Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Manis part 2. This is Colors by Llarowe Meet Me Over the Rainbow Bridge with Polished for Days Echo on the accents. The PfD was much prettier than my pictures show, lots of flakies and a pink shimmer. Not sure why the pictures make it look so bland.

IMG_20210416_101135060.jpg

IMG_20210416_101138612.jpg

IMG_20210416_101215170.jpg

Next is Enchanted Polish Congratulations (2013 untried) topped with Indigo Bananas Accretion Disk (holo) on the accents.

IMG_20210418_120538253.jpg

IMG_20210418_120542042.jpg

IMG_20210418_120605731.jpg

IMG_20210418_120558791.jpg

Finally, my current mani, Glam Polish I'm Through With Love with Color Club Gift of Sparkle (2013 untried) on the accents.

IMG_20210420_115116467.jpg

IMG_20210420_115126454.jpg

IMG_20210420_115155845.jpg

Anitacska

Forgot to ask, what do you think of the new Glams. I like the toppers, but if they're going to be $15, then I'm not buying. We'll see.

So far I'm finding PPU a bit meh. I think I only like 2, but haven't seen a few yet, so I might end up with several more. Right now I think I'll get the PfD and FF.

boschicka

I feel like I'm in the minority, but the PPU page and reveals are too chaotic. I have to put in too much effort, so I just wait until the listings are up on their site for preview. I never know what's available until the Sunday before launch.

Anitacska

I feel like I'm in the minority, but the PPU page and reveals are too chaotic. I have to put in too much effort, so I just wait until the listings are up on their site for preview. I never know what's available until the Sunday before launch.

I personally don't find it chaotic. I enjoy browsing when I get bored, but maybe it's not for everyone.

PearlyQueen

Sorry to hear you've been so busy. I've been pretty busy too, and quite stressed out, but that's just how my life is usually.

Congrats on the Glam win! I won a $10 voucher from Femme Fatale and then they sent me a $5 one for my birthday, so I'm looking forward to spending it.

My Stackry stuff has been consolidated, so hopefully I'll have them by Friday. I have so many polishes in there, including the 28 Femme Fatales, and a couple of other things too.

Max is doing really well. He's actually started walking on his hind legs, only a few steps at a time and they're a bit all over the place and very wobbly, but it's a big improvement. Now I'm more hopeful he will eventually walk on all 4. He also shuffles around a lot, keeps moving from one end of the room to the other. Still keeping him in the cot overnight and he seems quite happy with it. He had a haircut last week and looks so much better.

View attachment 69238
Oh he looks so well and I'm so pleased he's getting a little bit of mobility back - all paws crossed the improvements continue.
Yay for $10 vouchers! Although I've just seen the sneak peak at the next Glam releases and I'm properly underwhelmed. Hopefully some of the previous collections will be made available. I hope you have more luck spending yours!
Sounds like you have a very cool Stackry box on the way, hope it lives up to expectations. When mine finally arrives I think t will be a nice one too, with Illyrians, Fancy Gloss, Lollipop Posse, Shleee and PPU included. Illyrian's gone dark again, loooong wait for shipping on the last release and she's said nothing for ages on IG or FB. I thought there might be time to get another order in before consolidation, but it's about 3 weeks to D-Day and she's not put anything new on the site.

PearlyQueen

Ooh, my Stackry package is apparently due tomorrow! They only picked it up yesterday, but FedEx is usually fast and I did pay the extra $3 for the express option.

I have a few manis to show (and hopefully 10 minutes to post them), so here's the first one. It's Illyrian Owl Nebula topped with Emily de Molly Falling Skies on the accents. The EdM was one of my oldest untrieds. I liked how this mani turned out.

View attachment 69244

View attachment 69245

View attachment 69246

View attachment 69247

Next is Quixotic Polish Dancing Sugarplums topped with Polished for Days Inspire on the accents. I liked this a lot, the Quixotic was so glowy.

View attachment 69248

View attachment 69249

View attachment 69250

View attachment 69251
I am in love with both of these manis! I also own three of the four polishes, so yay!!!

PearlyQueen

Manis part 2. This is Colors by Llarowe Meet Me Over the Rainbow Bridge with Polished for Days Echo on the accents. The PfD was much prettier than my pictures show, lots of flakies and a pink shimmer. Not sure why the pictures make it look so bland.

View attachment 69252

View attachment 69253

View attachment 69254

Next is Enchanted Polish Congratulations (2013 untried) topped with Indigo Bananas Accretion Disk (holo) on the accents.

View attachment 69255

View attachment 69256

View attachment 69257

View attachment 69258

Finally, my current mani, Glam Polish I'm Through With Love with Color Club Gift of Sparkle (2013 untried) on the accents.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69260

View attachment 69261
These are also really cute, my fave is the first one. I think I have Echo so good to know it's even nicer in real life!

PearlyQueen

Forgot to ask, what do you think of the new Glams. I like the toppers, but if they're going to be $15, then I'm not buying. We'll see.

So far I'm finding PPU a bit meh. I think I only like 2, but haven't seen a few yet, so I might end up with several more. Right now I think I'll get the PfD and FF.
As ever, I haven't seen PPU yet, and the Glams are not my thing really. Toppers are OK...
What's PPU theme this month?

PearlyQueen

I'm not a member so I have no clue how it works, I usually go by Preview or the Cosmetic Sanctuary giant post, though she often doesn't have the ones I actually want to buy listed!

PearlyQueen

And finally as it's reaching the end of its life, here is my current mani - Fancy Gloss Twilight Hours (label says Hours, website says Hour, who knows!): DSC05582.JPG DSC05583.JPG DSC05578.JPG DSC05574.JPG It's really pretty though I'm not 100% convinced that the formula works well for me, I've found both the polishes I've used are a bit slow to dry (not bad, just noticeably takes a bit longer than most of my indie brands) and this one chipped a bit more quickly than I expected (though with lockdown eternal manis this meant in a week and a half instead of 2 weeks!). But I do think her polishes look gorgeous once they're on and dried, so not giving up on FG just yet.
I'm testing out a few of my "new" brands at the moment, don't want to buy hundreds before I discover there are issues, been there, done that! Lollipop Posse and Nailed It coming soon...

Anitacska

As ever, I haven't seen PPU yet, and the Glams are not my thing really. Toppers are OK...
What's PPU theme this month?

Guilty Pleasures

I just remembered I saw the EdM teaser and liked it, so that's another one for the list. Still waiting on Different Dimension and Girly Bits. Can't remember if I've seen the Pahlish one yet. Really trying to stick to brands I know well, but that's still a lot.

Anitacska

My Stackry package isn't coming today after all. There's been some delay with processing and it'll be delivered tomorrow. It's not a big deal, but I wish they didn't get your hopes up like this. I would've been perfectly happy with delivery tomorrow, but now I'm disappointed. Oh well.

Anitacska

And finally as it's reaching the end of its life, here is my current mani - Fancy Gloss Twilight Hours (label says Hours, website says Hour, who knows!): View attachment 69264 View attachment 69265 View attachment 69263 View attachment 69262 It's really pretty though I'm not 100% convinced that the formula works well for me, I've found both the polishes I've used are a bit slow to dry (not bad, just noticeably takes a bit longer than most of my indie brands) and this one chipped a bit more quickly than I expected (though with lockdown eternal manis this meant in a week and a half instead of 2 weeks!). But I do think her polishes look gorgeous once they're on and dried, so not giving up on FG just yet.
I'm testing out a few of my "new" brands at the moment, don't want to buy hundreds before I discover there are issues, been there, done that! Lollipop Posse and Nailed It coming soon...

This looks nice. Sorry the formula isn't too great. I only have a handful of their polishes, but I don't remember any issues. Obviously almost nothing lasts on me for more than 2 days, so that wouldn't bother me.

Anitacska

My Stackry box came nice and early this morning. I really like all the polishes I got.

IMG_20210423_150024571.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Quixotic from the latest FTLOP box. I wasn't sure about it, but it's actually really pretty.

IMG_20210423_152604616.jpg

The entire Enchanted Fables collection, plus the February COTM on the left. The two freebies are top left and bottom right, the puple one sucked me into buying the whole collection. I probably wouldn't have bought a few of these, but even the greens, yellows and oranges are quite interesting, Sophie always makes her polishes quirky and unique.

I now have 3 bottles of Nailtiques 2, will get started on the first one tonight, hopefully it'll sort out my nails.

PearlyQueen

This looks nice. Sorry the formula isn't too great. I only have a handful of their polishes, but I don't remember any issues. Obviously almost nothing lasts on me for more than 2 days, so that wouldn't bother me.
It's not actually that bad, it's like an extra minute over stuff like Illyrian, it's not really an issue at all - I just think I've been spoilt by using so many "instant" dry ones recently! I didn't think that a 10 day wear time would bother you!

PearlyQueen

My Stackry box came nice and early this morning. I really like all the polishes I got.

View attachment 69266

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Quixotic from the latest FTLOP box. I wasn't sure about it, but it's actually really pretty.

View attachment 69267

The entire Enchanted Fables collection, plus the February COTM on the left. The two freebies are top left and bottom right, the puple one sucked me into buying the whole collection. I probably wouldn't have bought a few of these, but even the greens, yellows and oranges are quite interesting, Sophie always makes her polishes quirky and unique.

I now have 3 bottles of Nailtiques 2, will get started on the first one tonight, hopefully it'll sort out my nails.
Yay, nice big package of pretty! Just as well the FFs are nice, those are a lot! The PfDs are the ones that stand out to me this time, very nice indeed as is pretty much everything. Enjoy! And good luck with the nails, I've just had to chop mine all down because they were so long they were actually annoying me! Very unusual.

Latest posts