Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

kimibos

Honestly i have no idea
th_dunno.gif
I thought it was one of their best selling Lip Tars so i really don't understand either.
yes everyone wants that one. boohhh occ!!

martiangurll

I cannot keep up with you ladies. And I admire the dedication to changing polish so often, I just don't have the coordination to do a decent mani on myself so I usually just go with gel tips done by my nail tech--she's the best. But I love to get fresh ideas and read what everyone here is loving for colors...

CartoonChic

Seconded!
eyelove.gif
But what happened to your coke nail?

I'm so glad I ordered it. I was going to get Sweet Dreams too but it was already gone (an eBay seller had both polishes listed at a not-so-obscene price and shipped internationally).
Lol. It broke when I washed my hair. That usually happens when my hands are in water for a long period of time. I just accept it. It'll grow back and probably faster than my other nails.

kimibos, do you have any tips to stop nails from breaking? I'm not sure I can avoid it though when my hands are in a lot of water.

Dominique33

thanks ill check the site. i would definitely love some french nail polishes. especially drugstore brands and mint ones
th_drool.gif
. have a good evening, and we'll talk tomorrow.
Mint is a pretty colour but French brands don't provide us with such shades I fear, maybe l'Oréal, Dior Saint-Tropez which is more turquoise and a few others. " Atouts Charme " has a lot of brands most of them are US or UK brands in fact.

Here is another brand for you, German this time :

http://www.usluairlines.com/shop/category/nail-polish/uslu-airlines-main-line/

Naughtyp

lol :) I love the ray of light! damn I picked up the bottles so many times too ;/ I like the zoya colors the Julie and Gei Gei , but I want the BL ones more. once I get those, I can safely move on to the rest! lol

Naughtyp

oh ya I just picked up good tidings we bling at sephora ( red and green glitter) perfect for my Christmas nails ;) on my way to ulta! ;)

kimibos

Lol. It broke when I washed my hair. That usually happens when my hands are in water for a long period of time. I just accept it. It'll grow back and probably faster than my other nails.
kimibos, do you have any tips to stop nails from breaking? I'm not sure I can avoid it though when my hands are in a lot of water.
sorry, i was going to answer this when you posted and i just felt sleep. if you do dishes try wearing gloves and with washing your hair, try using the tips if your fingers instead of the actual nails. it may take longer but at least you are not using them as tools when they are soaking wet.

Naughtyp

Good tidings we bling will match my nail appliqués perfect! ;) I wanted a green and red glitter like the one that's part of the Deborah Lippmann Nordstroms exclusive Christmas in the City. I couldn't find it in stores and didn't really want to get the whole set. plus the one from DL had a black jelly base , this sephora one is clear so I like it even more since I can later it over different colors. For my Xmas nils I'm going to layer it over white. today I used BL Lillibets Jubilee for the fist time. I got in in summer lol! it's really pretty I went to ulta and the girl let me use my $6 off for BL Fairy Lights so I got it for $8. I had picked out CG For Audry and CG Beach cruiser ( on sale) in case they didn't let me gt the BL one. now I kinda wish I'd gotten the two CG ones because they were the last of each ;( oh well I'll go look again after I get paid.

kimibos

I had picked out CG For Audry and CG Beach cruiser ( on sale) in case they didn't let me gt the BL one. now I kinda wish I'd gotten the two CG ones because they were the last of each ;( oh well I'll go look again after I get paid.
Nicee haul girl! you got the record for BL on sale!!

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by kimibos

1. Essie Mint Candy apple
  2. Essie Where's my Chauffeur?
  3. Essie Turquoise and Caicos
  4. Orly Ancient Jade
  5. OPI Mermaids Tears
  6. Mac In the Limelight
  7. Mac Mischievous Mint
  8. CG Aquadelic
  9. CG Refresh Mint
  10. Illamasqua Nomad
  11. Wet n Wild I need a Refresh Mint
  12. Revlon Mint Gelato
  13. Revlon Minted
  14. Spoiled Toad-ally Amazing
  15. Sinful Colors Mint apple
  16. Color Club Blue-Ming
  17. Claire's Secret Garden
  18. NYC Mint Macaroon
  19. NYC Hint of Mint
  20. DL Mermaids Dream
  21. CG for Audrey

2 of the essie ones are alittle bit darker than the other pale mint colors......i have 10 in my to get lists at Drugstore.com from milani, sally hansen, revlon, covergirl, pop, and orly.

I'm finding it quite hard to come up with additions to this list because I'm not a massive mint afficionado, but these numbers may interest you:

- Cult Nails Manipulative - For Audrey with subtle shimmer. I don't own it so I can't say anything about the formula but my experience with Cult Nails has been very good so far. Kelly has some nice swatches here: http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2012/04/cult-nails-divas-drama-collection-swatches-review

- American Apparel Office - erm, mint creme. Chances are you already have a dupe in your stash.

- BB Couture Laguna Lagoon - light mint creme. I like how it has more white than the average mint creme without looking chalky.

- Illamasqua Milf - admittedly not quite mint, but I freakin love it! I might get it with my next Illamasqua purchase (provided it's still available - I haven't checked in aeons). Lobster hands or no lobster hands!

- Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom - again, not a mint shade. More a light blue with green undertones. And very sheer, apparently. I love how squishy it looks but I have an awful lot of white marks on my nails so I stay away from sheer polishes. I've seen many a blogger go gaga over this
lol.gif

- BB Couture Man Bug - again stretching the definition of 'mint' here but I adore this polish. BB Couture has quite a few shades where they use the same delicate glitter and this is one of the most beautiful ones (Sea of Cortez is my absolute favourite in this finish). It is a bit on the sheer side (3 coats) but the end result is very pretty. Some swatches make it look far bluer than it is. but KellieGonzo's pic is fairly colour accurate IMO: http://www.kelliegonzo.com/2010/09/bb-couture-man-bug.html

kimibos

^ love them all. especially the cult manipulative. im gonna write them down. i dont mind if my mint polishes are kind of expensive orr extremely cheap.

Liz2012

Here's my contribution to the cause. I ordered BL Frilly Knickers from Beauty.com. I wanted it for my holiday mani and I wanted the free Lippmann Boom Boom Pow polish to gift. I also picked up Pageant Lip Tar to qualify for the free offer and because I don't know if it's being discontinued. It's not on OCC's website. Sephora is sold out and I'm not sure if it's being restocked, so I got it while I had the chance to get it.
So i finally contributed as well, placed an order on Illamasqua.com
angelic.gif
I got Cameo, Noble, and Creator nail polishes, i'm soooo excited
th_happy1.gif
Oh yeah and Boosh, needed a new plain black nail polish. And while i was there anyway i also ordered an Intense Lipgloss and 2 blushes
whistle.gif
I just love this brand.

Liz2012

I'm finding it quite hard to come up with additions to this list because I'm not a massive mint afficionado, but these numbers may interest you:

- Cult Nails Manipulative - For Audrey with subtle shimmer. I don't own it so I can't say anything about the formula but my experience with Cult Nails has been very good so far. Kelly has some nice swatches here: http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2012/04/cult-nails-divas-drama-collection-swatches-review

- American Apparel Office - erm, mint creme. Chances are you already have a dupe in your stash.

- BB Couture Laguna Lagoon - light mint creme. I like how it has more white than the average mint creme without looking chalky.

- Illamasqua Milf - admittedly not quite mint, but I freakin love it! I might get it with my next Illamasqua purchase (provided it's still available - I haven't checked in aeons). Lobster hands or no lobster hands!

- Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom - again, not a mint shade. More a light blue with green undertones. And very sheer, apparently. I love how squishy it looks but I have an awful lot of white marks on my nails so I stay away from sheer polishes. I've seen many a blogger go gaga over this
lol.gif

- BB Couture Man Bug - again stretching the definition of 'mint' here but I adore this polish. BB Couture has quite a few shades where they use the same delicate glitter and this is one of the most beautiful ones (Sea of Cortez is my absolute favourite in this finish). It is a bit on the sheer side (3 coats) but the end result is very pretty. Some swatches make it look far bluer than it is. but KellieGonzo's pic is fairly colour accurate IMO: http://www.kelliegonzo.com/2010/09/bb-couture-man-bug.html
Yup it's still available on their website, *wink* *wink* lol
th_wink3.gif

MRV

So i finally contributed as well, placed an order on Illamasqua.com
angelic.gif
I got Cameo, Noble, and Creator nail polishes, i'm soooo excited
th_happy1.gif
Oh yeah and Boosh, needed a new plain black nail polish. And while i was there anyway i also ordered an Intense Lipgloss and 2 blushes
whistle.gif
I just love this brand.
This reminds me that I have to order these before their free shipping (over 35 GBP) is gone - which is like tomorrow!

whistle.gif
PS I have also bought 4 blushes from them of late...

Slimmycakes

Lippmann Ray of Light. The indigo blue base looks purple in different lighting. I love how the holographic flakes shift from green to orange/copper.
I dont own any DL but you're making me lemm for that one. So pretty on you! Thanks to you ladies in this post, I recently received my first BLs. I keep my NP in a tray that I got from BBB and I am truly due for a second one. I'll try to take a pic after my errands.

Liz2012

This reminds me that I have to order these before their free shipping (over 35 GBP) is gone - which is like tomorrow!

whistle.gif
PS I have also bought 4 blushes from them of late...
Can't wait to get them, i'm so glad Illamasqua made Cameo and Noble also available to us Europeans!
cheerleader.gif

Which blushes did you get? I ordered Hussy and Katie, they will be my first Illamasqua blushes, but i wanted to try them since i read so many good reviews on their blushes.

Latest posts