Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

Honi, if you're adventurous you could also take a peek at Korean nps on eBay. Missha, TonyMoly, Etude House to name just a few. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks for your order they are often quite cheap and offer a wide range.

CartoonChic

Oh CC it's very chic ! I love your mani !
Thanks!
kissy.gif

CartoonChic

I KNOW you fellow NP-addicts can help me with this. I am on the hunt for some interesting glitter polishes but they cant be indie (I have zero patience for restocks and such)! I was looking at that new OPI polish from the breast cancer awareness collection and it looks interesting but very close to It's a Trap-Eze which i already have. I've also checked out Girly from Revlon and I dont have anything like it so it's very interesting. Anyone got any suggestions? The crazier the better but more "muted" (IS there such a thing as a muted glitter, lol?) glitter-suggestions are welcome :D
I was going to suggest Deborah Lippmann polishes as well. China Glaze, OPI and Revlon make great glitters. I don't have much to add here. I've just realized that most of my glitters are indie polishes.
amuse.gif

Anitacska

Medgal07

EDM or EM stand for Emily de Molly. EP stands for Enchanted Polish. The polishes are beautiful. They'd have to be to go through what we did today to get them!
I'll just have to live vicariously through you CC. Stalking for makeup is bad enough---I can't do it with NP too. That kind of anxiety ages you!!!
lol.gif

Medgal07

BEAUTIFUL PDF!!!!!
eyelove.gif

I'm still not sure if I'm even going to try to order with the EP restock. I need my money for other things and can only get like 3 bottles anyway. I hope they do delay the restock. I also noticed how slow the site was yesterday during the restock, but I didn't plan on getting any.
On another not I got my Wing Dust order yesterday! I already did my nails with Sleepless Summer Nights and that one's just gorgeous! I like the others a lot as well in their bottles, but I think SSN is my favorite. Here is a picture with flash and without.

Anitacska

Oh and Honi, I don't know if you have access to Barry M polishes in Denmark, but they do some nice glitters.

Here's my current pedi, Urban Decay Aquarius.
heart.gif
Such a lovely colour!

Medgal07

Beautiful Manis Anneri & CC---you ladies are killing it with these gorgeous manis----I'm just loving all the NP eye candy---keep it coming!!!!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

I'm getting ready to do a polish change. Here are quick pics of my current mani before I remove it. A England Camelot with 2 coats of CrowsToes Shoot the Butterfly layered over the middle and ring fingers to accent.

Medgal07

Hare Polish is having a soft launch of her new collection right now! A few other colors have also been restocked.
I'm running in the opposite direction
th_happy1.gif
I will not buy new racks, I will not buy new racks, I will

not buy new racksI will not buy new racks I will not buy new racksI will not buy new racks I will not buy new
racks, I will not buy new racks, I will not buy new racks

honey on boost

th_hello2.gif
Everyone! I'm finally back from my vacation. I've been so busy taking photos of whales and other wildlife that I didn't take a single shot of my mani's the past two weeks (A MIRACLE). I've missed you all! I've been poking in here and there trying to keep up but I kept losing signal every night on the ship
thmbdn.gif

Happy Belated Birthday Anneri! I really love those flats and such a great beauty haul.

I can't remember if it was Kimbos or NaughtyP who posted it but I really hope they find Prince. That must be a horrible feeling.

Anistacska I really like those Nails Inc polishes. I'm trying so hard to be good but that pic is making it hard on me.

I'm loving all the pretty mani's too
eyelove.gif
wish I could comment on each one but by the time I finish there will be 10 more pages to read through
girlhaha.gif

lilinah

It's heartening to find that some other folks have to avoid high heels. I've never been able to wear heels more than 2" high comfortably - until recently i wore US 4-1/2 A/AAA shoes. Now my feet are HUUUUGE - i wear a 5 or 5-1/2
girlhaha.gif

I usually wear Mary Janes because my heels are still narrow enough that they always come out of regular width slip-on flats.

Back in 70s, I had a pair with 7" heels and 4" platforms - i had to lean on my boyfriend to walk in them. I wore them to see the "Rocky Horror Show" LIVE in LA in 1974, with Tim Curry as Frank N. Furter strutting a catwalk lit from underneath that ran diagonally from one corner of the club to the other. When Rocky was unwrapped, he swung on a rope OVER the audience from one little balcony to another. Those shoes are long since retired...

CartoonChic

Beautiful Manis Anneri & CC---you ladies are killing it with these gorgeous manis----I'm just loving all the NP eye candy---keep it coming!!!!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

Leave it to you to know this CC!!! I have a little situation. I was at the Chanel counter today and the SA said, "We've brought back Rouge Noir # 18, and it's
exclusive to Nordstrom." I looked at the polish and because I love a vampy color I purchased it knowing that by name, I did not have it. When I got home I put it on
my rack right next to----yes you guessed Vamp # 18. When I put the bottles side/side the difference is noticeable. Vamp is lighter and has shimmer. For me, they
are different enough to keep both but I thought it strange that like Dior, they seem to have given two NPs that are similar in color, the same number.

I miss Kimibos too MACina. She really gets me excited about nail polish. I'm sure her focus is on getting Prince back. I miss Buick and HOB too. I think HOB is in Alaska.
Hee hee. I can answer that. Chanel 18 Rouge Noir and 18 Vamp are two different colors. Rouge Noir is a permanent color outside of the US. Vamp is exclusive to the US. As you've noted, Vamp is a bit lighter and has shimmer. Rouge Noir was released back in 1994 and was originally named Vamp, but it was a creme polish. Not a shimmer. Chanel made it a shimmer when it was re-released in the US. Chanel releases Rouge Noir in the US from time to time as a LE color.

It's also been said that the original Vamp is the color worn by Uma Thurman in the movie Pulp Fiction. That is what made me break my "no more than $5 polish" rule to buy it. Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies, so I thought it would be cool to have the polish. Here are some links about it.

http://www.polishpolice.com/2012/06/23/vamp-diaries/

http://www.pointlesscafe.com/2013/07/chanel-18-vamp-and-18-rouge-noir.html

CartoonChic

I'm running in the opposite direction
th_happy1.gif
I will not buy new racks, I will not buy new racks, I will

not buy new racksI will not buy new racks I will not buy new racksI will not buy new racks I will not buy new
racks, I will not buy new racks, I will not buy new racks
I got an image of Jack Nicholson in The Shining on his typewriter after seeing this.

CartoonChic

It's heartening to find that some other folks have to avoid high heels. I've never been able to wear heels more than 2" high comfortably - until recently i wore US 4-1/2 A/AAA shoes. Now my feet are HUUUUGE - i wear a 5 or 5-1/2
girlhaha.gif

I usually wear Mary Janes because my heels are still narrow enough that they always come out of regular width slip-on flats.

Back in 70s, I had a pair with 7" heels and 4" platforms - i had to lean on my boyfriend to walk in them. I wore them to see the "Rocky Horror Show" LIVE in LA in 1974, with Tim Curry as Frank N. Furter strutting a catwalk lit from underneath that ran diagonally from one corner of the club to the other. When Rocky was unwrapped, he swung on a rope OVER the audience from one little balcony to another. Those shoes are long since retired...
I keep trying to walk in heels. I practice in the house, but the sidewalk feels different under my feet and I look awkward. That must've been something to see that performance live!

CartoonChic

I picked up the new Hare polish collection earlier today and threw in Why So Igneous? while I was at it. It wasn't a full restock, so some other colors I want weren't available. So much for planned purchases.
cutey.gif

Hare Polish

• Dancing Bird of Paradise
  • Flight of the Flamingos
  • Mad Chill
  • Neon Palm
  • Washed Ashore
  • Why So Igneous?

CartoonChic

I've been seeing more and more pics of Enchanted Little Fishy. It looks more like an ice blue color instead of mint green. I'll be able to confirm tomorrow and will also compare with July 2013. I thought both colors would be very similar at first.

Lol! I feel like I'm talking to myself. Eh. That's nothing new.
th_crazy2.gif
girlhaha.gif

Honi

Honi, if you're adventurous you could also take a peek at Korean nps on eBay. Missha, TonyMoly, Etude House to name just a few. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks for your order they are often quite cheap and offer a wide range.
I dont mind eBaying at all, quite the opposite haha
type.gif
Havent ventured much into Korean Np's besides getting the etude house peel off base coat so that might be interesting!