Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

Can anyone suggest a dupe for Lancome's Cosmopolitan Khaki. Thank you.
That's going to be difficult, I guess! I took out my nailsticks and while I've a few that come close, none are dupes by far. Essie Sew Psyched is greener, while OPI Uhoh roll down the window is greener too, the former is more cooler, the latter more yellow-toned. I've a discontinued Catrice np that comes close, but isn't a dupe either. I've no idea whether one of the Chanel Khakis they did a while ago for FNO would be considered dupes because I didn't manage to get my paws on them. There's also a Zoya which name I can't remember which could be close.

Liz2012

Hi lovely ladies. Wow I've been away so long. I've been trying to stay away from Specktra a bit just to stop myself spending so much - can't say it's really worked too well! - plus been super busy and with the weather as well I've really slowed down changing my NP.

That said, I am now going to spam the thread with loads of photos
girlhaha.gif
including a rare sighting of my toes. Looks like there are at least a couple of manis I didn't even take pics of too.

Just some of my hauls (eek!):

I'm not even going to attempt to comment on all the amazing manis and hauls since I was here last. I'll try catch up with everyone's news tomorrow!

Hope you are all ok, I missed my NP girls
kissy.gif
th_welcomeback2.png
jennyap! Lovely hauls and gorgeous manis, especially Rose Briar, so beautiful
heart.gif

Liz2012

My, oh my. It's looking like a NPA reunion today! Welcome back everybody.
wavey.gif

Naughty, I'm sending my prayers and well wishes your way. I hope you're reunited with Prince very, very soon.

Sorry I missed your birthday, Anneri. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

I'm drooling over everyone's hauls and manis.
th_drool.gif

Thanks for my Peridot mani compliments. I topped a couple of accent nails with Takko Get Lucky.
eyelove.gif
I took a pic somewhere. I'll have to post it and a bunch of other pics I haven't gotten around to posting. I got a shipping notice for my Enchanted Little Fishy, and the discontinued Picture Polishes I ordered last week were delivered today. I also hauled today from Llarowe's Picture Polish restock and the CrowsToes restock this past Friday. I'm wearing CrowsToes Shoot the Butterfly now with A England Camelot. It's very pretty. You should definitely get it kimibos.

CrowsToes

• Bone Daddy
  • Bunny Slope/Angel Paint
  • Heartshaped Box of Horses#@t
  • Minion
  • Me and This Army
  • Tiki Torch

Picture Polish

• Electric Dream
  • Freya's Cats
  • Lagoon
  • Shy Violet
  • White Wedding
  • Mallard

I can't wait for the upcoming Llarowe Enchanted restock. It'll be my chance to get the Beatles collection at an affordable price. Plus Seven Nation Army is the only polish I didn't get from Enchanted's last big restock. I also want to get a few Emily de Mollys tomorrow. I have most of the glitters I want. Now I'm looking at the holos. I can't remember who posted the beautiful Amazonia mani and MRV's High Distinction mani are making me want to try them. How are the Emily de Molly holos? Are they worth getting?
Whoa, great haul CartoonChic!
thmbup.gif
Was just about to notify you about the Llarowe Enchanted restock including the Beatles collection, but i see you are already in the know
supacool.gif
How are you liking your Takko polishes? I managed to snag 5 of them at Mei Mei's a couple of hours ago, i can't wait to receive them, so excited lol
th_happy1.gif
I ordered To Infinity & Beyond, Kiss The Sky, Heads Will Roll, Nirvana, and Get Lucky.

Anitacska

Hi lovely ladies. Wow I've been away so long. I've been trying to stay away from Specktra a bit just to stop myself spending so much - can't say it's really worked too well! - plus been super busy and with the weather as well I've really slowed down changing my NP. That said, I am now going to spam the thread with loads of photos 
girlhaha.gif
 including a rare sighting of my toes. Looks like there are at least a couple of manis I didn't even take pics of too.                Just some of my hauls (eek!):              I'm not even going to attempt to comment on all the amazing manis and hauls since I was here last. I'll try catch up with everyone's news tomorrow!  Hope you are all ok, I missed my NP girls 
kissy.gif
Gorgeous manis and a very nice haul Jenny! What's the name of the green Butter London polish? I was just going to tell you about the Llarowe EP restock, luckily for me there's nothing I need, have all the Beatles and Congratulations polishes already. Looks like I may not be able to get my hands on Love the way you lilac and I'm kind of a big deal, but never mind. Still no LL or Zoya polishes, bored of waiting... :(

CartoonChic

Speaking of Butters, looks like they're having a $10 sale on select polish colors to move inventory. Some Lippys are included for $12. I still don't have Scallywag, Fiddlesticks and Dosh. Shipping for only 3 polishes isn't all that great. I may price match at Nordstrom instead.

http://www.butterlondon.com/Leaving-soon_2/

Liz2012

Mine Little Fishy is expected to arrive Thursday. I think you'll get a shipping notice soon. I think I saw someone post theirs on IG last week, so I guess it's taking her some time to go through all the preorders. I wonder how many she got. Waiting for Enchanteds is the better strategy if you have to choose. You never really know what or when they'll be restocked. I like how Picture Polish seems really consistent with their restocks. It's refreshing as far as indie polishes go.

Those manis are gorgeous, so I'm going to aim to pick up some of the holos today. Still adjusting to the new website, so I'm not sure if I'll get all the colors on my list. I've been itching to try Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat. It's supposed to be really great for holo polishes and not dull them. Sorry to hear about your Etsy glitter order. I hope they fix it.

Thanks for looking out for me.
bouquet.gif
Great Takko haul! Let me know how you like Heads Will Roll. That was the main color I wanted, but wasn't able to snag. I decided to skip Mei Mei's restock because of the higher price, shipping fee, and I've had trouble receiving my two orders from her. Not Mei's Mei's fault at all. Her customer service is top notch and I highly recommend her store. The fault was with my post office each time. But I don't feel like dealing with the extra costs and hassle when I know I'll have another shot from a US based stockist. I think I'll limit my shopping at Mei Mei's to exclusives and colors that I really can't find anywhere else.

I only tried Takko Get Lucky on top of Chanel Peridot so far, but I really like it. It was smooth and easy to apply. I think I'll try another Takko for my next polish change. Oh, I did test out the panda top coat. It's basically a black crackle polish with a spotted crackle. It's cute.

If I had to guess on the Butters, I'd say the green one is
Jack the Lad. The purple one could be Brummie assuming that the pic is color accurate. Hope you get your polishes soon.
No problem at all
bouquet.gif
Hmm, i really hope that i won't have trouble receiving my order then, *fingers crossed*. And yup the polishes were indeed a bit more expensive on Mei Mei's site, but i missed the Llarowe restock on the 1st of august and i was too darn impatient to wait for the next one on Llarowe lol. Heads Will Roll was my number one pick as well, it will be my first thermal polish :) I will definitely post pics once it arrives.

Dominique33

Hi Jenny!
wavey.gif
Welcome back! Awesome manis! I especially like the Color Clubs.

Hi CC! No worries!
th_hug.gif
I've decide to channel my inner Medgal and have a birthday week (or two). So you're technically not late!

Here's my current mani, a Dior Diablotine dupe:

It's much more pink irl and I'm not sure about it.
Such lovely Chanel shoes !
heart.gif
Very very nice indeed ! Glad you enjoyed your stay in France ! I hope you found the makeup products you wanted to purchase, you found skincare but no makeup ?

Dior Diablotine ? Euh not sure lol but still very pretty.

( My haul for today : 2 Chanel cream blushes, the quad and a RCS ( I chose Esprit ), I passed on the nail polishes but they are quite pretty. Next haul ? Guerlain or Dior etc..., and the OPI SF collection which looks gorgeous ! )

Anitacska

Thanks CC and Jenny! Looks like I need Jack the Lad then!
winks.gif

Edit: Just had a look at swatches and decided I also need Scallywag and Fairy Cake from that collection (that means I will have all 5) and guess what, HQHair.com has a 3 for 2 offer on Butter London! Result!

MRV

OMG!! I have never experienced anything like Llarowe EdM restock tonite! I think I lost more that 10 years...

The site was very slow even before they put the NPs up. With struggle I was able to put 2-3 polishes into my cart (I was aiming at 5 EdMs) but could not go to the cart. So they flew out of the cart. Then the site just froze!!! About closer to 60 minutes I got again 2 polishes into my cart but lost everything again. Even extra cart time did not help. Then I got one polish twice but could not check out like that. Finally closer to 90 minutes - I don't know what happened, maybe people started to give up - 3 of the polishes were available again and I was slowly able to get them into my cart PLUS a Picture Polish. When I was about to start the checking out, my logging in was expired!
blink.gif
In again and happily out with a confirmation. I consider this a miracle.
thud.gif
But 90 minutes to get 4 polishes!

I'm hungry. I need my grapefruit and go to bed. It's already midnight.

Liz2012

OMG!! I have never experienced anything like Llarowe EdM release tonite! I think I lost more that 10 years...

The site was very slow even before they put the NPs up. With struggle I was able to put 2-3 polishes into my cart (I was aiming at 5 EdMs) but could not go to the cart. So they flew out of the cart. Then the site just froze!!! About closer to 60 minutes I got again 2 polishes into my cart but lost everything again. Even extra cart time did not help. Then I got one polish twice but could not check out like that. Finally closer to 90 minutes - I don't know what happened, maybe people started to give up - 3 of the polishes were available again and I was slowly able to get them into my cart PLUS a Picture Polish. When I was about to start the checking out, my logging in was expired!
blink.gif
thud.gif

I've been reading about this about half an hour ago on Llarowe's facebook. I'm really happy that i decided to skip this restock, this was just crazy
blinks.gif
Good thing that you still managed to get 4 polishes, so it wasn't all for nothing. Goodnight :)

ETA: i'm really curious to see how the Enchanted Polish restock will go on wednesday or thursday
wtff.gif

Anitacska

Was just gonna say, if this is what the EdM restock was like, I don't wanna know what the EP one will be like!
wtff.gif

I've been reading about this about half an hour ago on Llarowe's facebook. I'm really happy that i decided to skip this restock, this was just crazy
blinks.gif
Good thing that you still managed to get 4 polishes, so it wasn't all for nothing. Goodnight :)

ETA: i'm really curious to see how the Enchanted Polish restock will go on wednesday or thursday
wtff.gif

Liz2012

Was just gonna say, if this is what the EdM restock was like, I don't wanna know what the EP one will be like!
wtff.gif
Yeah lol, it will be hell unleashed
th_devil.gif
The best she can do in my opinion is to postpone the Enchanted restock untill all the problems with the new site are resolved.

CartoonChic

OMG!! I have never experienced anything like Llarowe EdM restock tonite! I think I lost more that 10 years...

blink.gif
thud.gif

I so feel your pain. I added items to my cart, but everything was moving at a snail's pace that my timer ran out and emptied my cart before I could complete checkout. I tried a 2nd time and managed to check out just in time. Not every color I wanted was restocked today apparently. I just grabbed the other colors I wanted the most. I thought about going back for a few more colors that were on my list, but quickly killed that idea. I didn't want to deal with the hassle and frustration. I'm glad that I got 3 holos to try. I don't know. I question the expertise and skill of her web developers. Seems like they lack experience with high traffic websites.

Emily de Molly

• Land of Confusion
  • Seeing Red
  • Where Boys Fear To Tread
  • Black Forest
  • Serenity
  • Steeling Diamonds

CartoonChic

Yeah lol, it will be hell unleashed
th_devil.gif
The best she can do in my opinion is to postpone the Enchanted restock untill all the problems with the new site are resolved.
iagree.gif
x 1000 An Enchanted restock can't happen if the site is going to function like it did today. That would just be a horrible experience for everyone involved.

CartoonChic

Edit: Just had a look at swatches and decided I also need Scallywag and Fairy Cake from that collection (that means I will have all 5) and guess what, HQHair.com has a 3 for 2 offer on Butter London! Result!
Fairy Cake is beautiful, but I haven't worn it yet. I still have Scallywag and Fiddlesticks sitting in my Nordstrom cart from earlier today. Did you pull the trigger on the colors you wanted?

Latest posts