Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

It is, but I got an answer same day that I actually believe, so much better than you know who! Next Friday to ship apparently, hopefully will be there for consolidation day.
That's how it should be.

I'm supposed to consolidate today, but one package hasn't arrived yet. I placed the order 2 weeks ago and they only shipped last Thursday, but the FedEx tracking said Saturday delivery date, so I thought it would be fine. The tracking now just says "scheduled delivery pending", so no idea if it'll get there today. I don't mind extra fees on one package, but on Thursday I'll have another 2 packages with 45 day storage, so really don't want to stretch to that. I have other orders going there, but they are pre-orders and not likely to arrive for 2-3 weeks, so I'd rather not start a new box already. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

That's how it should be.

I'm supposed to consolidate today, but one package hasn't arrived yet. I placed the order 2 weeks ago and they only shipped last Thursday, but the FedEx tracking said Saturday delivery date, so I thought it would be fine. The tracking now just says "scheduled delivery pending", so no idea if it'll get there today. I don't mind extra fees on one package, but on Thursday I'll have another 2 packages with 45 day storage, so really don't want to stretch to that. I have other orders going there, but they are pre-orders and not likely to arrive for 2-3 weeks, so I'd rather not start a new box already. Ugh.
That is so frustrating, I have been there too :(
My GLLs I'm just hoping they get there on time for the consolidation date too, she said shipping this Friday, which will give them about a week to arrive before I start incurring charges.
So are you PPU shopping this month? I am definitely getting Lollipop Posse, Wildflower and Nailed It, contemplating Cupcake but thinking no at the moment.
I love the Wildflower Afterparty polish too, she confirmed to me it will be available at Harlow so I'll get it from there along with a couple of the new collection and most of the stuff I nearly checked out last week - should be enough for free shipping and my 10% discount code via rewards so it will work out well (assuming she still ships to UK of course!).
Disappointed with the PPU Great Lakes offering, but apparently she's meant to be doing Afterparty too, no idea what it will be but will watch for it because I skipped quite a few of these that I fancied at the time. Lollipop Posse haven't mentioned Afterparty - I do like a few of the new Garden Path collection, not enough to buy alone but if they do release an Afterparty I want I may end up getting them. Nailed It seem to be AFterpartying one that doesn't appeal from what I've seen, they also have a new collection coming out at the same time that I'm not sure about. If I like these I will get at Rainbow Connection (I'm also getting PPU from UK shop). Otherwise, I skipped Glam, not impressed by either of the PPU Dreamland options, not getting the two PfD ones either. So hopefully that's my nail polish spending decided for this month! Although FTLOP is still to drop of course, could be either way on that one!

Anitacska

That is so frustrating, I have been there too :(
My GLLs I'm just hoping they get there on time for the consolidation date too, she said shipping this Friday, which will give them about a week to arrive before I start incurring charges.
So are you PPU shopping this month? I am definitely getting Lollipop Posse, Wildflower and Nailed It, contemplating Cupcake but thinking no at the moment.
I love the Wildflower Afterparty polish too, she confirmed to me it will be available at Harlow so I'll get it from there along with a couple of the new collection and most of the stuff I nearly checked out last week - should be enough for free shipping and my 10% discount code via rewards so it will work out well (assuming she still ships to UK of course!).
Disappointed with the PPU Great Lakes offering, but apparently she's meant to be doing Afterparty too, no idea what it will be but will watch for it because I skipped quite a few of these that I fancied at the time. Lollipop Posse haven't mentioned Afterparty - I do like a few of the new Garden Path collection, not enough to buy alone but if they do release an Afterparty I want I may end up getting them. Nailed It seem to be AFterpartying one that doesn't appeal from what I've seen, they also have a new collection coming out at the same time that I'm not sure about. If I like these I will get at Rainbow Connection (I'm also getting PPU from UK shop). Otherwise, I skipped Glam, not impressed by either of the PPU Dreamland options, not getting the two PfD ones either. So hopefully that's my nail polish spending decided for this month! Although FTLOP is still to drop of course, could be either way on that one!

I won't be getting anything from PPU, other than the PfD from her site, since I usually buy what I like each month. I like the blue Bees Knees actually, but I'm not sure I want to order just one polish from her site. I did notice that RC will be selling some of the rewind polishes, she will have both the BK and the PfD. If I don't like the FTLOP box, I might buy them from there. Otherwise I might skip the BK as it's just not worth paying £16+ for. (She will have the Lollipop Posse and Naild It polishes btw, but not Wildflower.) https://rainbow-connection.co.uk/collections/ppu-rewind-after-party

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit meh about nail polish at the moment, it feels like such a hassle to find the polishes I want to wear and try to match them, then at the end put them away (both polish and swatchstick), update the spreadsheet, etc. Plus my nails are still peeling and breaking. Also I guess I have got to the point where I feel like I definitely have way too many. It hasn't stopped me from buying completely though, hahaha!

Also, I got a bit obsessed with perfumes again and waaay overspent these past couple of months, so I have to stop spending. eBay and discounted offers are just too tempting, it got a bit out of control. Well, I'm glad that at least my interest in nail polishes is waning a bit!

PearlyQueen

I won't be getting anything from PPU, other than the PfD from her site, since I usually buy what I like each month. I like the blue Bees Knees actually, but I'm not sure I want to order just one polish from her site. I did notice that RC will be selling some of the rewind polishes, she will have both the BK and the PfD. If I don't like the FTLOP box, I might buy them from there. Otherwise I might skip the BK as it's just not worth paying £16+ for. (She will have the Lollipop Posse and Naild It polishes btw, but not Wildflower.) https://rainbow-connection.co.uk/collections/ppu-rewind-after-party

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit meh about nail polish at the moment, it feels like such a hassle to find the polishes I want to wear and try to match them, then at the end put them away (both polish and swatchstick), update the spreadsheet, etc. Plus my nails are still peeling and breaking. Also I guess I have got to the point where I feel like I definitely have way too many. It hasn't stopped me from buying completely though, hahaha!

Also, I got a bit obsessed with perfumes again and waaay overspent these past couple of months, so I have to stop spending. eBay and discounted offers are just too tempting, it got a bit out of control. Well, I'm glad that at least my interest in nail polishes is waning a bit!
Fair enough, I do skip some occasionally, when I've overspent and there's only one I want usually, so that plus the fact that I've found new favourite brands this year is the main reason for me getting involved this year. Thanks for the heads-up re RC, I knew she wouldn't have Wildflower because she doesn't stock them any more but interesting that she'll have Lollipop Posse and is going to be a stockist for Garden Path, so I might end up with a few of those after all. Apparently I don't have Straight Floatin' so I might get that one, it looks pretty.
I have been in the same mindset about polish before, sometimes a break is nice, and although I've got a long way before I catch you up I know I have way too many. I am serious about flogging some off though, just working my way through what I've got to list for eBay at the moment before I take the plunge and go through my stash. So that makes me feel less bad about buying a few more! Plus I'm almost certainly over Illyrian now, in a few days I'll claim against her and hopefully never go there again, so considering she's been my main weakness for a couple of years that should help me cut down - Nailed It and Wildflower come in much smaller amounts so far. And PfD I've been just Black Friday shopping with for a couple of years really.
I do find I buy less polish in spring/summer anyway, I'm an autumn/winter colours kind of shopper I think.
Fortunately I don't have any other major obsessions going on at the moment.

PearlyQueen

Meh, I don't want the FTLOP box. The Rogue is nice, but yet another blue flakie polish from PfD. Boring. I guess I'll order Kiki and possibly the BKL from RC.
Agree! The Pahlish is not my thing, the Rogue is OK though I'm not a big fan of the brand and the PfD is quite nice but nothing in any way unique or outstanding. Money saved for my Harlow order! I have now seen the afterparty polish by Nailed It and won't be getting that one. So H&C/PPU/maybe RC for Lollipop Posse/Garden Path/new Nailed It collection...
Still not a cheap month!

Anitacska

The last package has finally arrived at Stackry (took FedEx a whole week ffs!), so I've requested consolidation. 2 packages only just reached the 45 day mark and one is at 48, so hopefully there won't be much extra to pay.

PearlyQueen

The last package has finally arrived at Stackry (took FedEx a whole week ffs!), so I've requested consolidation. 2 packages only just reached the 45 day mark and one is at 48, so hopefully there won't be much extra to pay.
Good news! Should only be pennies I think. My GLLs are meant to ship by tomorrow, nothing yet though. And nothing from Illyrian.
Just checked out my three PPUs from UK site.

Anitacska

Good news! Should only be pennies I think. My GLLs are meant to ship by tomorrow, nothing yet though. And nothing from Illyrian.
Just checked out my three PPUs from UK site.
Oh I forgot it was PPU day. The Afterparty preorder starts tomorrow at RC, must remember that.

I just realised I have Straight Floatin' from Lollipop Posse if you want to add it for swap.

Anitacska

Well that was quick! I consolidated and paid for my shipment, and I've already got a tracking number. Apparently due to be delivered on Monday.

Anitacska

Forgot to say I had a $10 referral bonus at Stackry, so that helped a little with the cost.
Also, I won $10 from Femme Fatale, so that went towards my order (I bought the whole set).
Just ordered the PfD and BKL from RC. Sadly no discounts there.

Anitacska

My Stackry delivery was a day late, but it arrived first thing this morning, so that's not too bad. Here are the polishes I got (Midnight was helping):

IMG_20210706_171005294.jpg

I also got these from Emily de Molly. So pretty!

IMG_20210706_173049395.jpg

My PPU UK order came yesterday:

IMG_20210705_112741684.jpg

I have loads of manis to show, but I've been really busy (and quite stressed), so not had time to crop them. Maybe at the weekend.

PearlyQueen

Forgot to say I had a $10 referral bonus at Stackry, so that helped a little with the cost.
Also, I won $10 from Femme Fatale, so that went towards my order (I bought the whole set).
Just ordered the PfD and BKL from RC. Sadly no discounts there.
Yay for many discounts! The FFs are actually really nice - I was tempted for the first time since stopping buying the brand. Sorry I've not been around - usually I get a ping when someone posts on here, but nothing's come in since I was last on the forum, yet I see posts!

PearlyQueen

My Stackry delivery was a day late, but it arrived first thing this morning, so that's not too bad. Here are the polishes I got (Midnight was helping):

View attachment 69537

I also got these from Emily de Molly. So pretty!

View attachment 69538

My PPU UK order came yesterday:

View attachment 69539

I have loads of manis to show, but I've been really busy (and quite stressed), so not had time to crop them. Maybe at the weekend.
Wow, what a lot of pretty things! The turquoise Tonic stands out in your big pic I must admit. Is it from the latest release? Your EdM tools are dead cool! And your PPU order is really nice too. I'm surprised at how pretty the PfD topper is, it might be on my next swaplist!!! Midnight is sooo cute, might also be on my next swaplist...
How is Max doing?

PearlyQueen

Yesterday I initiated a Paypal claim for Illyrian with a contact to seller via them, I'll give it a couple of days before I escalate but I fear that my Illyrian days are over, so sad but what an annoyance I won't have in my life any more. GLL messed me about a bit as well, they said "next Friday" when I asked when they were shipping, I left it till the weekend and asked if they'd shipped, cheeky sod said she already told me - next Friday! So it looks like I'll have storage charges, hopefully low though as I got the notice yesterday. Grrrr.
I haven't bought anything since my Harlow order.

PearlyQueen

And here's my latest mani - Nails Inc Orchard St, topped with Nails Inc Silver Caviar:
orchard street silver caviar 3.JPG orchard street silver caviar 1.JPG orchard street silver caviar 2.JPG

Not the most exciting, and it's nicer in bright light when the caviar adds a lot of shine. But the topcoat weirdly made the mani duller than without it, so I had to add G&G on top!

boschicka

Yesterday I initiated a Paypal claim for Illyrian with a contact to seller via them, I'll give it a couple of days before I escalate but I fear that my Illyrian days are over, so sad but what an annoyance I won't have in my life any more. GLL messed me about a bit as well, they said "next Friday" when I asked when they were shipping, I left it till the weekend and asked if they'd shipped, cheeky sod said she already told me - next Friday! So it looks like I'll have storage charges, hopefully low though as I got the notice yesterday. Grrrr.
I haven't bought anything since my Harlow order.
Wow, that's a gross response. These brand owners should be aware of what their international customers are facing in dealing with forwarding companies.

Anitacska

Yay for many discounts! The FFs are actually really nice - I was tempted for the first time since stopping buying the brand. Sorry I've not been around - usually I get a ping when someone posts on here, but nothing's come in since I was last on the forum, yet I see posts!
I've been really busy, so not been on here much either. I'll try to post some mani pictures soon. Currently listing stuff on Depop, my finances are in a dire state. :(

Latest posts