Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm exhausted. Been up since 7 am not having slept much the night before and generally having been running around for a week or so. Hoping to have some time to myself in the coming week. Hope you've all had a nice day.

Anitacska

Ah well, that's better, I had a nice lazy morning. Still have a few things to do today including picking my Mum up from Gatwick at 6, but not going to overdo it for sure. She'll just have to put up with a slightly grimy bathroom, hahaha!

I have a couple of manis I haven't posted yet, first one is EdM Sample 332 with Illyrian Moon Dust on top on the accents. The Illyrian was extremely sheer and not that special at all, first time I've tried them, hope the others are better. I really need to wear Mad World after all the drama with MMB (still haven't heard about when they can ship).

View attachment 57991 20161223_134020.jpg

My Christmas mani is EP Holiday 2014 with some stamping and China Glaze neon polish dots for the lights. Love the EP, it's so gorgeous. I didn't get Wicked, because it looked a lot like this, but maybe I'll buy it if she makes is available again at some point. Love the sheen on this and it's crazy holo (although not had much sun here lately).

View attachment 57993 View attachment 57994 20161225_095849.jpg View attachment 57996

There's a Tonic launch at C4N today and the Polish Con polishes will be available as well as the Holiday ones, I'd love to get them, but it's at 7 and I might not be able to get to the computer as I'll have just come back with my Mum from the airport. Oh well, I'll see if they're still available when I can, if not, then they're not meant to be. I should really be on a no buy until the 14th January anyway.

MRV

Hey girls! How are you all doing? I hope you've had a lovely Holiday. :xmas::xmas::xmas: I've just spent three days doing absolutely nothing so that my muscles started to ache.

I've been mia for such a long time - managing the renovations at work and an extra hobby have kept me sooo busy and tired! I don't expect changes any time soon as only half of the renovations are done and I start a new project on the course I've been at.

Regardless, I have ordered FFs and EPs during the past six months. And done some manis. My regular schedule has been disturbed so I have mostly done only two manis per week instead of normal three. I should so get a Dior Apricot Creme - my cuticles are so bad. I do not even remember when I finished up the last one. I've been eyeing also some new plates, and I should get one of those transparent stampers. Which one was the best?

Anitacska

Thank you! My favourite was definitely the KBShimmer, which is now my favourite polish, and I plan to wear it again soon as the crack in my nail broke through it prematurely.

Chelsea, I second what Anita said...

I have taken a real shine to Tonic's Dragon Tears; do you have that one?

It must be the weather that's killing our nails, mine have been so good for so long, but both thumbs now have repairs to low side cracks, and yours sound even worse.

No, I don't have Dragon Tears, but I'm considering ordering it. I panic bought the two Polish Con ones from C4N last night and a couple of other ones (incidentally managed to buy Light of Lyra twice, argh!) as I could only get online at 7.30 and I was afraid they'd sell out. Of course only a bit later she announced a pre-order for the exclusive duo and the holiday polishes, but the pre-order ends tomorrow and she's not sure if they'll restock. Now do I order them and a few other polishes to justify shipping or do I skip and hope they'll be restocked? I'm not that badly off financially, but it would be better if I wasn't buying anything before mid-January.

Edited to add: I've found the perfect solution. The duo ships for $4.50 and you get 10% off with CSant10, so all in all I only have to pay $1.70 shipping. This way I don't have to order the holiday polishes to justify shipping. Yay! (I will buy them eventually, but not right now.)

Thanks for the EP link, it looks really nice.
What a haul!!! Some stunners there for sure, and loads of extra goodies is always nice! What a shame about your DD, that's the only problem with third party shipping, hard to know who's at fault when there's an issue. At least it's replaceable.
I ordered a couple of DDs on Black Friday, so not planning another order so soon, but thanks for the offer.
I wish I had a nail buddy who'd offload gorgeous goodies on me for cheap!!! Love those two as well...

Yeah, I guess that's useful, it's just driving me mad now that she's constantly complaining about having too many polishes, destashing and then buying more only to destash again. As you know, I'm definitely a horder and not happy to sell any of my polishes, even the ones I have multiple dupes for.

Ooh, I've seen pictures of EP Holiday 2016 and it's purple! Yay! December is orangey red and shimmer, so no regrets there.

Some really pretty manis there, the Nails Inc is such a lovely blue - not one I have, but I wish I did! And I adore the stripes, really cute and Xmassy. I can't tell it's messed up at all.

Thank you!

Happy Holidays my dear fellow npas! Hope you'll have some wonderful days!

Same to you Anneri! Hope you're having a nice time in Germany and enjoying your goodies!

Hey girls! How are you all doing? I hope you've had a lovely Holiday. :xmas::xmas::xmas: I've just spent three days doing absolutely nothing so that my muscles started to ache.

I've been mia for such a long time - managing the renovations at work and an extra hobby have kept me sooo busy and tired! I don't expect changes any time soon as only half of the renovations are done and I start a new project on the course I've been at.

Regardless, I have ordered FFs and EPs during the past six months. And done some manis. My regular schedule has been disturbed so I have mostly done only two manis per week instead of normal three. I should so get a Dior Apricot Creme - my cuticles are so bad. I do not even remember when I finished up the last one. I've been eyeing also some new plates, and I should get one of those transparent stampers. Which one was the best?

Hi MRV! Nice to see you! Ooh what's the extra hobby?

I wish I could have 3 days when I get to do absolutely nothing!

I have the Fab Ur Nails transparent squishy stamper and it's quite good.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Ah well, that's better, I had a nice lazy morning. Still have a few things to do today including picking my Mum up from Gatwick at 6, but not going to overdo it for sure. She'll just have to put up with a slightly grimy bathroom, hahaha!

I have a couple of manis I haven't posted yet, first one is EdM Sample 332 with Illyrian Moon Dust on top on the accents. The Illyrian was extremely sheer and not that special at all, first time I've tried them, hope the others are better. I really need to wear Mad World after all the drama with MMB (still haven't heard about when they can ship).

View attachment 57991 View attachment 57992

My Christmas mani is EP Holiday 2014 with some stamping and China Glaze neon polish dots for the lights. Love the EP, it's so gorgeous. I didn't get Wicked, because it looked a lot like this, but maybe I'll buy it if she makes is available again at some point. Love the sheen on this and it's crazy holo (although not had much sun here lately).

View attachment 57993 View attachment 57994 View attachment 57995 View attachment 57996

There's a Tonic launch at C4N today and the Polish Con polishes will be available as well as the Holiday ones, I'd love to get them, but it's at 7 and I might not be able to get to the computer as I'll have just come back with my Mum from the airport. Oh well, I'll see if they're still available when I can, if not, then they're not meant to be. I should really be on a no buy until the 14th January anyway.

Hope you all had a fantastic Xmas!!!
Sorry to hear Illyrian wasn't what you hoped for - I've worn one of mine and the quality etc was good, hopefully you just tried a rogue one.
Two gorgeous manis there - I love the EP, I did like it in the bottle and I'm looking forward to wearing it (one day...)

PearlyQueen

So this was my Xmas mani:
110 in the shade 1.JPG 110 in the shade 2.JPG 110 in the shade 3.JPG

My first ever attempt at using a vinyl (second if you count the one I've painted over...!!!)
The dark is 110 In The Shade (Liquid Sky Lacquer) and the silver is My Sister's Shoes (Pahlish).
Worked out quite nicely at the second go!!!
110 in the shade (how Xmassy is that name....) is a bit of an odd one - in the bottle there's loads of the glitter and it looks like it will read dark purple and sparkly, but it's meant to be a black with glitters and that's how it reads on the nails. The glitters show, but not really noticeably unless you're close up, when they look really pretty and mostly red. I bought two of this collection - there are five in total, and I had thought I might get more when I saw the bottles, but it's such a black look I don't think I need the others.

Anneri

I need to rant: My EP order shipped on the 11th, and I was so happy about that! Last time, the package arrived about one week after it was shipped. I was hoping to do a christmas mani with the opals, and also of course take them back with me to Shanghai. So, of course, they didn't show up before christmas, and on Monday I decided to finally have a look at the tracking history. My freaking package was travelling all over the US for THREE weeks and is currently in Chicago. So I rather doubt it'll be here tomorrow when I'm leaving for China again. Thanks for nothing, USPS. That's a freaking discgrace. ARGH!

Anitacska

I need to rant: My EP order shipped on the 11th, and I was so happy about that! Last time, the package arrived about one week after it was shipped. I was hoping to do a christmas mani with the opals, and also of course take them back with me to Shanghai. So, of course, they didn't show up before christmas, and on Monday I decided to finally have a look at the tracking history. My freaking package was travelling all over the US for THREE weeks and is currently in Chicago. So I rather doubt it'll be here tomorrow when I'm leaving for China again. Thanks for nothing, USPS. That's a freaking discgrace. ARGH!

Oh no, that's terrible! So annoying when you're waiting for something and they decide to send it on a world tour instead of sending it to you. My ex ordered some band T-shirts for my daughter from a US online store on Black Friday and the package has been sitting in a DHL warehouse in Germany for the last couple of weeks now. They were part of her Christmas presents and she's really disappointed. (Of course I could've let him use my US postbox, but I didn't know they had ordered until after and also I'd rather not let on that I have one, he has financed my np addiction for years and doesn't need to know about it, hahaha!)

Hope you've had a nice time despite this and hope you have a safe journey back to China! When will you next go to Germany?

Last edited:

Anitacska

Hope you all had a fantastic Xmas!!!
Sorry to hear Illyrian wasn't what you hoped for - I've worn one of mine and the quality etc was good, hopefully you just tried a rogue one.
Two gorgeous manis there - I love the EP, I did like it in the bottle and I'm looking forward to wearing it (one day...)

Thank you! The Illyrian was alright, just quite sheer and not that amazing. I'm sure the others will be better. This didn't even appeal to me that much in the bottle, I ordered it on a whim and I guess it's just one of those polishes that look better in swatches than irl.

Pretty and girly - nice! I don't have this...

Thank you. It was one of the fairly LE polishes she sold during a sample/oops sale I think.

So this was my Xmas mani:
View attachment 58001 View attachment 58002 View attachment 58003

My first ever attempt at using a vinyl (second if you count the one I've painted over...!!!)
The dark is 110 In The Shade (Liquid Sky Lacquer) and the silver is My Sister's Shoes (Pahlish).
Worked out quite nicely at the second go!!!
110 in the shade (how Xmassy is that name....) is a bit of an odd one - in the bottle there's loads of the glitter and it looks like it will read dark purple and sparkly, but it's meant to be a black with glitters and that's how it reads on the nails. The glitters show, but not really noticeably unless you're close up, when they look really pretty and mostly red. I bought two of this collection - there are five in total, and I had thought I might get more when I saw the bottles, but it's such a black look I don't think I need the others.

Ooh get you! Well done, that looks great! I much prefer stamping nowadays, I've always found vinyls hard to use, so this is a great first try! The LSL is pretty, but I guess if they're all practically black, then two's enough. I haven't actually heard of this collection.

My Mum's doing her usual sitting behind me while I'm at the computer, argh! She's leaving tomorrow morning, so I'm trying to not get too annoyed, but it's hard because she keeps doing this even though I've asked her already to sit elsewhere. Ugh.

MRV

Hi MRV! Nice to see you! Ooh what's the extra hobby?

I wish I could have 3 days when I get to do absolutely nothing!

I have the Fab Ur Nails transparent squishy stamper and it's quite good.

Nice to see you, too! I'm back upholstering again. I bought two 50's armchairs and I've been working with the first one. It's not finished yet but I have to start with the second one as it takes a lot of time.

Thanks for the tip. I actually ordered some plates from Moyou so I got their transparent stamper. Let's see how it works.

I received today my EP order - Prism of Darkness and Holiday 2016 (pretty color!), just for the NY. Nice! On the other hand, I've been :storm:because those Shipito morons have apparently lost yet a second Mac package in my short forwarding career! And it was my Mariahs! Fortunately I just had a bit of luck as I spotted the collection on the local site and was able to snag three items before they sold out, they literally were the last ones!

Anitacska

Nice to see you, too! I'm back upholstering again. I bought two 50's armchairs and I've been working with the first one. It's not finished yet but I have to start with the second one as it takes a lot of time.

Thanks for the tip. I actually ordered some plates from Moyou so I got their transparent stamper. Let's see how it works.

I received today my EP order - Prism of Darkness and Holiday 2016 (pretty color!), just for the NY. Nice! On the other hand, I've been :storm:because those Shipito morons have apparently lost yet a second Mac package in my short forwarding career! And it was my Mariahs! Fortunately I just had a bit of luck as I spotted the collection on the local site and was able to snag three items before they sold out, they literally were the last ones!

Oh no, sorry to hear about your missing package. :( I hate it when things go missing, especially very limited, HTF stuff. Glad you managed to replace some of it though.

My EP package is at Stackry, can't wait to receive them as they both look very pretty.

Anitacska

Happy New Year Ladies!

My New Year's Eve mani using Lilypad Lacquer Bewitched as the base:

View attachment 58016 View attachment 58017

My previous mani was Emily de Molly Reflection and Serenity:

20161229_111613.jpg

I'm quite annoyed with Diff Dim again, I bought a couple of group exclusive polishes (Fantasmic Flakies) and I've just noticed that one of them is almost half empty. I've never used it, so I assume it came like this, and I've only had it for a couple of months, so very much doubt it's evaporated that much. I'll contact her, will be interested to see what she says.

I've finally managed to put away my Stackry stuff after over a week and my drawers are seriously full. I ended up chucking out 4 (!) polishes (Bells Kandi thermal polishes, pretty awful formulas and have used them all once already anyway, so won't get around to using them again, nor do I want to). That was my destashing, lol. I'm now up to 4500, seriously need to stop buying, but I can't. :(

MRV

:marchmellow:Happy New Year! 2017 is already here. We've had a record warm day (we had almost +8 C) and I just watched the big fireworks. We will have a lot of celebrations this year as Finland celebrates it's 100 years of independence and there many personal specials days, too.

Anitacska

:marchmellow:Happy New Year! 2017 is already here. We've had a record warm day (we had almost +8 C) and I just watched the big fireworks. We will have a lot of celebrations this year as Finland celebrates it's 100 years of independence and there many personal specials days, too.

Happy new year! We still have 35 minutes. I'm watching films with the children, we're currently onto the second one: Alice Through The Looking Glass.

Anneri

Happy new year to you all! I already learned something in 2017 :whistle:! Jetlag, a cold from hell and a hangover combined doesn't feel that good. Amazing, right?!

My NYE's mani was boring as hell, and I've still to put away all my purchases that I of course didn't smuggle into the country (I swear, one of my suitcases was solely dedicated to drugstore and beauty and np supplies!) that are thrown all over every surface in my office...

Also: cold. I don't understand a country for that central heating (or proper insulation) is a utterly foreign subject. Even if it's not much below 12 degrees outside, it gets bloody cold inside, dimwits! Argh. Okay, ranting over for today, looking forward to coming back to Europe in 60 days!!!

Love your NYE's mani, Anitacska. Did you stamp the fireworks?

Anitacska

Happy new year to you all! I already learned something in 2017 :whistle:! Jetlag, a cold from hell and a hangover combined doesn't feel that good. Amazing, right?!

My NYE's mani was boring as hell, and I've still to put away all my purchases that I of course didn't smuggle into the country (I swear, one of my suitcases was solely dedicated to drugstore and beauty and np supplies!) that are thrown all over every surface in my office...

Also: cold. I don't understand a country for that central heating (or proper insulation) is a utterly foreign subject. Even if it's not much below 12 degrees outside, it gets bloody cold inside, dimwits! Argh. Okay, ranting over for today, looking forward to coming back to Europe in 60 days!!!

Love your NYE's mani, Anitacska. Did you stamp the fireworks?

Oh dear. But if you have a hangover, then I guess you had a good night? ;) We just watched a couple of films, then the fireworks at midnight, sent the children to bed at 1, and slept until 10. :)

I sympathise about the cold, the UK isn't geared up for cold or hot weather. Our house gets very cold in the winter unless it's sunny and very hot in the summer if it's sunny. We have big southwest facing windows and the walls are thin, so in the summer the house is pretty much the same temperature as outside (which is okay in 20-25 degrees). In the winter the thin walls let cold air through (especially when it's windy), although the big windows come in handy if it's nice and sunny. Luckily most of the times the temperature is somewhere between 10 and 25 degrees here.

Thank you. Yes, I did stamp both the fireworks and the Happy New Year writing and cocktail glass. I got a really cute plate with different fireworks images from Bundle Monster last year and the writing and glass were from UberChic plate 6-01. I used 3 stamping polishes for the fireworks (silver, gold and blurple) and mixed them up on the plate.