icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Your mani looks gorgeous
eyelove.gif
.....but too bad that this pretty polish chips so quick
ssad.gif
lol.gif

Medgal07

Anyone needing or wanting Dior Electric Blue can currently find it online at Nordie's. I know CC and I both have it, and probably HOB too, but it's often hard to find.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dior-vernis-nail-enamel-electric-blue-nordstrom-online-exclusive/3549438?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=6732&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_18_C

MACina

Phew....good to know
lol.gif

I have this kinda flaking off with DL polishes...they chip on me within hours.That is why I stopped buying them.
Fortunatly I don' t have this with any other brand!

Never seen anything like it - it started to flake off after about an hour.
icon_eek.gif

Anitacska

Yeah I get that with CG glitter polishes all the time. Also Color Club glitter polishes. They are very pretty to look at, but do not last. Glad to hear you didn't have any ending up in your salad, Anneri!

I ordered 6 more Lilypad nail polishes from Sally Magpies today, there's still at least another 7 I want, I'll order them directly from the Etsy shop once I've received my first order (probably after our holiday now).

Beautiful mani, such a shame that it chipped so quickly. I had this happening once with my CG Winter Holly polish. I did put on 3 coats cause i wanted the polish to be opaque on it's own, and added 1 coat of top coat. After a few hours the polish just started peeling off entirely, not even chunks but my whole nail in one piece
shockt.gif
Very strange!

lol.gif

lyseD

This is a picture from Temptalia's page of Rescue Beauty Lounge An Accidental Interloper.

I can't seem to find this brand in Canada -- can any one suggest a dupe?

Thank you.

Liz2012

Yeah I get that with CG glitter polishes all the time. Also Color Club glitter polishes. They are very pretty to look at, but do not last. Glad to hear you didn't have any ending up in your salad, Anneri!

I ordered 6 more Lilypad nail polishes from Sally Magpies today, there's still at least another 7 I want, I'll order them directly from the Etsy shop once I've received my first order (probably after our holiday now).
I even clean my nails with a bit of nail polish remover before applying polish to get rid of oils and other residue so honestly i had no idea what i did wrong there. So it's a common thing with CG glitter polishes
smiles.gif
Good to know :)

Medgal07

I hauled polish over the weekend and managed to squeeze in celebrating my son's 18th birthday amid the hauls.
greengrin.gif

From Llarowe:

Picture Polish

• Mellow Yellow

Scofflaw Nail Varnish

• Sturm Und Drang

Emily de Molly

• A Certain Shade of Green
  • Monet's Garden
  • Stuck on Blue
  • Dark Forces
  • Block Party

From Jindie Nails:

• Sour Skittle LE
  • Don't Get it Citrus Twisted
  • Hex on the Beach
  • That Purple Ish
  • Silent Night
  • Nude Beach

From Enchanted Polish:

• A Little Fishy Told Me

From Hare Polish:

• The Monster
  • Dead Man's Bones
  • Midsummer's Midnight
  • Supernova Springs
  • Dog Day Dream

I'm still good with my mission to "slow down" even after these hauls. I was hoping Scofflaw Underripe and
Love Letter to Bea Arthur
would've been included in the restock. Those are the last 2 shades I need to complete my Scofflaw list. I guess I still have to wait. I also wanted to get more Hares because it was a good sale, but I couldn't. I need to save some money for a few more Jindies later this week and the upcoming Enchanted restock. Since she only launched one color yesterday, the next one has to be very soon.
That's quite a haul CC. None of them are relatable for me at this point, but I look forward to your colorful nail sticks and amazing manis!

Medgal07

Looks like it's time for a Pitter Patter mani! I think I will do it on Sunday when I have more time.
I put Pitter Patter on yesterday! It's super dark, which I don't mind. I just wish the appearance of the polish in the bottle had translated to my nails. I ended up putting a lavender glitter on top of two nails for accent and love the way it turned out. What an exciting time !!!

Medgal07

Oh you poor thing!
th_cheerup.gif
I can definitely relate - it's about the same in our flat. But I think soon the worst is over! And in the meantime, try Vichy's or Avene's Eau thermale! Spray in front of a ventilator - heaven!

A bit OT, but is any of you on Instagram? I started recently and am totally addicted already lol. Would love to follow anyone from here!
flower.gif
Sorry Anneri---this forum is pretty much the extent of my social networking---by choice!

Dominique33

A few days ago I read on this thread
greengrin.gif
what else, when you're in doubt, glitter ! Well, thank you ! Applying in the Cab-Ana was really impossible today ( I think it's the heat ), so I did apply it but I used an OPI one ( from the Muppets ) as a top coat. It doesn't look so bad and my toes are decent.
nanaparty.gif

MRV

It worked! Ii
Thank you! I've made my first franken polish! Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but basically I had this bottle of UD Woodstock polish (bright neon pink) that I got in a set and it had leaked and dried up somewhat, so I added some polish thinner and some of the M&S silver holo polish and made a very slightly holo neon pink. :heart: The pictures don't really do it justice, it's much brighter neon IRL, but there you go.      
You revived it! - Talking about polish thinners, can you put just any thinner into any polish or will there be bad reactions?
@honi: great mani! Where do you get your striping tape? @CC: *drops dead* Awesome haul. A-W-E! @MRV: thanks for the feedback! I think I'll pass then and concentrate on other indies! @Anitacska: looking good! Frankening is such fun, isn't it? Here's my new mani: I put two coats of KBshimmer Black to Business over my essie mani from a few days ago. I let it dry, started to prepare my salad for lunch - and noticed that big chunks of my mani were missing! In the end, I could peel off my whole mani. Really strange. I guess the different polishes didn't want to play with each other!
ab74848f_image.jpeg
The mani looks nice! Too bad they did not have chemistry. I have had whole nails drop off sometimes, but not in a long time (like this year :) ).
[COLOR=800080]I put Pitter Patter on yesterday!  It's super dark, which I don't mind.  I just wish the appearance of the polish in the bottle had translated to my nails.  I ended up putting a lavender glitter on top of two nails for accent and love the way it turned out.  What an exciting time !!![/COLOR]
It is! I have a plan already. Hope I can make it in practice.

elkaknits

I believe Rescue Beauty Lounge is only available from their website and their salon in NYC. Their polishes are @$20/each plus shipping. I am actually upset with RBL because I ordered 6 polishes at once and did not get free shipping despite the over $100 {for free shipping} that I spent. On me they are very thin and feel weird. I like my polish to be creamier and theirs feel watery to me. Many people say it is opaque in 1 coat and I have to put on at least 3. Others say that once you learn how to apply it it is wonderful. I don't think there should be a trick to applying a brand of polish~ oh sure for glitter bombs or frosts and such might need different application methods but a special method for an entire brand? Come On. I have purchased over a dozen of their polishes and don't wear any of them. I have sold most of them off and kept the others because I really like the color but not enough to actually apply them
amazed.gif
HOWEVER I am totally tempted by this particular color and Scrangie 2.0 Like the last 2 collections I am sitting there weighing the price vs my dislike of the formula vs the color love.

In other news I went to Nordstroms yesterday and grabbed Destin and Mystic off the shelves {there was no staff behind counter} and went to Chanel counter to check out. I put on Destin and LOVE it. It is rich and creamy and the brush is just wide enough to cover almost my entire nail in one stroke. Fully opaque with one coat {i hate when peeps say that but it is trueeeeee} I was just planning on putting it on to check color so no base or top coat. This stuff dries like woah fast. Super super fast. Like within minutes fast. I will try and take a picture tomorrow although I am getting minor tip wear {not chips} but I blame it on the mass cleaning I did these past 2 days and lack of base/top coat. I used Butter London's Fairy Cake on top for my accent nail.

The color of Destin is a greigey lavender. Maybe even mauveish. There is a reason I do not blog colors. It is indescribably and so beautiful. It totally reminds me of the colors I wore in the mid 80's back when Princess Marcella Borghesa did colors. I totally dug those really rich classy colors that brand put out. Now it is but a sad shadow of what it used to be.

This is a picture from Temptalia's page of Rescue Beauty Lounge An Accidental Interloper.

I can't seem to find this brand in Canada -- can any one suggest a dupe?

Thank you.

elkaknits

I even clean my nails with a bit of nail polish remover before applying polish to get rid of oils and other residue so honestly i had no idea what i did wrong there. So it's a common thing with CG glitter polishes
smiles.gif
Good to know :)
I have no problems with CG but I am going to pop in and say that after I remove polish and do all the cuticle stuff I clean my nails with rubbing alcohol. I would think using a polish remover before applying polish would be like wearing a garlic necklace out on a date with a vampire.
girlhaha.gif
OK I am feeling silly but yes I was once told to use rubbing alcohol instead of remover for final nail cleanse because remover would degrade the polish.