Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Just received my FTLOP box polishes, again the package got here really quickly. I love them all, especially the Tonic, but even the Pahlish is suprisingly pretty (and better irl than I expected it to be).

IMG_20201121_125336668.jpg

Hoping to post some mani pictures too, but it's been one of those weeks... Also I woke up to the worst headache this morning. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

Just received my FTLOP box polishes, again the package got here really quickly. I love them all, especially the Tonic, but even the Pahlish is suprisingly pretty (and better irl than I expected it to be).

View attachment 68435

Hoping to post some mani pictures too, but it's been one of those weeks... Also I woke up to the worst headache this morning. Ugh.
These are pretty! Especially the PfD. Speaking of PfD, have they put any BF details on their group page yet? I've been looking at Instagram but just a teaser of the new collection there :( It would be nice to be able to plan! Illyrian are getting grumbles on the group again about slow shipping, she's gone deadly quiet as usual. Not sure if she'll do BF when she hasn't managed to ship the last two releases... although she is shameless, so maybe she will. I'm not keen on the Pahlish BF collection (I don't think I love them any more!), so at the moment I'm really just looking at a huge PfD order, with possible side of Lollipop Posse.

PearlyQueen

My latest mani is Illyrian Galactic:
galactic 1.JPG galactic 3.JPG galactic2.JPG galactic4.JPG

The last picture is probably the most accurate for how it looks most of the time - it's got lots of sparkly colours in a plummy base, glitter and flakie bomb! I suspect it's going to be a complete pig to remove...

Anitacska

These are pretty! Especially the PfD. Speaking of PfD, have they put any BF details on their group page yet? I've been looking at Instagram but just a teaser of the new collection there :( It would be nice to be able to plan! Illyrian are getting grumbles on the group again about slow shipping, she's gone deadly quiet as usual. Not sure if she'll do BF when she hasn't managed to ship the last two releases... although she is shameless, so maybe she will. I'm not keen on the Pahlish BF collection (I don't think I love them any more!), so at the moment I'm really just looking at a huge PfD order, with possible side of Lollipop Posse.

Here you go:

Screenshot 2020-11-21 14.48.05.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 14.48.23.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 14.48.59.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 14.49.11.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 14.49.38.png

There's been no swatches of the new collection or the charity polish. I'm pretty sure I have most of the returning polishes, but I might get Kelpie. I've passed on it several times, but not 100% sure I actually want it.

She hasn't posted any spoilers of the PPU polish yet either, I wonder if she's doing PPU at all. I did ask, but she didn't approve my post.

I actually like a few of the new Pahlishes and have been contemplating buying some. I love the free polish for $80 spend, but not sure I want to spend that much.

Anitacska

PearlyQueen

Here you go:

View attachment 68440

View attachment 68441

View attachment 68442

View attachment 68443

View attachment 68444

There's been no swatches of the new collection or the charity polish. I'm pretty sure I have most of the returning polishes, but I might get Kelpie. I've passed on it several times, but not 100% sure I actually want it.

She hasn't posted any spoilers of the PPU polish yet either, I wonder if she's doing PPU at all. I did ask, but she didn't approve my post.

I actually like a few of the new Pahlishes and have been contemplating buying some. I love the free polish for $80 spend, but not sure I want to spend that much.
Wowser, thanks so much for hunting this down for me! It's a lot of info, good to know I'm really just looking at remember the shipping code, buy all the things I want! And get up at 3am to do it if I want the freebie and the popular things that will sell out... I'm off work on Friday, that is do-able hopefully... I already have a basket on the site filled with pretty things, just hope it doesn't get emptied before the sale then it will be so much quicker to get in and out. The returning polishes list I will go and check what I'm missing from them now... The danger of buying dupes when you're in a hurry and half asleep is always present!!!

PearlyQueen

I really liked this until I read your last 2 sentences. I wish it looked more like the first 2 pictures, lol.
One of those is with flash, the other in outdoor rainy light. Not inaccurate, just that it's not how it looks as I sit in my living room in perpetual lockdown! I could be wrong about removal, we'll see...

Anitacska

Wowser, thanks so much for hunting this down for me! It's a lot of info, good to know I'm really just looking at remember the shipping code, buy all the things I want! And get up at 3am to do it if I want the freebie and the popular things that will sell out... I'm off work on Friday, that is do-able hopefully... I already have a basket on the site filled with pretty things, just hope it doesn't get emptied before the sale then it will be so much quicker to get in and out. The returning polishes list I will go and check what I'm missing from them now... The danger of buying dupes when you're in a hurry and half asleep is always present!!!
You're welcome. It wasn't a lot of work, just screenshot and crop. Is it 3 am? Ugh. I'm normally awake around 4-5, so will just hope nothing sells out by then.

Anitacska

One of those is with flash, the other in outdoor rainy light. Not inaccurate, just that it's not how it looks as I sit in my living room in perpetual lockdown! I could be wrong about removal, we'll see...
I'm not fussed about removal, I use foil for glitter polish removal, it works well.

I've been struggling to get colour accurate photos, it's always so gloomy nowadays. Meh.

Anitacska

Speaking of colour accurate (or not) photos, here are some mani pictures. First is Femme Fatale Love's Wound (original, faded version) topped with Darling Diva Auld Lang Syne (2013 untried). I say the FF is faded, but it actually changed colour completely, it was a purple colour that gradually faded into pink and it seems mine turned into coral with gold to pink shimmer! I really like it, the shimmer was so glowy (see the picture with flash).

IMG_20201108_124525721.jpg

IMG_20201108_124549319.jpg

IMG_20201108_124602390.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly The Maze and the Hightower. It's a subtle thermal. The shift didn't really show up when it's in transition, but it definitely got darker when it was cold.

IMG_20201110_121941437.jpg

IMG_20201110_114526318.jpg

IMG_20201110_134646085.jpg

This is Ever After Sheeranar. It shrank a bit at the tips because I was doing my nails really late and I didn't wait long enough between coats. Otherwise it was okay.

IMG_20201112_130804053.jpg

IMG_20201112_130835647.jpg

PearlyQueen

Speaking of colour accurate (or not) photos, here are some mani pictures. First is Femme Fatale Love's Wound (original, faded version) topped with Darling Diva Auld Lang Syne (2013 untried). I say the FF is faded, but it actually changed colour completely, it was a purple colour that gradually faded into pink and it seems mine turned into coral with gold to pink shimmer! I really like it, the shimmer was so glowy (see the picture with flash).

View attachment 68449

View attachment 68450

View attachment 68451

Next is Emily de Molly The Maze and the Hightower. It's a subtle thermal. The shift didn't really show up when it's in transition, but it definitely got darker when it was cold.

View attachment 68452

View attachment 68453

View attachment 68454

This is Ever After Sheeranar. It shrank a bit at the tips because I was doing my nails really late and I didn't wait long enough between coats. Otherwise it was okay.

View attachment 68455

View attachment 68456
I really love your weirdly changed FF, a happy accident. And the EdM is really pretty too.

Anitacska

I really love your weirdly changed FF, a happy accident. And the EdM is really pretty too.

Sophie refunded everyone for this polish and reformulated it, so I have the purple version too, which is nice. It's interesting, when I was looking at swatches of the faded version, they all looked pink, but those were from 2016, so I assume it continued to change. It's a gorgeous colour.

Anitacska

A few more manis while I'm waiting for our Chinese takeaway... First is Quixotic Polish Tubular! With Polished for Days Pixie Potion. I really liked both polishes and they looked good together.

IMG_20201114_122005650.jpg

IMG_20201114_121957944.jpg

IMG_20201114_122040729.jpg

Next is Colors by Llarowe Lotus v1 topped with Polished for Days Speio. Lotus faded from purple to a very neon light, slightly coral pink. (Got a replacement for it that also faded to a slightly darker pink. That's pretty much when I stopped buying from CbL (with a few exceptions). The colours are off, but no matter what I didn't I couldn't capture the true colour, it's much lighter, more coral and very neon irl.

IMG_20201116_131201679.jpg

IMG_20201116_131220177.jpg

IMG_20201116_131241718.jpg

Finally this is Sally Hansen Garnet Lapis (2013 untried, over black) topped with Illyrian Polish Prototype 35. I messed up the SH a bit as it's so slow drying, but it is very pretty and the Illyrian is beautiful.

IMG_20201118_100449045.jpg

IMG_20201118_100524156.jpg

IMG_20201118_100737134.jpg

Anitacska

What do you think of the new Glams? I like 2 of them, the very light Romeo & Juliet one and the red one with blue flakes. I won't be bothering with the mysteries though.

Different Dimension has a 35% sale on now and I'm tempted by 4 polishes, but not sure if I'll get them. They look nice, but not that unique.

I really want a good few Color Club holos and some from ILNP, and then we'll see about the Pahlishes. FF has a tinsel inspired collection coming out, I've only seen the inspiration pictures and one polish, but it looks like I may be buying a few from there. Maybe some polishes from Girly Bits too. So far PPU hasn't got me very excited, but I do like a couple, Different Dimension and Femme Fatale for now.

PearlyQueen

What do you think of the new Glams? I like 2 of them, the very light Romeo & Juliet one and the red one with blue flakes. I won't be bothering with the mysteries though.

Different Dimension has a 35% sale on now and I'm tempted by 4 polishes, but not sure if I'll get them. They look nice, but not that unique.

I really want a good few Color Club holos and some from ILNP, and then we'll see about the Pahlishes. FF has a tinsel inspired collection coming out, I've only seen the inspiration pictures and one polish, but it looks like I may be buying a few from there. Maybe some polishes from Girly Bits too. So far PPU hasn't got me very excited, but I do like a couple, Different Dimension and Femme Fatale for now.
The Glams are OK but only one I really like (the dark blue) and I'm intrigued by the red one rather than keen to buy I think. I plan just getting one, and to be honest it's not looking unique to me, I'd probably skip it if I didn't have an open order. I doubt I'll get the red. Or the mysteries. DD isn't my brand at all, I've generally been disappointed with them over the years so I stopped buying like with Femme Fatale - I see pretty pictures and am tempted, but resist in general!
I don't think I'll be getting Wildflowers, and I heard that Great Lakes maker is recovering from Covid and won't be doing BF sales but there are a couple of those on site already I wouldn't mind picking up. I'll take a look at Fancy Gloss too but just ordered all of the older shades I wanted so I doubt I'll go there. Shleee were very annoying last year and didn't announce their sale, which sold out instantly anyway. And I think Lemming is under a bit of pressure due to caring responsibilities at the moment, so not sure if she'll be doing anything. That's most of my main brands covered, though I see EdM is doing a sale which might tempt me, though I did pick up Seven Devils recently and was not as keen on it as I hoped, so again will see how I feel at the time.
I haven't seen much PPU yet and nothing that's calling to me so far.

Anitacska

The Glams are OK but only one I really like (the dark blue) and I'm intrigued by the red one rather than keen to buy I think. I plan just getting one, and to be honest it's not looking unique to me, I'd probably skip it if I didn't have an open order. I doubt I'll get the red. Or the mysteries. DD isn't my brand at all, I've generally been disappointed with them over the years so I stopped buying like with Femme Fatale - I see pretty pictures and am tempted, but resist in general!
I don't think I'll be getting Wildflowers, and I heard that Great Lakes maker is recovering from Covid and won't be doing BF sales but there are a couple of those on site already I wouldn't mind picking up. I'll take a look at Fancy Gloss too but just ordered all of the older shades I wanted so I doubt I'll go there. Shleee were very annoying last year and didn't announce their sale, which sold out instantly anyway. And I think Lemming is under a bit of pressure due to caring responsibilities at the moment, so not sure if she'll be doing anything. That's most of my main brands covered, though I see EdM is doing a sale which might tempt me, though I did pick up Seven Devils recently and was not as keen on it as I hoped, so again will see how I feel at the time.
I haven't seen much PPU yet and nothing that's calling to me so far.

Oh yeah, I forgot about EdM. I only want 3 of the newest polishes, but she did say there'd be a lot of new LE shades with 40-50% off, so I might just get some of those.

PearlyQueen

A few more manis while I'm waiting for our Chinese takeaway... First is Quixotic Polish Tubular! With Polished for Days Pixie Potion. I really liked both polishes and they looked good together.

View attachment 68457

View attachment 68459

View attachment 68460

Next is Colors by Llarowe Lotus v1 topped with Polished for Days Speio. Lotus faded from purple to a very neon light, slightly coral pink. (Got a replacement for it that also faded to a slightly darker pink. That's pretty much when I stopped buying from CbL (with a few exceptions). The colours are off, but no matter what I didn't I couldn't capture the true colour, it's much lighter, more coral and very neon irl.

View attachment 68461

View attachment 68462

View attachment 68463

Finally this is Sally Hansen Garnet Lapis (2013 untried, over black) topped with Illyrian Polish Prototype 35. I messed up the SH a bit as it's so slow drying, but it is very pretty and the Illyrian is beautiful.

View attachment 68464

View attachment 68466

View attachment 68467
These are all nice but I especially like Pixie Potion and the last mani. I do hate it when the camera doesn't see what I see! I think I only had one CBL that faded (it was a blue and faded to a beautiful turquoise - haven't looked in the CbL drawer for a while though, they could all be white by now and I wouldn't have noticed!). I had got pretty bored with them by the time they closed shop so I'd stopped buying some time before.

PearlyQueen

Tempted by the Alchemy BF offer:
Here’s the details on our Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale!
Starts Friday November 27th @12:00pm EST, Ends Monday November 30th @11:59 pm EST
• Release of the Celestial Collection (a few discounted full sets available)
• Spend over $50 and get a free polish, Pulsar (while supplies last)
• 20-30% discount on previously released shades (not all shades available, discount does not include Celestial Collection, no rainchecks, no code needed, not available on previous orders)
• First 20 orders over $50 will receive a sample of Red Eyed Lacquers Da Balm-er (variety of fragrances available)
• PPU Mystery Bags
• Free Shipping over $50 with FREESHIP50 (both domestic and international)

Good discount, free international shipping and free polish, maybe a free balm and qualifying amount is just 4 or 5 lacquers, very good deal. I went to Etsy and popped four into my basket this morning which come to $40, have a few alternatives in mind if they sell out as a couple have only 1 in stock... I think I'll try adding a mystery bag as I only bought one PPU polish from them, though no doubt I'll end up with that one!

Anyhow, thought I'd share!

Anitacska

Tempted by the Alchemy BF offer:
Here’s the details on our Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale!
Starts Friday November 27th @12:00pm EST, Ends Monday November 30th @11:59 pm EST
• Release of the Celestial Collection (a few discounted full sets available)
• Spend over $50 and get a free polish, Pulsar (while supplies last)
• 20-30% discount on previously released shades (not all shades available, discount does not include Celestial Collection, no rainchecks, no code needed, not available on previous orders)
• First 20 orders over $50 will receive a sample of Red Eyed Lacquers Da Balm-er (variety of fragrances available)
• PPU Mystery Bags
• Free Shipping over $50 with FREESHIP50 (both domestic and international)

Good discount, free international shipping and free polish, maybe a free balm and qualifying amount is just 4 or 5 lacquers, very good deal. I went to Etsy and popped four into my basket this morning which come to $40, have a few alternatives in mind if they sell out as a couple have only 1 in stock... I think I'll try adding a mystery bag as I only bought one PPU polish from them, though no doubt I'll end up with that one!

Anyhow, thought I'd share!
I like Alchemy and that's a good deal, but I'm trying not to overspend, so will stick to just a few brands. I have already bought 4 polishes from Different Dimension, the deal was just too good to miss. Having seen some swatches of the new PfD polishes, I think I will get 3 or 4 of the new ones, the charity polish and 3 from the Halloween collection. Depending on the LEs EdM is releasing I may or may not order as I only want 3 older polishes. I'm considering buying about 12-15 polishes from Color Club and around 10 from ILNP too.

I love the new FF collection, but luckily I only want maybe 3 from PPU and 1 or 2 from Glam.

Forgot to say I've decided not to order from Pahlish after all. The polishes I like aren't that unique.

Latest posts