Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

The Glam group does sound like a good idea, maybe I'll think about it! And if H&C still have the Glam next time, I'll probably grab it, thanks!
I like Ever After, must check out that quad...
Love your manis - especially the Glam, it's stunning. I have it, it was one of the ones Stackry held hostage for so long, but I guess they could have kept it a fair bit longer since I haven't actually worn it!!!
My nails have been awful recently, no sooner had I sacrificed the thumb nail yesterday than I found a big split in my pinkie today - grrrrr!
It's right at the free edge, but I've just left it alone - I'll see if I can ignore it a bit longer before I chop or repair it.
I wonder if it's this cold weather - maybe they're frozen!

Thank you. Yes, that Glam was one of my Stackry hostages too, hahaha!
Oh no, sorry about another broken nail! Fingers crossed, mine - other than that side split - have been okayish lately.
Today's mani is Makeup Academy Mermaid:
View attachment 58371

It looks a bit better IRL, I was a bit shocked by the VNL in the pics I took, but it's not as good coverage as the other MUAs I've worn. I was so impressed by the first lot at £1 a bottle, but this one is much less impressive. I haven't liked their range for ages, they've gone a bit "sub Essie" with their pastel cremes.

It looks nice, pretty colour. I think I have 2 MUA polishes, both magnetic, and neither have been used.

Had a fright this morning with DHL. My Stackry package arrived at Heathrow early Saturday morning and the last update said "customs status updated" at 8.30 am on Saturday. This morning it wasn't out for delivery, so I phoned them and they said they didn't have a clue where the package was! Eeek! The guy took the details down (I was shitting myself having to tell him there were 44 bottles in the package, I only declared $18.50!). He said they'd call back by 3 o'clock and tell me if they'd found it. I was so worried, but luckily the DHL delivery guy turned up at around 12.15! Evidently they didn't think scanning the package was necessary, but at least it was out for delivery and they didn't lose it. Phew!
Unfortunately I can't upload pictures, don't know what's happening with Specktra. Will try later. I also received my little Girly Bits package, but my C4N and MMB stuff are still in transit.

Anitacska

I've figured out that if I resize my pictures, I can post them, which is a bit tedious, but never mind. Here's the Stackry package I received yesterday.

20170130_124414res25.jpg

Also received my small Girly Bits order.

20170130_130848res25.jpg

Really hoping my two US packages show up today. Getting a bit nervous about my MMB stuff now, the tracking hasn't updated for a week.

I've just finished my mani, will post some pictures later now I've figured out how.

Anitacska

My MMB hostages are home, thank God! The Ever After is prettier than I remembered, so glad it's survived. I now have 2 Mad Worlds as I thought it was going to be super limited, but I'll keep them for now, such a pretty colour.

20170131_114634res25.jpg

My C4N package is still not here despite arriving at Heathrow 4 days ago! I could've walked to Heathrow and back numerous times by now, it's only a few miles away! Argh!

My current mani is CbL If You Dare and Emily de Molly Stockpile with homemade decals and stamping. Not too pleased with the stamping especially as the image was too small for my thumb, but overall it's not too bad and that CbL is just stunning! Sadly no sun today. :(

20170131_102129.jpg 20170131_102239.jpg

PearlyQueen

Thank you. Yes, that Glam was one of my Stackry hostages too, hahaha!
Oh no, sorry about another broken nail! Fingers crossed, mine - other than that side split - have been okayish lately.

It looks nice, pretty colour. I think I have 2 MUA polishes, both magnetic, and neither have been used.

Had a fright this morning with DHL. My Stackry package arrived at Heathrow early Saturday morning and the last update said "customs status updated" at 8.30 am on Saturday. This morning it wasn't out for delivery, so I phoned them and they said they didn't have a clue where the package was! Eeek! The guy took the details down (I was shitting myself having to tell him there were 44 bottles in the package, I only declared $18.50!). He said they'd call back by 3 o'clock and tell me if they'd found it. I was so worried, but luckily the DHL delivery guy turned up at around 12.15! Evidently they didn't think scanning the package was necessary, but at least it was out for delivery and they didn't lose it. Phew!
Unfortunately I can't upload pictures, don't know what's happening with Specktra. Will try later. I also received my little Girly Bits package, but my C4N and MMB stuff are still in transit.

Well, ignoring the pinkie split is still working...! And I haven't noticed any others yet, so fingers crossed...
I did sign hubby up as a member of both Glam groups because I fell in love with The Boy Who Lived and had to have it (and a few others of course!). I don't want to take advantage and join everything in sight under his name, but he was OK with that.
Eek, how scary with your DHL stuff, glad it arrived OK!

PearlyQueen

I've figured out that if I resize my pictures, I can post them, which is a bit tedious, but never mind. Here's the Stackry package I received yesterday.

View attachment 58381

Also received my small Girly Bits order.

View attachment 58382

Really hoping my two US packages show up today. Getting a bit nervous about my MMB stuff now, the tracking hasn't updated for a week.

I've just finished my mani, will post some pictures later now I've figured out how.

Fantastic haul! The Tonics really stand out as special though, I fear a new obsession may be on me when mine arrives. I'm skipping the EA/Tonic quad, not really tempting me.

PearlyQueen

My MMB hostages are home, thank God! The Ever After is prettier than I remembered, so glad it's survived. I now have 2 Mad Worlds as I thought it was going to be super limited, but I'll keep them for now, such a pretty colour.

View attachment 58387

My C4N package is still not here despite arriving at Heathrow 4 days ago! I could've walked to Heathrow and back numerous times by now, it's only a few miles away! Argh!

My current mani is CbL If You Dare and Emily de Molly Stockpile with homemade decals and stamping. Not too pleased with the stamping especially as the image was too small for my thumb, but overall it's not too bad and that CbL is just stunning! Sadly no sun today. :(

View attachment 58388 View attachment 58389

At last!!! These are really pretty.
I love your mani, especially the CbL (do I have it??? can't remember! Just checked ss, I do have it, lovely!!!)

Anitacska

Well, ignoring the pinkie split is still working...! And I haven't noticed any others yet, so fingers crossed...
I did sign hubby up as a member of both Glam groups because I fell in love with The Boy Who Lived and had to have it (and a few others of course!). I don't want to take advantage and join everything in sight under his name, but he was OK with that.
Eek, how scary with your DHL stuff, glad it arrived OK!

That's good! Well, I've just broken 2 nails while cleaning my bathroom! Luckily just the tips and the thumb side break is still holding up.

Lol, I had to go and have a look at your hubby's profile. ;) Your cats are so cute!
Fantastic haul! The Tonics really stand out as special though, I fear a new obsession may be on me when mine arrives. I'm skipping the EA/Tonic quad, not really tempting me.

I've ordered the EA/Tonic quad, but I was more tempted by the EAs to be fair. I'm sure the Tonics will be lovely too.
I'm going to paint my nails with a Tonic tonight! (Mermaid Scales from the C4N duo.) Will post pictures tomorrow. I have a couple of other manis I haven't posted yet.
At last!!! These are really pretty.
I love your mani, especially the CbL (do I have it??? can't remember! Just checked ss, I do have it, lovely!!!)

Thank you. I say I'm not that keen on CbL nowadays, but every so often I pull out a polish that I really love. I only put one CbL on my must wear list, Giant Giraffes, but there are plenty I haven't worn and I know I will love.

I have decided though to try and only buy polishes that really make me go ooh-aah, so that's why I sat out the Glam launch. I do like The Boy Who Lived, but didn't want to pay $6 shipping and even that isn't a must have for me right now. I have bought a lot of polish over the last few days though, the EA/Tonic quad, 4 Fair Maidens (the trio and the red Holo-maniacs polish), ordered 3 HHC polishes and also the For The Love of Polish box (that Pahlish!!!), and a few others. So now I need to sit it out until the 14th, hopefully there won't be any new EPs to tempt me.

I was going to order 3 Femme Fatale exclusives from Polish Molish (used to be Dope Nails), but even as part of a group buy, the shipping is very pricey and so are the polishes, with Paypal fees and bad exchange rate, I would've ended paying nearly £44 for 3 polishes, so I passed. They are pretty, but never mind, there are others. I did order 12 polishes from Femme Fatale (basically everything new incl. the 2 C4N ones).

Anitacska

Right then, time to see if Specktra have fixed the picture uploading issue...

20170201_133015.jpg

This is Crapemyrtle, one of the Beautometry exclusives. Very pretty. But this again cost me quite a bit, even as part of a group buy as they charge $40 shipping (no free international shipping) and don't mark the value down, so also had to pay £2.40 customs. But it was either that or US shipping and consolidation fee. I wish Femme Fatale would stop with all these bloody store exclusives.

20170202_125746.jpg

Speaking of exclusives, these are the C4N exclusive Tonics. They took 6 days to arrive from Heathrow! I live 20 minutes from bloody Heathrow! Ridiculous. They are gorgeous, especially Mermaid Scales.

Right, I'm off to resize my pictures as it seems you can't upload anything over 1 MB. Will be back with mani pictures soon.

Anitacska

Right, hopefully this will work now. First mani is China Glaze Some Like It Haute (2011 untried, on the accents) with Bear Pawlish Suck It Trebeck and fake watermarble holo decals made with 7 Color Club Halo Hues.

20170202_102006.jpg 20170202_102140.jpg 20170202_102210.jpg 20170203_105519.jpg

Next mani is Glam Polish Tangled with more decals. I made those with 3 of the Fair Maiden Brights I got in the Black Friday sale.

20170204_122125.jpg 20170204_122358.jpg 20170204_130057.jpg

And drumroll.... Tonic Mermaid Scales with Lilypad Lacquer Elusive Fantasy added on top on the accents. It's a little bit on the thicker side, I have heard that most Tonics are and she said she'd rather make them a little thick than too sheer. Not gloopy or anything, but could probably benefit from a little thinner. Gorgeous though, absolutely stunning!

20170206_093320.jpg 20170206_093357.jpg 20170206_093434.jpg 20170206_093451.jpg 20170206_093511.jpg 20170206_093535.jpg

PearlyQueen

That's good! Well, I've just broken 2 nails while cleaning my bathroom! Luckily just the tips and the thumb side break is still holding up.

Lol, I had to go and have a look at your hubby's profile. ;) Your cats are so cute!

I've ordered the EA/Tonic quad, but I was more tempted by the EAs to be fair. I'm sure the Tonics will be lovely too.
I'm going to paint my nails with a Tonic tonight! (Mermaid Scales from the C4N duo.) Will post pictures tomorrow. I have a couple of other manis I haven't posted yet.

Thank you. I say I'm not that keen on CbL nowadays, but every so often I pull out a polish that I really love. I only put one CbL on my must wear list, Giant Giraffes, but there are plenty I haven't worn and I know I will love.

I have decided though to try and only buy polishes that really make me go ooh-aah, so that's why I sat out the Glam launch. I do like The Boy Who Lived, but didn't want to pay $6 shipping and even that isn't a must have for me right now. I have bought a lot of polish over the last few days though, the EA/Tonic quad, 4 Fair Maidens (the trio and the red Holo-maniacs polish), ordered 3 HHC polishes and also the For The Love of Polish box (that Pahlish!!!), and a few others. So now I need to sit it out until the 14th, hopefully there won't be any new EPs to tempt me.

I was going to order 3 Femme Fatale exclusives from Polish Molish (used to be Dope Nails), but even as part of a group buy, the shipping is very pricey and so are the polishes, with Paypal fees and bad exchange rate, I would've ended paying nearly £44 for 3 polishes, so I passed. They are pretty, but never mind, there are others. I did order 12 polishes from Femme Fatale (basically everything new incl. the 2 C4N ones).

Oh no, broken nails suck! Ha, I love my cats, so thank you, I'll pass on your compliments!
I've really cut back on CbLs too, but I do tend to get hold of the reds! They are nice quality when I wear them though.
I'm trying to do the same in my cutting back, but then I end up adding things since I'm already paying postage! I wanted loads of Glams, managed to chop a few out of the order, but nowhere near as many as I should have!
Now I need to try to stop till cc day too, fingers crossed nothing new comes out!
I hate store exclusives too, you end up stalking them all over the place and paying a fortune in postage for a bottle here and another there. I still haven't got the Beautometry ones I wanted, but they're on my list. There are others I want too.

PearlyQueen

Right then, time to see if Specktra have fixed the picture uploading issue...

View attachment 58490

This is Crapemyrtle, one of the Beautometry exclusives. Very pretty. But this again cost me quite a bit, even as part of a group buy as they charge $40 shipping (no free international shipping) and don't mark the value down, so also had to pay £2.40 customs. But it was either that or US shipping and consolidation fee. I wish Femme Fatale would stop with all these bloody store exclusives.

View attachment 58492

Speaking of exclusives, these are the C4N exclusive Tonics. They took 6 days to arrive from Heathrow! I live 20 minutes from bloody Heathrow! Ridiculous. They are gorgeous, especially Mermaid Scales.

Right, I'm off to resize my pictures as it seems you can't upload anything over 1 MB. Will be back with mani pictures soon.

Gorgeous polishes, especially the FF, why am I not RICH??? Want everything...

PearlyQueen

Right, hopefully this will work now. First mani is China Glaze Some Like It Haute (2011 untried, on the accents) with Bear Pawlish Suck It Trebeck and fake watermarble holo decals made with 7 Color Club Halo Hues.

View attachment 58493 View attachment 58494 View attachment 58495 View attachment 58497

Next mani is Glam Polish Tangled with more decals. I made those with 3 of the Fair Maiden Brights I got in the Black Friday sale.

View attachment 58498 View attachment 58499 View attachment 58500

And drumroll.... Tonic Mermaid Scales with Lilypad Lacquer Elusive Fantasy added on top on the accents. It's a little bit on the thicker side, I have heard that most Tonics are and she said she'd rather make them a little thick than too sheer. Not gloopy or anything, but could probably benefit from a little thinner. Gorgeous though, absolutely stunning!

View attachment 58501 View attachment 58502 View attachment 58503 View attachment 58504 View attachment 58505 View attachment 58506

Those holo decals are awesome, I want them!!!
And the Tonic is everything you would want, gorgeous.

Anitacska

Oh no, broken nails suck! Ha, I love my cats, so thank you, I'll pass on your compliments!
I've really cut back on CbLs too, but I do tend to get hold of the reds! They are nice quality when I wear them though.
I'm trying to do the same in my cutting back, but then I end up adding things since I'm already paying postage! I wanted loads of Glams, managed to chop a few out of the order, but nowhere near as many as I should have!
Now I need to try to stop till cc day too, fingers crossed nothing new comes out!
I hate store exclusives too, you end up stalking them all over the place and paying a fortune in postage for a bottle here and another there. I still haven't got the Beautometry ones I wanted, but they're on my list. There are others I want too.
I have a week to go without buying anything. You wouldn't think it would be so difficult, but you never know when they bring out must have LE one-pour only polishes! :D Speaking of which, wonder what's going on with EP. Apparently she had said she was going to restock the NY polishes, but there's been no news coming from her at all. Also no monthlies? Maybe she does stalk us! ;)
Gorgeous polishes, especially the FF, why am I not RICH??? Want everything...
Yeah, if money wasn't an issue...
Those holo decals are awesome, I want them!!!
And the Tonic is everything you would want, gorgeous.

Thank you. They were actually very quick and easy to make.

20170201_211148.jpg

Anitacska

Posting this in case you didn't get the e-mail:

Screenshot_2017-02-09-18-20-12.png Screenshot_2017-02-09-18-20-24.png Screenshot_2017-02-09-18-20-33.png Screenshot_2017-02-09-18-20-49.png Screenshot_2017-02-09-18-21-00.png Screenshot_2017-02-09-18-21-18.png

I'll have to break my no-buy for this and buy the mysteries. Would be so much better if she showed the polishes before the pre-order as if they're dupes of older polishes, I might already own those. But of course I'm going to have to order them all as I don't want to miss out on an Ocean Potion or December 2012 dupe! At least I won't have to order Opalescent Rainbow...

PearlyQueen

Posting this in case you didn't get the e-mail:

View attachment 58556 View attachment 58557 View attachment 58558 View attachment 58559 View attachment 58560 View attachment 58561

I'll have to break my no-buy for this and buy the mysteries. Would be so much better if she showed the polishes before the pre-order as if they're dupes of older polishes, I might already own those. But of course I'm going to have to order them all as I don't want to miss out on an Ocean Potion or December 2012 dupe! At least I won't have to order Opalescent Rainbow...

It’s unusually long for an EP mailout!
I will of course HAVE to buy the mysteries I planned toskip, just in case she revisits something I’ve been lusting after forever… Mypicks would be Dragon Spit, Awesomeness, Razzmanian Devil & Penny Lane. (Putting that out there since she's obviously still reading your posts...)

And of course I won’t be happy if I get a dupe of somethingI already have! Or maybe not a dupe, shedoesn’t exactly say that. I hatemysteries, if only she’d just say what they are I’d buy what I want!

Anitacska

Pshiiit are doing an EP pre-order inc the New Year colours, info on link: Google Translate
That's interesting, I didn't think Pshiiit are still stocking EP. It might be interesting going forward, although this time I'm definitely ordering directly from EP to get the free polish.
It’s unusually long for an EP mailout!

I will of course HAVE to buy the mysteries I planned toskip, just in case she revisits something I’ve been lusting after forever… Mypicks would be Dragon Spit, Awesomeness, Razzmanian Devil & Penny Lane. (Putting that out there since she's obviously still reading your posts...)

And of course I won’t be happy if I get a dupe of somethingI already have! Or maybe not a dupe, shedoesn’t exactly say that.I hatemysteries, if only she’d just say what they are I’d buy what I want!

I know, this is really annoying. I actually have a lot of older EPs, so it really depends on what she's bringing back. I'm rooting for Ocean Potion, Shrimp Cocktail and December 2012. Why can't she just post pictures of what she's releasing and let us decide if we want them? In 2013 the monthlies used not to be mysteries. Ah well, anyway, will still be ordering the mysteries and will enjoy the free polish. ;)

Anitacska

While I'm here, I'll post a couple of mani pictures.

First one is my last 2011 untried, Mac Ming blue with Polished for Days In a Flurry and stamping.

20170208_100044.jpg 20170208_100102.jpg

My current one is one from my must wear soon list, Pahlish Saint Glinda. To be honest, I'm not actually that keen on this polish. It was quite difficult to apply, really quite thick and the brush is so awkward. Pretty colour, although the flakies don't seem as apparent as they are in the bottle.

20170210_095906.jpg 20170210_095959.jpg 20170210_100019.jpg

Anneri

Chelsea, I know, I'm not Anita, but pleeeaaase, the time is killing me. Please consider doing it earlier, later, whatever, but I'm sick and if I get up at 1am?! Not good. Not good. :(

That is all. ;)

Anitacska

Chelsea, I know, I'm not Anita, but pleeeaaase, the time is killing me. Please consider doing it earlier, later, whatever, but I'm sick and if I get up at 1am?! Not good. Not good. :(

That is all. ;)

Lol, Anneri. At least the pre-order is open for 12 hours. I feel your pain though, I had to do a middle of the night order last week (Fair Maiden). Well, I say I had to, of course noone forced me into it! ;)

Hope you feel better soon! :med:

Latest posts