Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Hi Anita, I got them, so happy - thank you!
I made a start on yours, but I've been working stupid long hours recently and I stalled. I'm so sorry, I will get them finished this weekend and out early next week.

Glad they arrived safely. I sold something on Depop and bloody Royal Mail lost it, I'm always so wary of using them.

No worries, I've been really busy this week too. Just as well I managed to sort them out last weekend!

Anitacska

Anyone buying from Illyrian? I saw her post that she's once again really behind with everything, yet she's doing another restock! I don't get it. Anyway, I'm not really interested in any of the new protos, so I'll wait and see what she has to offer for Black Friday.

PearlyQueen

Anyone buying from Illyrian? I saw her post that she's once again really behind with everything, yet she's doing another restock! I don't get it. Anyway, I'm not really interested in any of the new protos, so I'll wait and see what she has to offer for Black Friday.
I really want Little Fluffy Clouds - but it's the only one. I thought it was coming back in December but it appeared last night - I'm not paying $18 to ship one! I'd hoped it would appear on BF, but she says no. Hopefully it will return soon with some others I want. Unimpressed by the new protos. Yup, her suppliers getting the blame for late shipping again (I skipped, so I'm not waiting fortunately). I do see she's doing BF, so I expect I'll be in for that.

Anitacska

I really want Little Fluffy Clouds - but it's the only one. I thought it was coming back in December but it appeared last night - I'm not paying $18 to ship one! I'd hoped it would appear on BF, but she says no. Hopefully it will return soon with some others I want. Unimpressed by the new protos. Yup, her suppliers getting the blame for late shipping again (I skipped, so I'm not waiting fortunately). I do see she's doing BF, so I expect I'll be in for that.

Oh yes, it's always an issue with the suppliers! I'm thinking it's probably more like she didn't order her supplies in time.

I got an email from HHC saying my order is being prepared, I'm guessing she was late fulfilling those orders too. At least she had the sense to pull out of this month, one less thing to try and keep up with.

PearlyQueen

Oh yes, it's always an issue with the suppliers! I'm thinking it's probably more like she didn't order her supplies in time.

I got an email from HHC saying my order is being prepared, I'm guessing she was late fulfilling those orders too. At least she had the sense to pull out of this month, one less thing to try and keep up with.
Which HHC was that for? I've already had the one with Flame Aura Quartz in it - it's very pretty!

Anitacska

I have loads of manis to share, as usual I've been very busy, but hoping to be able to post a few. First up is Polished for Days Tiger Lily with Color Club Sultry Diva (2013 untried). I managed to catch the early morning sun while walking the dog at the park (hence the manky lead handle).

Next is Femme Fatale Below the Horizon, thermal.

This is Girly Bits Well Isn't That Special with Illyrian Prismatic. Annoyingly the Illyrian looks like it was missing a huge bit, but it was a big flakie and that's just the light making it look patchy. Not too keen on either of these polishes to be honest.

Anitacska

More manis. This is KBShimmer Teal Another Tale with Ever After Mother of Dragons.

Next is Femme Fatale Akkorokamui, another thermal.

This is Lilypad Lacquer Nature Child with Fair Maiden Trick or Treat Freak.

Anitacska

I'm back with even more manis! First is Different Dimension Bare It All. It's a really nice thermal, although it was a bit thick and I suck at applying cremes, so it was all quite messy.

Next is Grace-full Polish Taupe Fog with Enchanted Polish Witchful Thinking (2013 untried)

Finally, this is Emily de Molly Emily de Molly Ava with Emily de Molly Teller of Tales. Probably my most favourite mani of the bunch, followed by the Polished for Days/Color Club one.

PearlyQueen

I have loads of manis to share, as usual I've been very busy, but hoping to be able to post a few. First up is Polished for Days Tiger Lily with Color Club Sultry Diva (2013 untried). I managed to catch the early morning sun while walking the dog at the park (hence the manky lead handle).

View attachment 66869

View attachment 66870

View attachment 66871

View attachment 66873

Next is Femme Fatale Below the Horizon, thermal.

View attachment 66874

View attachment 66875

View attachment 66876

View attachment 66877

This is Girly Bits Well Isn't That Special with Illyrian Prismatic. Annoyingly the Illyrian looks like it was missing a huge bit, but it was a big flakie and that's just the light making it look patchy. Not too keen on either of these polishes to be honest.

View attachment 66878

View attachment 66879
That PfD based mani is really cute! How weird what the Illyrian flakey did, it truly looks like a bald patch! Shame you're not a fan of the Prizmatic, it looks like it should be really nice, but I must admit it doesn't stand out in the pics.

PearlyQueen

More manis. This is KBShimmer Teal Another Tale with Ever After Mother of Dragons.

View attachment 66880

View attachment 66881

View attachment 66882

View attachment 66883

Next is Femme Fatale Akkorokamui, another thermal.

View attachment 66884

View attachment 66885

View attachment 66886

This is Lilypad Lacquer Nature Child with Fair Maiden Trick or Treat Freak.

View attachment 66887

View attachment 66888

View attachment 66889
Again, nice! I think the Fair Maiden is my pick from these.

PearlyQueen

I'm back with even more manis! First is Different Dimension Bare It All. It's a really nice thermal, although it was a bit thick and I suck at applying cremes, so it was all quite messy.

View attachment 66890

View attachment 66891

View attachment 66892

Next is Grace-full Polish Taupe Fog with Enchanted Polish Witchful Thinking (2013 untried)

View attachment 66893

View attachment 66894

Finally, this is Emily de Molly Emily de Molly Ava with Emily de Molly Teller of Tales. Probably my most favourite mani of the bunch, followed by the Polished for Days/Color Club one.

View attachment 66895

View attachment 66896

View attachment 66897
Wow, I adore the Grace-full/EP combo, and Teller of Tales is beautiful.

Anitacska

That PfD based mani is really cute! How weird what the Illyrian flakey did, it truly looks like a bald patch! Shame you're not a fan of the Prizmatic, it looks like it should be really nice, but I must admit it doesn't stand out in the pics.

Yeah, the Illyrian was very meh. I put it over the Girly Bits, because it was very sheer and dull, but it didn't improve much.

Anitacska

What are you thinking about buying from new releases / Black Friday sales? I'm pretty sure I will buy from PfD, although slightly disappointed about her not selling mystery prototypes this year (but at least I'll spend less!). EdM has announced a 20/25% sale, but I'm not sure how much I will buy, especially as Girly Bits also stocks EdM and they might have better deals, I'll have to see. I like a few of the new Glams, but there isn't really a sale other than a free GWP. I should probably save my money tbh as out loft conversion is now go, works are starting in 2 weeks. *gulp*

Speaking of PfD, I'm trying to figure out whether I need the new red flakie, Fireside. I don't know how close it is to my red flakie proto, wonder if I need them both? Anne, what do you think?

Tonic is releasing the new holiday collection in a week, but there's no mention of a sale, so not sure if I'll buy just now. I'm still undecided about the previous collection, at first I thought I'd only want 4-5, then I thought I'd buy all and sell the couple I'm not sure of (as you get the flakie topper free anyway), but now I think I'll probably just get 6. I'm not at all indecisive! :p

Anitacska

I forgot about Illyrian. Although I have no idea what's going on with her. Once again she was late shipping and everyone's saying their tracking haven't been updating, which makes me think she probably didn't drop them off at the post office when she claimed she did. I find it so hard to believe that they would just sit on tons of packages without scanning them in for days! I think she's doing this to make her TAT look better, but all it's achieving is making her look bad.

PearlyQueen

What are you thinking about buying from new releases / Black Friday sales? I'm pretty sure I will buy from PfD, although slightly disappointed about her not selling mystery prototypes this year (but at least I'll spend less!). EdM has announced a 20/25% sale, but I'm not sure how much I will buy, especially as Girly Bits also stocks EdM and they might have better deals, I'll have to see. I like a few of the new Glams, but there isn't really a sale other than a free GWP. I should probably save my money tbh as out loft conversion is now go, works are starting in 2 weeks. *gulp*

Speaking of PfD, I'm trying to figure out whether I need the new red flakie, Fireside. I don't know how close it is to my red flakie proto, wonder if I need them both? Anne, what do you think?

Tonic is releasing the new holiday collection in a week, but there's no mention of a sale, so not sure if I'll buy just now. I'm still undecided about the previous collection, at first I thought I'd only want 4-5, then I thought I'd buy all and sell the couple I'm not sure of (as you get the flakie topper free anyway), but now I think I'll probably just get 6. I'm not at all indecisive! :p
Well at the moment the only definite things I'm planning are Illyrian and PfD, though it depends what they're doing - I'm sad to hear there won't be any protos from PfD this year (I had definite proto envy last year!). I don't think the red is too similar to the proto, but I could be wrong of course! I doubt they'll discount the latest collection anyway, they didn't last year. I'll keep an eye out for decent deals elsewhere from stockists (Girly Bits, RC, Hypnotic are my first thoughts) and I fancy some Alchemy but I doubt she'll have a sale. Interesting that EdM are doing discounts, I've not bought much from them for a while, and they've had some lovely things coming out. The new Glams are nice (especially the red!!!) but I haven't got the funds to do everything, so if I do go for them, it will be because I've skipped most of the other deals. Maybe next month if they're still available. Other than that, I've taken to Shleee recently, but again no idea if she'll have a deal on. I had a look at the Pahlish release, and it's not calling me. I've decided to skip Different Dimension and Dreamland haven't had a release I've fancied in the last year. It might be a slightly cheaper BF overall for me this time around - but of course when the deals start appearing, I start shopping in unplanned places... I was eyeing up Lemming recently...

Latest posts