Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Did anyone order EP Rain Dance yesterday? I did, against my better judgement. I hate buying without swatches, but based on the bottle shot and the description it sounded nice and it's for a good cause. Plus I have a Stackry box going, so I thought, might as well.

Aussie indie makers are doing charity polishes soon, but I don't think I'll be able to take part in that. I want to save some money for PPU and a few new Femme Fatales. I did manage to sell some more make up on eBay, so I had some funds for the EP and there's enough left for another 3-4 polishes. Luckily I don't want much from PPU (2 or 3 atm) and the new FF release isn't calling me, I think I only want 2 or 3 of those. And the Glam Valentine's and Madame Pompadour polishes aren't my cup of tea either.

I do love the new PfD duo, but that can wait. I only like 2 of the upcoming EdMs, and again those can wait too. They have to as almost every day there's a new expense for the loft. Ugh.

boschicka

Did anyone order EP Rain Dance yesterday? I did, against my better judgement. I hate buying without swatches, but based on the bottle shot and the description it sounded nice and it's for a good cause. Plus I have a Stackry box going, so I thought, might as well.

Aussie indie makers are doing charity polishes soon, but I don't think I'll be able to take part in that. I want to save some money for PPU and a few new Femme Fatales. I did manage to sell some more make up on eBay, so I had some funds for the EP and there's enough left for another 3-4 polishes. Luckily I don't want much from PPU (2 or 3 atm) and the new FF release isn't calling me, I think I only want 2 or 3 of those. And the Glam Valentine's and Madame Pompadour polishes aren't my cup of tea either.

I do love the new PfD duo, but that can wait. I only like 2 of the upcoming EdMs, and again those can wait too. They have to as almost every day there's a new expense for the loft. Ugh.
I passed on the EP charity polish b/c I don't think it will look nice with my coloring, but I agree with you that it will be pretty.
That's great you're able to use Ebay funds to purchase polish for now. Are the loft expenses unexpected?

Anitacska

I passed on the EP charity polish b/c I don't think it will look nice with my coloring, but I agree with you that it will be pretty.
That's great you're able to use Ebay funds to purchase polish for now. Are the loft expenses unexpected?

Some are, some aren't, they're just not included in the original quote and I didn't know how much they're going to be. Nothing too outrageous, but it all adds up.

Anitacska

Here are some mani pictures. Please excuse my cuticles, apparently I need to do something about them. :rolleyes: First is Polished for Days Dreams Are Forever with Claire's Blingtastic. I really loved the PfD, I didn't think I would like it this much, but it's so pretty.

IMG_20200115_111733062.jpg

IMG_20200115_115939521.jpg

IMG_20200115_120018255.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Wicked Stepsisters with Hits Glitters World Roma (2013 untried). I was happy with this thermal.

IMG_20200117_113512503.jpg

IMG_20200117_113553642.jpg

IMG_20200117_113411106.jpg

This is Femme Fatale Blue Beard with Illyrian Polish Day Tripper over the Femme Fatale on the accents as it is really sheer. I apparently missed a chunk of my ring finger with the Illyrian, not sure how that happened. The FF was more green in the warm state, not as yellow as my picture shows.

IMG_20200119_115906387.jpg

IMG_20200119_120028329.jpg

IMG_20200119_120129785.jpg

IMG_20200119_120145527.jpg

On a different note, I am so fed up with this loft conversion. The workmen are being so obnoxious and failing to see that this is a family home, not just a building site. Ugh.

boschicka

Here are some mani pictures. Please excuse my cuticles, apparently I need to do something about them. :rolleyes: First is Polished for Days Dreams Are Forever with Claire's Blingtastic. I really loved the PfD, I didn't think I would like it this much, but it's so pretty.

Next is Femme Fatale Wicked Stepsisters with Hits Glitters World Roma (2013 untried). I was happy with this thermal.

This is Femme Fatale Blue Beard with Illyrian Polish Day Tripper over the Femme Fatale on the accents as it is really sheer. I apparently missed a chunk of my ring finger with the Illyrian, not sure how that happened. The FF was more green in the warm state, not as yellow as my picture shows.

On a different note, I am so fed up with this loft conversion. The workmen are being so obnoxious and failing to see that this is a family home, not just a building site. Ugh.

Fun manis. Sorry to hear the conversion workmen are causing such problems. Each time I've had people out to do repairs/painting/etc, it's always been a scene. Sadly, people don't respect property, time, appropriate noise levels, language, and the list goes on.

PearlyQueen

View attachment 67190

View attachment 67191

View attachment 67192

View attachment 67193

View attachment 67194

View attachment 67195

View attachment 67196

View attachment 67197

View attachment 67199

View attachment 67200

Some pretty things there, though mostly wouldn't suit me sadly. I did have Day Tripper on my swap list, is it seriously sheer?
Sorry to hear the workmen are a pain, I haven't had that at home, but I can imagine it's really annoying - how long a job is it?

PearlyQueen

I couldn't afford Rain Dance sadly, and the same for everything else at the moment. I know the Aussie thing is a great cause, I wish I had the funds to get involved. I just had to empty my Stackry box (just my BF purchases) and it cost me £80 I didn't have, :(

Anitacska

Some pretty things there, though mostly wouldn't suit me sadly. I did have Day Tripper on my swap list, is it seriously sheer?
Sorry to hear the workmen are a pain, I haven't had that at home, but I can imagine it's really annoying - how long a job is it?

Yeah, I swatched it alone and even after 3 coats it wasn't opaque.

It's supposed to be finished in a few weeks. I went up there yesterday and we have walls now and the windows are here too. Plasterers are coming next week, then we'll have the plumbing and elecricals fitted and after that it's just tiling, decorating, carpets, etc.

What really annoys me is that they don't tell me anything in advance, they just ring the doorbell and tell me they need to do things inside. The other day the electrician showed up and told me they needed to move most of my bedroom furniture around and was surprised when I told him it wasn't happening that day. As I have children at home, it's a double annoyance and my daughter has been giving me a very hard time over it. Ugh.

Anitacska

New mani is Powder Perfect Summer Horizon (wishful thinking!):
View attachment 67204 View attachment 67205
Sadly the side break on my other hand I've been nursing finally gave up the ghost, so AOM didn't get a full week.

Very pretty! Sorry about the side break. Almost every day I need to file one of my nails down, there's always a small crack or snag. They're really short right now. Must be because of winter.

Anitacska

Some more manis, first is Ciate Ivory Queen + ILNP Brilliance (H) with ILNP Brilliance (H) over black on the accents. I actually mixed Brilliance into the Ciate, but the creaminess of the polish dulled the flakies and they looked quite a different colour, so I ended up adding a coat of Birlliance on top. Not the best, but it was fine for 2 days.

IMG_20200121_133602337.jpg

IMG_20200121_133619251.jpg

IMG_20200121_133637649.jpg

Next is KBShimmer Orchidding Me? with Glam Polish Spark.

IMG_20200123_142303301.jpg

IMG_20200123_142400668.jpg

My current mani is Glam Polish Rogue Multichrome with Indigo Bananas Dawn Chorus (holo). I love the Glam so much! And also the flakies. I still love flakies very much.

IMG_20200125_152433305.jpg

IMG_20200125_152425019.jpg

IMG_20200125_152457058.jpg

Anitacska

So I got kicked out of the Illyrian group after my comment about them deleting comments. Couldn't care less, I wasn't going to buy from her anyway, it seems people are still waiting for orders to update that "shipped" 10 days ago and nobody is getting replies to their e-mails. I don't have much of a budget now anyway as the bills keep on coming (just dropped £200 on tiles for the bathroom) and I have no idea how I'm going to pay for everything as it is, so the little money I have for polish is definitely going to makers that actually appreciate their customers.

On that note, I'm happy to say that I only like 2 of the PPU offerings (PfD and Girly Bits, and maybe the Fair Maiden), and again only about 3 of the new Femme Fatales, so that's definitely helping me save money.

PearlyQueen

Some more manis, first is Ciate Ivory Queen + ILNP Brilliance (H) with ILNP Brilliance (H) over black on the accents. I actually mixed Brilliance into the Ciate, but the creaminess of the polish dulled the flakies and they looked quite a different colour, so I ended up adding a coat of Birlliance on top. Not the best, but it was fine for 2 days.

View attachment 67207

View attachment 67208

View attachment 67209

Next is KBShimmer Orchidding Me? with Glam Polish Spark.

View attachment 67210

View attachment 67211

My current mani is Glam Polish Rogue Multichrome with Indigo Bananas Dawn Chorus (holo). I love the Glam so much! And also the flakies. I still love flakies very much.

View attachment 67212

View attachment 67213

View attachment 67214
I love the second and third ones, very pretty! I still love my flakies too.

PearlyQueen

So I got kicked out of the Illyrian group after my comment about them deleting comments. Couldn't care less, I wasn't going to buy from her anyway, it seems people are still waiting for orders to update that "shipped" 10 days ago and nobody is getting replies to their e-mails. I don't have much of a budget now anyway as the bills keep on coming (just dropped £200 on tiles for the bathroom) and I have no idea how I'm going to pay for everything as it is, so the little money I have for polish is definitely going to makers that actually appreciate their customers.

On that note, I'm happy to say that I only like 2 of the PPU offerings (PfD and Girly Bits, and maybe the Fair Maiden), and again only about 3 of the new Femme Fatales, so that's definitely helping me save money.
It's ridiculous, I half expected to get kicked off just for answering the OP. Mine obviously still hasn't moved. I've been waiting for the PO to confirm they've got it before I contact her again about my promised shipping refund but once that ball is rolling I expect I'll be kicked off too. I feel like she's stolen my money. I can't order again with the lack of contact - every time something goes wrong you can't get any response, she doesn't give a damn about her customers. I hate that my fave polishes are made by someone so horrible. And the policing on the forum is ridiculous, how dare they. I'm fond of the polishes but I'm not a bloody fangirl, I expect someone I'm paying for goods to provide them. I do wonder what's going on at the moment, she used to insist she absolutely HAD to restock every fortnight, it's been about six weeks since the last lot were listed. Maybe she's finally disappeared with everyone's money. It really wouldn't surprise me, and to be honest, I'm shocked that the thread is still open - I expected deletion immediately, maybe even Amy is wondering what's going on.

Anitacska

It's ridiculous, I half expected to get kicked off just for answering the OP. Mine obviously still hasn't moved. I've been waiting for the PO to confirm they've got it before I contact her again about my promised shipping refund but once that ball is rolling I expect I'll be kicked off too. I feel like she's stolen my money. I can't order again with the lack of contact - every time something goes wrong you can't get any response, she doesn't give a damn about her customers. I hate that my fave polishes are made by someone so horrible. And the policing on the forum is ridiculous, how dare they. I'm fond of the polishes but I'm not a bloody fangirl, I expect someone I'm paying for goods to provide them. I do wonder what's going on at the moment, she used to insist she absolutely HAD to restock every fortnight, it's been about six weeks since the last lot were listed. Maybe she's finally disappeared with everyone's money. It really wouldn't surprise me, and to be honest, I'm shocked that the thread is still open - I expected deletion immediately, maybe even Amy is wondering what's going on.

It is very unusual for her not to restock for this long. Once I asked her if she could do monthly restocks to be able to save on shipping, she said that she needed to keep restocking regularly for her to be able to buy her supplies. So I guess she buys everything after the restocks (hence the delays re supplies, bottles, brushes) with the money she's already been paid. I wonder if she's had bad cashflow issues and wasn't able to buy her next load of supplies, so now she's not able to fulfill the latest orders? To me it sounds like what Miranda Kraft did, but maybe on a smaller scale. If I had ordered in December, I would be starting a Paypal claim now, I see some people have actually done that. Not sure if that's possible with the shipping refund, but you could try showing screenshots of her promise, it might work.

PearlyQueen

It is very unusual for her not to restock for this long. Once I asked her if she could do monthly restocks to be able to save on shipping, she said that she needed to keep restocking regularly for her to be able to buy her supplies. So I guess she buys everything after the restocks (hence the delays re supplies, bottles, brushes) with the money she's already been paid. I wonder if she's had bad cashflow issues and wasn't able to buy her next load of supplies, so now she's not able to fulfill the latest orders? To me it sounds like what Miranda Kraft did, but maybe on a smaller scale. If I had ordered in December, I would be starting a Paypal claim now, I see some people have actually done that. Not sure if that's possible with the shipping refund, but you could try showing screenshots of her promise, it might work.
So weirdly I opted to email her about my non-moving shipment yesterday, and got a response within a couple of hours! Excuses:
1 USPS didn't scan them though they were shipped
2 Family emergency she was away in Mexico
3 She was using a temporary phone and had no internet access so she hasn't been aware of the problem or answering emails
Response:
USPS found them - hurrah! Half of them are moving already - hurrah! (Mine hasn't moved of course!) If it hasn't moved in a couple of days, she has more and will ship again...
So not monkey pirates after all. Though there's still time.
Obviously I kept it all polite and light and only chased the current order. My other issues will wait until I see movement on this order.

Latest posts