Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

I really like the Misa, but them more adequate for a holiday LE? Not the colours I want right now. I definitely want the mini set of the OPI's, still waiting to see a good deal on them.

Medgal07

I'm glad to read that you feel better now, CartoonChic! I'm also green with envy at your haul. I wish it would be possible to get DL polishes with reasonable prices over here. I absolutely refuse to pay the equivalent of 31$.

My nail sticks always arrived intact - sorry to hear that yours arrived damaged. I just looked into my ebay, but my usual seller doesn't have any nail stuff at the moment (only panties. What?!), but I always buy at some seller in Hongkong who has positive feedback. Don't you think that it's very relaxing to paint the sticks too? I love to organise my makeup.
Today I bought simple white stickers and put them on top of all my polishes (painted them first with the individual polish, of course) so that I can recogognise them more easily. I got the idea on this blog: http://www.coralandmauve.at/2013/01/einblicke-in-meine-kosmetikaufbewahrung.html#more (You have to scroll down a bit.)

Too funny, I bought a label printer for all of my makeup last weekend. Cafe Makeup has a post about it: http://cafemakeup.com/2012/04/08/organizing-makeup-labels/
I myslef got a Brother p-touch: http://www.amazon.de/Brother-PT7600VPZU1-P-touch-1000-Etikettendrucker/dp/B00030J17K

To my European NPAs: Where do you get your Zoyas? All my usual ebay shops don't seem to carry that particular brand?
Way to go! I have a handheld Dymo labeler, and I label all of my makeup as soon as I get it...even lipsticks. I don't label my NP because it's on wall racks and easily visible. Were it not, I would do exactly what you're doing! GREAT IDEA.

BuickMackane

Andddd I'm safe! lol I can safely pass on all of these.
I'm not enamoured by them either.

I might get one from ChG just for the novelty value (but probably won't), the purple and blue OPIs are very nice but the gritty finish will probably drive me nuts, Jessica's Alexis and Amira are very pretty but I don't think I'm prepared to pay full price for them so I'll watch out for some sales, and the only one from Misa that I might consider is Well-Heeled Grey because it looks like a cooler toned paradoxal. The blackened shimmers are OK too but I don't wear the blackened shimmers in my collection very often so there's no point.

Medgal07

Oh yes, it took me an extra five years or so to break the habit completely. The worst part (i.e., constantly bleeding nail beds and nails roughly the size of a grain of rice) was over when I was 20-21. Now all I can think of is "Yuck" when I see bitten nails. A bit like those reformed smokers who make it their raison d'etre to harrass those who still enjoy the crafty cig. Well, not really. I tend to keep my mouth shut but inside I'm all "ewww!".
So glad you ladies stopped biting your nails! Tons of NP and well groomed nails at any length is so much more fun
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

CC, you insisted that I get Schiap lipstick and I saw the nail polish and----well, you know the rest---enabler!
tong.gif
Yep, I bought Fracas np first thing. I hoard all Chanel Pink, Fuchsia, Pink Fuchsia, Fuchsia Pink, Red Pink, Pink Red, Pink Coral, Coral Pink np....ahhhh you get the point
lol.gif

So I tried to find Schiap lipstick & cannot find it anywhere. Do they still make it?

CartoonChic

I placed my A England order.

Dragon
Saint George
She Walks in Beauty
Y Trio - Princess Tears, Elaine, Ophelia

I really shouldn't have made the order. I mean I really shouldn't have. But it's a chance to try some very pretty polishes at a great discount. I couldn't resist. I wanted to get more colors, like Guinevere, but it'll have to wait.

Yay for my first indie polish haul.
cheerleader.gif

kimibos

Yep, I bought Fracas np first thing. I hoard all Chanel Pink, Fuchsia, Pink Fuchsia, Fuchsia Pink, Red Pink, Pink Red, Pink Coral, Coral Pink np....ahhhh you get the point
lol.gif

So I tried to find Schiap lipstick & cannot find it anywhere. Do they still make it?
i got it at the nars website and i think beauty. com has it nevermind its gone from both sites. that's weird.

CartoonChic

i got it at the nars website and i think beauty. com has it nevermind its gone from both sites. that's weird.
That's very weird. It's sold out on Sephora's website too, but I think you can still find it at Sephora stores. I'd be really surprised if it's being discontinued.

Medgal07

lol.gif

lmao.gif
about the " I hoard all Chanel Pink, Fuchsia, Pink Fuchsia, Fuchsia Pink, Red Pink, Pink Red, Pink Coral, Coral Pink np....ahhhh you get the point
lmao.gif

You know they must have discontinued the Schiap lipstick! I think I got mine off the NARS web site sometime over the summer??? Now, when you search Schiap on the web site the NP shows but not the lippie.
thmbdn.gif

kimibos

Dragon
Saint George
She Walks in Beauty

I really shouldn't have made the order. I mean I really shouldn't have. But it's a chance to try some very pretty polishes at a great discount. I couldn't resist. I wanted to get more colors, like Guinevere, but it'll have to wait.
cheerleader.gif
im gonna have to wait for their next sale. cause i dont even have a dollar, but i cant wait for my zoya ones.

Anneri

I placed my A England order. Dragon Saint George She Walks in Beauty Y Trio - Princess Tears, Elaine, Ophelia I really shouldn't have made the order. I mean I really shouldn't have. But it's a chance to try some very pretty polishes at a great discount. I couldn't resist. I wanted to get more colors, like Guinevere, but it'll have to wait. Yay for my first indie polish haul. :cheer:
Yay indeed! Princess Tears was my first polish I got from them. You'll love it (and its brothers and sisters), I'm sure!

kimibos

That's very weird. It's sold out on Sephora's website too, but I think you can still find it at Sephora stores. I'd be really surprised if it's being discontinued.
maybe a nordstrom counter has it too. that lippie is quite popular why would they take it away.

Medgal07

lol.gif

Elegant I just checked...Schiap lipstick is on the Nordstrom web site. Go for it!!
th_happy1.gif

Medgal07

Dragon
Saint George
She Walks in Beauty

cheerleader.gif
sweet.png
Love your selections! Uhm...were you just lecturing moi about YOLO???

Latest posts