Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Dominique33

Okay fellow NPAs. I've not been here on a regular basis but I'll be back soon. Here is my most recent haul and I must say--it's the absolute best one that I've made in years.
You'll notice a measly one NP but I did post six or so that I hauled earlier this month. The NP is Dior's Darling and I got the lipstick to match. The other items are;

Chanel: Les 4 Ombres, Fascination & Seduction
Illusion D' Ombre in Apparition
Stylo Yeux Eyeliner in Bleu Exquis

Dior: Rouge Dior lipstick, 999
Rouge Dior Lipstick, Darling

YSL: Rouge Pur Couture, the Mats 203 (red)
Rouge Pur Couture, Le Orange
Rouge Pur Couture, Fuchsia Innocent (pink)

My most prized purchase of this haul is HoneyBee

OMG! So precious and I'm over the moon. I loss my precious Yorkie of 16 years and it has taken me so long to even consider another puppy.
HoneyBee is 9 mths old--I prefer them younger but the breeder kept Honeybee out of a two-puppy litter to raise her for the show ring, only she
turned out to be a bit smaller than expected. Soooooo she offered HoneyBee to me. I got the contract today and I fly out to Kansas City, MO
to pick her up next month. The fun part about this is that a dear friend of mine has HoneyBee's sister. We're already planning to reunite them.

Great haul !
Honeybee is the cutest ever !

@Naughtyp
ohboy.gif

Seeing the lovely cat beside you, I thought you did find it. So sorry about that, I do hope you'll find your cat, some cats can be so elusive sometimes.

Hello everyone !
wavey.gif

kimibos

Lol! Late night shoppers unite!

I only ordered the 4 new Hares. The older Hares I wanted weren't restocked at all. I decided to wait for Llarowe's restock of Scofflaw. Only one of the 4 Scofflaw colors I needed was restock and I felt too cheap to spend $3 to ship one polish after all the money I've already spent this weekend.

Hare Polish

• Peepshow Magique
  • Read My Biorhythm
  • Test Your Love!
  • Zoltar Speaks

I also held off on the I Love NP Ultrachromes. I saw them when they had the preorder option. I'm still debating if I want to add another brand. I can barely keep up with the brands I already buy.
nice haul. Which hares are you waiting for? was Medusa luminosa there? thats the only one i really want. and now the new ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dominique33
Hello everyone !
wavey.gif
HI Domi!!

kimibos

i woke up around 11am today, and i didnt turn my computer on till now! i knew i was going to fall for the hares.
it kind of sucks that ill have to pay a couple of dollars more at LLa. but i had no other way. i just couldnt afford them right now.
i cant wait to see all your swatches! the whole collection looks gorgeous to me.

liba

Lol! Late night shoppers unite!

I only ordered the 4 new Hares. The older Hares I wanted weren't restocked at all. I decided to wait for Llarowe's restock of Scofflaw. Only one of the 4 Scofflaw colors I needed was restock and I felt too cheap to spend $3 to ship one polish after all the money I've already spent this weekend.

Hare Polish

• Peepshow Magique
  • Read My Biorhythm
  • Test Your Love!
  • Zoltar Speaks

I also held off on the I Love NP Ultrachromes. I saw them when they had the preorder option. I'm still debating if I want to add another brand. I can barely keep up with the brands I already buy.
You are another one that should not even miss the Ultrachromes. They really do only need 2 coats for opacity and they are incredible. It's not just hyperbole - these are indeed the finest multichrome polishes I've ever encountered. I don't think there's any need to bother with any of their other polishes, but Birefringence and Cygnus Loop are stupendous.

Just to tantalize you even further, I just put a coat of the new blue Lippmann holo glitter Va Va Voom over my pinkies as an accent and even that didn't interfere in the slightest with the multichrome effect. VERY satisfied customer here.
graucho.gif

Anitacska

You are another one that should not even miss the Ultrachromes. They really do only need 2 coats for opacity and they are incredible. It's not just hyperbole - these are indeed the finest multichrome polishes I've ever encountered. I don't think there's any need to bother with any of their other polishes, but Birefringence and Cygnus Loop are stupendous.

Just to tantalize you even further, I just put a coat of the new blue Lippmann holo glitter Va Va Voom over my pinkies as an accent and even that didn't interfere in the slightest with the multichrome effect. VERY satisfied customer here.
graucho.gif
Well, I've gone ahead and ordered them. I think I really need to stop hauling now, at least for a while. Now I've just got to be patient and wait for my packages, and try not to get too tempted by other things in the meantime. And I need to keep using my existing polishes, it's taken me 3 days to change my nail polish, at this rate it will be 5 years before I've used them all (once!).

Anitacska

I had Space Beetle in my cart because you mentioned it, but changed my mind at the last minute. Adding it to my cart made it more than I allowed myself to spend. I'll grab it later.

What did you get? I just ordered everything online to make sure I got the colors I wanted. The Butters at my Ulta are usually picked over.
DDP has just announced on FB that they might discontinue Space Beetle, so if you want it, grab it quick!

liba

Well, I've gone ahead and ordered them. I think I really need to stop hauling now, at least for a while. Now I've just got to be patient and wait for my packages, and try not to get too tempted by other things in the meantime. And I need to keep using my existing polishes, it's taken me 3 days to change my nail polish, at this rate it will be 5 years before I've used them all (once!).
I'm very conservative with nail polish buying. For this fall, I've only gotten the gold and blue Lippmann polishes (undercoats and glitters), the dark navy Punk Rock Lippmann and 2 of the Ultrachromes. I did get a few of the Vintage Leather Color Shows and still want to get a few of the China Glaze and Orly polishes and maybe a couple of OPIs, but I'm being pretty restrained and sticking mostly to low priced additions. I honestly still love the fall colors I got from China Glaze last year plus the fall MAC colors from a couple years back that Jin Soon designed, like Rain of Flowers and Earthly Harmony. They still look very up to date.

Nail polish goes bad quicker than any of my other makeup so I really do like to use it up. I bought a lot of polish this spring and summer and although I managed to wear everything, I felt like it was sort of overkill to feel like I was getting my money's worth. I know I could fiddle around with thinner, etc., if my bottles get old but I'm OK with only buying something when I'm completely bowled over by something really unique like those Ultrachromes. The gold Lippmanns are to die for when worn together, btw. That much I'll say
angelic.gif

Bcteagirl

I bought Peepshow Magique & Washed Ashore from Hare. I think these two will look cute with my 50s sweaters. And now I really have to be good and not buy anything... I hope
angelic.gif
I bet they will! I like all of them, but don't feel I 'have' to own any of them, so will see how it goes. Trying to restrict myself to must haves for internet orders.

OPI 'Last friday Night' on my nails right now, a very pale blue with small multicolour round silver sparkles. 5 coats by itself with no under colour is very nice. Will try to take a picture tomorrow if I don't ruin it first.

Naughtyp

i woke up around 11am today, and i didnt turn my computer on till now! i knew i was going to fall for the hares.
it kind of sucks that ill have to pay a couple of dollars more at LLa. but i had no other way. i just couldnt afford them right now.
i cant wait to see all your swatches! the whole collection looks gorgeous to me.
As soon as I clicked he link and saw the flakies I remembered how much u love them =) the dark pink one reminds me of DL Sweet Dreams kinda, which I still haven't picked up, so that's cool lol. Damn Indies!

Fuzzy

these two seemed similar to me , so I went with the Peepshow, ill get the other one some other haul lol ( I hope!)

hah, im such a liar! lol went to the mall to "pay bills" and I was walking out of VS and I saw this hella cute mint PINK shirt on sale so I had to go back and get it lol. So I figured wth and stopped at ULTA. I got Zoya Carter, Arabella and Chita pixies along with my giftset. I like te other ones too, the champagne colored one was all gone, but it is very similar to OPI Honey Ryder. so I can wait. I do think I like the Pixies better than than sands tho. The blue one is gorge and I plan on getting it but I haven't used opi Alcatraz Rocks yet, and I want the orange one too but I have the two orange ones from the summer set. I need to stay off the computer lol all these fall collections are killing me!

lol! ya I held off too, but ill order 1 eventually im sure, I tried making a list of my top 5 Indies, High end and drugstore polishes so I can try to buy LESS and I couldn't. I had to make 6 of each. 18 brands still seems like a lot to me lol .

I love Orange Fizz ( I don't have it lol)! that sound sso pretty, I was looking at those glitter Enchanteds the other day, I bet they are beautiful toppers. I love the way the Castle ones look over other colors!! I want Djinn lol

that one is so pretty! I hope my lilypads don't take too long to get to me!

thank you... =) im doing ok....

same here....EP's are just so hard for me to get... =( always get caught with a fucking glitch of some sort!!
rant.gif

As soon as I clicked he link and saw the flakies I remembered how much u love them =) the dark pink one reminds me of DL Sweet Dreams kinda, which I still haven't picked up, so that's cool lol. Damn Indies!
I kind of feel like I don't have a lot of those more subtle, lighter types of colours in my collection so I went ahead and bought both. Lots of brights and darks in my NP for sure, but, I think I need to cut back on blue-green types of colours and probably corals too!

kimibos

20820.jpg
20815.jpg
20816.jpg
20817.jpg
20818.jpg
20819.jpg

Milky Ways / Starburst / Star Trooper / Intergalactic Space/ Black Hole / Gravity Bound

Orly Galaxy FX Collection

"Bring out of this world nail effects to your tips with Galaxy FX, the latest innovation from ORLY. These
shades were modeled after constellations to create a galactic look on your nails.
The new FX shades are formulated in our specialty Black Space Base and Milky White Base then injected
with different sizes and shapes of glitter for a multi-dimensional, celestial finish." orly

All Info and Pictures From TransDesign, INC. they have it for January of 2014.

Orly is Going "Indie"
cheerleader.gif

kimibos

Quote: Originally Posted by Naughtyp hah, im such a liar! lol went to the mall to "pay bills" and I was walking out of VS and I saw this hella cute mint PINK shirt on sale so I had to go back and get it lol. So I figured wth and stopped at ULTA. I got Zoya Carter, Arabella and Chita pixies along with my giftset. I like te other ones too, the champagne colored one was all gone, but it is very similar to OPI Honey Ryder. so I can wait. I do think I like the Pixies better than than sands tho. The blue one is gorge and I plan on getting it but I haven't used opi Alcatraz Rocks yet, and I want the orange one too but I have the two orange ones from the summer set. I need to stay off the computer lol all these fall collections are killing me!
lol! ya I held off too, but ill order 1 eventually im sure, I tried making a list of my top 5 Indies, High end and drugstore polishes so I can try to buy LESS and I couldn't. I had to make 6 of each. 18 brands still seems like a lot to me lol .
thank you... =) im doing ok....
same here....EP's are just so hard for me to get... =( always get caught with a fucking glitch of some sort!!

I really want Carter and Sunshine. i only have chita and 2 mariah sands. idk which ones i like more tho. so far i have managed to skip all opi collections, since oz. i have a feeling one day ill just start to catch up and get them all at once. i always do that with opi :(
EP are just a pain in the ass to get, worst brand costumer service in my opinion, but now that i have 2, i just really like them. i felt for them.
ahh Hare is just my love brand. the only one i have gone, must have them all crazy. i dont have DL sweet dreams and probably wont get it anytime soon, so the hare one is welcome. i wonder when LLa is going to have them.
sigh.gif

nikole is going to be gone for like 2 weeks so LLa is probably going to have them in 3 weeks. i hope. by then ill have the cash to get them.

Corally

20820.jpg
20815.jpg
20816.jpg

20817.jpg
20818.jpg
20819.jpg
Milky Ways   /         Starburst       / Star Trooper /       Intergalactic Space/       Black Hole  /   Gravity  Bound  Orly Galaxy FX Collection 
[COLOR=222222]"Bring out of this world nail effects to your tips with Galaxy FX, the latest innovation from ORLY. These[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=222222]shades were modeled after constellations to create a galactic look on your nails.[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=222222]The new FX shades are formulated in our specialty Black Space Base and Milky White Base then injected[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=222222]with different sizes and shapes of glitter for a multi-dimensional, celestial finish." orly[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=222222]All Info and Pictures From TransDesign, INC. they have it for January of 2014.[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=222222]Orly is Going "Indie" [/COLOR]​
:cheer:
I think I want them all. :cheer:

MRV

20820.jpg
20815.jpg
20816.jpg
20817.jpg
20818.jpg
20819.jpg

Milky Ways / Starburst / Star Trooper / Intergalactic Space/ Black Hole / Gravity Bound

Orly Galaxy FX Collection

"Bring out of this world nail effects to your tips with Galaxy FX, the latest innovation from ORLY. These
shades were modeled after constellations to create a galactic look on your nails.
The new FX shades are formulated in our specialty Black Space Base and Milky White Base then injected
with different sizes and shapes of glitter for a multi-dimensional, celestial finish." orly

All Info and Pictures From TransDesign, INC. they have it for January of 2014.

Orly is Going "Indie"
cheerleader.gif
Looking good! I like the first two, the rest depends on if they are on a clear base or not.

Girls, I confess, I have a Man
love.gif
Bug.

Look at that juicy glitter!

Honi

Here's todays mani, Isadora Fresh topped with Isadora Nail glitter in Blue Atoll. Can't say that I'm extremely excited by it though, Its not bad but Its definitely not a mani that I cant take my eyes off.. Hmm, what do you think?

Anitacska

Here's todays mani, Isadora Fresh topped with Isadora Nail glitter in Blue Atoll. Can't say that I'm extremely excited by it though, Its not bad but Its definitely not a mani that I cant take my eyes off.. Hmm, what do you think?
I like it a lot! I've bought some nail glitters lately, but haven't got around to trying them out yet.

honey on boost

I think it's unique and super cute!

Honi

I like it a lot! I've bought some nail glitters lately, but haven't got around to trying them out yet.
I think they are quite messy, I just went above the sink when I sprinkled because I learned last time that if I dont then I'll have glitter in my eye and nose for the coming week :p

Anitacska

This is my mani, China Glaze Infra Red holo polish. It's a really pretty colour and the holo is quite different from other polishes as it's very smooth, the whole things looks like it's metallic rather than holo, but the rainbow is definitely there, if this makes sense. The only problem is it looks terrible on my nails because it overemphasises every little ridge and imperfection (or in my case, every big imperfection). It looks better in person, but the pictures are not great. Try to focus on my ring and little fingers please (although it's also a pretty messy job, sorry).
blush-anim-cl.gif

kimibos

phew! I can safely pass since I'm over flakies. I'm still waiting on that restock of Pegasus and Midnights Summer. I'll be stalking with you. I hope they restock the colors I want.
oh man!! I haven't bought an Orly polish in years. Looks like that's gonna change.
Im kind of mad that they keep restocking yet they dont have some colors. like LLa said they were restocking them all but didnt.
i have a feeling ill never have Medusa luminosa
crybaby.gif

flower.gif
i have a stalking partner now. ill be checking all sites and posting info.
Did you see the CG Halloween collection? they have some gorgeous glitters in there, Orly just keeps getting better and better too.
http://melva.sg/china-glaze-monsters-ball-halloween-2013/

Latest posts