Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Dominique33

Okay, here are a couple of pictures (hopefully will upload) I took yesterday by the pool. Today we went to the sea and I forgot to take the camera with us, but the beach is only a few minutes away, so we'll be surely going back there soon. This is my Essie Beach Bum Blu pedi, it's held up really well so far despite the pool water, sea and sand. My feet are in a right state though.... Also my finger nails aren't doing too well, I had to cut my left thumb nail right down because it started breaking quite deep on the side and kept catching on everything. I managed to get it to grow down a bit before trimming it (the break was quite deep into the live bit), but I had to finally cut it last night. Also my right middle finger is very short, it broke this afternoon. Oh well.

A very pretty pedi indeed,
thmbup.gif
I love the swimming-pool too.

CartoonChic

Beautiful CC!!! I love, love, love the colors that you picked here!!
lmao.gif
RE: the coke nail!!!
Med! I was wondering where you were. I was going to start asking about you.
th_hug.gif

Also, Saks has some "new" Dior colors listed on their site. Don't buy them. They're just mislabeled permanent colors. It's happened before and I suspected this was the case, but I had to make sure and ordered them anyway.

Gri-Gri =
Gris Montaigne
Princess - Exclusive = Purple Revolution
Silhouette = Masai Red

Now
Gris Montaigne is going back because I do have it already.
Purple Revolution and Masai Red are colors that I planned to pick up eventually, just not yet. There are other Dior colors on my to-buy list with higher priority. I haven't decided if I'm going to return them or keep them since they're already here now.

CartoonChic

It's indeed a lovely coral! I'm going to try out some of the other drugstore Essies soon. I'm thinking that it might just be this particular colour that's thicker or it was mostly due to the wider brush. I'm used to a wider brush with OPI, but I'm not used to Essie having those and maybe I apply Essie polishes different without knowing. Ow and I got two more Essie polishes today, Bouncer It's Me and Shake Your $$$ Makers. My China Glaze package arrived today as well, so 9 new polishes in one day haha which should I try first...I guess it'll be Bouncer It's Me, because I love those royal blue colours. I want a polish in the colour of the dress our queen was wearing for the coronation (actually I would love a dress in that colour too!).
stollarz-568x378.jpg
Your queen and that blue dress are both stunning. Other creme polishes that come to mind are YSL
Bleu Majorelle (a favorite of mine)
, Essie Butler Please, Illamasqua Force, Dior Electric Blue, Butter London Blagger. I'm sure there are others.

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
Very pretty manis Kimibos. Your nails still look really amazing!! I truly hope you start to feel better soon. I know what it's like to deal w/chronic illness.
th_cheerup.gif

i have been dealing with sensitive nails lately and just inflammation in general. i had to cut my nails.. that way touching things wouldnt hurt much. even short they hurt. i took DBB off and it wasnt pretty.major ouch. and so im now wearing the julep Oxygen treatment. and taking tylenol for it.

once i have them long again, ill do a well done mani with DBB.
Is this your first time using the JOT and how do you like it so far???

Medgal07

Pretty pedi color! Perfect for being poolside.

love this on you! I need to try mine soon, the shimmer is so pretty.

Happy hour sale? Damn it! How did I miss that.

Thank you!! I did finally get it from Macy's last night. I'm wearing it today and I just loooove the texture. I'm obsessed with these Chanel blushes. I'm also wearing Affinite today!!!

TY! Yes, it was my first elevation polish and probably my last
001_unsure.gif

this is so pretty and I really like your nails at this length. Sorry that they are so senstive :(

eyelove.gif

This is such a fun mani!

Pinkdollface

Yes she is so beautiful. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try Bouncer It's Me tomorrow if I have time and see how I like it, before I get another one. I also like OPI Eurso Euro, but that's a darker shade.

Pinkdollface

I bought some discontinued polishes last night. Picture Polish Tease, Sparkle, Hypnotic; Lippmann Purple Rain and Stardust.

I've also been really into sparkling polishes lately thanks to the Dior Sparkling Set and Picture Polish Sea Jewel. I think Sea Jewel falls under Picture Polish's Mesh finish, which basically seems to be silver microglitter. I think I'm going to start getting more of their Mesh shades next. Tease falls under that category.

Speaking of sparkly polishes, have you all seen the new fall Lippmanns? I'm getting them!
eyelove.gif

http://lippmanncollection.com/2011dl/index_new.php
Those Lippmann polishes look gorgeous! Here is a swatch of Fake It Til You Make It with Glitter And Be Gay over it http://deborahlippmann.tumblr.com/post/56795950067/mani-monday-introducing-fake-it-til-you-make-it.

MRV

Looks great! I haven't purchased the new Femme Fatale shades yet, but plan to next month.
Thanks, CC. There are even 'newer' ones (not yet chez LLarowe), Sea Pony and Snapvine. I missed them at Harlow
cry.gif
. No hurry though, there so much to haul anyways!

Anitacska

I love the look of the new DL polishes, especially the very sparkly ones. Hope they will be available in the UK, not every collection is, in fact it seems none of the new ones have been so far.

Those Lippmann polishes look gorgeous! Here is a swatch of Fake It Til You Make It with Glitter And Be Gay over it http://deborahlippmann.tumblr.com/post/56795950067/mani-monday-introducing-fake-it-til-you-make-it.
My daughter (12) and I both painted our nails tonight, she asked if she can use some of my nail polish and did her toes with UD Woodstock (the one I frankened with the M&S holo last week, and her fingers with UD Aquarius. I did my fingers with Woodstock and I still have Essie BBB on my toes, so we pretty much have the same pedi-mani colours, just the other way around. :)

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Glad that you're back!

Brick has moved up my list of pencils to get.

Dior
Diablotine is more cherry red to me than coral red.
Either way, you must at least swatch it.

I could just dive into that water! It's so blue. Your pedi is perfect with it.

That is such a pretty coral. We have salon and drugstore Essie versions here, too. My understanding is that there's no difference with the formula. It's just that the bottles and the labeling are different. We had a discussion about it way back when I bought my first Essies and noticed the different bottle designs. I like the salon bottles better and decided to start buying those instead. Thankfully I only had 3 or 4 of the drugstore Essies to switch over. I gave the drugstore versions to my daughter. I think I can still compare them to see if there's a formula difference.

I need the new BLKR polish and lipstick. I'll wait for the next NARS sale to pick them up.

That was a great deal and you picked great colors. It was really hard, but I decided to skip the sale. I had the new fall collection sitting in my cart and everything. I'm really trying to make an effort to cut back, and I know there are a handful of other polishes I want to get before July is over, like the Enchanteds. I hope there will be another similar Butter sale soon in August. It seems like it's been forever since Nordies did their B2G1 sale.

Med! I was wondering where you were. I was going to start asking about you.
th_hug.gif

Also, Saks has some "new" Dior colors listed on their site. Don't buy them. They're just mislabeled permanent colors. It's happened before and I suspected this was the case, but I had to make sure and ordered them anyway.

Gri-Gri =
Gris Montaigne
Princess - Exclusive = Purple Revolution
Silhouette = Masai Red

Now
Gris Montaigne is going back because I do have it already.
Purple Revolution and Masai Red are colors that I planned to pick up eventually, just not yet. There are other Dior colors on my to-buy list with higher priority. I haven't decided if I'm going to return them or keep them since they're already here now.
wavey.gif
Hi there CC. I seemed to have been busy lately---trying to wind down a bit now and just chill in my hammock w/a good book. This has been such a
rainy summer so I'm trying to spend time outdoors when it's dry. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. Thanks for the heads up about the
Dior NPs. My Saks SA sent me an E-mail about "new polishes" coming in August. I felt bad because I just purchased a few Diors that I assumed were
exclusive to Nordies. I have GM and PR but I don't have MR. Ironically, today I'm wearing Dior's Red Royalty. I might get Silhouette to give her some
business----besides which I like red. I think of you often! How's the job search going???

Our Buick has been MIA too! She gets a pass because of school. I have no excuse!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I love the look of the new DL polishes, especially the very sparkly ones. Hope they will be available in the UK, not every collection is, in fact it seems none of the new ones have been so far.

My daughter (12) and I both painted our nails tonight, she asked if she can use some of my nail polish and did her toes with UD Woodstock (the one I frankened with the M&S holo last week, and her fingers with UD Aquarius. I did my fingers with Woodstock and I still have Essie BBB on my toes, so we pretty much have the same pedi-mani colours, just the other way around. :)
That's so sweet Anitacska----this is a fun obsession to share with our girls isn't it? My daughter does a polish change every time she comes over!

CartoonChic

Those getting the Enchanted polishes, were you successful? I got June and July. They're seem to be selling out within nano seconds now.
ohboy.gif

CartoonChic

wavey.gif
Hi there CC. I seemed to have been busy lately---trying to wind down a bit now and just chill in my hammock w/a good book. This has been such a
rainy summer so I'm trying to spend time outdoors when it's dry. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. Thanks for the heads up about the
Dior NPs. My Saks SA sent me an E-mail about "new polishes" coming in August. I felt bad because I just purchased a few Diors that I assumed were
exclusive to Nordies. I have GM and PR but I don't have MR. Ironically, today I'm wearing Dior's Red Royalty. I might get Silhouette to give her some
business----besides which I like red. I think of you often! How's the job search going???

Our Buick has been MIA too! She gets a pass because of school. I have no excuse!
girlhaha.gif
The job search =
tumbleweed.gif
But I expect it to take a while.

I can just picture you in your hammock. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing. I've always wanted to try a hammock, but I think I would end up tangled in it like in cartoons.

Naughtyp

well I tried for 40 mins and I couldn't get either of the enchanted polishes. Grrr! ima be emailing her cuz it would let me add both and kept saying only 3 left then June sold out , then came back and then July sold out. I have up once I aw both sold out at te same time. I had already told myself I won't be that upset cuz I would have overdrafted my account anyways, plus I still like some of her other polishes better.... hope I have better luck next time!

CartoonChic

well I tried for 40 mins and I couldn't get either of the enchanted polishes. Grrr! ima be emailing her cuz it would let me add both and kept saying only 3 left then June sold out , then came back and then July sold out. I have up once I aw both sold out at te same time. I had already told myself I won't be that upset cuz I would have overdrafted my account anyways, plus I still like some of her other polishes better.... hope I have better luck next time!
Sorry to hear that. Other people mentioned the same problem on her Facebook page.

Fuzzy

Nice haul! you are fall ready with those colors. i must get Shoot the Butterfly!! 
bangin.gif
It's really pretty!
81a1c131_IMAG0776.jpeg
9b6e4f9e_IMAG0778.jpeg
. Scofflaw david bowie's bulge
Beautiful! ... but now all I can think about is that Labyrinth movie haha
i have been dealing with sensitive nails lately and just inflammation in general. i had to cut my nails.. that way touching things wouldnt hurt much. even short they hurt. i took DBB off and it wasnt pretty.major ouch. and so im now wearing the julep Oxygen treatment.  and taking tylenol for it.  once i have them long again, ill do a well done mani with DBB. 
Ouches :( I have inflammation in the nail beds of my big toes (and cysts too ... ugh) I have prescription corticosteroid cream for them, but they are still super painful sometimes... they also look not so good and I haven't put polish on them or worn open toed shoes in years. I keep hoping the ridges will grow out without occurring again but I'm not so sure.

Honi

Ugh moving sucks! I still havent gotten around to unpacking all my beauty stuff since we arent painting my makeup room until today or tomorrow (So much other stuff has priority :p ).

Miss seeing all your beautiful manis!

Pinkdollface

I tried Essie Bouncer It's Me today and I didn't have the problem I had with Sunday Funday. I guess I just had to use less polish on the brush. I didn't know it would dry down almost matte, but that's kinda nice because it dries faster. The colour is so nice and vibrant! I think I would also like a colour that's just a bit lighter than this one. Does anyone know how Butler Please compares to it? Or know of any other polishes that are a bit lighter?

Also if I´m able to get on my laptop this evening I think I´ll try to get some polishes from Takko and Wing Dust when Llarowe restocks them. I have my eye on:
Takko: Heads Will Roll, Kiss the Sky, Nirvana, Panda-monium and To Infinity and Beyond
Wing Dust: After the Storm, Gilt-y Pleasure, Sleepless Summer Nights and Steel Town Girl.