Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

Nice you got OF working. I have only a handful of Zoyas but I do have Zuza! Unworn of course.

Yes, you need some sands! I love the Zoya ones.

I think so, too. But I have not yet made up my mind about the Essies and OPIs.

Thanks, girls! I don't know what happened. I just did as before. Bummer, they don't even show up in my pic bank. Sorry, I'm going to repost mini pics again to hopefully get them there.

Hi there in Spain! Please post some pics!

I'm more interested in the Orly swatches there!
lol.gif
Lol! Now your purple mani isn't showing. It may not have been what you intended, but it's a nice save. I think it turned out well.

CartoonChic

thanks for the find. Alas I saw nothing that was wow I must have that. I am in shock. I think the anticipation for Chanel and my post Dior fall np purchases have satiated the NP monster. Well that and new A Englands of which I am only missing the 5th. Pssst the Chanels are even bordering on ho hum at the moment. I need an intervention!!!! Quick! Somebody show me a brand spanking new super holo jelly microglitter glass flecked red. That might get my heart pumping. Is it possible to have a holographic jelly with microglitter in it? PS I like scattered holos which means I guess a holographic jelly since scattered holos can look like microglitter and or glass flecks
Try Picture Polish O'Hara and Monroe. O'Hara is a bright red scattered holo, and Monroe is a vampy red scattered holo. There's also Dorothy that's packed with microglitter, but I don't think it's a holo. I just noticed a trend with the names.

Did you pick up Dior
Diablotine? It's not a holo or glitter, but the shimmer in it is gorgeous.

Dominique33

wavey.gif
Ladies !

I'm back again ! Due to the storm ( really bad in fact ) my connection was broken.
Beautiful manis !
heart.gif
and get Diablotine ( for those who didn't ), it's a must-have !

Pinkdollface

Thank you!
I didn't like the formula too much. It was a little gloopy and I would have preferred to use two coats but it required three (at least for me it did).

eyelove.gif
Love your mani's esp no more waity katie

Now that you put it like that I guess it isn't boring after all
th_e2cloud9.gif
Too bad about the formula, but at least the colour is pretty.

elkaknits

Try Picture Polish O'Hara and Monroe. O'Hara is a bright red scattered holo, and Monroe is a vampy red scattered holo. There's also Dorothy that's packed with microglitter, but I don't think it's a holo. I just noticed a trend with the names.
Did you pick up Dior
Diablotine? It's not a holo or glitter, but the shimmer in it is gorgeous.
I have been looking at just those 3 Picture Polishes but haven't found all 3 in stock at once on llarowe so .... I skipped Diablotine cus everybody says it is a coral red. I avoid orangey shades but the pictures are gorgeous. Next time I go into nordies I may swatch it cus knowing me I will regret not purchasing sooner than later

Anitacska

Okay, here are a couple of pictures (hopefully will upload) I took yesterday by the pool. Today we went to the sea and I forgot to take the camera with us, but the beach is only a few minutes away, so we'll be surely going back there soon. This is my Essie Beach Bum Blu pedi, it's held up really well so far despite the pool water, sea and sand. My feet are in a right state though.... Also my finger nails aren't doing too well, I had to cut my left thumb nail right down because it started breaking quite deep on the side and kept catching on everything. I managed to get it to grow down a bit before trimming it (the break was quite deep into the live bit), but I had to finally cut it last night. Also my right middle finger is very short, it broke this afternoon. Oh well.

MACina

th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
....GORGEOUS, honey on boost!

The pinks are so summery
flower.gif

Our internet has been out so I've been MIA. Here are some of my recent mani's

Wuyi Mountain - I didn't like this one at all on me :(

Another failure.. I used sweet dreams over a zoya color (forgot the name) Maybe I should try it without a base color next time. Looks ok in the picture but it made my hands feel darker.

I don't normally like these shades of pink but I actually liked this one. I know I'm boring I love creme colors.

MACina

icon_eek.gif
....OMG!

So glad that everything works again and that you are back
th_hug.gif

wavey.gif
Ladies !

I'm back again ! Due to the storm ( really bad in fact ) my connection was broken.
Beautiful manis !
heart.gif
and get Diablotine ( for those who didn't ), it's a must-have !

MACina

thmbup.gif
....your pedi matches the blue water perfectly!
Okay, here are a couple of pictures (hopefully will upload) I took yesterday by the pool. Today we went to the sea and I forgot to take the camera with us, but the beach is only a few minutes away, so we'll be surely going back there soon. This is my Essie Beach Bum Blu pedi, it's held up really well so far despite the pool water, sea and sand. My feet are in a right state though.... Also my finger nails aren't doing too well, I had to cut my left thumb nail right down because it started breaking quite deep on the side and kept catching on everything. I managed to get it to grow down a bit before trimming it (the break was quite deep into the live bit), but I had to finally cut it last night. Also my right middle finger is very short, it broke this afternoon. Oh well.

Anitacska

Lol, it does!

thmbup.gif
....your pedi matches the blue water perfectly!
Just seen the message from Enchanted Polish, the restock for June and July 2013 is tomorrow at 6 pm PST, which is something like 2 am here and with this internet connection I wouldn't stand a chance anyway. So I guess the decision has been taken out of my hands. Oh well.

Pinkdollface

Lol, it does!

Just seen the message from Enchanted Polish, the restock for June and July 2013 is tomorrow at 6 pm PST, which is something like 2 am here and with this internet connection I wouldn't stand a chance anyway. So I guess the decision has been taken out of my hands. Oh well.
I wish they would release more than two colours. I don't think shipping is worth it for two colours and I also don't feel like ordering at 3am.

Anitacska

I agree, international shipping is just too expensive for one or two colours. I think you need to order at least 4 at a time to make it worthwhile.

I wish they would release more than two colours. I don't think shipping is worth it for two colours and I also don't feel like ordering at 3am.

MRV

Quote:
I got the message, too, but so not going to wake up in the middle of the night. I have to go to work in the morning. I would not mind buying only two, though, but the problem is that you may not even get that many!

Pinkdollface

Today's mani is Essie Sunday Funday. It's a bit brighter and pinker IRL. I love the tiny shimmers in it. I also don't have anything like it. I was never that big on orange or coral polish, but I like how it looks with the khaki dress I'm wearing today. It's very summery. I had to get used to the formula, because this is the first drugstore formula polish of Essie I've tried. I'm not sure if it's the same in other countries, but here we have two different formulas, one available in the drugstore and one is for salons. The drugstore formula has a wider brush and thicker formula. It's very opague, but I need to be careful that I don't have too much polish on the brush or else I will get a very thick layer and it will form a big blop somewhere on the nail. It's hard to get the blop to spread once it's on the nail, because it dries down and gets thick quickly.

Dominique33

Getting the black glitter one for sure, I don't care how many polishes I have that are exactly the same lol
I love your nails! Mermaids Dream is one of the best polishes EVER, good choice! it was also my first DL
heart.gif

Did you post a makeup pic too lol I haven't been to the other threads yet today hahah
Nice hauls, I have all of those polishes except Tow lboy Toy....
Ohhh, what are you going to wear for THAT celebration lol
that is awesome!
iagree.gif

Hey girl! lol have u stayed busy painting your nails lol
Its one of my favs too!! Sea jewel does remind me of zoyas zuza...I need to use both of these polishes still!! damn.... lol
you need to get some sands CC!!
poke.gif
Try one of the glitter ones first =)

LOL no I didn't do any new pedi ! But I did purchase a few pretty things, a Kiko eyepalette and the gorgeous Nars np ( + the lipstick ) from the BLKR collection
eyelove.gif
Worth the splurge in my opinion !

http://www.narscosmetics.com/the-latest/what-s-new/~/413-blkr-nail-polish

Naughtyp

um I fell victim to the Butter london happy hour Sale! All polishes $10!! code is HHJULY13. I ordered 5 so I can get free shipping! I got: Fishwife, Fairy Cake, Scrouse, Victoriana and No more Waity,Katiey . Oops ;/ lol I'm gonna try n get both June and July tomorrow night. I was gonna skip June but it will remind me of the orange collection that ame out on my 30th bday this year ;) and June is when I started to collect Enchnated polish! ima go for July first tho lol

Medgal07

Beautiful CC!!! I love, love, love the colors that you picked here!!
lmao.gif
RE: the coke nail!!!

I love my current mani. My pics don't do it justice. The shimmah!

Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces (index, pinky)
Picture Polish Sea Jewel (middle, ring, thumb)

I was sporting a coke nail right before these pictures. I had to cut my nails down after having a couple break and I was bitter about it. I really like the length they were and didn't want to cut them, so I kept my pinky long to help me transition. The different lengths looked too weird and was too distracting in the pics, so I cut it. That's what caused the chip on my pinky. The color is also off. Sea Jewel and the glitter in Oceanic Forces are an intense turquoise green, not blue. I tried taking the pics outside, but it was cloudy. The sun popped out briefly in the 2nd pic and you get a glimpse of the shimmer. I feel like I must get better pictures of this mani. It's so pretty.

I'm also not really capturing the beauty of Oceanic Forces. It's the first Emily de Molly I've worn and it has big round glitters. I forgot that glitter like that sinks to the bottom. I didn't turn the bottle upside down before painting my nails. I think I'm going to repaint my accent nails to show the polish better.