Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

My RBL haul. Super crappy pic because I don't know how to use a flippin camera. Just to give you an idea how colour inaccurate it is, the table is actually white.

Poco a Poco - Insouciant - Piu Mosso
Cuprum - Faraway - Aqua Lily (YEAH BABY!) - Abi

kimibos

i cant wait to have some money (like from a job) and get some of these!! the table looks white to me, and the polishes beautiful!
My RBL haul. Super crappy pic because I don't know how to use a flippin camera. Just to give you an idea how colour inaccurate it is, the table is actually white.

BuickMackane

i cant wait to have some money (like from a job) and get some of these!! the table looks white to me, and the polishes beautiful!
RBL used to do a 50% off sale once a year. I hauled big time in 2009 and 2010. This is the first time I bought any RBLs since. I had no such intention but then I heard Aqua Lily was coming back. That's when all common sense flew out the window. International shipping is USD18.50 for 7 bottles max. I figured if I was going to so something as irresponsible and downright stupid as paying that much for shipping, I might as well do so with a bang. Hence the magic number 7. In retrospect I should have got 3 more bottles to qualify for free shipping. Ah well.

Forget the job, get a lottery ticket instead :)

Naughtyp

I was bad today ;( me n my bf got into a. fight so I went and I ended up buying 13 nail polishes!! ;( 4 orlys ,the opi mini mariah set, zoya Wednesday , a few Sally hansens and revelons on sale... whoops!! oh well I feel better now!! ;)

Medgal07

Thanks!
th_kiss.gif
See, I didn't even think to pair Toff with Hot Chocolate. That sounds like a great combo. Are you getting any Zoyas?
Do I want any Zoyas? YES Do I deserve any Zoyas? NO Will I get any Zoyas PROBABLY...because I'm an addict!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Crappy pictures have never stopped NPAs. We see right through it. Thanks for sharing you shameless enabler...but I love ya!
th_kiss.gif

Medgal07

I went to Nordies stopped at Mac first they didn't have the lip balm I wanted so I went to the np section lol I ended up getting EL dilettante but I keep looking at my nail with lilac leather..... guess ill have to pick that one ip eventually....if its still around!! lol I have no. will power. I'm still going to check Sally's and ulta again.... there goes my gas money lol
Having gasoline and riding in a car is so overrated! Beautiful NP & nails are priority!
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

I can't believe it took me almost all day to figure out what I wanted from Zoya. I finally placed my order and got free shipping. I opted for the 8oz Remove+ instead of th 32oz so I could squeeze in two more polishes. I hope they don't take long to ship because my current bottle is practically on fumes. Here's my haul.

• Purity - I switched Snow White for Purity because reviews said it applied better.
  • Kara
  • Wednesday - I got this one since the coupon wouldn't let me get Neely.
  • Zuza - I think this will pair beautifully with Lippmann Mermaid's Dream
    eyelove.gif
  • Neeka
  • 8oz Remove+

I can tell I'm already hooked.
tong.gif

CartoonChic

Great haul! I have to ask, is the sale still current? I'm curious about Aqua Lily now.

kimibos

Orly Ingenue: duo chrome goodness its just beautiful purple and gold.i dont know why my big finger nail looks damage cause it isnt.
hmm.gif

Wet n Wild Twining Vines: wore this from wed-sun no damage at all. i always get the little white tips showing after 2 days but not with this polish. im impressed by this WnW polish.

kimibos

Quote: Originally Posted by jennyap
Today I'm wearing one of them - Max Factor Dazzling Blue. Love it - it's almost an icy blue at some angles in daylight, but it has a lovely yellow-green pearl too.

But now I have a challenge for you all!
I plan to pick up 3 polishes from one of the big NP brands. So, can you name your top 3 colours - and 3 only! - for each of OPI, Essie, and Butter London? Then when you've done that, which set of 3 would you buy first? There have been more NPs named in this thread than I dare count, so it will be interesting to see what everyone says
greengrin.gif

nice mani!!! and welcome to our polish based world i dont think i can name my 3 favorites in each brand. i went to see my BL and i cant. maybe if you tell me what family color you want i could tell you my favorites.
from essie i love turquoise and caicos, lapis of luxury, and mint candy apple. but i only have like 7 essies. ill check my orlys and opi's to see which ones i love the most. i think i know my favorite orly's already but i cant remember the names. im not a crazy fan of opi, like i buy more orly and china glaze. from CG i love for audrey, secret periwinkle and make an entrance. which is the type of pink i like. like berry pinks.

CartoonChic

Hi ladies, can I join the NP fun? I must be crazy but I just read all 44 pages of this thread over the course of today! (CartoonChic, that is some impressive hauling you've been doing. Others haven't done so bad either, but when you read it all in one day, wow!
thud.gif
)

I'm fairly new to NP as a serious thing - well to all make-up if I'm honest. Most of my money is going on stuff for my face at the moment, but I'm still managing to sneak in the odd NP here and there. For all I've never worn it regularly until recently, I have about 50 bottles I reckon! Probably 15-20 of those have been added in the last 6 months, but some are probably 15 years old
icon_eek.gif
They're almost all cheapy/drugstore brands, and I added a couple more of those to my stash at the weekend.

Today I'm wearing one of them - Max Factor Dazzling Blue. Love it - it's almost an icy blue at some angles in daylight, but it has a lovely yellow-green pearl too.

But now I have a challenge for you all!
I plan to pick up 3 polishes from one of the big NP brands. So, can you name your top 3 colours - and 3 only! - for each of OPI, Essie, and Butter London? Then when you've done that, which set of 3 would you buy first? There have been more NPs named in this thread than I dare count, so it will be interesting to see what everyone says
greengrin.gif
Welcome to the thread! That's such a pretty color. Hmm, that's a tough challenge, but I'll give it a shot.

OPI - Can't help here. I only own 2 OPI polishes from the Minnie Mouse collection.

Essie - Can't help here again. I don't own any Essie polishes... yet. But, the first three I want to get are Turquoise & Caicos, Where's My Chauffeur?, and either Tart Deco or Mango Bango

Butter London - Fishwife, Two Fingered Salute, All Hail the Queen (I know I'd list a different color for my 3rd choice if asked on a different day.)

CartoonChic

I keep forgetting to post this, so I'm doing it now while I remember. Giltcity.com is having a sell on Lippmann polish sets. New customers can get $25 off their first purchase with a referral link, and I would get $25 towards my next purchase after your order ships. It's win-win! Of course, you don't have to buy the polishes. They have a bunch of other stuff that you may be interested in, but I'm hoping to get more Lippmann polishes at a discount.

Here's what's available. The sales vary from 3 weeks to 9 months, and some sold out items seem to restock from what I've noticed. One of the sets I wanted was sold out yesterday, but it's back in stock as of right now. I saw Julep sets too, but they all seem to be currently sold out.

http://www.gilt.com/search?q.store=women&q.query=lippmann

http://www.gilt.com/search?q.store=women&q.query=julep

PM me if you'd like a referral link to get the $25 discount.

MACina

What a nice haul, Buick
heart.gif

My faves are the 3 blue ones!

I don' t have any RBL polishes
blush-anim-cl.gif

MACina

th_worship.gif
.....stunning, kimibos!

Ingenue is adorable
eyelove.gif

Orly Ingenue: duo chrome goodness its just beautiful purple and gold.i dont know why my big finger nail looks damage cause it isnt.
hmm.gif

Wet n Wild Twining Vines: wore this from wed-sun no damage at all. i always get the little white tips showing after 2 days but not with this polish. im impressed by this WnW polish.

Medgal07

th_cheerup.gif
Retail therapy is a nice mood booster. Did you get any Zoyas from the sale?

Oh no, Ms. Lady. What happened to YOLO?
lmao.gif
W-E-L-L...I just happened to get an E-mail from Estee Lauder tonight. I only ordered one nail polish (Insatiable) and their new Illuminating Powder Gelee, Tease. That's exactly what I told myself...YOLO.
lmao.gif
and then I ate my words!!!!