Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

My Glam order arrived on Wednesday. I like them all, although the two holos aren't the most unique.

IMG_20211119_103136095.jpg

Now that I've seen the swatches for the new collections, I actually want to get a few. I think I'll pass on the rainbow flakie polish though as it's not quite what I expected. I do like We Kick Evil's Ass Every Day, The Charmed Ones and Every Cinderella Needs A Fairy Godmother.

Anitacska

I have a few more mani pictures to show. First is Orly Beautiful Disaster topped with Color Club Fame & Fortune on the accents. Both were 2013 untrieds. Wasn't that keen on the CC, but the Orly was nice.

IMG_20211108_102029359.jpg

IMG_20211108_122502022.jpg

IMG_20211108_122517264.jpg

Next is Color Club Tougher Than Nails topped with Lilypad Lacquer We're All Mad Here on the accents. I really liked them both. The colour was hard to capture, it was probably closest to the second picture (and the colour of the wall in my dining room).

IMG_20211110_111919697.jpg

IMG_20211110_112034742.jpg

IMG_20211110_112046708.jpg

This is Femme Fatale Golden Egg topped with Hits MTV Collection Golden Spell (2013 untried) on the accents. Both were okay, the shift in the FF is actually pretty cool.

IMG_20211112_131510431.jpg

IMG_20211112_131521824.jpg

IMG_20211112_131536970.jpg

IMG_20211112_131603468.jpg

Have you bought anything in the sales yet? I haven't, but hoping to score some polishes from PfD. I like 2 of the new collection too, plus I have a long list of older shades I'd like to get. I'm not happy it starts at 2 am though, I slept through it last year, hopefully I'll be able to stay awake/wake up tonight. I've not been feeling too great, so been quite tired and nodding off early. We'll see.

PearlyQueen

I can't say it impressed me - waiting for swatches though as they often look different. I agree about the multi flakie one, intriguing. I just had shipping notices for my open order though so they'll have to be worth opening a new one for if I'm going to buy anything. I don't have a long list of brands I plan to buy from on Black Friday, really just PfD at the moment, but that often changes once I get going! And once brands list what they're offering of course.
I went a bit mad with the Glams, got The Charmed Ones, Vanquish Demon First, Kill Husband Later, We Kick Evil's Ass Every Day and Hey You Guys! Added some sale polishes, plus the permitted 3 doorbusters (I hated having a choice but without pictures!). Was quite happy till I realised how much the shipping was, I usually only buy 2 or 3 at a time, those numbers add up very quickly though :(

PearlyQueen

I have some mani pictures to show. First is Tonic Polish My Magic Wine. It was okay.

View attachment 69943

View attachment 69944

View attachment 69945

View attachment 69946

Next is Emily de Molly LE 23 with Emily de Molly Gilded Grove on the accents. They are very similar (and released at a similar time, so I'm guessing LE 23 might have been a prototype for Gilded Grove), but LE 23 has some holo and less flakies.

View attachment 69947

View attachment 69948

View attachment 69949

This is Lilypad Lacquer Good Girl Gone Bad with Urban Nail Art Moonwalk on the accents. The Lilypad is such a gorgeous purple, she used to make some really great holos. I don't really buy from her nowadays, I think she only does collabs and her polishes are always among the most expensive ones.

View attachment 69950

View attachment 69951

View attachment 69952

My PPU order has been dispatched, it's coming with Hermes, I hope they won't hold onto it for days again. The Glam polishes should be picked up today, I saw Kay post about it in the group. My Femme Fatales are en route to the group buy organiser. There are 32 of them, so I'm seriously thinking about driving to hers to pick them up as I really don't trust Hermes and it would cost me over £25 with the Royal Mail. She's about 45 minutes away which isn't too bad.
These are all really nice.

PearlyQueen

My Glam order arrived on Wednesday. I like them all, although the two holos aren't the most unique.

View attachment 69955

Now that I've seen the swatches for the new collections, I actually want to get a few. I think I'll pass on the rainbow flakie polish though as it's not quite what I expected. I do like We Kick Evil's Ass Every Day, The Charmed Ones and Every Cinderella Needs A Fairy Godmother.
These are cute - really like the first one.

PearlyQueen

I have a few more mani pictures to show. First is Orly Beautiful Disaster topped with Color Club Fame & Fortune on the accents. Both were 2013 untrieds. Wasn't that keen on the CC, but the Orly was nice.

View attachment 69957

View attachment 69958

View attachment 69959

Next is Color Club Tougher Than Nails topped with Lilypad Lacquer We're All Mad Here on the accents. I really liked them both. The colour was hard to capture, it was probably closest to the second picture (and the colour of the wall in my dining room).

View attachment 69960

View attachment 69961

View attachment 69962

This is Femme Fatale Golden Egg topped with Hits MTV Collection Golden Spell (2013 untried) on the accents. Both were okay, the shift in the FF is actually pretty cool.

View attachment 69963

View attachment 69964

View attachment 69965

View attachment 69966

Have you bought anything in the sales yet? I haven't, but hoping to score some polishes from PfD. I like 2 of the new collection too, plus I have a long list of older shades I'd like to get. I'm not happy it starts at 2 am though, I slept through it last year, hopefully I'll be able to stay awake/wake up tonight. I've not been feeling too great, so been quite tired and nodding off early. We'll see.
Love these manis, the Orly is nice but I adore the lovely greens most.

PearlyQueen

So I've gone a bit mad on the BF sales. I had a bad feeling...
Apart from the Glams listed above, I got a huge PfD list (loved that delivery last year so although it cost a lot, hopefully it will live up to my expectations). I added an overpour set of three, with an accompanying list of things I already own, hoping they sort me out with that.
In addition and unexpectedly I did the following:
Beautometry - I had a small list, they sent me a 25% off code, I went to get my few polishes, found they'd restocked the Natural Beauties collection I've been wanting and ended up buying loads, mostly EDKs.
Wildflower - Bought loads of mystery polishes plus some of the limited editions for BF (I don't usually get mysteries, but I added 3 Tangled Tinsel bags and an overpour set, haven't bought many collab Wildflowers so hopefully they'll be something I don't own...) Wildflower did sell out of my favourite small batch before I managed to check out just 2 minutes after launch. They're planning a 2.0 though, hopefully get that later.
Garden Path - Bought the set of four new ones, two of the BF single pours and 2 overpours (at least I know I haven't bought much from them so hopefully be nice as I've fancied a few of the collab/HHC/PPU offerings and bought none of them).
I'm still contemplating EDM, ILNP and Pahlish as well.
Sadly I have to add two lots of Stackry to the costs, I needed to consolidate today (Lemming, Shleee and Nailed It only) - hoped to hold off and get my BFs in the same batch but most of them are talking weeks to ship and today was day 45, so I bit the bullet.
I hope you've been better than me, I've wiped out my Paypal savings and way more. Also was hoping Great Lakes would appear, still holding off for those if it happens. It's listed as a thing on the website but I'm not a group member and she's posted nothing on FB or Instagram for a few months so I don't think there will be a release this weekend.

Anitacska

So I've gone a bit mad on the BF sales. I had a bad feeling...
Apart from the Glams listed above, I got a huge PfD list (loved that delivery last year so although it cost a lot, hopefully it will live up to my expectations). I added an overpour set of three, with an accompanying list of things I already own, hoping they sort me out with that.
In addition and unexpectedly I did the following:
Beautometry - I had a small list, they sent me a 25% off code, I went to get my few polishes, found they'd restocked the Natural Beauties collection I've been wanting and ended up buying loads, mostly EDKs.
Wildflower - Bought loads of mystery polishes plus some of the limited editions for BF (I don't usually get mysteries, but I added 3 Tangled Tinsel bags and an overpour set, haven't bought many collab Wildflowers so hopefully they'll be something I don't own...) Wildflower did sell out of my favourite small batch before I managed to check out just 2 minutes after launch. They're planning a 2.0 though, hopefully get that later.
Garden Path - Bought the set of four new ones, two of the BF single pours and 2 overpours (at least I know I haven't bought much from them so hopefully be nice as I've fancied a few of the collab/HHC/PPU offerings and bought none of them).
I'm still contemplating EDM, ILNP and Pahlish as well.
Sadly I have to add two lots of Stackry to the costs, I needed to consolidate today (Lemming, Shleee and Nailed It only) - hoped to hold off and get my BFs in the same batch but most of them are talking weeks to ship and today was day 45, so I bit the bullet.
I hope you've been better than me, I've wiped out my Paypal savings and way more. Also was hoping Great Lakes would appear, still holding off for those if it happens. It's listed as a thing on the website but I'm not a group member and she's posted nothing on FB or Instagram for a few months so I don't think there will be a release this weekend.
Wow, that's quite a haul!

I haven't bought too much, got 4 Glams from the new collection (the 3 I mentioned earlier plus the multicolour flakie topper, I caved in after all) and 3 of the doorbusters, and yeah, the shipping cost was a bit shocking at $17! But at least there are no extra fees and customs on top of that. Hope the doorbusters will be nice, I chose the names I liked best: Beautiful Strangers, Sweet Child O' Mine and Kiss the Rain.

I managed to wake up in time for the PfD sale (after napping for 2 hours in front of the telly) and bought everything I wanted: the entire Whole New World collection and 2-3 from each collection since then, plus the new soft focus basecoat.

I'm planning on buying some EdMs tonight, there are 14 in my cart and I want one of the new ones that are not up yet. Then I'm done. I've been obsessed with buying perfumes again, so can't really afford any more anyway, or even these, but I really love my EdMs. Food is overrated, right? :LOL:

Interestingly I looked at ILNP and there aren't any polishes I want. I last ordered from her during BF 2020 and she hasn't released anything interesting all year.

I had a look in the Great Lakes group for you and she hasn't posted anything. I find it so odd when makers disappear like this, I mean just how long does it take to post in Facebook to say you're taking a break or whatever? Same with Quixotic, she seems to have disappeared too, with some unfulfilled orders. I just don't get it, send the orders or refund the money. If you're not well enough to do it yourself, ask someone to help.

I'm planning on picking up my Femme Fatales on Sunday, 32 new polishes! They're from June-August, so looking forward to finally having them.

PearlyQueen

Wow, that's quite a haul!

I haven't bought too much, got 4 Glams from the new collection (the 3 I mentioned earlier plus the multicolour flakie topper, I caved in after all) and 3 of the doorbusters, and yeah, the shipping cost was a bit shocking at $17! But at least there are no extra fees and customs on top of that. Hope the doorbusters will be nice, I chose the names I liked best: Beautiful Strangers, Sweet Child O' Mine and Kiss the Rain.

I managed to wake up in time for the PfD sale (after napping for 2 hours in front of the telly) and bought everything I wanted: the entire Whole New World collection and 2-3 from each collection since then, plus the new soft focus basecoat.

I'm planning on buying some EdMs tonight, there are 14 in my cart and I want one of the new ones that are not up yet. Then I'm done. I've been obsessed with buying perfumes again, so can't really afford any more anyway, or even these, but I really love my EdMs. Food is overrated, right? :LOL:

Interestingly I looked at ILNP and there aren't any polishes I want. I last ordered from her during BF 2020 and she hasn't released anything interesting all year.

I had a look in the Great Lakes group for you and she hasn't posted anything. I find it so odd when makers disappear like this, I mean just how long does it take to post in Facebook to say you're taking a break or whatever? Same with Quixotic, she seems to have disappeared too, with some unfulfilled orders. I just don't get it, send the orders or refund the money. If you're not well enough to do it yourself, ask someone to help.

I'm planning on picking up my Femme Fatales on Sunday, 32 new polishes! They're from June-August, so looking forward to finally having them.
Yeah, my Glam shipping was $23... I chose Born This Way, Sexy and I Know It, and Genie in a Bottle. Who knows what they'll be! I loved some of last year's but you just can't tell! I set an alarm for PfD, ordered the new SF base coat too, none of the new collection though.
My EdM list is really short after you helped me trim it a while back, it's now just the two from my old list you don't have plus Stuck in the Clouds, Cherry Waves and It's Never Enough - so would be cheap, but no free shipping, so undecided. I didn't know more were coming tonight though!
I think I've decided ILNP can wait till next year (they were all still in my basket from last BF!).
Still contemplating the Pahlishes.
Thanks for looking at GLL for me, I will stop obsessively refreshing everything! I wondered why I hadn't seen new Quixotics for a while, owing money and disappearing is very poor.
Hope you have a nice drive to pick up the FFs! (Hopefully the snow forecast won't come true!)

Anitacska

Yeah, my Glam shipping was $23... I chose Born This Way, Sexy and I Know It, and Genie in a Bottle. Who knows what they'll be! I loved some of last year's but you just can't tell! I set an alarm for PfD, ordered the new SF base coat too, none of the new collection though.
My EdM list is really short after you helped me trim it a while back, it's now just the two from my old list you don't have plus Stuck in the Clouds, Cherry Waves and It's Never Enough - so would be cheap, but no free shipping, so undecided. I didn't know more were coming tonight though!
I think I've decided ILNP can wait till next year (they were all still in my basket from last BF!).
Still contemplating the Pahlishes.
Thanks for looking at GLL for me, I will stop obsessively refreshing everything! I wondered why I hadn't seen new Quixotics for a while, owing money and disappearing is very poor.
Hope you have a nice drive to pick up the FFs! (Hopefully the snow forecast won't come true!)
Thanks. I'd forgotten about the snow! We don't often get snow around here (it's blooming cold though), but Helen lives north of London, so they might. I'll need to check with her on Sunday morning. Plus need to remember to put antifreeze in my car!

I'm not planning on getting those 3 polishes unfortunately, but if you like, I can add them to my order and you can Paypal me the price? The extra shipping from Stackry shouldn't be much and it's just £3 UK postage. Let me know. She has some LEs, cremes and toppers coming out tonight, some of the LEs are nice, but not that amazing to me. I'm getting one of the toppers, it's a UP type topper with a sheer blue base, called Cold Tolerance.

PearlyQueen

Thanks. I'd forgotten about the snow! We don't often get snow around here (it's blooming cold though), but Helen lives north of London, so they might. I'll need to check with her on Sunday morning. Plus need to remember to put antifreeze in my car!

I'm not planning on getting those 3 polishes unfortunately, but if you like, I can add them to my order and you can Paypal me the price? The extra shipping from Stackry shouldn't be much and it's just £3 UK postage. Let me know. She has some LEs, cremes and toppers coming out tonight, some of the LEs are nice, but not that amazing to me. I'm getting one of the toppers, it's a UP type topper with a sheer blue base, called Cold Tolerance.
Anita - that would be brilliant, thank you! Would be much cheaper than paying internal US postage plus consolidation fees. Could you also add Rock Solid if you're not getting it?

PearlyQueen

What did you get?

My washing machine stopped working this morning, so just as well I didn't want to buy any more polishes. No idea how much it'll cost to fix it, but the callout charge alone is £100, so... Ugh, typical.
I got Pegasus, Calcifer, the New Year mystery polish, Once Upon a Dream and Be Prepared, the freebie is Fantasia.

Latest posts