Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Yeah, the Tonics are really pretty, I'll post a picture in a bit.

This week was very stressful as I predicted, or even more so as I had to deal with other stuff on top of the exam/College stress. One more exam left on Monday, then it's done and she's leaving College. Hopefully she'll be able to get a few more GCSEs done in the summer. My eldest only has to go into Uni max once a week, so it's not too bad. I'm glad we're in lockdown again as there are so many irresponsible people. Our borough was already in tier 2 anyway. I'm quite amused that Dominic Raab (who is unfortunately our MP) is now self-isolating. Can't stand the guy.

Anyway, I didn't order from Femme Fatale in the end. I was going to get some of the new shades, but didn't feel like they were a must have, so passed. I've just culled my PPU list from 10 to 7, but I will definitely get those. I'm loving the new FTLOP box. Just trying to decide if I want to order the 3 new shades I want with it, or wait until BF. I don't think they'll have a discount on the newest collections, but I'm sending that to Stackry anyway, so probably doesn't greatly matter how I divide them.

Which Illyrians did you order? I really like a few of the new polishes, so hoping you chose 2 of those.

I like your mani too. Sorry about the broken nail. My nails are in a terrible state.
Sounds like loads of hassle, so glad I stuck to cats! I agree about lockdown, but locally everyone is ignoring it again so it doesn't help :(
Well done on skipping FF and culling PPU. I was forcibly culled as the Lemming is sold out on both sites :( Not sure whether I'll bother with the PfD, it always seems pricey to order just one for the postage cost. Have you ordered it? If you have I can put it on my list instead of thinking whether to buy!
My Illyrians are Vampiro and Altar de Muertos, I bet you could have guessed that!
Sorry to hear your nails are suffering too.

PearlyQueen

I meant to tell you - I had an email from Jenna at Polished for Days a couple of days ago. Do you remember my saga of the lost FTLOP box for last November? It was returned to her at the start of this week! She took the time to tell me as she thought it would amuse me, which it did. How weird - missing for a whole year!

Anitacska

Sounds like loads of hassle, so glad I stuck to cats! I agree about lockdown, but locally everyone is ignoring it again so it doesn't help :(
Well done on skipping FF and culling PPU. I was forcibly culled as the Lemming is sold out on both sites :( Not sure whether I'll bother with the PfD, it always seems pricey to order just one for the postage cost. Have you ordered it? If you have I can put it on my list instead of thinking whether to buy!
My Illyrians are Vampiro and Altar de Muertos, I bet you could have guessed that!

Those 2 are pretty! Good choices!

Yes, I did order the PfD, so you're welcome to put it on your list.

Anitacska

I meant to tell you - I had an email from Jenna at Polished for Days a couple of days ago. Do you remember my saga of the lost FTLOP box for last November? It was returned to her at the start of this week! She took the time to tell me as she thought it would amuse me, which it did. How weird - missing for a whole year!

Wow! That's crazy!

boschicka

Did you see they increased the Lemming cap from 100 to 300 on the US site?

Anitacska

My October PPU has arrived safe and sound, glad to see Annette didn't hold a grudge, lol.

IMG_20201110_165048047.jpg

I ordered the FTLOP box and had it sent here. I will order the 3 polishes I like from the latest collection together with whatever else is on offer on Black Friday (hoping for samples, they're always so pretty) and have those sent to Stackry. I just felt like I wanted to receive something in the meantime since my PPUs have gone to Stackry and I'm not going to receive anything else for the foreseable future (oh, maybe the HHC, but the Glams and Femme Fatales I have on order will take a while anyway).

I only want the Girly Bits from HHC. Anne if you want anything, let me know, I can add it to my order if you don't fancy joining the group.

My BF plans are Color Club, PfD and ILNP, I can't think of anything else I might want to order. I want to get that perfume I tried ordering last time, it's a different seller and I've already double checked with them that it's in fact the exact perfume as their picture shows - so fingers crossed.

Anitacska

I managed to crop a few pictures, so here are some manis. First is Darling Diva Wardrobe Malfunction (2013 untried) with Different Dimension Jill.

IMG_20201027_124109514.jpg

IMG_20201027_124144303.jpg

IMG_20201027_161351758.jpg

Next is Dance Legend 02 Chimera with Indigo Bananas Deep Blue Day (holo) over Color Club Harp On It on the accents.

IMG_20201029_143219040.jpg

IMG_20201029_143421495.jpg

IMG_20201029_143322667.jpg

My Halloween mani (yes, I'm that far behind!) was Tonic Polish Carnality topped with Dollish Polish Indian Corn on the accents and stamped with YSL Yellow Gold.

IMG_20201031_123917620.jpg

IMG_20201031_142812374.jpg

IMG_20201031_142857362.jpg

IMG_20201031_142931982.jpg

Anitacska

Here are a few more manis. First is Emily de Molly End Points with Emily de Molly Geode Mine.

IMG_20201102_125823097.jpg

IMG_20201102_130008499.jpg

IMG_20201102_130115265.jpg

Next is Dreamland Good Vibes, the season's first thermal. MInd you, it wasn't very cold when I wore this.

IMG_20201104_125917331.jpg

IMG_20201104_130205728.jpg

IMG_20201104_130030821.jpg

Finally, this is China Glaze Don't Be a Luna-tic (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Windchill. I expected the China Glaze to be more holo. Also, they both chipped really quickly. Meh.

IMG_20201106_123722688.jpg

IMG_20201106_123526100.jpg

IMG_20201106_123402660.jpg

PearlyQueen

My October PPU has arrived safe and sound, glad to see Annette didn't hold a grudge, lol.

View attachment 68361

I ordered the FTLOP box and had it sent here. I will order the 3 polishes I like from the latest collection together with whatever else is on offer on Black Friday (hoping for samples, they're always so pretty) and have those sent to Stackry. I just felt like I wanted to receive something in the meantime since my PPUs have gone to Stackry and I'm not going to receive anything else for the foreseable future (oh, maybe the HHC, but the Glams and Femme Fatales I have on order will take a while anyway).

I only want the Girly Bits from HHC. Anne if you want anything, let me know, I can add it to my order if you don't fancy joining the group.

My BF plans are Color Club, PfD and ILNP, I can't think of anything else I might want to order. I want to get that perfume I tried ordering last time, it's a different seller and I've already double checked with them that it's in fact the exact perfume as their picture shows - so fingers crossed.
Very nice, glad they turned up safely!
I will say that my two Halloween PfDs are stunning, much nicer than I expected. I'm going to go nuts with a BF order from them I think, I put all the bits I fancy now into a basket and it was $200, that's without shipping or any new samples! So I'm hoping for a substantial discount...
I just bought more Shleees as well, they're coming here so that will be nice! My Fancy Gloss order has now arrived at Stackry so the countdown begins... Ordered my blanket too, hubby's paying for it for my Xmas but I have to pay the considerable postage!
Thanks for the HHC offer but there was nothing tempting me this time, probably just as well.
BF I'm just planning PfD, maybe Illyrian and possibly if there's a good deal I might buy a couple more of the handbags I've been after. Another bulky item to ship via Stackry that I neither need nor have room to store but they're so pretty!!! I still want to get a few Lollipop Posses, might see if they, Wildflower or Great Lakes have any BF deals too. Seems a shame to waste a Stackry box on just a few polishes, and it will definitely work out cheaper to get my big PfD order sent to the UK.
Good luck with the perfume!

PearlyQueen

I managed to crop a few pictures, so here are some manis. First is Darling Diva Wardrobe Malfunction (2013 untried) with Different Dimension Jill.

View attachment 68362

View attachment 68363

View attachment 68364

Next is Dance Legend 02 Chimera with Indigo Bananas Deep Blue Day (holo) over Color Club Harp On It on the accents.

View attachment 68365

View attachment 68366

View attachment 68367

My Halloween mani (yes, I'm that far behind!) was Tonic Polish Carnality topped with Dollish Polish Indian Corn on the accents and stamped with YSL Yellow Gold.

View attachment 68368

View attachment 68369

View attachment 68370

View attachment 68371
Love Jill, Chimera and your cute pumpkins!!!

PearlyQueen

Here are a few more manis. First is Emily de Molly End Points with Emily de Molly Geode Mine.

View attachment 68372

View attachment 68373

View attachment 68374

Next is Dreamland Good Vibes, the season's first thermal. MInd you, it wasn't very cold when I wore this.

View attachment 68375

View attachment 68376

View attachment 68377

Finally, this is China Glaze Don't Be a Luna-tic (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Windchill. I expected the China Glaze to be more holo. Also, they both chipped really quickly. Meh.

View attachment 68378

View attachment 68379

View attachment 68380
The Dreamland thermal is my fave of these.

Anitacska

Nice! Sol Blue is really pretty, I've had it in and out of various baskets for ages, I like it even more now.

Yeah, I'd been eyeing it up for ages too. As I don't really buy from stockists, and never form KBShimmer directly, I didn't get around to buying it until now. I want the rest of the misheard lyrics collection from Girly Bits, I might place an order on BF, depending on the deals. I need to sit down and work out what I want and where from, but I've not had time.

Anitacska

Very nice, glad they turned up safely!
I will say that my two Halloween PfDs are stunning, much nicer than I expected. I'm going to go nuts with a BF order from them I think, I put all the bits I fancy now into a basket and it was $200, that's without shipping or any new samples! So I'm hoping for a substantial discount...
I just bought more Shleees as well, they're coming here so that will be nice! My Fancy Gloss order has now arrived at Stackry so the countdown begins... Ordered my blanket too, hubby's paying for it for my Xmas but I have to pay the considerable postage!
Thanks for the HHC offer but there was nothing tempting me this time, probably just as well.
BF I'm just planning PfD, maybe Illyrian and possibly if there's a good deal I might buy a couple more of the handbags I've been after. Another bulky item to ship via Stackry that I neither need nor have room to store but they're so pretty!!! I still want to get a few Lollipop Posses, might see if they, Wildflower or Great Lakes have any BF deals too. Seems a shame to waste a Stackry box on just a few polishes, and it will definitely work out cheaper to get my big PfD order sent to the UK.
Good luck with the perfume!

You're welcome. I'm only tempted by the Girly Bits from HHC.

PearlyQueen

You're welcome. I'm only tempted by the Girly Bits from HHC.
Anita, if you read this before you order, I found a polish in the Anniversary Duos section I'd be grateful if you could add to your order for me (I didn't notice that section till now!) - it's Lollipop Posse “Mahalo for Five Years!” . No worries if you don't get this message till after ordering, just thought I'd ask!
Cheers,

xxx

Anitacska

Anita, if you read this before you order, I found a polish in the Anniversary Duos section I'd be grateful if you could add to your order for me (I didn't notice that section till now!) - it's Lollipop Posse “Mahalo for Five Years!” . No worries if you don't get this message till after ordering, just thought I'd ask!
Cheers,

xxx
Of course!

Latest posts