Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Dominique33

My laptop is wonky again so I cut the posts in case it crashes down. Some haul pics.

Have you seen the L'Oréal Miss Pop Collection? I got 2 polishes from the collection (L-R): Paradise Flower, and Island in the Sun (and French Riviera because they had B2GOF)

And today I went to this mall where I found discounted Chanel Blue Rebel and EL Enchanted Garnet (should've gone there earlier...)

And then I went to Inglot. I have not really bought anything from them in years, but now I had to. They were selling these round tester pans (all unused of course) because they (= the round ones) are going to be discontinued. I jumped on the green(ish)s:

This entire lot was 27 Euros!!
thud.gif
thud.gif
27 € ! That's what I call the greatest haul of all ! Love the L'Oréal, Enchanted Garnet and Blue Rebel, I have the Chanel Jeans, I should wear them more often, they're really pretty. Enchanted garnet is a beautiful red, and I also love the l'Oréal bottles, very nice ! So, bravo !
rasta.gif

Anitacska

Ooh I love Paradise Flower! I wonder if we'll get it here. Looks like the pink DL mermaid polish though...

My laptop is wonky again so I cut the posts in case it crashes down. Some haul pics.

Have you seen the L'Oréal Miss Pop Collection? I got 2 polishes from the collection (L-R): Paradise Flower, and Island in the Sun (and French Riviera because they had B2GOF)

And today I went to this mall where I found discounted Chanel Blue Rebel and EL Enchanted Garnet (should've gone there earlier...)

And then I went to Inglot. I have not really bought anything from them in years, but now I had to. They were selling these round tester pans (all unused of course) because they (= the round ones) are going to be discontinued. I jumped on the green(ish)s:

thud.gif

honey on boost

thud.gif
Those loreal bottles are cute! You're going to love Rebel.. makes me want to wear it again.

Anitacska

Me neither!
girlhaha.gif
I have loads of them though...

what?! IS that glitter I see on those tips
clapping.gif
I love it! And they are the perfect match.

The more I keep seeing swatches of CG summer collection I keep wanting more which is so weird because I'm usually not into neons.

Thanks! Cotton Buds will be mine because I love me some white polish on my toes. I'll also get Giddy Keeper it sounds pretty.

I love tiffany
eyelove.gif
still haven't tried any sands or pixi dust polishes

thud.gif
This is super cute!!
Those loreal bottles are cute! You're going to love Rebel.. makes me want to wear it again.

kimibos

Too bad about those glitters. Looks like Bisbee 1.0 has the same glitters as Pegasus and A+ (both of which I got today, too) but in yellow gold. Guess only the silver glitters work then.

Thanks, Kimibos! I'll enjoy them all! @MAC - kind of true - at least until my Taboo bomb explodes later this week
whistle.gif

I'm totally out of loop with the Mac threads though. But looks like Request is coming back.
i didnt think about that too. i wore both pegasus and A+ and they were both amazing. im happy you got them.
LOL at mac. so far i havent purchased a thing from taboo. but i may get adore and the brush. im not in a hurry tho.
Have fun later this week with taboo!!

i saw that, by request was amazing last year. cant wait to see the new shades.

Anitacska

Thanks. I can stop lemming it then.
girlhaha.gif

Too bad about those glitters. Looks like Bisbee 1.0 has the same glitters as Pegasus and A+ (both of which I got today, too) but in yellow gold. Guess only the silver glitters work then.

DMB looks nice, too!

Thanks, Kimibos! I'll enjoy them all! @MAC - kind of true - at least until my Taboo bomb explodes later this week
whistle.gif

I'm totally out of loop with the Mac threads though. But looks like Request is coming back.

Good to know because I have that one ;) . Yes, I saw those few swatches. I think I'll wear them as highlight or something, them being so small and all.

rasta.gif
Thanks, Dominique! I have also Coco Blue but not the third one. I'm not usually into reds so much but this one looks 'bloody' nice!

Oh, I think the DL is a million times better. PF is just darker pink and gold glitters in pale pink base.

Thanks, nice to know!

Naughtyp

Thanks, I hope you can get more time to talk about it with your bf and figure things out. Indeed relationships are not easy, but I don't want to give up on this one. We've been together for 6 years and 3 months with a break of 7 months halfway.
thanks . I've been with mine for 5 years 7 months :/ were sorta on a break right now...
Llarowe first stocked them in may, then just the other week when I got them. But she was doing two restocks at different times in one day, so it was the "fourth" time, (but only the second day) that I stalked before I got them. I hope that makes sense, lol
yup I understand!! I got my ice castle on the second restock of the day
I had to rush off for a meeting that I moved to a later time so I wouldn't miss the restock. I got my shipping notices too. I never got the other two Enchanted email confirmations, so I'm relieved. That's exactly why I didn't give up when I kept getting error messages. I remember you posting about her site crashing before and overselling polishes, but that she still honored orders. I'm glad that you shared your experience. Otherwise I probably would've given up. Lol! Well, I played a lot of video games, so I guess I got fast fingers from doing that. Pushing buttons on those controllers can be tricky. I also have a super fast internet connection and a comfortable mouse. If I was trying to order on my phone, forget it. I wouldn't have gotten anything. I hope I can still get the Beatles collection and some of the other colors she originally had on the website.  I really want Hot Chocolate. Her restocks to me seem pretty random. Are the monthly polishes something that she started in 2013, or was she also doing them in 2012?
I want Hot chocolate too!!! it's so pretty and I'm not really Into browns but I love that one and the name. I think she was doing it in 2012 as well, I've seen both November and December. ya I was on my phone since I was at work. maybe next time I can be on the computer! I think the Riri waiting room fiasco helped prep me for the enchanted restocks lol I just kept trying I wouldn't give up! lol

Naughtyp

-Wow that Enchanted restock sounds awful. congrats to those that got something and if you didnt get anything sorry. but i bet you can get some later. -PDF hope everything turns out fine. 
it wasn't bad enough to make me not try again lol after the riri drama this was nothing lol

Naughtyp

[COLOR=0000FF]     Thanks Dominique---love your new Avy[/COLOR]      :wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]Thanks MACina[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     And you let me come to that conclusion on my own---like you were doing this all along:shock: ?   Really Naughtyp????   I thought you had my back![/COLOR]:pooh:            [COLOR=0000FF]Yeah?  One day you'll all be saying, "Oh no, we've cerated a glitter monster."[/COLOR]:thud:      :fluffy: [COLOR=0000FF]Thanks Naughtyp---you sound like a proud mother!:haha: [/COLOR]       [COLOR=0000FF]    I'm glad those who were able to, got what they wanted, and so sorry those who did not, missed out.  I think I'll sit on the sidelines until the company[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    decides to bring their [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]crashing web site up to [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]date where it can handle large volumes of traffic.   I've had enough with MAC's technological glitches.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    For now I'll stick to products that are more readily available and easily [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]accessible.  Nevertheless, I'll enjoy the beautiful polishes through all of your[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    swatches and manis!! [/COLOR]      [COLOR=0000FF]Sorry MRV[/COLOR] :support:          :nono:  [COLOR=0000FF]Now, now CC--is this what slowing down looks like, or does that start tomorrow????:haha: [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     Not good MissTT---I'm with you--it is too much.  Besides which, rage ages you![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     To you PDF----I wish you strength in dealing with this matter and hope the outcome is a successful one.  [/COLOR]:hug:
aww sorry med I was sure I mentioned it in the thread before! before you were into glitters I think. I love seeing how much we have all grown out collections by trying new things ;)

Naughtyp

I stumbled across this chart for nail shapes. SOURCE: http://www.beautylish.com/a/vmjxv/best-nail-shape I was also watching a Deborah Lippmann manicure video and she suggested filing your nails to match the natural shape of your cuticles. My nails have a natural squoval shape. I didn't realize it at first, but they do mimic my cuticle shape. The video is long, but very informative. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xFW-CugUf4
gonna hve to watch the video on my break :) thanks for sharing , my nails grow I to round/almond shapes. I am not feelin the BL fall collection .... maybe the blue one and cake hope but mehh kind boring to me! this is good for my wallet tho lol

Naughtyp

I think she's only restocked once. I managed to buy them all when they launched on the EP website and she hasn't restocked them since either. Hopefully they will be restocked again, the Beatles ones were available for ages.
oh ok. hope I can grab some next restock! love the opi sands u got too!! I wanted the I possible for the stars but I didn't grab it. oh well, Im on the lookout for a star glitter now :)

lilinah

I have not tried the majority of the brands here, and I usually let my favorite nail tech do my nails, because I am such a klutz.

I'm just diving in. I have a small collection now. I do have a wish list at Llarowe...

I just did my nails, my moon is in Gemini and when faced with a choice, i'll just take one of each! So i have on 6 different polishes:
1. minty green creme (was on 2, right hand, but i took it off one)
2. Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (matte mint with silver micro-glitter, teal flecks and a vaguely sandy texture) (on 2 nails, right hand)
3. Orly Halley's Comet (aqua duochrome - it sort of has glitter - it looks glittery - but i don't feel glitter - and it went on like a dream) (on 2 nails, L & R)
4. Sally Hansen HD Hi Definition Spectrum (frosted teal) (on 2 nails, L & R)
5. OPI Fly (teal creme) (on 2 nails, left hand)
and...

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll how is the deborah lippman polish with all the macro glitter and additives. Would it be hard for a novice???
...and then i could not resist and did my right thumb with
6. Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe

This has a dark jelly base with turquoise micro glitter and varied large glitters in light turquoise and grass green. It's gorgeous in the bottle, but I was dubious about how it would go on. I've tried other polishes with large glitters that were a real pain in the patootie to apply. And then without a top coat they would catch on things. But this went on easily and looks really good. Because of the big glitters, it isn't quite as smooth like the cremes and frosts, but it's actually smooth-ish, with a hint of dimensionality and doesn't require a top coat.

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream, on the other hand, was a little tricky. It has an almost sandy texture (although it isn't one of those new "sand" textured polishes) and when i did a second coat it got kinda lumpy and had textured stuff sticking up. I find i have better luck with just one coat of the Mermaid.

I'm such a novice - i've never even had my nails done professionally, and i've tended to do my nails only once or twice a year, around the winter holidays, at the most. I'll be taking it all off before i go camping - but i'm going to put clear stuff on my nails to kinda protect them.

kimibos

Maybelline Dotty- both my dad and brother told me it was a Halloween mani when i asked if they liked it
ohboy.gif

Hare Midnight Summer Night over 1 coat l'oreal Berry nice. very difficult to photograph (VDP)
Hare A+ over 1 coat of CG Ponsettia VDP

my mom wearing Hare Hooky at the Hamlet
eyelove.gif

Maybelline Drops of jade topped with one coat of CG Keepin it teal
Hare Afterglow over 1 coat of Essie butler please VDP (todays and tomorrows mani)

what i got today
After Glow / Own your Opulence / Asteroid Turf / Golden Years / Cosmos Blossom
Heat Plague / Oceans Of Alloy / WTF/ Watch out for that Reef
Some Julep from July