Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I didn't order from Glam either. I like the KBShimmer and the Great Lakes the most from PPU, I might get a couple of others, but not sure yet. I saw the FTLOP box today, I'm passing on it again.

So my Stackry box remains empty for now.
I have quite a big PPU basket, with both the Garden Paths (not sure about the new one though), Noodles, Great Lakes, Wildflower, Paint It Pretty, Ethereal and Night Owl. I may cull again but I like what's there. I dumped the Nailed It as I wasn't convinced by the base pink colour and it looks really similar to the one I bought a couple of PPUs ago. I could happily add loads more including the KB Shimmer which is lovely but that seems more than enough.
I haven't seen FTLOP yet. I know there's a pink and a green though, seems unlikely I'll go for it but I can't decide for sure on the sneaky peek bottom of bottles pic on Instagram!

Anitacska

I have quite a big PPU basket, with both the Garden Paths (not sure about the new one though), Noodles, Great Lakes, Wildflower, Paint It Pretty, Ethereal and Night Owl. I may cull again but I like what's there. I dumped the Nailed It as I wasn't convinced by the base pink colour and it looks really similar to the one I bought a couple of PPUs ago. I could happily add loads more including the KB Shimmer which is lovely but that seems more than enough.
I haven't seen FTLOP yet. I know there's a pink and a green though, seems unlikely I'll go for it but I can't decide for sure on the sneaky peek bottom of bottles pic on Instagram!

Here you go.
img_1_1648580159575.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-195539.png

Anitacska

I ended up getting my entire wish list from PPU - spent ages trying to decide what I should cull but couldn't decide!
I only got 3, the FF, GLL and KBShimmer. I was a bit unsure about the GLL, not that it's not pretty, but I must have some other similar polishes, but got it in the end anyway.

I also got 2 polishes from FF, that's through the UK group buy.

Anitacska

Current mani: Femme Fatale Neverland topped with Topshop Junkyard (2013 untried). Excuse the tipwear and the dry winter skin, I only had time to take pictures while I was sitting in the car waiting for my eldest to finish his theory driving test and it was so cold, my fingers were freezing.

IMG_20220331_132837564.jpg

The FF is a fun tri-thermal, once my hands were warming up, at one point I had differend coloured nails.

IMG_20220331_133343341.jpg

Finally, all fingers warmed up and the sun came out!

IMG_20220331_133823897.jpg

It's been so cold here and going between sunny and snowing! Wtf? Someone tell the weather it's April, lol.

In another news I got some antibiotics for my infected finger. It's not much better yet, maybe slightly, but I've only been taking the meds for 2 days.

Max had an operation on Tuesday to remove some pins from his spine that aren't needed anymore in the hope that it might help with his movement and nerves. His left leg still hasn't improved much and they've found that he also has a dodgy left hip, probably not due to the accident, but not helped by it either. They kept him in overnight, but now he's home (well, now he's with the ex, but he was here for 2 days) and seems happy and not in pain. We'll see if the removal of the pins has helped or not, but at the moment he's just as mobile as he was, in fact it was really difficult to drag him home from the park yesterday. He's only allowed short walks, plus it was freezing, so I tried to get him back to the car after 10 minutes, but he wasn't having it!

PearlyQueen

Current mani: Femme Fatale Neverland topped with Topshop Junkyard (2013 untried). Excuse the tipwear and the dry winter skin, I only had time to take pictures while I was sitting in the car waiting for my eldest to finish his theory driving test and it was so cold, my fingers were freezing.

View attachment 70364

The FF is a fun tri-thermal, once my hands were warming up, at one point I had differend coloured nails.

View attachment 70365

Finally, all fingers warmed up and the sun came out!

View attachment 70366

It's been so cold here and going between sunny and snowing! Wtf? Someone tell the weather it's April, lol.

In another news I got some antibiotics for my infected finger. It's not much better yet, maybe slightly, but I've only been taking the meds for 2 days.

Max had an operation on Tuesday to remove some pins from his spine that aren't needed anymore in the hope that it might help with his movement and nerves. His left leg still hasn't improved much and they've found that he also has a dodgy left hip, probably not due to the accident, but not helped by it either. They kept him in overnight, but now he's home (well, now he's with the ex, but he was here for 2 days) and seems happy and not in pain. We'll see if the removal of the pins has helped or not, but at the moment he's just as mobile as he was, in fact it was really difficult to drag him home from the park yesterday. He's only allowed short walks, plus it was freezing, so I tried to get him back to the car after 10 minutes, but he wasn't having it!
That's a really cool mani!
Hope that the finger is feeling better now.
And yay for Max, glad he's doing OK and loving his park time!

PearlyQueen

I went a bit click-mad tpday and spent a fortune I don't have on Tonic protos from RC - oops! They were soooo pretty though. I missed loads before and was mega hacked off, loads were sold as mysteries and I didn't trust them, then RC did them as a first come first served set of duos on their FB group and I missed out on all of them, and as soon as I saw they were up today I dived in, ended up with three orders and 21 polishes....

Anitacska

I went a bit click-mad tpday and spent a fortune I don't have on Tonic protos from RC - oops! They were soooo pretty though. I missed loads before and was mega hacked off, loads were sold as mysteries and I didn't trust them, then RC did them as a first come first served set of duos on their FB group and I missed out on all of them, and as soon as I saw they were up today I dived in, ended up with three orders and 21 polishes....
Wow, that's a lot of polish! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your haul.

I've mostly given up on Tonic now. She practically closed shop and never even restocked polishes she knew people really wanted. Then she gave hundreds of protos to a buddy who was selling them off (for her own gain) and I just didn't feel like supporting her in that. Also I'm mostly over polishes at the moment. I have so many...

That said, I did buy 8 polishes from Different Dimension. She had a couple of expo exclusives listed and there were a few older ones I wanted, so placed an order. Would've loved to have them sent here (and it would've been free shipping!), but she's still not shipping to the UK, so they're going to Stackry. Not too happy about that, but at least her polishes are very reasonably priced ($10-11) and shipping was free. I have 45 days to add something else to my box, maybe I'll buy from another maker (EdM or PfD most likely). I don't think I want anything from HHC.

Anitacska

Got my PPU order last week, they're really pretty, I'm happy.

IMG_20220404_114053658.jpg

I will try to crop some mani pictures tomorrow, but I'm really tired now. Last week was very hectic and stressful and I still haven't recovered from it.

Anitacska

As promised, here are some mani pictures. First up is Femme Fatale The Monster. This is a thermal. First is mostly warm state:

IMG_20220402_140100364.jpg

Cold state:

IMG_20220402_140416529.jpg

Next is Fair Maiden It's Showtime!

IMG_20220406_115006854.jpg

IMG_20220406_115018915.jpg

This is Emily de Molly Strangeness and Charm.

IMG_20220409_111925678.jpg

IMG_20220409_113314983.jpg

Finally this is Polished for Days Glinda the Good Witch. Such a gorgeous, glowy polish. Very bright, freaked my camera out. Formula was a bit rubbish though, very thick, but then I did get it second hand, so maybe the previous owner didn't take very good care of it.

IMG_20220411_132118391.jpg

IMG_20220411_132114546.jpg

IMG_20220411_132141705.jpg

PearlyQueen

Wow, that's a lot of polish! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your haul.

I've mostly given up on Tonic now. She practically closed shop and never even restocked polishes she knew people really wanted. Then she gave hundreds of protos to a buddy who was selling them off (for her own gain) and I just didn't feel like supporting her in that. Also I'm mostly over polishes at the moment. I have so many...

That said, I did buy 8 polishes from Different Dimension. She had a couple of expo exclusives listed and there were a few older ones I wanted, so placed an order. Would've loved to have them sent here (and it would've been free shipping!), but she's still not shipping to the UK, so they're going to Stackry. Not too happy about that, but at least her polishes are very reasonably priced ($10-11) and shipping was free. I have 45 days to add something else to my box, maybe I'll buy from another maker (EdM or PfD most likely). I don't think I want anything from HHC.
I know! I kept seeing pictures of other people's protos and they looked so pretty. After all the crappy ways RC sold them, it was such a joy to see individual polishes with a picture! I must have missed loads though (bank balance is grateful!) because she started listing them the day before I saw the post. I rushed off and had a basket of about 15, culled it down to a sensible level and checked out. Then almost immediately she listed more I wanted, and I nabbed those too. I hoped that would be it done, but she saved my absolute favourites for the next relist, that time I just got a few, but then after checking out I realised just how much I'd spent, still, who needs to eat anyway?
I also want new Nailed Its and Wildflowers and have a large basket open at Hypnotic ready for the WF restock. I just found out she'll hold your orders and ship together for up to 3 months and 3 orders, so I'll probably ask her to do that so I can add future restocks and get free shipping.
I was thinking I would be much better than this after filling my big Stackry box... But I'm just not. I also fancy some of the new Great Lakes that are coming soon.
It's a shame about Tonic, she had such nice polishes, maybe will be back soon. The no UK shipping thing is so annoying still, shame you had to start a box for those, hope you find something you love to fill it up.
I'm not doing HHC either, waiting to see what PGB has to offer in a couple of days though. I hope nothing! But if I get the GLLs, I'll end up with a new Stackry anyway as no way they'll arrive before I have to empty what's there. I'm still waiting for the ones from LBOH and PGB from last month, everything else has already arrived.
I'm definitely not over polish yet! I've been liking too much recently, which is unusual as usually everything goes all pastels, neons and holos at this time of year, which is when I start to spend less as I don't buy any of those. I usually prefer my winter/Christmas blingy polishes in the jewel tones.

PearlyQueen

As promised, here are some mani pictures. First up is Femme Fatale The Monster. This is a thermal. First is mostly warm state:

View attachment 70387

Cold state:

View attachment 70388

Next is Fair Maiden It's Showtime!

View attachment 70389

View attachment 70390

This is Emily de Molly Strangeness and Charm.

View attachment 70391

View attachment 70392

Finally this is Polished for Days Glinda the Good Witch. Such a gorgeous, glowy polish. Very bright, freaked my camera out. Formula was a bit rubbish though, very thick, but then I did get it second hand, so maybe the previous owner didn't take very good care of it.

View attachment 70393

View attachment 70394

View attachment 70395
These are all nice - Glinda's my favourite! Shame about the formula, it has screen presence. It's funny seeing you wearing just one at a time!
Hope things pick up for you soon xxx

Anitacska

These are all nice - Glinda's my favourite! Shame about the formula, it has screen presence. It's funny seeing you wearing just one at a time!
Hope things pick up for you soon xxx
Thank you! The reason I haven't been wearing any glitter toppers, etc. is because I didn't want to subject my recovering finger to lots of acetone. Also, I just can't be bothered to try and find matching polishes, it's too much hassle.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! The reason I haven't been wearing any glitter toppers, etc. is because I didn't want to subject my recovering finger to lots of acetone. Also, I just can't be bothered to try and find matching polishes, it's too much hassle.
Makes total sense, but it's odd to not see your "signature" style! I can imagine the faff trying to figure out what will go, I have enough trouble finding polishes that work with my toppers!

PearlyQueen

Last week's mani was Illyrian Polish El Jefe:
DSC09249.JPG DSC09251.JPG DSC09254.JPG DSC09255.JPG DSC09259.JPG DSC09260.JPG
I had this up for sale for ages, it didn't sell so I wore it instead, so glad I still have it after all! I found it quite mesmerising, found myself looking at my nails a lot!

Latest posts