Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Hi Anita, just a heads-up in case you missed it that there is a Tonic pre-order going on at Girly Bits:

EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT🌟🌟

We are thrilled to welcome Tonic Polish back to the Girly Bits shop!

⭐️ We will be offering the new Summer 2020 collection, and there will be a restock on some of the older shades.

⭐️ As soon as we have the listings ready the pre-order will be open! (Possibly as early as late tomorrow, July 19th, but more than likely it will be Monday the 20th.)
⭐️ The pre-order window will close July 24th so Tonic can get the package going before they open up their own shop for orders. (YAY!)
⭐️ We will automatically combine orders placed during this pre-order, and shipping will be refunded when your order ships.
⭐️ Due to the inconsistency in international shipping times at the moment, I can not guarantee a specific date for shipping but I would guess about 4 weeks. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of packages clearing customs, but as soon as they arrive in house, I update the website and shipping begins immediately.
⭐️ What other Tonic polishes would you like me to add to this pre-order? Make your requests below👇🏻and if they are available, we will bring them in!

Not sure if it's of interest and you probably spotted it anyway but thought I'd share!

PearlyQueen

Shame about ruining your red mani, but this is stunning! I definitely need a decant of Beetle. Did you at leats manage to salvage the red glitter polish?

I've been meaning to post my mani pictures, but I was so busy today. I decided to defrost the freezer and do the laundry at the same time, and then also dye my hair before cooking dinner. I'm pooped. But I will post some anyway, at least I've already cropped the pictures.
Yes, you do need a decant! Not a problem. I didn't manage to save the glitter unfortunately, the mass spillage was because every time I tried to pour into the bottle, the damn thing just backed up at the neck and spilled over, then I'd use the brush to try to poke a hole in it so it could run down/break the vaccuum seal or whatever the issue was, but it just overflowed. I was using an old topcoat for this as I stopped using all but HK Girl a long time ago, but I do have a refill bottle of HK Girl on hand and at a later time I will see if the nozzle fitting on that helps me do the business. I had hoped not to do that as I use that all the time and I'd rather clear out the oldies. But i was covered in top coat and glitter by the time i gave up so I decided to leave it for the time being. I think I got a little bit into the bottle so hopefully enough to stave off drying out completely for now.

PearlyQueen

First mani is Glam Polish I'd Just as Soon Kiss a WOOKIEE! with Femme Fatale Focusing Iris.

View attachment 67873

View attachment 67874

View attachment 67875

Next is Glam Polish Break the Ice with Polished for Days Delphinium. A little bit more green than my pictures show (closest to the last picture).

View attachment 67876

View attachment 67877

View attachment 67878

This is Cynthia Rowley Pale Apricot (2013 untried) with Ciate Members Only that I frankened with adding ILNP Neon Rosebud to it. It was quite sheer, so I applied it on top of the Cynthia Rowley. I really liked this mani, much more than I expected. (Its true colour was closest to the last picture as well.)

View attachment 67879

View attachment 67880

View attachment 67881
The sparkly ff is cute, Delphinium is gorgeous!

PearlyQueen

More manis. This is Girly Bits Through the Looking Glass with one of my own franken polishes (I made this from scratch).

View attachment 67882

View attachment 67883

View attachment 67884

Next is Colors by Llarowe Santa Baby topped with Bear Pawlish Light My Fire on the accents (very season appropriate, lol).

View attachment 67885

View attachment 67886

Finally, this is Tonic Polish Light of Lyra topped with Illyrian Polish Dynamite With a Laserbeam on the accents.

View attachment 67887

View attachment 67888

View attachment 67889
OMG that last mani is gorgeous - love, love, love!!!
And the red is really pretty, especially the Bear. Slightly underwhelmed by Santa Baby though, nice colour but I expected more bling from it - it's in my "wear fairly soon" mountain (ie in the next five years...).
Your franken looks good too1

PearlyQueen

I'm a bit bored and actually have some time, so here's today's mani: Enchanted Polish Icelandic Sky with Bow Polish Born Again Holo (magnetic) both over black. The idea was to make it look like the Northern Lights over some trees, and it ties in really well with the EP's name. I like it, although the stamping isn't the best.

View attachment 67890

View attachment 67891

View attachment 67892

View attachment 67893

View attachment 67894
That looks exactly like you hoped - really clever! The Bow is very effective for the Northern Lights effect. Well done!

Anitacska

Hi Anita, just a heads-up in case you missed it that there is a Tonic pre-order going on at Girly Bits:

EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT🌟🌟

We are thrilled to welcome Tonic Polish back to the Girly Bits shop!

⭐ We will be offering the new Summer 2020 collection, and there will be a restock on some of the older shades.

⭐ As soon as we have the listings ready the pre-order will be open! (Possibly as early as late tomorrow, July 19th, but more than likely it will be Monday the 20th.)
⭐ The pre-order window will close July 24th so Tonic can get the package going before they open up their own shop for orders. (YAY!)
⭐ We will automatically combine orders placed during this pre-order, and shipping will be refunded when your order ships.
⭐ Due to the inconsistency in international shipping times at the moment, I can not guarantee a specific date for shipping but I would guess about 4 weeks. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of packages clearing customs, but as soon as they arrive in house, I update the website and shipping begins immediately.
⭐ What other Tonic polishes would you like me to add to this pre-order? Make your requests below👇🏻and if they are available, we will bring them in!

Not sure if it's of interest and you probably spotted it anyway but thought I'd share!

Thanks. Yes, I have seen it, but didn't really check properly and in the group she's offering 10% if you order in the first 48 hours. I think I might do it. Shipping isn't that cheap, but I've never been hit by customs on anything from Girly Bits, so going forward this might be a great option. Shame they don't have the older collection, but I can always get that from Tonic at a later date.

Anitacska

Yes, you do need a decant! Not a problem. I didn't manage to save the glitter unfortunately, the mass spillage was because every time I tried to pour into the bottle, the damn thing just backed up at the neck and spilled over, then I'd use the brush to try to poke a hole in it so it could run down/break the vaccuum seal or whatever the issue was, but it just overflowed. I was using an old topcoat for this as I stopped using all but HK Girl a long time ago, but I do have a refill bottle of HK Girl on hand and at a later time I will see if the nozzle fitting on that helps me do the business. I had hoped not to do that as I use that all the time and I'd rather clear out the oldies. But i was covered in top coat and glitter by the time i gave up so I decided to leave it for the time being. I think I got a little bit into the bottle so hopefully enough to stave off drying out completely for now.

Do you have any nail polish thinner? I would definitely try that first and then add some topcoat to it once you've managed to get it to a better consistency. That's how I saved a very dried up old glitter Femme Fatale. Actually instead of topcoat I used suspension base, but I'm sure topcoat would be okay too.

Anitacska

OMG that last mani is gorgeous - love, love, love!!!
And the red is really pretty, especially the Bear. Slightly underwhelmed by Santa Baby though, nice colour but I expected more bling from it - it's in my "wear fairly soon" mountain (ie in the next five years...).
Your franken looks good too1

Thanks. Yeah, the CbL was slightly underwhelming. It wasn't a very sunny that day, so I took some pictures with flash too and even that's a bit meh.

IMG_20200716_113402201.jpg

Anitacska

To my surprise I actually like a few of the new Glams. I think I will probably order and might add a few polishes to it from past collections that I didn't get. Anne, would you mind letting me know what polishes you've ordered from Glam in the last 6 months or so please? That way I could only get the ones you don't have. Not sure where to order from as there are a few I like that are only available from the main shop. Since my Stackry box is in use again, I guess I could send it there. Shame there's no free shipping from the main store, iirc it adds up quite quickly for a largeish order.

Luckily I only like a few PPUs again this month (Girly Bits, EdM, PfD, Different Dimension). Haven't seen anything about the FTLOP box or Femme Fatale August collection, hopefully I won't like any of those.

PearlyQueen

I haven't ordered that many Glams this year:
VULNERA SANENTUR​
The Crystal Of Truth​
Lord Of The Crystal​
The Mage​
Rewrite The Stars​
Your Eyes Can Be So Cruel​
Please Don't Read My Mind​
Splish Splash​
Sandy Toes Anything Goes​
Are You Still... "Grrr"?​
The last one is on pre-order, delivery September. I'm kind of surprised it's so few, I've been good obviously! I'm not planning to order this month either. I contemplated a couple (I’m Not Bad, I’m Just Drawn That Way and 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨, 𝐆𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐨!) but I don't think I'm going to jump because I bought garden furniture yesterday! (Have you seen what that did to the weather???) So not much spending money on hand. I haven't seen much of PPU, though I like the look of a couple of them (Cupcake, Great Lakes) so might buy. The EP I preordered from RC came yesterday, it's very pretty. Stackry does add up but the chance to buy all you want might make up for it - the UK store is pretty annoying, it's a one time deal to order things from them and no chance at the main store's sale prices. That's why I've started ordering single polishes, assuming I might want more before they ship.

Anitacska

I haven't ordered that many Glams this year:
VULNERA SANENTUR​
The Crystal Of Truth​
Lord Of The Crystal​
The Mage​
Rewrite The Stars​
Your Eyes Can Be So Cruel​
Please Don't Read My Mind​
Splish Splash​
Sandy Toes Anything Goes​
Are You Still... "Grrr"?​
The last one is on pre-order, delivery September. I'm kind of surprised it's so few, I've been good obviously! I'm not planning to order this month either. I contemplated a couple (I’m Not Bad, I’m Just Drawn That Way and 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨, 𝐆𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐨!) but I don't think I'm going to jump because I bought garden furniture yesterday! (Have you seen what that did to the weather???) So not much spending money on hand. I haven't seen much of PPU, though I like the look of a couple of them (Cupcake, Great Lakes) so might buy. The EP I preordered from RC came yesterday, it's very pretty. Stackry does add up but the chance to buy all you want might make up for it - the UK store is pretty annoying, it's a one time deal to order things from them and no chance at the main store's sale prices. That's why I've started ordering single polishes, assuming I might want more before they ship.

Oh this is cool! I really want The Mage and Rewrite the Stars, so I can cross those off my list. These are the ones I like that are not in the UK shop, but the shipping to Stackry is $8.80 and that's really putting me off. So I think I might just not bother with ordering from the main store (The Mage is by far my favourite anyway). I think it's a shame she doesn't offer any shipping discount, I played around with the basket contents and for a nearly $300 order you're charged $20 shipping. I know she's in Australia and it costs her a lot to ship to the US, but equally her prices in US$ are way higher than the AUD$ equivalent. EdM can offer a shipping discount, so why can't she?

Screenshot 2020-07-25 15.18.17.png

I also really like Amortentia, but it's sold out in the main store, so that's that.

Screenshot 2020-07-25 15.27.36.png

Luckily for you, those are 2 of the new polishes I want to get, plus Snakes... Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? and Are We Going to Prom or Hell? So you can put those on your swap list. :) I like a few older ones too, will let you know which ones once I've ordered.

Anitacska

Well, I like the FTLOP box, two of the polishes anyway, not that keen on the Pahlish, but I must have the PfD. I probably wouldn't order if I didn't already have my Stackry box open, but since I do, I might as well.

Bit disappointed about the upcoming Different Dimension collection. I mean it's good that I can save money, but I was looking forward to it and the anniversary sale, but none of the new colours are must haves. I do like the flakie ones, but I'm sure I have similar ones already. Oh well, money saved.

Anitacska

Time for some mani photos. First up is Emily de Molly Royal Dye with Elevation Polish Tre Crime di Lavaredo and Darling Diva Tilasha (H). I loved this mani so much. Multichrome, holo and flakes, what else can you ask for? Oh and purple, lol.

IMG_20200722_101246843.jpg

IMG_20200722_101315363.jpg

IMG_20200722_101311535.jpg

IMG_20200722_101306480.jpg

IMG_20200722_101405625.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Iridescent Skies with Femme Fatale Sea Glimmer. This was another really pretty mani, both polishes are so gorgeous.

IMG_20200724_122717817.jpg

IMG_20200724_122729962.jpg

IMG_20200724_125150530.jpg

IMG_20200724_125413096.jpg

The last picture is to show how purple the base colour was actually.

I also did a pedi, it's Different Dimension Whatchu Talkin' 'Bout Willis.

IMG_20200723_140507733.jpg

Anitacska

Some more manis. First is FUN Lacquer Spring Snowflake with Nails Inc Rosemoor Street (over black). The Nails Inc was a 2013 untried. I wasn't keen on the FUN, it was a meh colour.

IMG_20200726_114339475.jpg

IMG_20200726_114432149.jpg

Next mani is Takko Hug Life with Polished for Days Just Keep Swimming. I put the PfD over the Takko because even with 3 coats it's a bit sheer. To be honest, it's pretty, but it isn't as gorgeous as it is in the bottle.

IMG_20200728_103033517.jpg

IMG_20200728_103007008.jpg

IMG_20200728_103013948.jpg

IMG_20200728_103112254.jpg

My current mani is CrowsToes Damned If You Don't (original) with Glam Polish Corpse Bride. I like this mani a lot.

IMG_20200730_123624451.jpg

IMG_20200730_123636117.jpg

IMG_20200730_123923349.jpg

IMG_20200730_123755285.jpg

PearlyQueen

Well, I like the FTLOP box, two of the polishes anyway, not that keen on the Pahlish, but I must have the PfD. I probably wouldn't order if I didn't already have my Stackry box open, but since I do, I might as well.

Bit disappointed about the upcoming Different Dimension collection. I mean it's good that I can save money, but I was looking forward to it and the anniversary sale, but none of the new colours are must haves. I do like the flakie ones, but I'm sure I have similar ones already. Oh well, money saved.
Ha ha, I of course like the same two, and not the Pahlish, but I'll be skipping this - overspent on furniture and have a few non-polish things I'd like to buy soon-ish. And awaiting PPU with interest. And the R&J 96 collection from Illyrian. WHY IS THERE NEVER ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED MY ADDICTION??????
Not a big DD fan, stopped buying them some time ago but not especially taken with these ones either.

PearlyQueen

Time for some mani photos. First up is Emily de Molly Royal Dye with Elevation Polish Tre Crime di Lavaredo and Darling Diva Tilasha (H). I loved this mani so much. Multichrome, holo and flakes, what else can you ask for? Oh and purple, lol.

View attachment 67906

View attachment 67907

View attachment 67908

View attachment 67909

View attachment 67917

Next is Emily de Molly Iridescent Skies with Femme Fatale Sea Glimmer. This was another really pretty mani, both polishes are so gorgeous.

View attachment 67913

View attachment 67914

View attachment 67915

View attachment 67916

The last picture is to show how purple the base colour was actually.

I also did a pedi, it's Different Dimension Whatchu Talkin' 'Bout Willis.

View attachment 67918
Some pretties there! Royal Dye is a good multichrome, and I love the silver FF one. I do own your pedi DD (unworn of course) - nice colour.

PearlyQueen

Some more manis. First is FUN Lacquer Spring Snowflake with Nails Inc Rosemoor Street (over black). The Nails Inc was a 2013 untried. I wasn't keen on the FUN, it was a meh colour.

View attachment 67920

View attachment 67921

Next mani is Takko Hug Life with Polished for Days Just Keep Swimming. I put the PfD over the Takko because even with 3 coats it's a bit sheer. To be honest, it's pretty, but it isn't as gorgeous as it is in the bottle.

View attachment 67922

View attachment 67923

View attachment 67925

View attachment 67926

My current mani is CrowsToes Damned If You Don't (original) with Glam Polish Corpse Bride. I like this mani a lot.

View attachment 67927

View attachment 67928

View attachment 67931

View attachment 67930
I'm really taken with the first two manis here! Shame the PfD doesn't live up to the bottle, always disappointing that but I expect it will stay on my swap list because I like it in your pic!

Anitacska

I'm really taken with the first two manis here! Shame the PfD doesn't live up to the bottle, always disappointing that but I expect it will stay on my swap list because I like it in your pic!

Yeah, it is very pretty on the nails, but it's absolutely stunning in the bottle. I think that's why I didn't buy it originally, most of the swatches just didn't wow me.

I placed an order with Glam yesterday, bought too many and borderline regretted it, lol. I like the ones I bought, but the shipping is quite a lot. If there was a free shipping threshold on the main site, I would've bought from there instead and would've got the other 5 I wanted. Oh well, it is what it is.

I got these:

Screenshot_20200801-110604.png
Screenshot_20200801-110614.png

PearlyQueen

Yeah, it is very pretty on the nails, but it's absolutely stunning in the bottle. I think that's why I didn't buy it originally, most of the swatches just didn't wow me.

I placed an order with Glam yesterday, bought too many and borderline regretted it, lol. I like the ones I bought, but the shipping is quite a lot. If there was a free shipping threshold on the main site, I would've bought from there instead and would've got the other 5 I wanted. Oh well, it is what it is.

I got these:

View attachment 67932
View attachment 67933
If you're going to jump, might as well be with both feet! Some pretties there, yes it's very annoying not getting any cheap/free shipping but it is what it is. It was good when Stackry made shipping a non-issue, with a £20 one-off delivery cost for loads of brands, but those days are long gone and it's an expensive business buying enough polishes to make all the shipping fees worthwhile these days. It will be a nice package to open when it finally arrives!

Latest posts