Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

I have Full Metal Jacket and I quite like it. Good formula and the colour was really unique when I bought it several years ago (it kind of still is, albeit to a lesser extent).

Rococos are quite pricey but I'm not sure if the polishes are interesting enough to justify the price (very much unlike a certain brand that begins with D and ends with N
th_worship.gif
). Hence the absence of a Rococo army in my collection.

I also had their Gold Leaf top coat but I ran out. Now that was gorgeous. The Man With A Golden Gun can eat his little heart out!

What is it about nail polish and cats? Adina of A-england has the cutest kitty called Tristam. The lucky fuzzball even has a nail polish named after him
fluffy.gif

I'd love to get a cat but I'm worried about the fur driving me nuts. That, and the counter surfing!
The gold leaf Rococo polish is what caught my eye first. But it's nearly $50! That may be beyond my limit. But the way you talk about it makes me very, very curious...

CartoonChic

people think I named him after the singer prince lol . I think I need to get nars purple rain I kept looking at it yesterday.....
Lol, you go right back to nail polish! I have three cats right now. Each one of them is a trip.
getyou.gif
They make me feel like I'm the pet. It's funny because I got each one at different times and different places, but their fur coordinates with each other and they look like they're from the same family.

CartoonChic

I got tired of quoting . Lol. OK, so I'm gonna get my first Zoya's for free! I need to pick my three colors.

My Essie polish list is coming along, sorta. I need to scale down my list. Definitely attracted to the corals and mints. Turquoise & Caicos is a must have. I wish Beauty.com had Mint Candy Apple. I need to add Blanc to my list because of kimibos and Dominique's recommendation.

Lovely Chanel haul Medgal. I have fracas and Orange Fizz, but haven't worn them yet. What lipsticks did you get again?

I'm getting the new NARS polish for sure. I managed to track down three of the Thakoon polishes that sold out on the website. I got Koliary and Kutki from Saks, and I managed to find Lal Mirchi on eBay for retail. That's my first eBay cosmetic purchase. I want to get the remaining Thakoon polishes with Disco Inferno.

You all are making want A-England...

BuickMackane

The gold leaf Rococo polish is what caught my eye first. But it's nearly $50! That may be beyond my limit. But the way you talk about it makes me very, very curious...
It was expensive when I bought it but I'd forgotten precisely how expensive it was. I must have been mad! Or maybe it was cheaper back then. I know it was expensive, but perhaps not as much. I honestly can't remember.

What I like(d) about Rococo Gold Leaf is that it looks like the real thing. Man With A Golden Gun is all very nice, but it lacks that authentic feeling the Rococo one has. I think the Rococo has a stronger orange tone to it and its flakes are more irregular. It's a pain to apply though - Many times I ended up having to poke the flakes with a toothpick to make the flakes go where I wanted them to go. Then again, I often do that with MWAGG too.

It's an intriguing polish and I think it has a certain something that the other gold leaf TCs don't. Whether that something justifies the price tag, I'm not sure. It was unique when I got it, so that's my excuse
lol.gif

CartoonChic

It was expensive when I bought it but I'd forgotten precisely how expensive it was. I must have been mad! Or maybe it was cheaper back then. I know it was expensive, but perhaps not as much. I honestly can't remember.

What I like(d) about Rococo Gold Leaf is that it looks like the real thing. Man With A Golden Gun is all very nice, but it lacks that authentic feeling the Rococo one has. I think the Rococo has a stronger orange tone to it and its flakes are more irregular. It's a pain to apply though - Many times I ended up having to poke the flakes with a toothpick to make the flakes go where I wanted them to go. Then again, I often do that with MWAGG too.

It's an intriguing polish and I think it has a certain something that the other gold leaf TCs don't. Whether that something justifies the price tag, I'm not sure. It was unique when I got it, so that's my excuse
lol.gif
Lol, that'll probably be my excuse too. I'll see if I can get it cheaper with a promo code. It'll be something on my list to get later. Right now $50 = 6 Essie polishes.

kimibos

Good move. I just noticed it says "Limit 1 promotional order per account" under Terms and Conditions.

So what are you getting? Wednesday, Zuza, Neely, Bevin, Caitlin. You need one more. Well, at least one more, depending on how many accounts you have
devil.gif
and storm. i feel like opening an account for my brother too hahaha ohh jo looks like a cute periwinkle too

Medgal07

Coral. purple and mint are the same colors I keep gravitating towards. I'm still getting my list together. I don't want to mess this up. Lol.

Lol, you go right back to nail polish! I have three cats right now. Each one of them is a trip.
getyou.gif
They make me feel like I'm the pet. It's funny because I got each one at different times and different places, but their fur coordinates with each other and they look like they're from the same family.
Your cats sound like some of your makeup and nail polish
lmao.gif

Corally

Coral. purple and mint are the same colors I keep gravitating towards. I'm still getting my list together. I don't want to mess this up. Lol. Lol, you go right back to nail polish! I have three cats right now. Each one of them is a trip. :getyou:   They make me feel like I'm the pet. It's funny because I got each one at different times and different places, but their fur coordinates with each other and they look like they're from the same family.
Your cats sound like some of your makeup and nail polish    :lmao:
It does hahaha :lmao:

Naughtyp

Coral. purple and mint are the same colors I keep gravitating towards. I'm still getting my list together. I don't want to mess this up. Lol. Lol, you go right back to nail polish! I have three cats right now. Each one of them is a trip. :getyou:   They make me feel like I'm the pet. It's funny because I got each one at different times and different places, but their fur coordinates with each other and they look like they're from the same family.
aww cute! what color is their fur lol I want so many np it's not even funny! I already have so muh but it doesn't seem like it's that much u kno? I am stuck at work and am dying to go make a purchase somewhere lol

kimibos

orlysally.jpg

SALLYS BEAUTY SUPPLY:for the entire month of January, all Orly products are BOGOFREE at Sally Beauty
in stores and online. Source::: Nouveau Cheap

* we are never going to be sales free.
whistle.gif

CartoonChic

I want so many np it's not even funny! I already have so muh but it doesn't seem like it's that much u kno? I am stuck at work and am dying to go make a purchase somewhere lol
Tan, white, black and grey. Not sure if I can herd them together for a family photo.

kimibos

im going to sallys tomorrow to get some acetone so im going to get some Orlys and see what deals they have!

Naughtyp

dang they didn't have anything!! ;( I did switch the la vida loca they had and it is very different from the one I Tested at ulta the one from Sally's was bright pink and the one at ulta was more purpley so I'm going to get the one at ulta. I did pick up a yellow shimmer loreal polish at target for $1.50 lol just to see if I like yellow np in me before I go and order the zoya and /or BL one. I hate being broke ;(

Latest posts