Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Fuzzy

Oh my, I'm glad you and the kiddo are ok, Anitacska. Poor little purple car :(
d06e2ba5_image.jpeg
I got the very last Pretty in Polka at Shoppers! They still had a few of each of the other colours. I also bought L'oreal's the Sparklicious Current mani is Misa Lime Love (ugh their cap drips. Boo.) I'm so mad at myself for dropping a token running for the bus ARG! Hope somebody finds it that needs it bad so at least it helps someone. I had too much stuff in my hands, I guess getting 2 frozen pizzas for 66¢ takes out some of the sting.

LastContrast

I love the Lush Lemon Flutter. I also really like the Neutrogena 'Norwegian Formula' hand cream. It's for really dry hands so it suits me (and its really cheap so I keep a tube in all my handbags!).

honey on boost

Too much to respond to individually. I'll just sum up that everyone's manis and hauls are so drool worthy. I can't get enough of them.
th_drool.gif

Have you all seen the swatches of some of the new Colors by Llarowe launching tomorrow? They're gorgeous! I didn't get anything from yesterday's restocks to save my pennies for tomorrow. There's way too many retired and new colors I want to pick up. Here's my Dirty Diana mani from a while back that I never posted. Look at that amazing holo!
heart.gif
eyelove.gif
heart.gif

Colors by Llarowe Dirty Diana

eyelove.gif
That holo is amazing! I need to get some of her polishes.

josephine90

Get the Dior Creme Abricot. It's expensive, but you won't regret it. There's also another cuticle cream that's been recommended in this thread. I think it's Lush Lemon Flutter or something like that. I haven't tried it, but others say it's good.   That's a gorgeous color! Love your nails. :eyelove:  
Im going to check that out! I heard the solar oil and cuticle eraser is really popular too, hav u heard of it?

MRV

Wet N Wild

Lovely nails and mani!

Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Oh my, I'm glad you and the kiddo are ok, Anitacska. Poor little purple car
ssad.gif

I got the very last Pretty in Polka at Shoppers! They still had a few of each of the other colours. I also bought L'oreal's the Sparklicious
Current mani is Misa Lime Love (ugh their cap drips. Boo.)
I'm so mad at myself for dropping a token running for the bus ARG! Hope somebody finds it that needs it bad so at least it helps someone. I had too much stuff in my hands, I guess getting 2 frozen pizzas for 66¢ takes out some of the sting.
Nice! A bigger L'Oréal bottle? I have not seen those, or any of the latest collections for that matter!

Mani time. First my previous mani, BL Marbs (I liked the orange cast it has):

And DL Jewel Heists in green(s)

Fuzzy

Glad to hear neither of you were hurt! Your car can always be fixed in a way or another. Hope everything goes fine! Oh, good! It's after next payday! A few weeks back I had about 6 bottles of the same polish in my cart because the page was slow and my fingers fast! :haha: This was already on my list!:cheer: Lovely! And BTW I also got the blue one from the summer collection. The glitter in it is actually duochrome (hope on nails, too?). Love all of them! TY for the info! I wish she would be more precise. Stalking 2+ weeks is tiresome. Lovely nails and mani! Nice! A bigger L'Oréal bottle? I have not seen those, or any of the latest collections for that matter! Mani time. First my previous mani, BL Marbs (I liked the orange cast it has): And DL Jewel Heists in green(s)
I think it's the same size as the other L'oreal polishes 11.7ml, the Maybelline bottle is quite small. I'm loving that green mani

LastContrast

Cute! This is my current mani

It's Ulta3 showstopper (over black) and so so so sparkly IRL. Will be fab for glitter tips and doesn't need any top coat to dry this super sparkly.

I hear you all on the makeup organising - my downfall is wandering to the cosmetics counter and going 'OMG I love that lipstick, must have it now' then coming home and realising I have a dupe for it, or even worse I actually already own that exact product but forgot. I actually have an app in for review at apple currently that's going to be kind of a stash spreadsheet with pictures (I aready have it on my phone but waiting to see about selling it in the app store... ) which I developed because of how often this happens to me
girlhaha.gif

Physically I tend to organise the makeup into drawers by use mainly so I have my everyday makeup (bb cream, benetint, taupe eyeshadow, black/darker eyeliner, mascara, illuminator, mid-pink lipstick/lip glosses), stage makeup (more vivid pigments, heavier foundations, primers, black pencil eyeliners, crazier false eyelashes), special occasions (meduim weight foundations, pigments, blushers, eyeliners, classier false eyeliners, red lipsticks). It makes sense to me but no one else can find anything. Crazy like fox I am, as the teenager regularly goes on raids of my collections looking for my high end makeup!!!!
girl_devil.gif
(I don't mind her borrowing but stuff borrowed without asking me first never seems to come back to me!)

Anitacska

Cute! This is my current mani

It's Ulta3 showstopper (over black) and so so so sparkly IRL. Will be fab for glitter tips and doesn't need any top coat to dry this super sparkly.

I hear you all on the makeup organising - my downfall is wandering to the cosmetics counter and going 'OMG I love that lipstick, must have it now' then coming home and realising I have a dupe for it, or even worse I actually already own that exact product but forgot. I actually have an app in for review at apple currently that's going to be kind of a stash spreadsheet with pictures (I aready have it on my phone but waiting to see about selling it in the app store... ) which I developed because of how often this happens to me
girlhaha.gif

Physically I tend to organise the makeup into drawers by use mainly so I have my everyday makeup (bb cream, benetint, taupe eyeshadow, black/darker eyeliner, mascara, illuminator, mid-pink lipstick/lip glosses), stage makeup (more vivid pigments, heavier foundations, primers, black pencil eyeliners, crazier false eyelashes), special occasions (meduim weight foundations, pigments, blushers, eyeliners, classier false eyeliners, red lipsticks). It makes sense to me but no one else can find anything. Crazy like fox I am, as the teenager regularly goes on raids of my collections looking for my high end makeup!!!!
girl_devil.gif
(I don't mind her borrowing but stuff borrowed without asking me first never seems to come back to me!)
Lovely manis! Josephine90, don't worry, nobody will judge you here! My painting skills aren't really great, but I love polish, so I will show off my manis anyway.

josephine90

Thank you all for your kind words!
bouquet.gif
I've contacted the insurance company and should hear back soon about the car. I really hope it's fixable, but if not, I've already seen another one which is exactly the same as mine (colour, specification), just a bit newer, so I can always get that one with the money the insurance co gives us for my car. I'm just thankful my little boy didn't get hurt and I hope he'll soon forget about it. Actually, he was quite keen to tell his friends at school that he was in an accident, I think once he got over the shock he thought it was pretty cool, Boys and their adventurous side, eh?
lol.gif

Lovely manis! Josephine90, don't worry, nobody will judge you here! My painting skills aren't really great, but I love polish, so I will show off my manis anyway.
If he thinks its cool, thats great! It means he's fine and not in any shock! I swear my hands tremble like crazy when i paint lol, in need of practice I guess, so I need more NP to practice :)

BeautyByLele

I have two nail polish racks that are almost full and I was thinking I don't need anymore polishes OR I could maybe buy a smaller nail polish rack one that holds like 60 bottles :eek:

Anitacska

Mei Mei posted this on Facebook:

As promised, here's a list of colors for upcoming launch of #enchantedpolish Shipment is not here yet at least for another week Swatch of the new exclusive shade will be revealed either end of this week or by next week. Thanks again

So we can relax for a week. I definitely want to try and get SC, Mr B, SNA, and maybe the new holo.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by lilinah I was so excited when my nails grew back, so i ordered stuff from Llarowe (which i listed a while ago) and did several manicures. I continue with Dior Creme Abricot daily, so hangnails are gone.

But now my nails are brittle, and chipping and breaking - not sure why. Normally my nails are too soft, bendy, and peel in layers. I've been taking a Glucosamine - Condroitin supplement for several months. And recently i started taking a Calcium - Magnesium supplement regularly. I don't know if either of these could be contributing. Any suggestions for treatment?

What are you using for your base and top coats? They could be the culprits. I've been dealing with brittle, peeling nails for months. I switched to a different base and top coat and see a vast improvement. I also stopped using drying drops. I think that maybe the alcohol content in it is too much for my nails to handle and dried them out. Some fast drying top coats can have the same effect.

I've been filing down and clipping off the dried, cracked tips of my nails as they grow out. I have about a third left to grow out. I also slather my nails with the Dior Creme Abricot to moisturize. I can't get enough of that stuff. I need to buy another one very soon.
I've been using OPI ordinary base and top coats. Not using drying drops or any quik-dri formulas.

lilinah

Anitacska, so sorry to hear about your accident. But sooooo glad you and your son are ok.

Maybe you need some nail polish the same color as the car :)