Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Meant to add, decided against FTLOP after all - I like the PfD more than I thought, but the Pahlish is nowhere near as nice as I expected. Do love the Quixotic a LOT but not buying three to get one.
I also think I've picked just three from PPU, the Nailed It, Lacquered UP and PfDs. I'll probably Stackry them this time. I've been tempted by an EdM order this week, resisted so far but the prices are good, just get to free US shipping and lots of pretty polishes... the more I contemplate, the more tempted I am!

Anitacska

I know you're sick of the sight of it, but I'm wearing Blood Red Opal again this week, and I'm not bored with it yet. The bottle is also still almost full, I think it might have some kind of spell of bottomless polish on it, there's barely a fill line! But I love it, so that's actually a good thing...
View attachment 69636 View attachment 69635
No, not at all. It's very pretty, if you love it, wear it.

Anitacska

Meant to add, decided against FTLOP after all - I like the PfD more than I thought, but the Pahlish is nowhere near as nice as I expected. Do love the Quixotic a LOT but not buying three to get one.
I also think I've picked just three from PPU, the Nailed It, Lacquered UP and PfDs. I'll probably Stackry them this time. I've been tempted by an EdM order this week, resisted so far but the prices are good, just get to free US shipping and lots of pretty polishes... the more I contemplate, the more tempted I am!
I really like the Pahlish, but if you don't get the box, I'll live. Or if you do decide to buy it after all, I'll buy the Pahlish off you? Either way, I'm not that fussed.

I just ordered from PPU, got the Pahlish, EDK and KBShimmer. I wasn't even sure I was going to order, but I do like those a lot, so decided to get them. I was contemplating the Nailed It too, so if you get it, I'll pop it on my swaplist.

PearlyQueen

I really like the Pahlish, but if you don't get the box, I'll live. Or if you do decide to buy it after all, I'll buy the Pahlish off you? Either way, I'm not that fussed.
I just ordered from PPU, got the Pahlish, EDK and KBShimmer. I wasn't even sure I was going to order, but I do like those a lot, so decided to get them. I was contemplating the Nailed It too, so if you get it, I'll pop it on my swaplist.
Thanks for the offer but I'm definitely skipping FTLOP this time.
I just put my order in for PPU to Stackry, got the three I listed and you're welcome to put the Nailed It on your swaplist.
I like your choices too, there were a few others I could have added to mine but I am trying to keep the numbers under control!

Anitacska

Thanks for the offer but I'm definitely skipping FTLOP this time.
I just put my order in for PPU to Stackry, got the three I listed and you're welcome to put the Nailed It on your swaplist.
I like your choices too, there were a few others I could have added to mine but I am trying to keep the numbers under control!
No, that's fair enough. I'm not that desperate for more polish, lol.

PearlyQueen

Hi Anita, I was looking at the EdM site again and my order appears to be growing, I thought I'd check with you if you have any of these so I can cull and add to swap list instead!
Here We Go Again
It Never Ends
Hold Me Close
Raise the Stakes
Pushing My Luck
Rock Solid
Glances to Stares
Might Be a Scene
LE 264
Dreamscapes and Visions
Card Trick
Sea of Lies

Thanks!
xxx

Anitacska

Hi Anita, I was looking at the EdM site again and my order appears to be growing, I thought I'd check with you if you have any of these so I can cull and add to swap list instead!
Here We Go Again
It Never Ends
Hold Me Close
Raise the Stakes
Pushing My Luck
Rock Solid
Glances to Stares
Might Be a Scene
LE 264
Dreamscapes and Visions
Card Trick
Sea of Lies

Thanks!
xxx
I have all of these except for Rock Solid and Dreamscapes and Visions (which I did contemplate getting, so if you get it, I might pop it on my swaplist).

Anitacska

I haven't posted any mani pictures in ages. I've been busy, stressed, tired and uninspired. I have managed to crop some pictures finally, so here are a few. First mani is Femme Fatale D-Qwon's Dance Moves. It was okay, but the formula and texture were a little odd.

IMG_20210729_101955994.jpg

IMG_20210729_101934652.jpg

IMG_20210729_101926005.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish Charlie with Polished for Days Lurkers. I really liked both of these polishes.

IMG_20210731_111113559.jpg

IMG_20210731_111118212.jpg

IMG_20210731_111149042.jpg

This is Dreamland I Love One Direction, Okay? from a recent PPU (May/June?). It's so glowy!

IMG_20210802_142330796.jpg

IMG_20210802_165813622.jpg

IMG_20210802_165856554.jpg

Anitacska

A few more manis. This is Femme Fatale Reliquary of Souls. Nothing special.

IMG_20210804_142238686.jpg

IMG_20210804_142251314.jpg

Next is Girly Bits Belly Jeans with Tonic Polish Winter Wonderland topped with ILNP Atlantis on the accents. Multichrome, holo, flakies, what's not to like?

IMG_20210806_124445581.jpg

IMG_20210806_124500653.jpg

IMG_20210806_124510716.jpg

IMG_20210806_124110210.jpg

I have more, but of course my son is asking for the computer. I'll try to post more later.

PearlyQueen

I haven't posted any mani pictures in ages. I've been busy, stressed, tired and uninspired. I have managed to crop some pictures finally, so here are a few. First mani is Femme Fatale D-Qwon's Dance Moves. It was okay, but the formula and texture were a little odd.

View attachment 69637

View attachment 69638

View attachment 69639

Next is Tonic Polish Charlie with Polished for Days Lurkers. I really liked both of these polishes.

View attachment 69640

View attachment 69641

View attachment 69642

This is Dreamland I Love One Direction, Okay? from a recent PPU (May/June?). It's so glowy!

View attachment 69643

View attachment 69644

View attachment 69645
Sorry to hear you've been feeling low, hope things pick up soon :knuddel:

These are very pretty manis! Love the Tonic & PfD one (and I love Lurkers in particular, adored it when I wore it) and that Dreamland is such a pretty colour.

PearlyQueen

A few more manis. This is Femme Fatale Reliquary of Souls. Nothing special.

View attachment 69646

View attachment 69647

Next is Girly Bits Belly Jeans with Tonic Polish Winter Wonderland topped with ILNP Atlantis on the accents. Multichrome, holo, flakies, what's not to like?

View attachment 69648

View attachment 69650

View attachment 69651

View attachment 69652

I have more, but of course my son is asking for the computer. I'll try to post more later.
These are also very nice!

PearlyQueen

I have all of these except for Rock Solid and Dreamscapes and Visions (which I did contemplate getting, so if you get it, I might pop it on my swaplist).
Thanks Anita, I'll let you know if I pick up those EdMs, been a little spendy recently - I want a few from Polished Gamers box tonight, bought a few Shleees on Friday and also ordered a few polishes from Hypnotic (we'll see how much they end up costing me....).
My H&C turned up this week with no customs - yay!
Also currently thinking about another RC order, I need to calm down on this soon, not yet decided but tempted! I only "quite like" one of the new Nailed It polishes, but have another 10 items in my basket without breaking a sweat, need to sit on hands and make smart choices I think.
I also got hacked last week, someone spent £3K on my credit card on Amazon, fortunately the card co have sorted it out, but it doesn't half make you think (and I had no cc for a few days!). Worrying. I spent several days in a state of panic that I would be stuck with the debt. Not fun.

Anitacska

Thanks Anita, I'll let you know if I pick up those EdMs, been a little spendy recently - I want a few from Polished Gamers box tonight, bought a few Shleees on Friday and also ordered a few polishes from Hypnotic (we'll see how much they end up costing me....).
My H&C turned up this week with no customs - yay!
Also currently thinking about another RC order, I need to calm down on this soon, not yet decided but tempted! I only "quite like" one of the new Nailed It polishes, but have another 10 items in my basket without breaking a sweat, need to sit on hands and make smart choices I think.
I also got hacked last week, someone spent £3K on my credit card on Amazon, fortunately the card co have sorted it out, but it doesn't half make you think (and I had no cc for a few days!). Worrying. I spent several days in a state of panic that I would be stuck with the debt. Not fun.
Oh no, that's terrible! We once had our card cloned and they spent several grand on it, but the credit card company sorted it out. I also had to cancel my card last month because there was a dodgy activity on it, but it was only one thing for $20 or so. It is very annoying, but luckily credit card companies sort things out.

Spendy is my middle name, lol, although I've not actually bought many polishes lately, but I did buy other stuff. I got 2 polishes from HHC on Friday, but that's all. I think I have 7 polishes in Stackry and probably won't have more now until I have to empty it, but there is other stuff.

Anitacska

A few more manis, first is Emily de Molly Warm Seas Rising with Different Dimension Aquila on the accents.

IMG_20210808_123116919.jpg

IMG_20210808_123126565.jpg

IMG_20210808_121553513.jpg

Next is Enchanted Polish Castle on a Cloud (2013 untried) topped with Esmaltes da Kelly Pansie on the accents. I really like the EdK, it has some flakies as well as glitter and it's so pretty.

IMG_20210810_161524517.jpg

IMG_20210810_161446760.jpg

This is FUN Lacquer Blessing with Glam Polish Exquisite topped with Pahlish Realm of Eldritch on the accents. I really love the Pahlish, it's such a cool topper.

IMG_20210812_130136078.jpg

IMG_20210812_130203346.jpg

IMG_20210812_130213465.jpg

I also did my toes, probably for the last time this year. It's Femme Fatale Midnight Haze, one of the old holos, much prettier irl than the picture shows.

IMG_20210815_132410215.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210812_130217058.jpg
    IMG_20210812_130217058.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 0

Anitacska

I didn't buy the Alchemy after all, it wasn't worth $18 to me (with shipping and consolidation). Also Femme Fatale is releasing a 10-year-anniversary mega collection, so I have a feeling I will want a good few of those. And Tonic has sent some polishes to Cosmetic Sanctuary, and although there isn't a release date yet, it'll probably be fairly soon.

I received my Glams today and yesterday (they almost never arrive all at once). I like them, but I'm a bit annoyed with Obi-Wan as I'm sure I have something from Glam with the same flakies already, probably from a Halloween collection. I haven't swatched it, but I need to check. I got sucked in by the flakies, but should've known they'd be similar to other polishes. I find most of her newer ones are variations of older ones. That said, I really like I'm Not That Innocent and Thumbelina.

IMG_20210818_121036572.jpg

IMG_20210819_120514906.jpg

PearlyQueen

A few more manis, first is Emily de Molly Warm Seas Rising with Different Dimension Aquila on the accents.

View attachment 69659

View attachment 69660

View attachment 69661

Next is Enchanted Polish Castle on a Cloud (2013 untried) topped with Esmaltes da Kelly Pansie on the accents. I really like the EdK, it has some flakies as well as glitter and it's so pretty.

View attachment 69662

View attachment 69663

This is FUN Lacquer Blessing with Glam Polish Exquisite topped with Pahlish Realm of Eldritch on the accents. I really love the Pahlish, it's such a cool topper.

View attachment 69664

View attachment 69665

View attachment 69667

I also did my toes, probably for the last time this year. It's Femme Fatale Midnight Haze, one of the old holos, much prettier irl than the picture shows.

View attachment 69668
Oo, nice manis! I'd forgotten about how nice Blessing is, from back in the day when I bought my FUNs (and I've actually worn this one!). The Pahlish is very cool too! I never considered wearing the EP "Castles" on their own, only used as a topper myself, but they are really pretty either way!

PearlyQueen

I didn't buy the Alchemy after all, it wasn't worth $18 to me (with shipping and consolidation). Also Femme Fatale is releasing a 10-year-anniversary mega collection, so I have a feeling I will want a good few of those. And Tonic has sent some polishes to Cosmetic Sanctuary, and although there isn't a release date yet, it'll probably be fairly soon.

I received my Glams today and yesterday (they almost never arrive all at once). I like them, but I'm a bit annoyed with Obi-Wan as I'm sure I have something from Glam with the same flakies already, probably from a Halloween collection. I haven't swatched it, but I need to check. I got sucked in by the flakies, but should've known they'd be similar to other polishes. I find most of her newer ones are variations of older ones. That said, I really like I'm Not That Innocent and Thumbelina.

View attachment 69669

View attachment 69670
Cute order! I didn't remember you'd ordered those toppers! I'm Not That Innocent is a very intriguing polish, look forward to seeing it on you in a few years!!! Yes, it's very annoying when you end up with things identical to what you had before, and it's so easy to do (especially if you have a "type" - red flakies anyone???).
Speaking of red flakies... are you ordering from the new collections? There's one there I must have, doubt I'll get more than that though. I bet you can guess which one floats my boat!
Don't blame you on the Alchemy, it's a lot when you add shipping and consolidation together for a single polish. I'm probably going to skip the EdMs for the same reason, I was also looking at some EDKs but ended up with a big Lemming order instead. I may go back to either nearer shipping time, but I've also got my eye on a few at RC so who knows...
At least my Stackry box now looks worthwhile (Sparkle & Shine box, 2 Lacquered UPs, 3 PPUs, 4 Polished Gamers, 12 Lemmings). I can squeeze a few more in there but probably not too many if I want to keep the value low enough to avoid customs!

Latest posts