Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Naughtyp

Oh,really?That is good to know.I thought that you need long(er) nails for using nail wraps. But maybe I should try them then! Thank you, Naughtyp :)
no prob ;) I wish I knew how to post pics here from my phone so I could show you.... I'll try to put up one at least my Xmas ones were hella tight!

BuickMackane

Zoya ladies fixed your shopping carts yet?
pompom.gif

I popped out to get some groceries today but ended in Kruidvat instead. I got two bottles of NP from the Essence Snow Jam collection. Yay for Koopzondagen!

I think the collection has 4 NPs. The following link has swatches of 3 of them:

http://www.lovevarnish.com/2013/01/essence-snowjam-te.html

I got the periwinkle and the teal. I was going to get the other two as well, but I figured the purple wasn't all that special and the white was too sheer. I drooled a bit over the new Catrice Neons but walked out without any because they weren't the retina searing neons I hoped they would be. They are otherwise very pretty colours.
I wish there was a top coat that turned polishes into neons!
th_thdeadea.gif

kimibos

^^^ nice haul buick, i love the periwinkle one
eyelove.gif

i went to sally's today and got 6 orly polishes plus 2 orly basecoats for $17.99. i got for myself snowcone, gumdrop & ingenue. and i got 3 more for a friend.
*im at my fathers house rightnow, but i cant wait to get home and do my nails!

Corally

Zoya ladies fixed your shopping carts yet? :pompom: I popped out to get some groceries today but ended in Kruidvat instead. I got two bottles of NP from the Essence Snow Jam collection. Yay for Koopzondagen!  I think the collection has 4 NPs. The following link has swatches of 3 of them: http://www.lovevarnish.com/2013/01/essence-snowjam-te.html I got the periwinkle and the teal. I was going to get the other two as well, but I figured the purple wasn't all that special and the white was too sheer. I drooled a bit over the new Catrice Neons but walked out without any because they weren't the retina searing neons I hoped they would be. They are otherwise very pretty colours. I wish there was a top coat that turned polishes into neons! :idea:
Prettyyyy! Koopzondagen :lol:

BuickMackane

eyelove.gif

i went to sally's today and got 6 orly polishes plus 2 orly basecoats for $17.99. i got for myself snowcone, gumdrop & ingenue. and i got 3 more for a friend.
re: Orly stuff - that's a very good deal! Which base coat did you get? Armor's awesome
thmbup.gif

re: Essence - I think Ulta carries Essence in the States. I don't know if they get all the LE collections though. I really like Essence NPs. Sure, they're no OPI but they have some really nice shades and they're cheap as chips (though to be fair, they're only 8ml so the likes of China Glaze may actually turn out to be better value per ml). And the new bottles are too cute!
fluffy.gif

Naughtyp

Zoya ladies fixed your shopping carts yet? :pompom: I popped out to get some groceries today but ended in Kruidvat instead. I got two bottles of NP from the Essence Snow Jam collection. Yay for Koopzondagen!  I think the collection has 4 NPs. The following link has swatches of 3 of them: http://www.lovevarnish.com/2013/01/essence-snowjam-te.html I got the periwinkle and the teal. I was going to get the other two as well, but I figured the purple wasn't all that special and the white was too sheer. I drooled a bit over the new Catrice Neons but walked out without any because they weren't the retina searing neons I hoped they would be. They are otherwise very pretty colours. I wish there was a top coat that turned polishes into neons! :idea:
I have mine ready (zoya cart)lol I wonder if. I should add more than 3 to my cart in case some sell out? I want Rory, Zuza and I was going to get Wednesday but now I'm not sure I just got the EL one plus CG For Audry , Essie where's my chauffer? and illamasqua nomad that i have yet to use and I want Essie t&C and mint candy apple and I plan on getting the mint BL and I already have mac In the limelight and revelon minted. I think maybe I should pick a different color... I kno none of the ones I listed are really dupes and I am getting Zuza for sure ( hopefully!!) I wish there was a purple like rory and zuza... kimibos how did u get that deal lol I would only get 4 orlys for that price! that's awesome lol Buick those polishes are pretty I only have one essence it's oh my glitter. I haven't used it yet lol sigh... it's in my list lol k can't keep up with my purchases

kimibos

re: Orly stuff - that's a very good deal! Which base coat did you get? Armor's awesome
thmbup.gif

re: Essence - I think Ulta carries Essence in the States. I don't know if they get all the LE collections though. I really like Essence NPs. Sure, they're no OPI but they have some really nice shades and they're cheap as chips (though to be fair, they're only 8ml so the likes of China Glaze may actually turn out to be better value per ml). And the new bottles are too cute!
fluffy.gif
orly- i got the primetime chipping preventing one. they only had that one on sale. i really want to get some essence and maybe some catrice. i love drugstore polishes too. i have been wearing one from WnW since wednesday and no chipping. i never count value per quantity so i dont mind if they have less
hmm.gif

ill post a pic of the wnw one later its call twining vines.

MACina

Thank you, Naughtyp.That would be great!

eyelove.gif

BuickMackane

orly- i got the primetime chipping preventing one. they only had that one on sale. i really want to get some essence and maybe some catrice. i love drugstore polishes too. i have been wearing one from WnW since wednesday and no chipping. i never count value per quantity so i dont mind if they have less
hmm.gif

ill post a pic of the wnw one later its call twining vines.
Drugstore polishes really surprise me sometimes. In a good way!

My biggest disappointments, on the other hand, have been high end NPs. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for. My most recent high end NP was Dior's Waterlily. Beautiful colour and finish, but application sucks. Gloop city! I'm normally happy to deal with crap application but not when I pay HE prices.

re: Twining vines - Just googled it. Reminds me of my NfuOh 071... on speed!
cheerleader.gif

Anneri

Typical, isn't it - I've seen the Essence display all over the place and wasn't impressed by the polishes. Now Buick posted the review, I suddenly develop a lemming, and I bet you a lot that when I go out later every display will be empty. Sheesh!

Wish we had WnW over here.

MACina

Same here...I have to check out my (little) dm today!

But I not very hopeful to still get any of the polishes since they do always only get a very little stock.Mostly only 3 of each
(same with Catrice).

Typical, isn't it - I've seen the Essence display all over the place and wasn't impressed by the polishes. Now Buick posted the review, I suddenly develop a lemming, and I bet you a lot that when I go out later every display will be empty. Sheesh!

Wish we had WnW over here.

MACina

yahoo.gif
...I was lucky and got the last life is a freeride and the second to last goofy-blue!

Anneri, I hope that you can still find them too!

Anneri

I got them too.
yahoo.gif

I also got the white one, I don't own a white polish (shocking, I know!) and I thought it looked interesting with the multi-coloured glitters. And if it's rubbish, well, it was only 1,55€...

MACina

Woohoo.....so we are both lucky today
pompom.gif

Yes, the white one looked very pretty too and I was really tempted to get it but I was afraid that it might be a bit sheer.

I am mostly too impatient to do 3 or more coats to get an opaque result
blush-anim-cl.gif

I got them too.
yahoo.gif

I also got the white one, I don't own a white polish (shocking, I know!) and I thought it looked interesting with the multi-coloured glitters. And if it's rubbish, well, it was only 1,55€...

BuickMackane

MACina and Anneri, that's great news!
flower.gif

I don't think the white's going to be rubbish. I think it would look lovely on a white creme. Or on a pastel creme, for that matter.

kimibos

the zoya code is working already, i place my first order but the second one with my aunts account is giving me trouble. it takes the code but no discount. i tried different servers but im going to use my brother's computer. i really want my second order, and dont really care about the 3 one hahaha

essence, i think that im going to get some from ulta they are only 1.99 here. i would also love some catrice, misschievous is always talking about them!!

buik- i found out last night that the orly thingy is not a basecoat, its a liquid, like alcohol that i guess really cleans your nails for the base coat.

***i give up, it didnt work on my brothers computer
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
but i was able to get wednesday, jo and pippa.
pompom.gif

BuickMackane

the zoya code is working already, i place my first order but the second one with my aunts account is giving me trouble. it takes the code but no discount. i tried different servers but im going to use my brother's computer. i really want my second order, and dont really care about the 3 one hahaha

essence, i think that im going to get some from ulta they are only 1.99 here. i would also love some catrice, misschievous is always talking about them!!

buik- i found out last night that the orly thingy is not a basecoat, its a liquid, like alcohol that i guess really cleans your nails for the base coat.

***i give up, it didnt work on my brothers computer
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
but i was able to get wednesday, jo and pippa.
pompom.gif
That's weird. Did you use the same delivery address and/or credit card number in both accounts?

Anneri

kimibos, if you ever want to try Catrice, just drop me a PM girl!
[h=6][/h] [h=6](Other NPA who aren't able to get them too, of course.)[/h]

CartoonChic

I wasn't well over the weekend, so I'm catching up. I made my first makeup purchase for 2013 this morning - nail polish! I got Chanel Emprise and Accessoire from the Spring 2013 collection. I previously bought Fracas, so now I have the set. My second purchase for 2013 is still going to be nail polish because I'm figuring out my Zoya list. The website is giving me issues.

I received some polish goodies over the weekend. I got my Lippmann polishes from HSN and the Chanel Mimosa that was gifted to me from a Specktra polish fairy.
pompom.gif

Plus I'm looking forward to today's delivery of my Butter London order from Nordstrom.

My nail sticks from eBay also finally arrived after about a month of waiting. I love these things! Some of them arrived scratched and cracked, and it was weird for me to paint such large sized nails compared to my own, but they're one of the absolute best purchases I've made for my polish collection. I can easily see all of the colors I have at once and compare them. I can also put the sticks over my own nails to see what I feel like wearing, and better pick colors to pair together for accent nails. I've already swatched all of my Lippmann and NARS polishes. I only ordered one pack of sticks and 50 come in a pack, so I've used up half of the sticks with just those two brands. I'm going to swatch what I can of my Chanel polishes today with the remaining sticks. I'll order 3 more packs for the rest of my collection. 1 pack for Chanel, 1 for Butter London, and the last one for my other brands. Actually, I may get more than 3 to account for future purchases. I don't want to wait a month each time for shipping, so I'll buy in bulk.

All of my swatched nail sticks are currently unlabeled because my handwriting looks like chicken scratch. Luckily the polishes are different enough for me to know which color is which, but I have to keep them organized by brand for the time being so I'll know the difference. I plan to organize them by color once they're all labeled. I need to get a label maker now. Any recommendations?

Anneri, what seller do you use to buy your sticks from? Is it normal to receive some of them cracked and scratched because they're so cheap?

Anneri

I'm glad to read that you feel better now, CartoonChic! I'm also green with envy at your haul. I wish it would be possible to get DL polishes with reasonable prices over here. I absolutely refuse to pay the equivalent of 31$.

My nail sticks always arrived intact - sorry to hear that yours arrived damaged. I just looked into my ebay, but my usual seller doesn't have any nail stuff at the moment (only panties. What?!), but I always buy at some seller in Hongkong who has positive feedback. Don't you think that it's very relaxing to paint the sticks too? I love to organise my makeup.
Today I bought simple white stickers and put them on top of all my polishes (painted them first with the individual polish, of course) so that I can recogognise them more easily. I got the idea on this blog: http://www.coralandmauve.at/2013/01/einblicke-in-meine-kosmetikaufbewahrung.html#more (You have to scroll down a bit.)

Too funny, I bought a label printer for all of my makeup last weekend. Cafe Makeup has a post about it: http://cafemakeup.com/2012/04/08/organizing-makeup-labels/
I myslef got a Brother p-touch: http://www.amazon.de/Brother-PT7600VPZU1-P-touch-1000-Etikettendrucker/dp/B00030J17K

To my European NPAs: Where do you get your Zoyas? All my usual ebay shops don't seem to carry that particular brand?