Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I have some mani pictures to show, first is Butter London Dodgy Barnett (2013 untried) with Leesha's Lacquer Magical Masquerade. I wasn't very keen on either of these, especially the BL.

View attachment 67665

View attachment 67666

Next is Tonic Polish Hold Tight with Great Lakes Lacquer Ready for Fall. I loved both these polishes and the overall look.

View attachment 67667

View attachment 67668

View attachment 67669

View attachment 67670

This is Tonic Polish Tonicspiracy with Femme Fatale Land of Treats. The Tonic was so bright, it freaked my camera out. It's a very neon yellowish pink (not as blue toned as my camera thought). The picture in the shade is more accurate, but still not quite.

View attachment 67671

View attachment 67672

I also did my toe nails with Girly Bits Defying Gravity. Bit messy and my feet are very dry, I think I need to do some deep moisturising.

View attachment 67673
Nice, I like the shifty Tonic best!

PearlyQueen

It's very quiet here, hope everyone's okay. I've been so busy, I really envy people with loads of time on their hands during this lockdown. I'm either doing housework or one of my children need something from me the minute I sit down. Last night my youngest noticed loads of tiny spiders on the top floor: in his room, his bathroom and the ceiling of the landing. No idea where they came from, hopefully we don't have an infestation. We spent ages trying to get rid of them last night. He decided to sleep in my bed as he didn't want to wake up to them crawling over him in the night. This morning there didn't seem to be any more around. I checked all the corners of his room and hoovered up, no sign of any nests. Hopefully they came in through the windows and we got them all. Unfortunately we need to keep the windows open as it's been so warm and our house is an oven.

I have finally bought nail polish! I actually went all out and ordered 14 from PfD. They're going to Stackry, I think it's safer this way. I'll probably order from EdM soon too as she said she's having an anniversary sale soon, and then Tonic when the next collection comes out. I will need to buy from the UK PPU site as they have last month's GB to send with my order, but I don't actually want as many as I thought initially. I think I want the PfD, Nvr Enuff and Ethereal only. I don't normally buy from Ethereal, but this one looks gorgeous. I might get 2 from the FF launch (old discontinued stockist exclusives) that I didn't buy at the time. I'm pretty sure I have a coupon or two.
Oo, hope your spiders haven't reappeared! I'm doing well thanks, just not polishing my nails much (and for some reason didn't get the usual notification that there were new posts) so I haven't been on here for a bit. They're not naked, it's just my manis last forever when I'm not out of the house at all, I think they must chip on keys or something! I'm still working full time from home, and I am jealous of all the people who have managed to revamp homes and gardens with all their spare time. We did gut the garden last weekend, hence the urge to buy a bistro set or something so we can use it, that was just because of my garden envy! At the moment, I try to pop onto our stairs and sit on an upturned box for 20 minutes mid-morning to try to take the prison pallor off me!
I was going to hold off on Glam till I'd seen PPU, but then I just did it, I think they go up for wishlisting tomorrow, nothing I've seen so far on blogs has called to me though, but to be fair I haven't seen many of them.
I'm thoroughly jealous of your PfD order!

Anitacska

3 days is impressive!
I still have zero deliveries - my Illyrians hit customs and I've just had to pay a £14 charge so they're supposedly coming next week, my Shleees have stalled at LAX for over 2 weeks, my Lemmings still haven't shipped - and I've added a couple of the new Glams to my pending delivery.

Oh that's a shame about the Illyrians. It's weird that Lemming hasn't shipped yet, don't they get pickups anyway? She shouldn't be selling if she's not delivering, she could just close her website until she's ready to fulfill the orders.

I see Illyrian hasn't done a restock lately. Didn't she say she was doing them every 2 weeks? Weird. Not that I would order, but I like to see what's available.

Anitacska

FedEx seems like a good option at the moment, I've been trying to stay non-shoppy where possible, so not really worth it for me at the moment.
Nice to get some cool stuff you love, even if it's not nail polish! At the moment I'm dying to buy some garden furniture so I can sit outside during lockdown, but I keep holding off - Morph might need more treatment, so a bigg-ish purchase like that feels a bit worrying. I'm not leaving the house at all except once or twice a month for essentials, outside seating would be soooo nice! I want to buy PfDs too, trying to hold off till Black Friday but I too WANT them! I don't like FTLOP this time, and I haven't yet seen PPU for next week, I've been managing not to buy from those for a few months. I was really undecided about the Glams, probably shouldn't have bought them, but I do have a 2 item order pending, so at least the shipping stays lower, I got the turquoise and teal, plus an older one on sale. I thought about the deeper purple and the cobalt blue too, but they were casualties of my order trimming! I'm not sure I really need even what I got, probably have something similar already to be honest. If I hadn't already got an order open, I'd for sure have skipped them.

I don't like the FTLOP either. I was worried I might do as I'd just placed a PfD order, but other than the PfD I'm not keen and even that is okay, but not worth hunting down second hand.

We could do with some nice garden furniture, only have some white plastic chairs (that are really dirty atm) and a table that's full of crap and old potted plants (mostly dead). Should probably clean the chairs at least, but in all fairness, our garden is southwest facing and it gets really hot in this weather, so don't think anyone really wants to sit outside. Better off putting a blanket on the lawn in the shade. That's my excuse for not cleaning the chairs anyway, hahaha!

I do need to buy a new rotary airer though as my 19-year-old one has rusted away and the bottom of the pole broke off, so now it only goes up chest high which is awkward and doesn't allow for bedding to be hung out. I was going to order one from Argos, but waited too long and it's now out of stock or only available for pick up, and I really don't want to go out to collect it. Also it's 50 quid. Meh.

Anitacska

Oo, hope your spiders haven't reappeared! I'm doing well thanks, just not polishing my nails much (and for some reason didn't get the usual notification that there were new posts) so I haven't been on here for a bit. They're not naked, it's just my manis last forever when I'm not out of the house at all, I think they must chip on keys or something! I'm still working full time from home, and I am jealous of all the people who have managed to revamp homes and gardens with all their spare time. We did gut the garden last weekend, hence the urge to buy a bistro set or something so we can use it, that was just because of my garden envy! At the moment, I try to pop onto our stairs and sit on an upturned box for 20 minutes mid-morning to try to take the prison pallor off me!
I was going to hold off on Glam till I'd seen PPU, but then I just did it, I think they go up for wishlisting tomorrow, nothing I've seen so far on blogs has called to me though, but to be fair I haven't seen many of them.
I'm thoroughly jealous of your PfD order!

No more spiders thankfully. Well, we've found another 6 or so over the last few days, but nothing for a day or two now. They must have come in from outside as if there was a nest somewhere, I'm sure there'd be more. But they were tiny little things, like ants, so it wasn't too gross.

My nails chip within 2 days no matter what. They're in a shocking state too, nails that weren't peeling started to peel again and the already peeling ones are worse than ever. I don't know if it's down to my basecoat (I've been using Tonic French Undies since I can't get Nailtiques atm, and somebody said it made her nails peel too) or more frequent handwashing (I don't usually use handsoap unless my hands are filthy or greasy, but now with the virus I obviously do) and sanitising, but they just look awful. I have bought some nails & hair vitamin supplements from Tesco and just ordered OPI Nail Envy, so hopefully that'll help. My hair has been falling out a lot too, so maybe I have some deficiency. I do have underactive thyroid, but that's under control with medication and it's not a new thing.

Anitacska

I have well and truly fallen off the wagon now, I ordered from EdM too as she had her anniversary sale. Only 20%, but with free shipping to Stackry it was worth buying, plus she had some mystery sample trios for $15 per 3, so i got 2 of those too. Again I hadn't bought from her since last year, so I had a big backlog. But I figured I might as well with the deals and Stackry in use again. I will wait until the next Tonic collection before I order from them too.

I will post some manis in a bit, it's quiet here at the moment, my older two are at their dad's and my youngest is in his "tower".

Anitacska

First mani is Frenzy Polish We're All Mad Here with Topshop Asher & Fire (2013 untried):

IMG_20200521_145037157.jpg

IMG_20200521_145126008.jpg

Next is Lacquer Lust Tanzanite with Illyrian Magic Charm. The Lacquer Lust was nearly a one coater and the Illyrian is so pretty. Really loved this mani.

IMG_20200523_124745354.jpg

IMG_20200523_120633802.jpg

This is Femme Fatale Arrival of Venus with Hits MTV Collection Rainbow Party (2013 untried)

IMG_20200525_132327913.jpg

IMG_20200525_132359719.jpg

Next is Layla Coffee Love (2013 untried) with FUN Lacquer Storm. Ugh, I hated this. They seemed much closer in colour when I swatched them, but completely different on the nails. Also they Layla is so hard to work with and shows off every little imperfection (and I have a lot). The FUN was okay, but not with the Layla.

IMG_20200529_161337745.jpg

IMG_20200529_161437177.jpg

Anitacska

I was thinking... Lemming Lacquer takes part in PPU every month, so how come they're able to ship their stuff to PPU, but not fulfil other orders? Bit odd.

I ordered 2 Femme Fatales last night, cost me a grand total of £9. Not including shipping and customs, but they don't normally add up to much.

I'm pretty sure I'm only buying 3 from PPU, I like a few others, but none of them feel like must haves.

PearlyQueen

Oh that's a shame about the Illyrians. It's weird that Lemming hasn't shipped yet, don't they get pickups anyway? She shouldn't be selling if she's not delivering, she could just close her website until she's ready to fulfill the orders.

I see Illyrian hasn't done a restock lately. Didn't she say she was doing them every 2 weeks? Weird. Not that I would order, but I like to see what's available.
Yes, massively hacked off about the Illyrians, she marked it as $20, I would have expected the bill from customs to be a bit smaller... eg turn it to £16, 20% = £3.20 plus £8 handling but it was a couple of pounds higher than that. Hey ho, no arguing with customs :(
She's definitely gone AWOL again too, no contact on FB for weeks, no restocks...
Lemming lady has posted today again about having issues with depression plus getting stocks of bottles etc being difficult, my order shipped a few days ago and is moving through US at the moment. I also contacted Shleee as my order hasn't moved for over two weeks, she blamed delays at airports and said I should wait a while, hopefully they'll get here in the end.

PearlyQueen

I don't like the FTLOP either. I was worried I might do as I'd just placed a PfD order, but other than the PfD I'm not keen and even that is okay, but not worth hunting down second hand.

We could do with some nice garden furniture, only have some white plastic chairs (that are really dirty atm) and a table that's full of crap and old potted plants (mostly dead). Should probably clean the chairs at least, but in all fairness, our garden is southwest facing and it gets really hot in this weather, so don't think anyone really wants to sit outside. Better off putting a blanket on the lawn in the shade. That's my excuse for not cleaning the chairs anyway, hahaha!

I do need to buy a new rotary airer though as my 19-year-old one has rusted away and the bottom of the pole broke off, so now it only goes up chest high which is awkward and doesn't allow for bedding to be hung out. I was going to order one from Argos, but waited too long and it's now out of stock or only available for pick up, and I really don't want to go out to collect it. Also it's 50 quid. Meh.
FTLOP is the least appealing I've seen in ages! And PPU isn't doing anything for me either, I like a few, but not enough to order them. The Great Lakes is the only one really tempting me. Dreamland and Alchemy quite nice, PfD pretty but another green isn't really what I lust after!
Garden furniture would be nice, but another hefty vet bill this week says not for a while. Plus the weather's not what it was, so not too much of a hardship to wait. And my laptop has started playing up, could be a repair or replace soon, devastated :(
£50 sounds expensive for an airer, these things are always annoying to replace. I'm trying to avoid the outdoors too, I feel that!

PearlyQueen

No more spiders thankfully. Well, we've found another 6 or so over the last few days, but nothing for a day or two now. They must have come in from outside as if there was a nest somewhere, I'm sure there'd be more. But they were tiny little things, like ants, so it wasn't too gross.

My nails chip within 2 days no matter what. They're in a shocking state too, nails that weren't peeling started to peel again and the already peeling ones are worse than ever. I don't know if it's down to my basecoat (I've been using Tonic French Undies since I can't get Nailtiques atm, and somebody said it made her nails peel too) or more frequent handwashing (I don't usually use handsoap unless my hands are filthy or greasy, but now with the virus I obviously do) and sanitising, but they just look awful. I have bought some nails & hair vitamin supplements from Tesco and just ordered OPI Nail Envy, so hopefully that'll help. My hair has been falling out a lot too, so maybe I have some deficiency. I do have underactive thyroid, but that's under control with medication and it's not a new thing.
Glad spiders haven't taken over your house! Hope your supplements help with hair and nails xx

PearlyQueen

I have well and truly fallen off the wagon now, I ordered from EdM too as she had her anniversary sale. Only 20%, but with free shipping to Stackry it was worth buying, plus she had some mystery sample trios for $15 per 3, so i got 2 of those too. Again I hadn't bought from her since last year, so I had a big backlog. But I figured I might as well with the deals and Stackry in use again. I will wait until the next Tonic collection before I order from them too.

I will post some manis in a bit, it's quiet here at the moment, my older two are at their dad's and my youngest is in his "tower".
I had a look at the EdM sale, the mystery bags were sold out though so I skipped the rest - would probably have fallen if the red bags were still available, she does nice reds. And though there are a few of her nice multichromes and flakies that I've had a small fancy for, 20% wasn't enough to get me hooked in.

PearlyQueen

First mani is Frenzy Polish We're All Mad Here with Topshop Asher & Fire (2013 untried):

View attachment 67687

View attachment 67688

Next is Lacquer Lust Tanzanite with Illyrian Magic Charm. The Lacquer Lust was nearly a one coater and the Illyrian is so pretty. Really loved this mani.

View attachment 67689

View attachment 67690

This is Femme Fatale Arrival of Venus with Hits MTV Collection Rainbow Party (2013 untried)

View attachment 67691

View attachment 67692

Next is Layla Coffee Love (2013 untried) with FUN Lacquer Storm. Ugh, I hated this. They seemed much closer in colour when I swatched them, but completely different on the nails. Also they Layla is so hard to work with and shows off every little imperfection (and I have a lot). The FUN was okay, but not with the Layla.

View attachment 67693

View attachment 67694
Lovely, I like your green mani, and LOVE Magic Charm.

Anitacska

Yes, massively hacked off about the Illyrians, she marked it as $20, I would have expected the bill from customs to be a bit smaller... eg turn it to £16, 20% = £3.20 plus £8 handling but it was a couple of pounds higher than that. Hey ho, no arguing with customs :(
She's definitely gone AWOL again too, no contact on FB for weeks, no restocks...
Lemming lady has posted today again about having issues with depression plus getting stocks of bottles etc being difficult, my order shipped a few days ago and is moving through US at the moment. I also contacted Shleee as my order hasn't moved for over two weeks, she blamed delays at airports and said I should wait a while, hopefully they'll get here in the end.

Customs are always annoying, especially when they seem higher than you expected.

Hope your packages will arrive soon. My PfDs are now at Stackry, but my EdM tracking has been saying pre-shipment for 3 days, yet some people have already received theirs. I ordered pretty quickly, so should've been one of the first orders to be sent out. Hope it's just a tracking issue.

Anitacska

FTLOP is the least appealing I've seen in ages! And PPU isn't doing anything for me either, I like a few, but not enough to order them. The Great Lakes is the only one really tempting me. Dreamland and Alchemy quite nice, PfD pretty but another green isn't really what I lust after!
Garden furniture would be nice, but another hefty vet bill this week says not for a while. Plus the weather's not what it was, so not too much of a hardship to wait. And my laptop has started playing up, could be a repair or replace soon, devastated :(
£50 sounds expensive for an airer, these things are always annoying to replace. I'm trying to avoid the outdoors too, I feel that!

I cleaned my garden chairs! Just in time for the weather to turn pants, lol. Oh well, at least it's done. I ordered and picked up the airer from Argos (it's in my local Sainsbury's and I had to go pick up my son's prescription anyway). Yes, sadly it was £50, but it seemed to be the standard price for a 4 arm rotary airer. Oh well, needed it, so not much I can do about it. My spending last 2 months has really low as I mostly only bought food, so I've actually saved some money for a change! I only just filled up my car with petrol last Friday for the first time since before the lockdown. I only drive to Sainsbury's locally and to the one 10 minutes' drive away for my click+collect order, plus to the ex's and he lives 3 minutes away.

Sorry to hear about the vet bill and your laptop, hope neither is serious.

Anitacska

I had a look at the EdM sale, the mystery bags were sold out though so I skipped the rest - would probably have fallen if the red bags were still available, she does nice reds. And though there are a few of her nice multichromes and flakies that I've had a small fancy for, 20% wasn't enough to get me hooked in.

With the US free shipping and the cheap mystery bags it was worth it for me, but I do love EdM very much, so I was happy to spend a bit.

I only got 3 from PPU as planned: PfD, Nvr Enuff and Ethereal. My May order is due next week, hope they don't forget the Girly Bits they owe me from April.

I'm thinking of buying another Helmer as my storage is very full again. Even though I'm not buying loads nowadays, once I receive my Stackry package, I won't be able to fit my new polishes in their brands' current drawers. I want to move all the brands that I only have a few polishes from out of the Alexes and into the new Helmer and have the other brands properly sorted in the Alexes. Especially Tonics, PfDs, EdMs, but there are a good few other brands that I have 100+ from and would like to store them in their own dedicated drawers. After rearranging a few times, everything is a bit out of place at the moment. Ideally I would love another Alex, but I don't plan on buying another 1000 polishes to fill it up and it's so expensive, especially with delivery. It would be £135 delivered as opposed to £39 for the Helmer.

Anitacska

Here are some mani pictures, first up is KBShimmer Better Lake Than Never with Femme Fatale Horrorland. I liked both polishes, but the KBShimmer was so glowy!

IMG_20200527_125731305.jpg

IMG_20200527_130541808.jpg

IMG_20200527_125818782.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Poser with Enchanted Polish Tenderheart (2013 untried)

IMG_20200531_122727922.jpg

IMG_20200531_122849149.jpg

This is Colors by Llarowe Rapture with Topshop 3D (2013 untried)

IMG_20200602_134516488.jpg

IMG_20200602_134554727.jpg

Finally, this is Emily de Molly Made of Emotion with Darling Diva Baby Got Back (2013 untried). I really liked this one. Interestingly the EdM is almost identical to the Girly Bits that I have on my toes, so I had matching mani/pedi for 2 days. Not that anyone could see it as it's really cold here now, so not flip flop weather anymore.

IMG_20200604_122607924.jpg

IMG_20200604_122752987.jpg

Anitacska

Nail mail! My tiny May PPU order (plus the Girly Bits from April). I forgot to include the 3 cuticle pens I got from Different Dimension.

20200610_132155.jpg

Still waiting for the my 2 EPs and 1 FF from the HHC group buy, but the organiser hasn't been brave enough to venture to the post office yet. I can't blame her.

Latest posts