Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Illyrian have more protos launching tonight, a couple I like but I've just posted in the group to say "how can I order when my delivery from 2 releases ago hasn't shipped and Vanessa is ignoring my emails?" - so I'll probably get kicked out soon.
My Mystery Bag is moving, but nothing on the protos (I'm so sad I'll not be getting Blueberry). If I don't get anything by the time the bag arrives I'll be putting in a paypal claim and writing Illyrian off (she says now...). I'm waiting till then in case she's combined the shipments. I'm guessing paypal won't support multiple claims for missing shipments from a single seller, so if I go down that route I doubt I'll have the same protection going forward, so I can't risk any more orders. This manages to make me both sad and furious. There are other makers I like these days, so maybe I can finally start saying no to these.
1585742773663.png

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Current mani is Illyrian Polish Cuckoo:
cuckoo 1.JPG cuckoo 2.JPG cuckoo 3.JPG cuckoo 4.JPG
No longer working in my office, so pictures don't have my usual accurate lighting, but they're not too bad.

Anitacska

Ouch, i know it's cheaper than Stackry but it still hurts. Still they'll cheer you up if/when they arrive today! And me, vicariously...

They have arrived! And yes, the custom charge does hurt, but not having to pay $12.50 hazmat fee and god knows how much shipping, this is cheaper, especially as shipping was only $12 something. Also I have nothing in my Stackry box and I'm not planning on sending anything there in the foreseeable future. Can you believe it, I only bought 16 polishes last month?! These, 2 from HHC and 3 from PPU UK. The latter are also on their way, looks like a good week for polish, if nothing else. I think I'll get 3 from this month's PPU plus a stamping plate. I can't afford to buy more sadly. Luckily I don't actually like that many polishes, plus the FTLOP box is a bit meh again, so that's an easy pass. So is the new FF collection.

Anyway, here are my Tonics. I really like them all.

IMG_20200401_110145592.jpg

IMG_20200401_110127397.jpg

Last edited:

Anitacska

Illyrian have more protos launching tonight, a couple I like but I've just posted in the group to say "how can I order when my delivery from 2 releases ago hasn't shipped and Vanessa is ignoring my emails?" - so I'll probably get kicked out soon.
My Mystery Bag is moving, but nothing on the protos (I'm so sad I'll not be getting Blueberry). If I don't get anything by the time the bag arrives I'll be putting in a paypal claim and writing Illyrian off (she says now...). I'm waiting till then in case she's combined the shipments. I'm guessing paypal won't support multiple claims for missing shipments from a single seller, so if I go down that route I doubt I'll have the same protection going forward, so I can't risk any more orders. This manages to make me both sad and furious. There are other makers I like these days, so maybe I can finally start saying no to these.
View attachment 67460

That really sucks. I just don't understand how she can behave like this. I hope it'll all be sorted in the end.

These are pretty, but none of them seem unique to me. I'm sure I've seen these before.

PearlyQueen

They have arrived! And yes, the custom charge does hurt, but not having to pay $12.50 hazmat fee and god knows how much shipping, this is cheaper, especially as shipping was only $12 something. Also I have nothing in my Stackry box and I'm not planning on sending anything there in the foreseeable future. Can you believe it, I only bought 16 polishes last month?! These, 2 from HHC and 3 from PPU UK. The latter are also on their way, looks like a good week for polish, if nothing else. I think I'll get 3 from this month's PPU plus a stamping plate. I can't afford to buy more sadly. Luckily I don't actually like that many polishes, plus the FTLOP box is a bit meh again, so that's an easy pass. So is the new FF collection.

Anyway, here are my Tonics. I really like them all.

View attachment 67461

View attachment 67462
Ever so pretty! I know about Stackry, just too much for me these days. Well done on the cutback this month!
I only fancy PfD from PPU this time around, not sure I'll bother as shipping is expensive for one polish. FTLOP - the close up shot from yesterday had me thinking yes, the swatch shots today a different story so I'm skipping too. I haven't looked at HHC yet.

PearlyQueen

That really sucks. I just don't understand how she can behave like this. I hope it'll all be sorted in the end.

These are pretty, but none of them seem unique to me. I'm sure I've seen these before.
Well now I'm (a very little bit) embarrassed by my post - I did get a response from Vanessa to it - to tell me that it has movement on it, and when I checked there has been (from 2 days ago, probably yesterday US time). I didn't actually check before posting... USPS are meant to send me tracking updates, but haven't done so with this one (probably because it's out of date or something, nothing should take a month to arrive!). Anyway, they didn't kick me off the group although Amy was a little bit snitty about I should email instead (yeah, coz that works!). Whatever.
I agree that tonight's release ain't that fantastic, though there are a couple I do fancy. I'll decide later what to do, there are due to be overpours as well, no list of what yet.
I should have checked before posting but regardless the lack of response to emails is V's responsibility and I don't feel guilty about it because if you can't get any answers another way, of course you lash out. And of course it worked, so there is that!

Anitacska

Ever so pretty! I know about Stackry, just too much for me these days. Well done on the cutback this month!
I only fancy PfD from PPU this time around, not sure I'll bother as shipping is expensive for one polish. FTLOP - the close up shot from yesterday had me thinking yes, the swatch shots today a different story so I'm skipping too. I haven't looked at HHC yet.

I was debating the PfD, but the colour combination isn't really my thing. I'm planning on getting Girly Bits, Quixotic and Fair Maiden, and the EdK plate. If the plate sells out before I can get it, I'll probably get the Different Dimension holo topper. But I can't afford both.

I think they've just started showcasing the HHC polishes, haven't seen the EP yet, and so far I don't like any other polish.

Anitacska

Well now I'm (a very little bit) embarrassed by my post - I did get a response from Vanessa to it - to tell me that it has movement on it, and when I checked there has been (from 2 days ago, probably yesterday US time). I didn't actually check before posting... USPS are meant to send me tracking updates, but haven't done so with this one (probably because it's out of date or something, nothing should take a month to arrive!). Anyway, they didn't kick me off the group although Amy was a little bit snitty about I should email instead (yeah, coz that works!). Whatever.
I agree that tonight's release ain't that fantastic, though there are a couple I do fancy. I'll decide later what to do, there are due to be overpours as well, no list of what yet.
I should have checked before posting but regardless the lack of response to emails is V's responsibility and I don't feel guilty about it because if you can't get any answers another way, of course you lash out. And of course it worked, so there is that!

Don't be embarassed. You have e-mailed her many times without responses. You even asked in the group before about your package not moving. She should be bloody embarassed. And Amy can piss off too.

Let me know if you decide to order in case there's something I might like to swap for please.

Oh and I was the same with the FTLOP box, although I only liked one of the bottle shots, and thought maybe if it's the PfD I'd track it down, but turns out it's the Pahlish and I don't like the swatch, so nah.

PearlyQueen

Don't be embarassed. You have e-mailed her many times without responses. You even asked in the group before about your package not moving. She should be bloody embarassed. And Amy can piss off too.

Let me know if you decide to order in case there's something I might like to swap for please.

Oh and I was the same with the FTLOP box, although I only liked one of the bottle shots, and thought maybe if it's the PfD I'd track it down, but turns out it's the Pahlish and I don't like the swatch, so nah.
Thanks for that, I do feel a bit of an idiot announcing no movement when it had, but I agree with you, it's not my fault that she ignores both emails and posts until you get snippy with her. The Amy thing is really irritating, endless posts of "you can't post this here, you need to email" when you've already mentioned you've emailed SEVERAL times without response. And that's the crux of the problem - don't respond to customer emails and it will lead to friction on FB.
I'll let you know if/what I order! I like top right and the one below it, and am interested in the biggest pic/bottom left, but I can't figure out which one the big pic is of, because they don't look quite the same in the other pics. So I'll wait till launch so I can see them in a bit more detail - and of course it's the usual openstock bollocks so I may miss the ones I want if i have to mess around too long, in which case - whatever. Actually, I've just twigged launch is in 15 minutes I think! I was expecting midnight... Guess no more thinking time for me!

PearlyQueen

I've decided to skip these - the exchange rate and shipping are throwing up the costs, and they work out over £16 each if I buy 3. I do like them, but I'm not upset at missing out on any particular one. They may come back anyway. And the overpours were cancelled. My last two orders of three worked out a bit less per item - mystery bag was in the £14s each and Blueberry order was in the £15s. I would have kicked myself if I'd missed out on Blueberry, so that felt worth it, and with the mysteries being nice inspo pics and cheaper again it was OK. I really prefer to buy at flat rate shipping when I'm buying about 6 of them! Plus I can't afford much polish these days, better to save the money for something I want more. And maybe a maker that answers emails??? She can haul me in when they're worth it to me, maybe this is the first step in my rehabilitation! I'm thinking I might get the PFD from PPU after all with the money saved. I'll see how much it costs and decide.

Anitacska

I've decided to skip these - the exchange rate and shipping are throwing up the costs, and they work out over £16 each if I buy 3. I do like them, but I'm not upset at missing out on any particular one. They may come back anyway. And the overpours were cancelled. My last two orders of three worked out a bit less per item - mystery bag was in the £14s each and Blueberry order was in the £15s. I would have kicked myself if I'd missed out on Blueberry, so that felt worth it, and with the mysteries being nice inspo pics and cheaper again it was OK. I really prefer to buy at flat rate shipping when I'm buying about 6 of them! Plus I can't afford much polish these days, better to save the money for something I want more. And maybe a maker that answers emails??? She can haul me in when they're worth it to me, maybe this is the first step in my rehabilitation! I'm thinking I might get the PFD from PPU after all with the money saved. I'll see how much it costs and decide.

Good on you! I still think these look like previously released polishes, I swear I've seen La Terre before. Maybe slightly different, but nothing unique.

Anitacska

Ugh, I'm getting really annoyed with the FF group buy organiser. She received the package on Tuesday last week and said she wasn't coming this way anytime soon (understandably), so me and another lady asked her to give us a quote for MyHermes. I asked her on Sunday if she was alright as she had disappeared and she said she was fine, just busy, still working, decorating, etc. She was going to get a quote on Sunday or Monday. It is now Thursday and I still haven't got a quote and I doubt she's posted other people's stuff either. I don't want to sound pushy because obviously going out for non-essential things isn't recommended, but could she at least just say she's not going to post until this is over or if she is, then get a friggin code! Am I being unreasonable here?

boschicka

Ugh, I'm getting really annoyed with the FF group buy organiser. She received the package on Tuesday last week and said she wasn't coming this way anytime soon (understandably), so me and another lady asked her to give us a quote for MyHermes. I asked her on Sunday if she was alright as she had disappeared and she said she was fine, just busy, still working, decorating, etc. She was going to get a quote on Sunday or Monday. It is now Thursday and I still haven't got a quote and I doubt she's posted other people's stuff either. I don't want to sound pushy because obviously going out for non-essential things isn't recommended, but could she at least just say she's not going to post until this is over or if she is, then get a friggin code! Am I being unreasonable here?
No, not unreasonable. I hate things like this because she's holding all the cards and you want her to continue doing this in the future, so I feel it has to be handled more delicately than I would prefer. I would message her again and ask if she feels more comfortable waiting until quarantine passes.

PearlyQueen

Not at all unreasonable Anita, it's not like you're demanding "action, now", just information and an update - sounds familiar... Hope you get some joy soon.

Latest posts