Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

Does anyone have both Emily de Molly Cool, Calm, & Collected and Land of Confusion? They seem very close. I have Land of Confusion. I'm trying to narrow down my must have now list.

CartoonChic

Naughty, I've compared Darling Diva Flash with Enchanted I Am The Walrus and Congratulations. Flash is a dupe of Congratulations. I Am The Walrus has a distinct orange-red color that doesn't go away.

Anitacska

Does anyone have both Emily de Molly Cool, Calm, & Collected and Land of Confusion?  They seem very close. I have Land of Confusion. I'm trying to narrow down my must have now list.
I have them both and from memory they aren't that close. I'll check tomorrow, today's been manic and I'm going to the theater in a few minutes. No packages for me today, I think I'm expecting 5 at the moment. Edit: I've found this picture I've posted a while ago, CC&C is the second one from the left and LoC is the third one.

Naughtyp

Wow! My order from Femme Fatale Cosmetics will be delivered today! I placed the order on Sunday. That means it only took 4 days to ship coming from Australia. Femme Fatale uses DHL for international shipping and it's more expensive, but I'm very satisfied with the speed.
Wow! That was super fast!!
Lol. The plain Enchanteds are the ones that aren't duo/multichrome. I got my Darling Divas last night too, and my Hares. The outside of my Darling Diva package was covered in something sticky. Like maybe soda had spilled on it and dried. Pretty gross. But the polishes inside were fine. I got Flash, We are the Champions, and We Will Rock You. I'll compare them. 7 packages? That's like getting a bunch of presents. I love it when that happens. OK, that makes sense about the Enchanted shipping delay. I just checked my tracking again and it now shows that it has arrived at my local post office. That's the only update for it. It doesn't show any other updates before that. I guess that means I'll receive it today.
My brother also got his 3 new computer screens so he quickly forgot about all my packages lol. I also got my EPs today!! Whoohoo!! Yesterday is beautiful and Autumn is very pretty but I wish it was more rustic looking. I did feel like I got a bunch of presents lol it was nice! Haha So which plain enchanteds have u used? I've only used water for unicorns and a little fishy. Plus both ice castle and castle on a cloud over other colors. Waiting for my darn nails to grow before I use the others lol. My darling diva package was fine, I'm glad hrs weren't damaged a sticky package woulda freaked me out!

Naughtyp

Naughty, I've compared Darling Diva Flash with Enchanted I Am The Walrus and Congratulations. Flash is a dupe of Congratulations. I Am The Walrus has a distinct orange-red color that doesn't go away.
Cool thank you!! I keep looking at Congratulations in pics online so that helps me out lol. Still need walrus especially after seeing kimonos pics! What about the other ones u got any of them close to the other imagine colors?

CartoonChic

My darling diva package was fine, I'm glad hrs weren't damaged a sticky package woulda freaked me out!
I missed my Femme Fatale package. I had to leave out and missed the delivery. I hope they redeliver tomorrow.

What color would you say Autumn is? I swatched it on my nail and can't tell. Is it taupe, khaki?
th_confused_new.gif

In holos, I've worn May 2013, I'm Kind of a Big Deal, Water for Unicorns and
Afternoon Delight​
. For glitters, I've worn *69 and
Flamingo Freckles. I think I have pics of everything sitting on my phone except for Afternoon Delight. I was cleaning and it chipped before I could take a pic.​

I used Congratulations for today's mani. I wanted to keep wearing it after doing those comparison swatches for you.​

kimibos

Drooling over DD new fall collection! So diff make a list, anyone making a list too?
i have listS by brands and usually add polishes by day.
girlhaha.gif
the DD collection does look good. im waiting for anitascka's and CC's expertise on how
similar they are to EPs.

Bcteagirl

http://ampolishes.blogspot.ca/2013/09/nelly-polish-worlds-first-dried-polish.html

Dried polish to get around customs. What do you guys think?

LastContrast

In theory it seems OK, but in practise it seems like a issue if you don't know how the base will react with the pigments? How can she check for bleeding/taco-ing glitters and so on. I kind of rely on the maker to have that all sussed on my behalf or I'll do my own mixing! (back to lurking and not buying ... repeat not buying... repeating I do not need any nail polish)

Naughtyp

I missed my Femme Fatale package. I had to leave out and missed the delivery. I hope they redeliver tomorrow.   What color would you say Autumn is? I swatched it on my nail and can't tell. Is it taupe, khaki? :???:   In holos, I've worn May 2013, I'm Kind of a Big Deal, Water for Unicorns and
Afternoon Delight​
. For glitters, I've worn *69 and 
Flamingo Freckles. I think I have pics of everything sitting on my phone except for Afternoon Delight. I was cleaning and it chipped before I could take a pic.​

I used Congratulations for today's mani. I wanted to keep wearing it after doing those comparison swatches for you.​
Awe man that sux hope u get it tomorrow! I think autumn is kind of a khaki green color with a brownish flash.. Idk lol I don't really like it as much as I thought I would :( I would love to see all your manis! I don't know what color to use now nor what I am gonna buy tomorrow during the restock.... Like I need any more to pick from!! Lol I gotta save for riri!!!

CartoonChic

What about the other ones u got any of them close to the other imagine colors?
I compared Darling Diva We Are the Champions to Enchanted Hey Jude and The Youth. They're all different. No dupes there. Then I tried We Are the Champions with Mean Mr. Mustard and Electric Feel. Those 3 colors are very close. Not exact dupes, but close enough to where you don't need them all. Mean Mr. Mustard has a very strong yellow-green color that makes it more vibrant than the other two. The Youth has a tinge of blue to it. Regular people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Darling Diva We Will Rock You dupes Enchanted Kids. They both have that aqua/purple shift. Magical Mystery Tour has the same aqua/purple shift, but it's darker and more opaque. Across The Universe is more blue/purple. Octopus's Garden and Time to Pretend are different shades of purple. Future Reflections is more blue.

I did all swatches on my nails with 2 coats. In general, the 3 Darling Diva Queen colors I have seem to dupe corresponding colors from the Enchanted Time to Pretend collection. I'm guessing the other 3 Darling Diva Queen colors will do the same. Now I kinda feel like I don't need to get the rest of the collection.
001_unsure.gif

Bcteagirl

email from Llaarlowe just came in:
Friday, September 20th at 12:00pm MDT and again at 7:00pm MDT, we will be restocking the following lines (please note - we have a 30 minute window prior and post launch time that the launch may go live):
Emily de Molly - restock and new colors (one polish per color per customer please!)
Esmaltes da Kelly - introduction launch
Glisten and Glow - introduction launch
Pahlish - restock and new colors
See you at the launch!
Leah Ann

CartoonChic

i have listS by brands and usually add polishes by day.
girlhaha.gif
the DD collection does look good. im waiting for anitascka's and CC's expertise on how
similar they are to EPs.
DD is Different Dimension or Darling Diva? Lol! That's why I have to write out the names so I don't confuse myself. I don't have any Different Dimension polishes if that's the case.

CartoonChic

In theory it seems OK, but in practise it seems like a issue if you don't know how the base will react with the pigments? How can she check for bleeding/taco-ing glitters and so on. I kind of rely on the maker to have that all sussed on my behalf or I'll do my own mixing! (back to lurking and not buying ... repeat not buying... repeating I do not need any nail polish)
iagree.gif
Don't make me do the work, or I'll just make my own. Buying one polish wouldn't hurt.
th_devil.gif

Latest posts