Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

lmao.gif
W-E-L-L...I just happened to get an E-mail from Estee Lauder tonight. I only ordered one nail polish (Insatiable) and their new Illuminating Powder Gelee, Tease. That's exactly what I told myself...YOLO.
lmao.gif
and then I ate my words!!!!
girlhaha.gif
thmbup.gif

Medgal07

Very pretty kimibos! Your nails make my nails look like nubs!!!
blink.gif

Orly Ingenue: duo chrome goodness its just beautiful purple and gold.i dont know why my big finger nail looks damage cause it isnt.
hmm.gif

Wet n Wild Twining Vines: wore this from wed-sun no damage at all. i always get the little white tips showing after 2 days but not with this polish. im impressed by this WnW polish.

Naughtyp

thanks girl!! yes retail therapy works wonders! lol he doesnt deserve to go out on any dates anyways lol. i did get the zoya polishes i ended up getting Rory, Zuza and Carly. I went to Whole Foods because i heard they carried Zoya and there was one Wednesday left so i couldnt just leave it there lol even though i have recently bought so many similiar shades! the orlys i got were Cotton Candy, La Vida Loca ( the new purple one), Meet me under the Mistletoe and Halleys Comet. the mini opi Mariah set has all the sand colors, and i got Coral Reef and White on from Sally Hansen (on sale at Ulta) and Revelon Luxe Laque (on sale at Ulta). I also picked up a np at Rite Aid called Holiday Lights it doesnt have a name but its like CG Its a Trapeez but hot pink.
I went to all these stores looking for the Modern Family collection I want Alex by the Books!! darnit lol. I really shouldnt have done all that dammage but its too late now. I think i will be ok until the BL come out in the store! lol but i think ill get paid again by then!

MRV

RBL used to do a 50% off sale once a year. I hauled big time in 2009 and 2010. This is the first time I bought any RBLs since. I had no such intention but then I heard Aqua Lily was coming back. That's when all common sense flew out the window. International shipping is USD18.50 for 7 bottles max. I figured if I was going to so something as irresponsible and downright stupid as paying that much for shipping, I might as well do so with a bang. Hence the magic number 7. In retrospect I should have got 3 more bottles to qualify for free shipping. Ah well.

Forget the job, get a lottery ticket instead :)
That's what I'm counting on! No luck though
cry.gif

Naughtyp

Hi ladies, can I join the NP fun? I must be crazy but I just read all 44 pages of this thread over the course of today! (CartoonChic, that is some impressive hauling you've been doing. Others haven't done so bad either, but when you read it all in one day, wow!
thud.gif
)

I'm fairly new to NP as a serious thing - well to all make-up if I'm honest. Most of my money is going on stuff for my face at the moment, but I'm still managing to sneak in the odd NP here and there. For all I've never worn it regularly until recently, I have about 50 bottles I reckon! Probably 15-20 of those have been added in the last 6 months, but some are probably 15 years old
icon_eek.gif
They're almost all cheapy/drugstore brands, and I added a couple more of those to my stash at the weekend.

Today I'm wearing one of them - Max Factor Dazzling Blue. Love it - it's almost an icy blue at some angles in daylight, but it has a lovely yellow-green pearl too.

But now I have a challenge for you all!
I plan to pick up 3 polishes from one of the big NP brands. So, can you name your top 3 colours - and 3 only! - for each of OPI, Essie, and Butter London? Then when you've done that, which set of 3 would you buy first? There have been more NPs named in this thread than I dare count, so it will be interesting to see what everyone says
greengrin.gif
OPI- The Spy who loved me, The One that got away, and Mermaids Tears
Essie- Play Date, Lights, and Splash of Grenadine
Butter London- Trout Pout, Frilly Knickers, and Lillibets Jubilee

Those are the ones I went to a lot of stores to find. Sadly most are LE but you can probably still find some of them

Anneri

Hi ladies, can I join the NP fun? I must be crazy but I just read all 44 pages of this thread over the course of today! (CartoonChic, that is some impressive hauling you've been doing. Others haven't done so bad either, but when you read it all in one day, wow!
thud.gif
)

I'm fairly new to NP as a serious thing - well to all make-up if I'm honest. Most of my money is going on stuff for my face at the moment, but I'm still managing to sneak in the odd NP here and there. For all I've never worn it regularly until recently, I have about 50 bottles I reckon! Probably 15-20 of those have been added in the last 6 months, but some are probably 15 years old
icon_eek.gif
They're almost all cheapy/drugstore brands, and I added a couple more of those to my stash at the weekend.

Today I'm wearing one of them - Max Factor Dazzling Blue. Love it - it's almost an icy blue at some angles in daylight, but it has a lovely yellow-green pearl too.

But now I have a challenge for you all!
I plan to pick up 3 polishes from one of the big NP brands. So, can you name your top 3 colours - and 3 only! - for each of OPI, Essie, and Butter London? Then when you've done that, which set of 3 would you buy first? There have been more NPs named in this thread than I dare count, so it will be interesting to see what everyone says
greengrin.gif
Hi there! Welcome!

Your little challenge is quite difficult! Too many nps... I also suffer from LE syndrome, meaning I tend to buy mainly LE products. PR and marketing teams: I'm suffering over here! You did something right!!!

Anyways, back to polishes.
BL: No more Waity Katie (if you use it over a lilac base coat, because it will never be true to bottle otherwise. But then, it's stunning!), Jack the Lad and Black Knight.
OPI: Uh-oh roll down the Window, A Roll in the Hague, Deutsch you want me Baby?

And because I'm perverse like that and like China Glaze better than Essie, here are my CG picks: He's going in Circles, For Audrey, Sea Spray.

I'd buy the BL set first because it offers the most colour variety: a purple with glitter, a reach jewel green and a black with glitter. Apparently I like CG for blues and greys and OPIs for reds.

Buick: Ohhhhhh, RBL! Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

BuickMackane

BL: No more Waity Katie (if you use it over a lilac base coat, because it will never be true to bottle otherwise. But then, it's stunning!), Jack the Lad and Black Knight.
I have to try that! My NMWK doesn't receive as much love because of thee three coats for (near) opaque colour issue. I don't mind a bit of sheerness in lighter colours but for darker ones I need full opacity because I have a lot of those annoying white marks on my nails. Not that I'm complaning. It's a miracle I still have any nails after biting my nails religiously for the best part of my first 20 years on the planet
lol.gif

MRV

Quote: Quote:
I'm curious now. What is SO? More importantly, DO I NEED IT?!?!?
th_crazy.gif

The polish is Winter Hyacinth by Femme Fatale. (And SO just sold out!
winks.gif
). I dunno. Do you?

http://www.apolishaddict.com/2013/01/femme-fatale-winter-hyacinth-swatches.html#.UOwdNncsnVI

BuickMackane

I dunno. Do you?

http://www.apolishaddict.com/2013/01/femme-fatale-winter-hyacinth-swatches.html#.UOwdNncsnVI
WHOA!
jawdrop.gif

Isn't there a remote possibility it might come back? I lusted after Floam for aeons until one joyous day I received the back in stock notification and it wasn't already sold out. Wooot! I haven't had any luck with Nerd Lacquer though. Been drooling over them since forever.

Anneri

The polish is Winter Hyacinth by Femme Fatale. (And SO just sold out!
winks.gif
). I dunno. Do you?

Well, I know one thing: WAAAAAANT! This is gorgeous.

jennyap

Thanks for the welcome, I shall be checking out all your suggestions :)

Quote: Originally Posted by BuickMackane
It's a miracle I still have any nails after biting my nails religiously for the best part of my first 20 years on the planet
lol.gif

That was me too, in fact it took me until my early 30s to stop biting them for good.

BuickMackane

That was me too, in fact it took me until my early 30s to stop biting them for good.
Oh yes, it took me an extra five years or so to break the habit completely. The worst part (i.e., constantly bleeding nail beds and nails roughly the size of a grain of rice) was over when I was 20-21. Now all I can think of is "Yuck" when I see bitten nails. A bit like those reformed smokers who make it their raison d'etre to harrass those who still enjoy the crafty cig. Well, not really. I tend to keep my mouth shut but inside I'm all "ewww!".

Anneri

I don't bite, but I used to pick at my nailbeds all the time - nail polish helps, actually, because I don't do it when I do my nails regularly. I guess its similar with biting?

honey on boost

Oh yes, it took me an extra five years or so to break the habit completely. The worst part (i.e., constantly bleeding nail beds and nails roughly the size of a grain of rice) was over when I was 20-21. Now all I can think of is "Yuck" when I see bitten nails. A bit like those reformed smokers who make it their raison d'etre to harrass those who still enjoy the crafty cig. Well, not really. I tend to keep my mouth shut but inside I'm all "ewww!".
I used to bite my nails allll the time. They never got that short but I would always make my cuticles bleed too. Polishing my nails REALLY helped with it. I think it's disgusting to bite my nails now.

MRV

Well, I know one thing: WAAAAAANT! This is gorgeous.
I'm sure it can be found. It has been restocked in some shops and the brand seems to make even new versions of their polishes > multiple batches too!?

Iiik! I need Floam, too! I've seen it before. Nice!!

BuickMackane

I need Floam, too! I've seen it before. Nice!!
Since NinjaPolish took over Floam from NailVentrous it's become much easier to get hold of. They've even turned Floam into a polish line. I got my hands on my Hannukah, Girly and Candy Cane floams yesterday. I'm kinda disappointed by Hannukah floam. The holo glitter really overpowers the gorgeous matte blue glitter. I like how sparkly it is, but I was hoping for it to be more about the matte glitter because that's what makes floams special. I was going to order Pinkerbell, but I caved in and got Hannukah instead because it's LE.

T's posted swatches of ChG Tranzitions:
http://www.temptalia.com/china-glaze-tranzitions-nail-lacquers-reviews-photos-swatches

Meh. Move along, nothing to see here.