Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Honi

Oh and Honi, I don't know if you have access to Barry M polishes in Denmark, but they do some nice glitters.
I should be able to find them on eBay :) I actually have one holographic chunky glitter polish from Barry M I just realized, I should pull it out!

MRV

Quote:
I picked up the new Hare polish collection earlier today and threw in Why So Igneous? while I was at it. It wasn't a full restock, so some other colors I want weren't available. So much for planned purchases.
cutey.gif

Hare Polish

• Dancing Bird of Paradise
  • Flight of the Flamingos
  • Mad Chill
  • Neon Palm
  • Washed Ashore
  • Why So Igneous?
supacool.gif
me too. I was not able to be on Etsy on the hour(s), some time after 1 pm there were 3 of the new ones and a few hours after 7 pm all of them, but I did not see any sets nor really many oldies either.

A new mani. CG Isle See You Later and Blue Hawaiian sandwiched. It's a bit blurry but you might see the glitter better. ISYL is the sheerest polish ever, but it's perfect for a sandwich. I bet it would be awesome with some super glitter for a "glowing underwater" effect.

Anitacska

Quote:    :haha: One of the NP rules!    :true: Thanks. Good to know! I like the Beatles and Time to Pretend collections most, too. There are many who make holos, but those two are different.    :happydance: I hope it's on before the 28th though, because there are a few days I'm not able to haul.    :agree: Awesome combo! Free shipping? Where can you get EdM and free shipping from? A while ago DL was about 10 euros a bottle on BeautyBay. Maybe they'll have another sale during the Holiday season? :wback: Honey. Wow, you did have a wild vacation! Nice story! I think I saw a woman on "7" heels and 4" platforms" a few weeks ago, it looked scary!    :supacool: me too. I was not able to be on Etsy on the hour(s), some time after 1 pm there were 3 of the new ones and a few hours after 7 pm all of them, but I did not see any sets nor really many oldies either. A new mani. CG Isle See You Later and Blue Hawaiian sandwiched. It's a bit blurry but you might see the glitter better. ISYL is the sheerest polish ever, but it's perfect for a sandwich. I bet it would be awesome with some super glitter for a "glowing underwater" effect.
I got the EdM polishes from Sally Magpies, she offers free UK shipping for orders over £20. I really wanted Rose Gold, but didn't want to pay for postage, so instead I added Split Personality to my order. :)

Liz2012

Quote:

girlhaha.gif
One of the NP rules!

true.gif

Thanks. Good to know!

I like the Beatles and Time to Pretend collections most, too. There are many who make holos, but those two are different.

th_DANCE.gif
I hope it's on before the 28th though, because there are a few days I'm not able to haul.

iagree.gif

Awesome combo!

Free shipping? Where can you get EdM and free shipping from?

A while ago DL was about 10 euros a bottle on BeautyBay. Maybe they'll have another sale during the Holiday season?

th_welcomeback2.png
Honey. Wow, you did have a wild vacation!

Nice story! I think I saw a woman on "7" heels and 4" platforms" a few weeks ago, it looked scary!

supacool.gif
me too. I was not able to be on Etsy on the hour(s), some time after 1 pm there were 3 of the new ones and a few hours after 7 pm all of them, but I did not see any sets nor really many oldies either.

A new mani. CG Isle See You Later and Blue Hawaiian sandwiched. It's a bit blurry but you might see the glitter better. ISYL is the sheerest polish ever, but it's perfect for a sandwich. I bet it would be awesome with some super glitter for a "glowing underwater" effect.

Stunning mani MRV!
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

Hi my darling CC!!!! I knew if there was a back story, you would have it! As I said, the difference was obvious enough for me to keep Rouge Noir---given this bit of
history and your passion for Pulp Fiction (I have the video tape), I'm even happier to keep RN!! BTW, the Chanel SA said RN was exlusive to Nordstrom but I saw it
at Chanel.com
pompom.gif

I got an image of Jack Nicholson in The Shining on his typewriter after seeing this.

Medgal07

I've been seeing more and more pics of Enchanted Little Fishy. It looks more like an ice blue color instead of mint green. I'll be able to confirm tomorrow and will also compare with July 2013. I thought both colors would be very similar at first.

Lol! I feel like I'm talking to myself. Eh. That's nothing new.
th_crazy2.gif
girlhaha.gif
lmao.gif

Medgal07

Alright ladies---I have a confession.
girlhaha.gif
At my age, I'm still rocking 5 inch heels. I love my shoes. I work out on a regular basis to keep my ankles
strong & a pretty pedi doesn't hurt either!

It's heartening to find that some other folks have to avoid high heels. I've never been able to wear heels more than 2" high comfortably - until recently i wore US 4-1/2 A/AAA shoes. Now my feet are HUUUUGE - i wear a 5 or 5-1/2
girlhaha.gif

I usually wear Mary Janes because my heels are still narrow enough that they always come out of regular width slip-on flats.

Back in 70s, I had a pair with 7" heels and 4" platforms - i had to lean on my boyfriend to walk in them. I wore them to see the "Rocky Horror Show" LIVE in LA in 1974, with Tim Curry as Frank N. Furter strutting a catwalk lit from underneath that ran diagonally from one corner of the club to the other. When Rocky was unwrapped, he swung on a rope OVER the audience from one little balcony to another. Those shoes are long since retired...

honey on boost

girlhaha.gif
At my age, I'm still rocking 5 inch heels. I love my shoes. I work out on a regular basis to keep my ankles

love them! If I was your daughter I'd be raiding your closet everyday. Do you want to adopt me?
bouquet.gif

Dominique33

girlhaha.gif

At your age ?
sigh.gif
But Medgal you look so young. And those shoes well, just fab !
rasta.gif
I wear flats because my feet are " broken " by classical ballet courses ( even if it was a long time ago ouch my feet ), heels are pretty I think !

Medgal07

That sounds like fun! I have a love/hate relationship with heels. I love the way they look but my feet hurt like crazy.

TY! So glad to be back.

I hear you I always practice wearing them but since I'm usually in flats I always feel uneasy in them.

th_hug.gif

Thanks! Yes it was pretty crazy but I loved every minute. I'll post some pictures later if everyone doesn't mind.

That looks like the perfect blue jelly sandwich.

th_hug.gif
Thanks hun! I can't wait to paint them tonight. I'm trying to use up all my summer colors but Fall colors keep calling my name. I know---that's the truth. I've worn Chanel's Alchimie 3 times already. I love olive/khaki green!!!

I missed you all!

love them! If I was your daughter I'd be raiding your closet everyday. Do you want to adopt me?
bouquet.gif

I'm so happy that her feet are larger than mine---she can't wear my shoes!
pompom.gif

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by Dominique33
At your age ?
sigh.gif
But Medgal you look so young. And those shoes well, just fab !
rasta.gif
I wear flats because my feet are " broken " by classical ballet courses ( even if it was a long time ago ouch my feet ), heels are pretty I think !

Thanks Dominique. I have amazing shoes, but I'll bet you have awesome legs-----------
th_worship.gif
---------dancers always do!!!!!!

CartoonChic

girlhaha.gif

Holy
censored.gif
! My face just melted.
th_drool.gif
th_worship.gif
Not just for the fabulous shoes, but also for being able to walk in them. You better work!

CartoonChic

Quote:

girlhaha.gif
One of the NP rules!

true.gif

Thanks. Good to know!

I like the Beatles and Time to Pretend collections most, too. There are many who make holos, but those two are different.

th_DANCE.gif
I hope it's on before the 28th though, because there are a few days I'm not able to haul.

iagree.gif

Awesome combo!

Free shipping? Where can you get EdM and free shipping from?

A while ago DL was about 10 euros a bottle on BeautyBay. Maybe they'll have another sale during the Holiday season?

th_welcomeback2.png
Honey. Wow, you did have a wild vacation!

Nice story! I think I saw a woman on "7" heels and 4" platforms" a few weeks ago, it looked scary!

supacool.gif

Thanks! Hare had 2 restocks for the collection yesterday. There was a set for it, but I think they were very few of them available. Your mani looks great.

Medgal07

Holy
censored.gif
! My face just melted.
th_drool.gif
th_worship.gif
Not just for the fabulous shoes, but also for being able to walk in them. You better work!
lol.gif
th_happy1.gif
Going to workout now CC----right after I wash my makeup brushes. I'd better workout. Hubs is away on business so I dined alone out on the patio tonight---candles, a glass of red wine----and a little mood music too. I used to do that all the time when I was single. My friends used to say that I was my own best date.

CartoonChic

I received my polishes. Enchanted Little Fishy is an ice blue mint. I'll have to take pics tomorrow. My CrowsToes and Picture Polishes are all so pretty.

I changed my polish yesterday and I'm wearing Takko Wanderlust with Hare
Own Your Opulence to accent. Opulent would be a nice word to describe the mani.
I don't have anything like the base color of Wanderlust. The blue shimmer in it is beautiful and sophisticated. The formula is thin, but is very easy to apply. It becomes opaque after the 2nd coat.
Own Your Opulence is a stunning glitter topper.
It just looks like black and gold glitter in the bottle, but there's pink and grey blue glitter mixed in. It pairs very well with Wanderlust.

Prettypackages

lol.gif
th_happy1.gif
Going to workout now CC----right after I wash my makeup brushes. I'd better workout. Hubs is away on business so I dined alone out on the patio tonight---candles, a glass of red wine----and a little mood music too. I used to do that all the time when I was single. My friends used to say that I was my own best date.

Forget everyone else, you have to adopt me. I'm your favorite, remember? ;-)
My mom says she is always going to rock her heels too.
I've slowed down a little had a knee injury, but I always knew if I strengthened my core and ankles I'd be fine.

Liz2012

girlhaha.gif

Wow Medgal, some amazing shoes you have there!
eyelove.gif
I can't imagine walking in shoes like that without landing on my face after less than 5 mins lol (i always wear flats), so i'm impressed. I bet you look fabulous in them :)

Liz2012

I received my polishes. Enchanted Little Fishy is an ice blue mint. I'll have to take pics tomorrow. My CrowsToes and Picture Polishes are all so pretty.

I changed my polish yesterday and I'm wearing Takko Wanderlust with Hare
Own Your Opulence to accent. Opulent would be a nice word to describe the mani.
I don't have anything like the base color of Wanderlust. The blue shimmer in it is beautiful and sophisticated. The formula is thin, but is very easy to apply. It becomes opaque after the 2nd coat.
Own Your Opulence is a stunning glitter topper.
It just looks like black and gold glitter in the bottle, but there's pink and grey blue glitter mixed in. It pairs very well with Wanderlust.
Enjoy your polishes CartoonChic and i'm looking forward to pics :) Nice to hear that you like Wanderlust, already added that one to my wishlist, together with Opium and Jimi's Jacket. I've found swatches of Heads Will Roll btw, here's the link: http://www.samariums-swatches.com/2013/08/takko-lacquer-swatches-review.html . I'm really glad i ordered it
heart.gif
Nirvana looks stunning as well, it almost reminds me a little of Bisbee in a way.

Liz2012

My current mani: Hare Let Them Eat ... What?

After taking pics i wanted to put my polish away, but i accidently knocked it over and the bottle rolled off the table to the ground. I swear my heart stopped beating for a few secs lol
icon_eek.gif
Luckily the bottle is still perfectly fine, those are some sturdy bottles Hare uses
biguns.gif

Latest posts