Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Thanks for news on my Lollipop Posse, glad it's as nice as I hoped! I guess she'll hold your other order for a while. Do I need to send you more money?
Your order is pretty, my fave is the Lilypad.

Yes, she will hold it, the question is, how long do I want it held? It's not like I don't have other polishes to wear, but I like to receive what I bought in a timely manner. I'm still waiting for my September - December FF group buy polishes and it's annoying me, hahaha. Don't worry about it, we'll sort out the money once the other one is here.

Anitacska

I now have taken delivery of my PPU and FTLOP parcels. So that's good!

I got my PPU order yesterday too (will post pictures in a bit). Was that the December FTLOP box? That took a while. Mine arrived on Christmas Eve.hope there won't be issues with customs with the January one as she didn't charge any VAT on the website. We shall see, I guess.

PearlyQueen

I got my PPU order yesterday too (will post pictures in a bit). Was that the December FTLOP box? That took a while. Mine arrived on Christmas Eve.hope there won't be issues with customs with the January one as she didn't charge any VAT on the website. We shall see, I guess.
Yes, the December one, wonder why mine took so much longer than yours!

PearlyQueen

My Fedex delivery from Stackry arrived without hassle - no extra charges and on time if not early. Despite the tracking indicating it came to Stansted, went back to the USA then re-arrived in the UK the next day!

PearlyQueen

My latest mani is Pahlish - Black Cat, Pointed Hat:
black cat pointed hat 2.JPG black cat pointed hat 3.JPG black cat pointed hat 1.JPG

Very pretty one! There is pink shimmer and microglitters in there but they're a bit camera shy - very obvious in the flesh though and they make that pretty purple very special.

Anitacska

Here are some recent manis. First up, KBShimmer The Kid topped with Models Own Roman Candle on the accents.

IMG_20210109_103738275.jpg

IMG_20210109_103817519.jpg

IMG_20210109_104009342.jpg

IMG_20210109_104141764.jpg

It's a cool tri-thermal, but unfortunately I didn't see much of the pink, it was sitting mostly in the middle state even though my hands were pretty warm. I only saw it when my hands were in very hot water. This is how it looked most of the time:

IMG_20210109_110547116.jpg

Next is ILNP Cozy Mittens with Supernatural Lacquer The Fabric of Space and Time on the accents.

IMG_20210111_122300034.jpg

IMG_20210111_122355398.jpg

IMG_20210111_122229255.jpg

Anitacska

This is Sally Hansen Ruby Topaz (2013 untried, over black) with Fair Maiden Sugar Plum Fairy on the accents.

IMG_20210113_121027963.jpg

IMG_20210113_121054363.jpg

IMG_20210113_121127434.jpg

Next is Lilypad Lacquer Cousin Machin with Glam Polish Viva Las Vegas on the accents.

IMG_20210115_122717985.jpg

IMG_20210115_122817459.jpg

IMG_20210115_150944992.jpg

My currrent mani is Barielle Holiday Madness topped with Bourjois Sun Scales (2013 untried) on the accents. I was going to stamp on the other fingers, but there was always something I needed to do, so it didn't happen. Oh well.

IMG_20210117_133849242.jpg

IMG_20210117_133834240.jpg

PearlyQueen

Have you seen the Illyrian restock? Apparently she'll only announce it on IG going forward. They look nice, but of course I'm not buying.
I had a look and liked a few of them but the one I loved was already gone, so I decided to skip - if it had been still available, I'd probably have got a few since I have an open Stackry. Then stressed about whether it would turn up in time! So looks like she's not FBing ever again, that way she doesn't have to listen to all the complaints about shipping :(
I will keep an eye on her IG going forward for restocks but the whole no overseas shipping makes it expensive via Stackry so I may have bought my last Illyrian for a while, unless I've got other stuff I want or a restock is "unmissable"!.
I have that ongoing box now with just Lollipop Posse and awaiting shipment of 3 GLL polishes I ordered (no clue when they are meant to ship...). I've actively been looking at all the brands I can think of to see if there's anything at all that can help justify the Stackry fees and so far - nothing! I don't really want to spend £80 to ship about 10 polishes :( I hope someone releases something cool soon in a decent quantity to make it worthwhile! Preferably not on preorder! I'm not keen on the new Wildflowers and although I like one of the new Quixotics, it would probably be cheaper to get it from RC. I can't believe this is all caused by UPS missing my deadline by just one day!

PearlyQueen

Here are some recent manis. First up, KBShimmer The Kid topped with Models Own Roman Candle on the accents.

View attachment 68643

View attachment 68644

View attachment 68645

View attachment 68646

It's a cool tri-thermal, but unfortunately I didn't see much of the pink, it was sitting mostly in the middle state even though my hands were pretty warm. I only saw it when my hands were in very hot water. This is how it looked most of the time:

View attachment 68647

Next is ILNP Cozy Mittens with Supernatural Lacquer The Fabric of Space and Time on the accents.

View attachment 68648

View attachment 68649

View attachment 68650
That's a very nice thermal!

PearlyQueen

This is Sally Hansen Ruby Topaz (2013 untried, over black) with Fair Maiden Sugar Plum Fairy on the accents.

View attachment 68651

View attachment 68652

View attachment 68653

Next is Lilypad Lacquer Cousin Machin with Glam Polish Viva Las Vegas on the accents.

View attachment 68654

View attachment 68655

View attachment 68656

My currrent mani is Barielle Holiday Madness topped with Bourjois Sun Scales (2013 untried) on the accents. I was going to stamp on the other fingers, but there was always something I needed to do, so it didn't happen. Oh well.

View attachment 68657

View attachment 68658
Stamping on your fingers sounds painful LOL!
I'm really drawn to that last mani in greens, not normally what I'd choose but I really like this! Stamping not required for a fab look!

Anitacska

I had a look and liked a few of them but the one I loved was already gone, so I decided to skip - if it had been still available, I'd probably have got a few since I have an open Stackry. Then stressed about whether it would turn up in time! So looks like she's not FBing ever again, that way she doesn't have to listen to all the complaints about shipping :(
I will keep an eye on her IG going forward for restocks but the whole no overseas shipping makes it expensive via Stackry so I may have bought my last Illyrian for a while, unless I've got other stuff I want or a restock is "unmissable"!.
I have that ongoing box now with just Lollipop Posse and awaiting shipment of 3 GLL polishes I ordered (no clue when they are meant to ship...). I've actively been looking at all the brands I can think of to see if there's anything at all that can help justify the Stackry fees and so far - nothing! I don't really want to spend £80 to ship about 10 polishes :( I hope someone releases something cool soon in a decent quantity to make it worthwhile! Preferably not on preorder! I'm not keen on the new Wildflowers and although I like one of the new Quixotics, it would probably be cheaper to get it from RC. I can't believe this is all caused by UPS missing my deadline by just one day!
That's really annoying. Hope you can find some more polishes to make shipping worthwhile. EdM has just launched some new colours, but not sure if you'd be interested. I guess you could send the next PPU there, but I'm guessing that wouldn't arrive in time with their 3 week TAT and you probably don't want to worry about that being late. I also like the look of some Quixotics and the Fandom Flakies box (Quixotic is the guest this month). I'm trying to be very good as I'm pretty low on funds. Just had to pay £200 for a new garden gate and my car insurance is due next month.

Also, the more I swatch, the more I realise just how many lovely polishes I have that I've yet to use. I've actually finished swatching my Lilypads (nearly 200 untrieds) and have started on my ILNPs. I think I have about 100 untrieds from them. Might be more. After that I'll do CbLs and Darling Divas and maybe Enchanteds.

Anitacska

Stamping on your fingers sounds painful LOL!
I'm really drawn to that last mani in greens, not normally what I'd choose but I really like this! Stamping not required for a fab look!
I know what you mean, I really liked that mani too. I was planning on doing some gold stamping, but never mind.

Anitacska

My FTLOP box is on its way, hope there won't be any issues with customs. I'm still waiting to hear from the FF group buy organiser about when we'll finally receive the Sept-Dec polishes. I feel like she's lost interest in the group buy and doesn't chase things up with FF.

Have you seen the new Glams (the pastels)? I'm pretty sure I'll pass on those. Don't know if there's a second collection to go with it.

I've been looking at the new PPU polishes and like a few, but not sure how many I'll buy. I definitely like the PfD.

Last edited:

Latest posts