Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Mani pics at last!
bf1 5.jpg bf1 3.jpg ?hash=5f52150dc28bc8a9b9e5145a4378617e.jpg
Illyrian Polish BF1 (in all honesty it mostly looked like the darkest thumb colour in the first picture)
reign damson dream 1.jpg reign damson dream 3.jpg ?hash=5f52150dc28bc8a9b9e5145a4378617e.jpg
Indigo Bananas Reign over No 7 Damson Dream
The second was a real pain to finalise, but worth it in the end! I started with 2 coats of DD, and one coat of Indigo Bananas Spectraflare 20 on accent nail. Started top coating the others and realised there were patchy bits. Waited for SF20 to dry - and looked horrible! Totally covered the colour and in my normal lighting looked like badly applied primer (horrible little thin brushes on those SFs). Painted third coat of DD over all nails, tried SF14 on the accent instead. A bit better than 20, but mostly just pink tinted grey again. It was a bit neater though! The SF looked really cool under spots but not in normal light. Stopped to think what to do next. During the break, dinged most of the nails due to lack of drying on DD. Decided to start over, dug out load of toppers to try, figured red or pink or silver or gold would work. Tested before stripping nails so second attempt would be final! Nails Inc Trafalgar Square red glitter - completely dried out. Binned. Beauty UK red glitter - completely dried out, never even used. Binned. Jessica Lucky Star red glitter - pretty nearly dried out. Never used. Abandoned, I'm going to fill it up with topcoat and try to rescue it as it's the final red glitter topper I have. Gave up on red toppers. Moved to pink! Nails Inc Chelsea - completely dried out. Never used. Binned. Finally got 4 to test - Indigo Bananas Reign, Polish Me Silly Bombshell, Nails Inc Glamour Glitter, Nails Inc Silver Caviar. PMS and Silver Caviar both looked unattractve with DD, GG was OK, Reign was lovely! Stripped everything and started again. DD was nearly empty! Just about managed a 3-coat mani with it, topped with Reign, love the outcome!
So I finished a nail polish it was only a 4ml)! Chucked 3 toppers out. I think a lot more of my toppers have also dried out, most of them untrieds. But I'll deal with them as I go. It's quite annoying - all were sealed, but I think the glitter ate the liquid! Epic manicure session finally over, but Reign is a million times better as a topper than on its own!
If you made it through epic moan above your reward is - kitten pics! byron 1.jpg byron 2.jpg byron and shelley.jpg byron feet.jpg

Attachments

• bf1 1.jpg
    bf1 1.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 0
  • reign damson dream 2.jpg
    reign damson dream 2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1

Anitacska

I was just coming to say good news, the dentist says the gum has tightened up around the tooth, so I get to keep it for now. I'm just relieved it won't cost me a fortune, not for now anyway. I'm thinking of rewarding myself with a perfume I've been eyeing up on eBay, although I don't have much in my Paypal account, especially as I bought the Lilypad from HHC this morning, plus I bought a Tonic from someone who got it as a duplicate from the recent mystery bag sale. And I've asked to have my Stackry box consolidated, so I will need to pay for that today.

Here's the Tonic I bought, Vaudeville Venom. I passed on it initially as I wasn't sure about it, but it's pretty nice. It's a bit darker than my pictures show and swatches even darker (and it's almost a one coater).

IMG_20200713_160645316.jpg

IMG_20200713_160811262.jpg

I moved my overflow EPs, Vapids and WingDusts into the new Helmer, now all my indies are in my bedroom, only the mainstreams are in the spare room or the living room.

Anitacska

Mani pics at last!
View attachment 67826 View attachment 67827 View attachment 67835
Illyrian Polish BF1 (in all honesty it mostly looked like the darkest thumb colour in the first picture)
View attachment 67828 View attachment 67830 View attachment 67836
Indigo Bananas Reign over No 7 Damson Dream
The second was a real pain to finalise, but worth it in the end! I started with 2 coats of DD, and one coat of Indigo Bananas Spectraflare 20 on accent nail. Started top coating the others and realised there were patchy bits. Waited for SF20 to dry - and looked horrible! Totally covered the colour and in my normal lighting looked like badly applied primer (horrible little thin brushes on those SFs). Painted third coat of DD over all nails, tried SF14 on the accent instead. A bit better than 20, but mostly just pink tinted grey again. It was a bit neater though! The SF looked really cool under spots but not in normal light. Stopped to think what to do next. During the break, dinged most of the nails due to lack of drying on DD. Decided to start over, dug out load of toppers to try, figured red or pink or silver or gold would work. Tested before stripping nails so second attempt would be final! Nails Inc Trafalgar Square red glitter - completely dried out. Binned. Beauty UK red glitter - completely dried out, never even used. Binned. Jessica Lucky Star red glitter - pretty nearly dried out. Never used. Abandoned, I'm going to fill it up with topcoat and try to rescue it as it's the final red glitter topper I have. Gave up on red toppers. Moved to pink! Nails Inc Chelsea - completely dried out. Never used. Binned. Finally got 4 to test - Indigo Bananas Reign, Polish Me Silly Bombshell, Nails Inc Glamour Glitter, Nails Inc Silver Caviar. PMS and Silver Caviar both looked unattractve with DD, GG was OK, Reign was lovely! Stripped everything and started again. DD was nearly empty! Just about managed a 3-coat mani with it, topped with Reign, love the outcome!
So I finished a nail polish it was only a 4ml)! Chucked 3 toppers out. I think a lot more of my toppers have also dried out, most of them untrieds. But I'll deal with them as I go. It's quite annoying - all were sealed, but I think the glitter ate the liquid! Epic manicure session finally over, but Reign is a million times better as a topper than on its own!
If you made it through epic moan above your reward is - kitten pics! View attachment 67831 View attachment 67832 View attachment 67833 View attachment 67834

Aaw, such a cutie! What's he called? And I love the picture with your other cat. Sorry, can't remember names. I also can't remember if you have 1 or 2 other cats.

We had a visitor last Wednesday and then daily after that, a lovely ginger and white boy. At first I thought he might be lost as he just suddenly appeared, but after texting the number on his tag I found out that they recently moved into the neighbourhood. He decided to come over and make friends with our cats, unfortunately both Paws and Fluff were realy nasty to him, howling at him and attacking him, so now he seems to have given up. Such a shame as he's a really sweet cat, but clearly mine were just too protective of their territory.

Nice manis! I don't have BF1, I bought BF2. I used to have Reign, but apparently I sold it? I can't even remember. Wow, that was quite an ordeal! I usually test colours on a swatch wheel before applying, but sometimes they still don't look that great together. I usually just suck it up as I do a new mani every 2 days anyway. Sorry about the dried out toppers, that's happened to me a few times too. I usually throw them out unless I really like them. I saved Orly Mirrorball and an old Femme Fatale glitterbomb because they were just too pretty to chuck out, but I can't be bothered with cheapo polishes like Models Own (terrible for drying out even if still sealed). I think I have a few very gloopy KBShimmer crellies, but haven't invested any time or thinner in them yet.

PearlyQueen

I was just coming to say good news, the dentist says the gum has tightened up around the tooth, so I get to keep it for now. I'm just relieved it won't cost me a fortune, not for now anyway. I'm thinking of rewarding myself with a perfume I've been eyeing up on eBay, although I don't have much in my Paypal account, especially as I bought the Lilypad from HHC this morning, plus I bought a Tonic from someone who got it as a duplicate from the recent mystery bag sale. And I've asked to have my Stackry box consolidated, so I will need to pay for that today.

Here's the Tonic I bought, Vaudeville Venom. I passed on it initially as I wasn't sure about it, but it's pretty nice. It's a bit darker than my pictures show and swatches even darker (and it's almost a one coater).

View attachment 67837

View attachment 67838

I moved my overflow EPs, Vapids and WingDusts into the new Helmer, now all my indies are in my bedroom, only the mainstreams are in the spare room or the living room.
Great news on dentist!
Hope you love the Lilypad, I know it appeals to me! And Tonic is lovely. Nice to keep your indies together! They might get lonely otherwise!

PearlyQueen

Aaw, such a cutie! What's he called? And I love the picture with your other cat. Sorry, can't remember names. I also can't remember if you have 1 or 2 other cats.

We had a visitor last Wednesday and then daily after that, a lovely ginger and white boy. At first I thought he might be lost as he just suddenly appeared, but after texting the number on his tag I found out that they recently moved into the neighbourhood. He decided to come over and make friends with our cats, unfortunately both Paws and Fluff were realy nasty to him, howling at him and attacking him, so now he seems to have given up. Such a shame as he's a really sweet cat, but clearly mine were just too protective of their territory.

Nice manis! I don't have BF1, I bought BF2. I used to have Reign, but apparently I sold it? I can't even remember. Wow, that was quite an ordeal! I usually test colours on a swatch wheel before applying, but sometimes they still don't look that great together. I usually just suck it up as I do a new mani every 2 days anyway. Sorry about the dried out toppers, that's happened to me a few times too. I usually throw them out unless I really like them. I saved Orly Mirrorball and an old Femme Fatale glitterbomb because they were just too pretty to chuck out, but I can't be bothered with cheapo polishes like Models Own (terrible for drying out even if still sealed). I think I have a few very gloopy KBShimmer crellies, but haven't invested any time or thinner in them yet.
He is very cute, his name is Byron and he's with Shelley (we call Byron mini me!). I just have those two, obviously it used to be Shelley and Morpheus. Your visitor sounds cute, I always remember a few years ago a stunning spotty Bengal appeared on my bed, Morph hounded him out immediately (I wanted to steal him he was soooo beautiful!).
I should probably buy a swatch wheel I could re-use for tests - might save another day like that! I've obviously had dried out glitters before, but four in a row was really irritating! And not just gone thick, but gone totally dry. I've always blamed myself for not sealing them tight enough but not this time. I guess I just don't use them enough, I think the drawer will be half empty by the time I check the rest!

Anitacska

My Stackry package is here already! It was only picked up on Tuesday afternoon. So far no customs, but I only declared $16, so shouldn't be anyway. I will post pictures later (children permitting), but wanted to say that I got all 4 PfDs I asked for and only got one duplicate which is the June PPU one, Seas the Day. It's pretty, but I don't need 2, so if you want it Anne, let me know. If not, I will try to sell it.

Annoyingly one of my EdMs is missing. I don't know if they didn't include it or someone took it, but I asked for a replacement anyway. I buy loads from her, I'm sure she can afford to send me a $10 replacement polish.

PearlyQueen

My Stackry package is here already! It was only picked up on Tuesday afternoon. So far no customs, but I only declared $16, so shouldn't be anyway. I will post pictures later (children permitting), but wanted to say that I got all 4 PfDs I asked for and only got one duplicate which is the June PPU one, Seas the Day. It's pretty, but I don't need 2, so if you want it Anne, let me know. If not, I will try to sell it.

Annoyingly one of my EdMs is missing. I don't know if they didn't include it or someone took it, but I asked for a replacement anyway. I buy loads from her, I'm sure she can afford to send me a $10 replacement polish.
Hi Anita - that was quick! My Illyrians got to UK sharpish as well, but they've gone into that black hole between Heathrow and Royal Mail, no idea if that means charges coming or not, could go either way! Great news about your PfDs, pleased you are happy with them. Seas the Day - was that the green one? If so I'm not bothered about it, feel free to sell on! Annoying when polishes are missing (even more so when you don't notice for ages!!!) - hope she sorts it out.
Look forward to the pics later!
x

Anitacska

Hi Anita - that was quick! My Illyrians got to UK sharpish as well, but they've gone into that black hole between Heathrow and Royal Mail, no idea if that means charges coming or not, could go either way! Great news about your PfDs, pleased you are happy with them. Seas the Day - was that the green one? If so I'm not bothered about it, feel free to sell on! Annoying when polishes are missing (even more so when you don't notice for ages!!!) - hope she sorts it out.
Look forward to the pics later!
x

Yes, it is the seafoam green one. It's pretty, but I know you're not that into greens. That's fine. As I said, I'll be happy to decant any that you are interested in. Just Keep Swimming is really pretty in person btw, I'm glad I got it. I've taken pictures, will post them soon, just waiting for them to upload now.

Good(ish) news about the Illyrians. Hope you don't get stung. Speaking of Illyrians, I see she's done another restock. Such random polishes though. Also, someone posted a screenshot of Vanessa saying she was going to take part in PPU in August, do you know if that's still the case? I'm just surprised because I know that at least one PPU admin (Manna Berg) is very much against Illyrian taking part in PPU, but she's not actually one of the organisers. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

PearlyQueen

Yes, it is the seafoam green one. It's pretty, but I know you're not that into greens. That's fine. As I said, I'll be happy to decant any that you are interested in. Just Keep Swimming is really pretty in person btw, I'm glad I got it. I've taken pictures, will post them soon, just waiting for them to upload now.

Good(ish) news about the Illyrians. Hope you don't get stung. Speaking of Illyrians, I see she's done another restock. Such random polishes though. Also, someone posted a screenshot of Vanessa saying she was going to take part in PPU in August, do you know if that's still the case? I'm just surprised because I know that at least one PPU admin (Manna Berg) is very much against Illyrian taking part in PPU, but she's not actually one of the organisers. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Thanks for the offer though, hope you find a buyer. I'm definitely into a decant of JKS, I've regretting skipping it since the day PPU closed that month! I had no money and they had nothing else I wanted, but otherwise I'd have happily had it then, so grateful you got one and are happy to share!
The Illyrian restock was the Bring It Back poll winners pre-order only - I meant to post here though I was sure you wouldn't be interested, didn't get round to it! There was nothing for me in it, I have most and one or two I could have added to order but the two I added to the poll haven't even got a second vote, no chance they'll be back any time soon! There's another release in about 3 weeks, R&J 96 is the title, I'm guessing it's based on the Romeo & Juliet Baz Lurman movie from 1996, haven't posted any pics yet. Release date is 7th Aug. She hasn't said anything about PPU that I've seen, there were questions if she'd do the rewind in her store, she seemed interested but it didn't happen. I didn't know she'd pissed off the PPU admins! She's good at it, I'll give her that!

Anitacska

Thanks for the offer though, hope you find a buyer. I'm definitely into a decant of JKS, I've regretting skipping it since the day PPU closed that month! I had no money and they had nothing else I wanted, but otherwise I'd have happily had it then, so grateful you got one and are happy to share!
The Illyrian restock was the Bring It Back poll winners pre-order only - I meant to post here though I was sure you wouldn't be interested, didn't get round to it! There was nothing for me in it, I have most and one or two I could have added to order but the two I added to the poll haven't even got a second vote, no chance they'll be back any time soon! There's another release in about 3 weeks, R&J 96 is the title, I'm guessing it's based on the Romeo & Juliet Baz Lurman movie from 1996, haven't posted any pics yet. Release date is 7th Aug. She hasn't said anything about PPU that I've seen, there were questions if she'd do the rewind in her store, she seemed interested but it didn't happen. I didn't know she'd pissed off the PPU admins! She's good at it, I'll give her that!

Really, those are the most requested polishes to bring back? Meh. Which two did you request? Wow, an actual themed collection? Blimey! I don't think she could do the rewind in her store if she's not part of PPU anymore. I really hope they don't let her back in. She'd get a lot more exposure and she doesn't deserve it. (Although I see she's getting a bit better with shipping?)

Anitacska

Stunning! Especially the PfDs, but I like your others too! I also like the new Cupcake trio coming out... maybe next sale!

I only really like the orange one of the trio. She does very good BF sales, so I might get it then.

Finally some details have emerged about the new Tonic collection. They're releasing this Sunday. 10 new polishes, I like 6. I don't think I'll order right now, unless she has some discounts, but that's not likely.

EdM is sending a replacement for the missing polish to Stackry, so starting a new box. But although it's expensive, it's worth not having to worry about packages getting stuck at Chicago or Heathrow and also customs.

PearlyQueen

Really, those are the most requested polishes to bring back? Meh. Which two did you request? Wow, an actual themed collection? Blimey! I don't think she could do the rewind in her store if she's not part of PPU anymore. I really hope they don't let her back in. She'd get a lot more exposure and she doesn't deserve it. (Although I see she's getting a bit better with shipping?)
I know, some really weird options, many of which have been restocked multiple times! My requests were Fifth Element, which I am kicking myself for not buying - it was the mystery proto from when they brought out the Galaxy mystery bag. Someone posted a pic of the bottle when they got it and it's a stunning shade of blue with flakies. The other was Nostalgia, which is a nice purple flakie, was in the release when they had a load of sale polishes but sold out by the time I knew about the restock - not exactly an urgent need, but I was sad I'd missed it and immediately added both to the poll.
I was shocked she's doing a themed collection too! I'm hoping I don't like them... I've never seen the film so I don't know what sort of colours to expect. I just went a bit nuts and haggled with an Etsy seller who had a load of dresses I loved, he offered me a brilliant deal if I bought 7 and I agreed to it, so now very broke! I didn't realise she had to have agreement with PPU to bring back to her own store. I wouldn't mind if she came back to PPU though, I've bought far less from them since she dropped out, because I often only fancy 1. Shipping is still variable I reckon, the release i skipped had loads of complaints on site being moderated away on FB.

Anitacska

I know, some really weird options, many of which have been restocked multiple times! My requests were Fifth Element, which I am kicking myself for not buying - it was the mystery proto from when they brought out the Galaxy mystery bag. Someone posted a pic of the bottle when they got it and it's a stunning shade of blue with flakies. The other was Nostalgia, which is a nice purple flakie, was in the release when they had a load of sale polishes but sold out by the time I knew about the restock - not exactly an urgent need, but I was sad I'd missed it and immediately added both to the poll.
I was shocked she's doing a themed collection too! I'm hoping I don't like them... I've never seen the film so I don't know what sort of colours to expect. I just went a bit nuts and haggled with an Etsy seller who had a load of dresses I loved, he offered me a brilliant deal if I bought 7 and I agreed to it, so now very broke! I didn't realise she had to have agreement with PPU to bring back to her own store. I wouldn't mind if she came back to PPU though, I've bought far less from them since she dropped out, because I often only fancy 1. Shipping is still variable I reckon, the release i skipped had loads of complaints on site being moderated away on FB.

I don't have those, but if I spot them in a destash, I'll let you know. Ooh I love that film, with young Leo. :) Also the soundtrack is great, especially Love Fool by The Cardigans.

I finished swatching my untried Illyrians last night. I'll swatch my new PfDs next and then I think I'll do my EdMs instead of the Glams.

I've sold the extra PfD already, yay!

Anitacska

New mani (ruined my pretty red spilling topcoat on it trying to rescue that red glitter :( ) is Illyrian Polish Beetle:
View attachment 67860 View attachment 67855 View attachment 67856 View attachment 67857 View attachment 67858 View attachment 67859

Shame about ruining your red mani, but this is stunning! I definitely need a decant of Beetle. Did you at leats manage to salvage the red glitter polish?

I've been meaning to post my mani pictures, but I was so busy today. I decided to defrost the freezer and do the laundry at the same time, and then also dye my hair before cooking dinner. I'm pooped. But I will post some anyway, at least I've already cropped the pictures.

Anitacska

First mani is Glam Polish I'd Just as Soon Kiss a WOOKIEE! with Femme Fatale Focusing Iris.

IMG_20200708_120837517.jpg

IMG_20200708_134208713.jpg

IMG_20200708_120757132.jpg

Next is Glam Polish Break the Ice with Polished for Days Delphinium. A little bit more green than my pictures show (closest to the last picture).

IMG_20200710_134544061.jpg

IMG_20200710_134554801.jpg

IMG_20200710_134739256.jpg

This is Cynthia Rowley Pale Apricot (2013 untried) with Ciate Members Only that I frankened with adding ILNP Neon Rosebud to it. It was quite sheer, so I applied it on top of the Cynthia Rowley. I really liked this mani, much more than I expected. (Its true colour was closest to the last picture as well.)

IMG_20200712_122546327.jpg

IMG_20200712_122834773.jpg

IMG_20200712_122715135.jpg

Anitacska

More manis. This is Girly Bits Through the Looking Glass with one of my own franken polishes (I made this from scratch).

IMG_20200714_114052834.jpg

IMG_20200714_114120369.jpg

IMG_20200714_114156659.jpg

Next is Colors by Llarowe Santa Baby topped with Bear Pawlish Light My Fire on the accents (very season appropriate, lol).

IMG_20200716_113259471.jpg

IMG_20200716_125034415.jpg

Finally, this is Tonic Polish Light of Lyra topped with Illyrian Polish Dynamite With a Laserbeam on the accents.

IMG_20200718_112816257.jpg

IMG_20200718_112829390.jpg

IMG_20200718_112936210.jpg

Anitacska

I'm a bit bored and actually have some time, so here's today's mani: Enchanted Polish Icelandic Sky with Bow Polish Born Again Holo (magnetic) both over black. The idea was to make it look like the Northern Lights over some trees, and it ties in really well with the EP's name. I like it, although the stamping isn't the best.

IMG_20200720_112317123.jpg

IMG_20200720_112326031.jpg

IMG_20200720_112349236.jpg

IMG_20200720_112425025.jpg

IMG_20200720_112542162.jpg

Latest posts