I think this green is pretty pretty, not on the fugly side!

Your mani is more relaxed than this OCD mani you posted!
amazed.gif

Yet another awesome combo! I have to keep this in my mind.

Medgal07

I love the color
eyelove.gif
but can do without the effort you describe in using it! I looks really good on you! Love your entire DL haul!!!

I'm here, I'm here!

I even have some pics!

DL The Lady sings the Blues. I found this one rather difficult in terms of application, but the result is rather nice!

CartoonChic

Thanks for the mani compliments!

sweatdrop.gif
Huh, we have a hot day today, already +27 C before noon!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, girls!

nanaparty.gif

Hmm, that sounds quite a lot!

Thanks, CC! It's an awesome neon! Worth it!

I often have this feeling, like didn't I quote this or that..

Oh, even more love!
flower.gif

This is a good tip! I also use the 'shower method', and for immediate clean-up I have this plastic cuticle pusher the other end of which is pointy, and my mini Swiss knife. I have actually bought a brush, too, but I think it would be messy, and I don't have any acetone.

Oh, Honey, we are wearing the same polish!
girlhaha.gif
Only I put FF Keeper of the Grove for gradient.

I think this green is pretty pretty, not on the fugly side!

Your mani is more relaxed than this OCD mani you posted!
amazed.gif

Yet another awesome combo! I have to keep this in my mind.
Keeper of the Grove looks amazing with The More The Merrier! I'll pair them together. I ordered Keeper of the Grove in today's restock, and finally got Winter Hyacinth!
love.gif

Pinkdollface

Well I just did it and placed my very first order with Llarowe! I only got three polishes: Femme Fatale Spring Fling and Noble Garden and Cadillaquer Masterpiece (I had to get something from the Dexter collection
girlhaha.gif
). I wish I had realised about the restock a bit sooner, because Keeper of the Gove looks beautiful too! But I'm already very happy to try some
th_DANCE.gif
Funny that my order only consists of green and blue/teal tones polishes, I'm always attracted to those
sigh.gif
CartoonChic I considered Winter Hyacinth too, but decided to go with Spring Fling instead. It looks very pretty though!

lilinah

I am now over 500 posts behind on this board. With all the RiRi madness (i gave up on that board when i got 1,100 posts behind).

Since my last post, i've gotten all the n/p i ordered, i got the Dior Crème Abricot and use it daily, and my nails have grown and gotten stronger! I had to trim a couple nails 'cuz they were making it hard to type!

I'm debating whether i should go to a manicure place or just do my nails myself. I mean, i can put polish on OK, but i'm not good at filing or shaping the nails before hand. So i'm thinking about going and just having that done and a base coat...

I still haven't inventoried my polishes. I need another box to store my new ones in. I store all my makeup in these inelegant, inexpensive Sterilite 6 quart boxes.

They stack so they don't take up too much space. And i can see what's inside, so i can grab the box i want easily enough. I have 4 boxes for lip products; 6 for eye makeup, plus a 16 qt. box for my eye palettes (that's far from full); 3 boxes for blushes, highlighters, contour/bronzers; and a 16 qt. box for face primers, color correctors, concealers, powders, foundations, etc. Everything is inventoried and organized by color - Warm, Neutral or basic, Cool. I would like to get a vanity table, but it'll be months before i get around to that.

Right now, my nail polish is in two boxes and overflowing. I'm just so excited i have long, strong nails! Can't wait to actually do my nails! Still have to find my camera so i can share, though.

I got an update from llarowe that David Bowie's Bulge had arrived - i waited a couple hours because i was working - and when i went to the site it was sold out. So i'm waiting again - and this time i won't delay!

I'm making a list of other stuff i want - i'm slowing down on purchases, until i really start doing my nails.

CartoonChic

Well I just did it and placed my very first order with Llarowe! I only got three polishes: Femme Fatale Spring Fling and Noble Garden and Cadillaquer Masterpiece (I had to get something from the Dexter collection
girlhaha.gif
). I wish I had realised about the restock a bit sooner, because Keeper of the Gove looks beautiful too! But I'm already very happy to try some
th_DANCE.gif
Funny that my order only consists of green and blue/teal tones polishes, I'm always attracted to those
sigh.gif
CartoonChic I considered Winter Hyacinth too, but decided to go with Spring Fling instead. It looks very pretty though!
th_thstars.gif
Great choices! Can't wait to see your mani pics.

I've been waiting to order Winter Hyacinth for what seems like forever. But I think in reality it's only been about 2 months. I've been waiting for this particular restock today, so I went crazy.

Femme Fatale

• Chocoholic
  • Winter Hyacinth
  • Spring Fling
  • Noble Garden
  • Edge of the Cosmos
  • Keeper of the Grove
  • Suspended Starlight
  • Miasma
  • Mana Ruby
  • Crimson Acolyte
  • Eventide
  • Planar Anomalies

Last week, I also scored some other polishes during the Thursday and Saturday restocks that I didn't list yet.

Femme Fatale

• Darkmoon Fortune
  • Scorchling
  • Quivering Heart

Emily de Molly

• When Planets Collide
  • The Fifth Element

Picture Polish

• Frosting
  • Sea Jewel
  • Whimsy

A England

• Briarwood
  • Excalibur-Revamped
  • Love Is Enough

Now I just have the Enchanted restock on Sunday and the new Diors, then I'm going on my low buy. I think I'm going back for a few more colors before my low buy kicks in.

nocomment.gif

Pinkdollface

th_thstars.gif
Great choices! Can't wait to see your mani pics.

I've been waiting to order Winter Hyacinth for what seems like forever. But I think in reality it's only been about 2 months. I've been waiting for this particular restock today, so I went crazy.

Femme Fatale

• Chocoholic
  • Winter Hyacinth
  • Spring Fling
  • Noble Garden
  • Edge of the Cosmos
  • Keeper of the Grove
  • Suspended Starlight
  • Miasma
  • Mana Ruby
  • Crimson Acolyte
  • Eventide
  • Planar Anomalies

Last week, I also scored some other polishes during the Thursday and Saturday restocks that I didn't list yet.

Femme Fatale

• Darkmoon Fortune
  • Scorchling
  • Quivering Heart

Emily de Molly

• When Planets Collide
  • The Fifth Element

Picture Polish

• Frosting
  • Sea Jewel
  • Whimsy

A England

• Briarwood
  • Excalibur-Revamped
  • Love Is Enough

Now I just have the Enchanted restock on Sunday and the new Diors, then I'm going on my low buy. I think I'm going back for a few more colors before my low buy kicks in.

nocomment.gif
Wow amazing haul! I'll do my best to get some nice mani pics;)
It seems like they do have a couple restocks a month and each time different brands. That should actually make it easier to choose which brand I'm going to buy
lol.gif
I'll try to get some Enchanted polishes too on sunday if my bf doesn't mind that I stalk the website
girlhaha.gif