Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

last year I ordered, through fairy service, the Bees Knees *secret* colors which you had to answer questions to get--they were not swatched before so a mystery. Pouncer Peach and another color. I never got the 2nd order and this was after waiting a really really long time for Bees Knees to make extra for unexpected demand or what not. It just wasn't worth asking for it to be made for me months later.

Despite my personal experience I am terribly sad about this. Polish Con has been held in midwest so there was hopes of my attending one year. Plus I always hate it when a brand, maker, or fan event fails. I realize Ever After has had much drama over the years. Always about poor communication, slow shipping followed by mistaken orders etc., and I always have defended Miranda because I just feel its one individual, or a small team, trying to meet demand which might have been unexpected while real life gets in way {illness or what not}.

I wish her and the PC event manages to make it through all of this. NOTE I am not defending the fiasco, Miranda etc. I am expressing sadness over situation.

I have no sympathy for her. She has lied about so many things including telling makers that they sold 400 tickets instead of 150. That's not an oversight, that's on purpose, trying to make herself and PC look good. She also lied about sending things out constantly. It's not about falling a bit behind or getting things wrong by mistake, it's about not caring about her customers and fellow makers. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and still think she wasn't doing it to con people out of their money, but it's getting harder to believe that.

elkaknits

yeah I just read the AA post and that is heart breaking. Like I said I am not defending Miranda just super sad about the whole situation. I haven't purchased anything from Ever After since my personal experience which was a few cons ago.

PearlyQueen

Miranda (of Ever After, organiser of PC) appears to have withheld a lot of money belonging to makers, also loads of people never got what they ordered or refunds, and it has been going on for years, but finally one of the makers spoke up and it all came out. Acetone Alley has been going crazy and she's doing nothing other than promising that she would sort things out and posting half arsed apologies. She also told makers that 400 tickets were sold for the latest PC and everyone prepared accordingly, but turns out it was more like 150 and even Tonic had a lot of leftovers. Lindsey is now doing another launch in early May to try and shift her stock.

That's such a shame - I hadn't heard any of that. Missing orders are one thing, but lying about ticket sales, withholding money from makers and dragging things out for years is quite another. So sorry for everyone that got caught out by that, so much of this stuff works on trust. I haven't bought much from EAP in the past, but never had an issue, and I wasn't aware that they were a bit problematic at all.

PearlyQueen

last year I ordered, through fairy service, the Bees Knees *secret* colors which you had to answer questions to get--they were not swatched before so a mystery. Pouncer Peach and another color. I never got the 2nd order and this was after waiting a really really long time for Bees Knees to make extra for unexpected demand or what not. It just wasn't worth asking for it to be made for me months later.

Despite my personal experience I am terribly sad about this. Polish Con has been held in midwest so there was hopes of my attending one year. Plus I always hate it when a brand, maker, or fan event fails. I realize Ever After has had much drama over the years. Always about poor communication, slow shipping followed by mistaken orders etc., and I always have defended Miranda because I just feel its one individual, or a small team, trying to meet demand which might have been unexpected while real life gets in way {illness or what not}.

I wish her and the PC event manages to make it through all of this. NOTE I am not defending the fiasco, Miranda etc. I am expressing sadness over situation.
What a shame you've had these poor experiences too - as I said above, no issues with the one or two EAP orders I've placed, but I'm not a regular and I'd no idea they were a bit dodgy. x

Anitacska

Thanks! I tried for four of the five, but only got three of them. Still, not a bad hit rate! I added about 4 more polishes including OTG, so very pleased with my ninja fingers!

That's good, well done! Which ones did you get? I quite liked the look of the magnetic one, but didn't bother.

Anitacska

That's such a shame - I hadn't heard any of that. Missing orders are one thing, but lying about ticket sales, withholding money from makers and dragging things out for years is quite another. So sorry for everyone that got caught out by that, so much of this stuff works on trust. I haven't bought much from EAP in the past, but never had an issue, and I wasn't aware that they were a bit problematic at all.

I personally never had issues with her, although her TAT was always a bit too long and I had to chase up tracking once, but I had been following comments in the Polish Con group and they referred to orders from 2-3 years ago. So yeah, she's massively screwed up.

Anitacska

Anyone buying from Tonic today? I will hold out until the next release so I can combine orders, she said these new colours will remain in stock through June.

I did place an order from Girly Bits yesterday, they have a 20% off sale on all GB polishes (or 25% off the NOLA exclusives one), bought 6 polishes, the discount effectively cancelled out the shipping charge, so I'm happy with that.

I said I wasn't buying from PPU, but the Dreamland polish is calling my name, so I will get that, but nothing else.

I've been trying to decide whether I want anything from Femme Fatale and there is a polish I like, and I actually won a $10 voucher in the FB group, but they haven't e-mailed it to me yet, so not sure if I'll have it before the end of the presale. If I don't get it, I might pass and save it for something else next month.

I think I will be buying a good few polishes from EdM at the end of this month and maybe also from PfD if I don't find a fairy for her Indie Shop exclusive (and if she has it in the shop afterwards). Trying to be good sucks though.

Anitacska

Finally got a bit of time to post some mani pictures. First up is China Glaze Galactic Gray with Girly Bits Terra.

IMG_20190424_130517512.jpg IMG_20190424_130529945.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Enchanted Isle with Orly Monster Mash (2012 untried).

IMG_20190426_085410549.jpg IMG_20190426_093629520.jpg

This is Picture Polish Believe with Illyrian Bubblegum. The Picture Polish is just meh, can't even tell what colour it is and I'm not a fan. I do like Bubblegum though.

IMG_20190428_160041219.jpg IMG_20190428_160058116.jpg

Next up is Glam Polish The Phantom Flakie (incidentally, happy Star Wars Day!)

IMG_20190430_092321664.jpg IMG_20190430_092347532.jpg IMG_20190430_092356552.jpg

This is Cupcake Polish Thank You Peaches with ILNP Fame.

IMG_20190502_112901531.jpg IMG_20190502_112909830.jpg

My current mani is Ethereal Lacquer Phantasm (over black) with Tonic Verklempt. The Tonic is actually an oops, it's darker than Verklempt is supposed to be, but it's not as dark as the official Oops version. I bought this first and always thought it was an oops, and eventually managed to get a replacement, and that is quite a bit lighter than this. I do like this one too, but ended up selling the official Oops as it was too dark for my liking.

IMG_20190504_105705557.jpg IMG_20190504_105713939.jpg IMG_20190504_105730798.jpg IMG_20190504_105753612.jpg IMG_20190504_105804912.jpg

boschicka

Anyone buying from Tonic today? I will hold out until the next release so I can combine orders, she said these new colours will remain in stock through June. I did place an order from Girly Bits yesterday, they have a 20% off sale on all GB polishes (or 25% off the NOLA exclusives one), bought 6 polishes, the discount effectively cancelled out the shipping charge, so I'm happy with that. I said I wasn't buying from PPU, but the Dreamland polish is calling my name, so I will get that, but nothing else. I've been trying to decide whether I want anything from Femme Fatale and there is a polish I like, and I actually won a $10 voucher in the FB group, but they haven't e-mailed it to me yet, so not sure if I'll have it before the end of the presale. If I don't get it, I might pass and save it for something else next month. I think I will be buying a good few polishes from EdM at the end of this month and maybe also from PfD if I don't find a fairy for her Indie Shop exclusive (and if she has it in the shop afterwards). Trying to be good sucks though.
I purchased the new Tonics. I didn't purchase any of the neons the first round, so I knew I'd reach free shipping this time.

I need to look at all the shops offering the NOLA discount. 20% off is a nice deal at Girly Bits.

I purchased the Ethereal and Turtle Tootsie polishes from PPU. Both purples of course.

I think I'll grab Unseen Arts from Femme Fatale and Amazonia (a past fiend exclusive) b/c I have a $5 coupon I have yet to use. I hope you get your voucher soon!

PearlyQueen

Anyone buying from Tonic today? I will hold out until the next release so I can combine orders, she said these new colours will remain in stock through June.

I did place an order from Girly Bits yesterday, they have a 20% off sale on all GB polishes (or 25% off the NOLA exclusives one), bought 6 polishes, the discount effectively cancelled out the shipping charge, so I'm happy with that.

I said I wasn't buying from PPU, but the Dreamland polish is calling my name, so I will get that, but nothing else.

I've been trying to decide whether I want anything from Femme Fatale and there is a polish I like, and I actually won a $10 voucher in the FB group, but they haven't e-mailed it to me yet, so not sure if I'll have it before the end of the presale. If I don't get it, I might pass and save it for something else next month.

I think I will be buying a good few polishes from EdM at the end of this month and maybe also from PfD if I don't find a fairy for her Indie Shop exclusive (and if she has it in the shop afterwards). Trying to be good sucks though.

No, I'm skipping this too - in all honesty, there's just one I really love, so no great urgency.
I like that Dreamland too, but this dental bill is killing me, so skipping that too.
I too am trying to be good, and it does indeed suck! Be strong!

PearlyQueen

Finally got a bit of time to post some mani pictures. First up is China Glaze Galactic Gray with Girly Bits Terra.

View attachment 66128 View attachment 66129

Next is Emily de Molly Enchanted Isle with Orly Monster Mash (2012 untried).

View attachment 66130 View attachment 66131

This is Picture Polish Believe with Illyrian Bubblegum. The Picture Polish is just meh, can't even tell what colour it is and I'm not a fan. I do like Bubblegum though.

View attachment 66132 View attachment 66133

Next up is Glam Polish The Phantom Flakie (incidentally, happy Star Wars Day!)

View attachment 66134 View attachment 66135 View attachment 66136

This is Cupcake Polish Thank You Peaches with ILNP Fame.

View attachment 66137 View attachment 66138

My current mani is Ethereal Lacquer Phantasm (over black) with Tonic Verklempt. The Tonic is actually an oops, it's darker than Verklempt is supposed to be, but it's not as dark as the official Oops version. I bought this first and always thought it was an oops, and eventually managed to get a replacement, and that is quite a bit lighter than this. I do like this one too, but ended up selling the official Oops as it was too dark for my liking.

View attachment 66139 View attachment 66140 View attachment 66141 View attachment 66142 View attachment 66143

These are nice! The green is so springy! And I love the Glam, happy Star Wars day to you too!
Ethereal looks nice over black, and Bubblegum is very cool too.

Anitacska

I purchased the new Tonics. I didn't purchase any of the neons the first round, so I knew I'd reach free shipping this time.

I need to look at all the shops offering the NOLA discount. 20% off is a nice deal at Girly Bits.

I purchased the Ethereal and Turtle Tootsie polishes from PPU. Both purples of course.

I think I'll grab Unseen Arts from Femme Fatale and Amazonia (a past fiend exclusive) b/c I have a $5 coupon I have yet to use. I hope you get your voucher soon!

I bought the neons, so there wasn't enough left for free shipping this time around. I'm sure they'll have a restock again soon since Lindsey said they had a lot left over from Polish Con.

I find Ethereal's polishes a bit boring and repetitive, it always seems to be some sort of UP/UP sister pigment with purple or sheer blue. JReine is the same, she doesn't seem to be able to come up with anything other than UP. Meh.

I got the voucher and bought Unseen Arts and also Glass Palace. Hope I like them both.

Anitacska

Not sure anyone cares, but Enchanted Polish released 2 new Star Wars duos yesterday (and re-released In a Galaxy / Far, Far Away, but that's sold out now). I'm not buying them, both have glitters and black/grey/red, really not my colours. I actually hate these duos, I usually like one, but can't be bothered to buy both, although this time I don't like any.

boschicka

Not sure anyone cares, but Enchanted Polish released 2 new Star Wars duos yesterday (and re-released In a Galaxy / Far, Far Away, but that's sold out now). I'm not buying them, both have glitters and black/grey/red, really not my colours. I actually hate these duos, I usually like one, but can't be bothered to buy both, although this time I don't like any.
Agreed. I think anything sold as a set should also be available individually. Discount the set, have a little surcharge on the individual items, whatever, and we all win.

Anitacska

Agreed. I think anything sold as a set should also be available individually. Discount the set, have a little surcharge on the individual items, whatever, and we all win.

She likes doing these stupid sets, I don't think she would ever listen.

Another thing I struggle with when it comes to her polishes is that every single polish costs $16. Ingredients vary greatly when it comes to prices, surely a plain creme shouldn't cost the same as a holo polish or one with flakies? Tonic's neons cost $10, the more fancy UP/magnetic/thermal/flakie polishes sell for $12-16. Makes sense to me.

I am genuinely surprised she's still in business, would love to know how much polish she actually sells. Based on the activity in the groups, it can't be much.

boschicka

I bought the neons, so there wasn't enough left for free shipping this time around. I'm sure they'll have a restock again soon since Lindsey said they had a lot left over from Polish Con.

I find Ethereal's polishes a bit boring and repetitive, it always seems to be some sort of UP/UP sister pigment with purple or sheer blue. JReine is the same, she doesn't seem to be able to come up with anything other than UP. Meh.

I got the voucher and bought Unseen Arts and also Glass Palace. Hope I like them both.

Glad you got your voucher.

As for boring polishes and being repetitive, I think that's a fair assessment. The UP thing is definitely overblown. I have my own repetitive problem with purple/burgundy polishes and buying the same dang thing over and over.

Latest posts