Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Last week's mani was Illyrian Polish El Jefe:
View attachment 70397 View attachment 70398 View attachment 70399 View attachment 70400 View attachment 70401 View attachment 70402
I had this up for sale for ages, it didn't sell so I wore it instead, so glad I still have it after all! I found it quite mesmerising, found myself looking at my nails a lot!
This is really pretty! Good thing you didn't sell it!

Sorry I've not been around, I've had too much going on. Haven't bought or received any polish lately. I'll try to post a few manis in a bit.

PearlyQueen

This is really pretty! Good thing you didn't sell it!

Sorry I've not been around, I've had too much going on. Haven't bought or received any polish lately. I'll try to post a few manis in a bit.
No worries, hope everything is OK.
I've backed off the shopping a bit as I'm broke though I did buy a few more Phoenix's.
I've seen a couple of PPU polishes I want so far. Trying to resist the new GLLs because it would mean starting a new Stackry box. I'm already into storage payments on the current one as LBOH apparently takes even longer than other pre-orders, and it's only just shipped.
I don't like any of the new Glams.
But I did mean to show you this:
DSC09378.JPG DSC09381.JPG DSC09382.JPG DSC09384.JPG
It's the Glam Valentine's freebie Blue Dahlia, should have taken its pic with my other mysteries when I posted them, just remembered it now!

Anitacska

Here are my recent manis. I haven't actually worn many polishes, I either keep them on for 3 days instead of 2, or fail to paint my nails once I've taken the polish off as I fall asleep in front of the telly. But anyway, here they are.

First is Polished for Days Eudora. This has a very strong pink shimmer, but my camera couldn't pick it up.

IMG_20220413_160036455.jpg

IMG_20220413_160103079.jpg

IMG_20220413_160123626.jpg

Next is Colors by Llarowe Tank Tops & Flip Flops topped with Dance Legend Circus Circus on the accents (there you go, a "me" mani!).

IMG_20220415_140851515.jpg

IMG_20220415_140945160.jpg

This is Tonic Polish Lemons & Cream. This was my Easter mani, I was going to do some stamping, but you know... I really should've used it over a blurring base coat as it was quite seethrough. Not very impressed, tbh.

IMG_20220417_174433417.jpg

IMG_20220417_174513799.jpg

Next is Glam Polish The Magnificent Marvelous Mad Madam Mim. I took these pictures in Chessington, so they're not the best. But nice polish.

IMG_20220419_121128910.jpg

IMG_20220419_121138126.jpg

Anitacska

No worries, hope everything is OK.
I've backed off the shopping a bit as I'm broke though I did buy a few more Phoenix's.
I've seen a couple of PPU polishes I want so far. Trying to resist the new GLLs because it would mean starting a new Stackry box. I'm already into storage payments on the current one as LBOH apparently takes even longer than other pre-orders, and it's only just shipped.
I don't like any of the new Glams.
But I did mean to show you this:
View attachment 70421 View attachment 70422 View attachment 70423 View attachment 70424
It's the Glam Valentine's freebie Blue Dahlia, should have taken its pic with my other mysteries when I posted them, just remembered it now!
That's pretty! Thanks for showing it.

Have you received your Tonics yet? Would love to see them if you have time to take pictures.

Anitacska

More manis. First is Femme Fatale Skills in Magic . It's okay, but not really a colour that suits me well.

IMG_20220421_144645037.jpg

IMG_20220421_144731884.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish Sylveon over Polished for Days Soft Focus Plum Taupe. I liked it, but it looked more purple (and prettier) in the bottle.

IMG_20220424_122929344.jpg

IMG_20220424_123407221.jpg

IMG_20220424_123417006.jpg

IMG_20220424_123419890.jpg

IMG_20220424_123435437.jpg

My current mani is Femme Fatale Snowy Twilight (very season approproate, lol).

IMG_20220427_130845907.jpg

IMG_20220427_130909702.jpg

PearlyQueen

Here are my recent manis. I haven't actually worn many polishes, I either keep them on for 3 days instead of 2, or fail to paint my nails once I've taken the polish off as I fall asleep in front of the telly. But anyway, here they are.

First is Polished for Days Eudora. This has a very strong pink shimmer, but my camera couldn't pick it up.

View attachment 70425

View attachment 70426

View attachment 70427

Next is Colors by Llarowe Tank Tops & Flip Flops topped with Dance Legend Circus Circus on the accents (there you go, a "me" mani!).

View attachment 70428

View attachment 70429

This is Tonic Polish Lemons & Cream. This was my Easter mani, I was going to do some stamping, but you know... I really should've used it over a blurring base coat as it was quite seethrough. Not very impressed, tbh.

View attachment 70430

View attachment 70431

Next is Glam Polish The Magnificent Marvelous Mad Madam Mim. I took these pictures in Chessington, so they're not the best. But nice polish.

View attachment 70432

View attachment 70433
Yay manis! I love Eudora, not sure it would suit me but it's so pretty. And a signature mani as well, so nice to see! I don't like that yellow Tonic at all, but Madame Mim is really cute. I had naked nails for a day recently too, took polish off then got distracted with work and didn't have time to reapply till next day. I don't like it though! Especially with so many pretties to wear.

PearlyQueen

More manis. First is Femme Fatale Skills in Magic . It's okay, but not really a colour that suits me well.

View attachment 70434

View attachment 70435

Next is Tonic Polish Sylveon over Polished for Days Soft Focus Plum Taupe. I liked it, but it looked more purple (and prettier) in the bottle.

View attachment 70436

View attachment 70437

View attachment 70438

View attachment 70439

View attachment 70440

My current mani is Femme Fatale Snowy Twilight (very season approproate, lol).

View attachment 70441

View attachment 70442
Very nice, I like the Tonic best, though it's always sad when they're not quite as nice as the bottle. I always thought you didn't wear polishes out of season, maybe I'm thinking of someone else!

Anitacska

Very nice, I like the Tonic best, though it's always sad when they're not quite as nice as the bottle. I always thought you didn't wear polishes out of season, maybe I'm thinking of someone else!
No, I do. Since I use a random number generator, I just use whichever polish comes up. Besides, it's a blue polish with a wintery name, but the label has fallen off, so it really is just a blue polish, lol.

Anitacska

Did you buy from Glam? I didn't. There was one I liked (dark blue with glitter), but again couldn't be bothered to order. Femme Fatale is out of action for a few weeks due to surgery, so won't be buying from there this month. Annoyingly also won't be receiving the group buy polishes any time soon, I have 16 on hold. I need to check PPU, I don't even remember if I've liked anything so far.

I've only bought 33 polishes this year so far which is unlike me, I used to buy hundreds every year. I mean it's not bad, I was bound to get to this stage eventually with 6600 polishes! :eek:

PearlyQueen

Did you buy from Glam? I didn't. There was one I liked (dark blue with glitter), but again couldn't be bothered to order. Femme Fatale is out of action for a few weeks due to surgery, so won't be buying from there this month. Annoyingly also won't be receiving the group buy polishes any time soon, I have 16 on hold. I need to check PPU, I don't even remember if I've liked anything so far.

I've only bought 33 polishes this year so far which is unlike me, I used to buy hundreds every year. I mean it's not bad, I was bound to get to this stage eventually with 6600 polishes! :eek:
No, I didn't want any Glams, I still want the red from the Cintra collection but I hope to get it at a later date. That's an annoying wait for your FFs, hope they come soon. I have just two on my wishlist for PPU, the PfD and Nailed It, though I may not have seen everything yet. I saw FTLOP today, like two but won't be buying. I managed so far not to buy GLLs, but I do really want to get them, UK shipping is expensive and I don't want to start a new Stackry, but they are ending at the end of this month, so I'll wait to decide. I checked out my Stackry once LBOH arrived and it was about £120, worse than usual, it's such an annoying bill to add to the polish spending.
Wow on two fronts, only 33 is impressive, but 6600 is way too many, I'm around 3,500 with more to add, and that's way too many too. I've been listing older ones on eBay and have sold a few, mostly Nails Incs, but they aren't shifting quickly. Still, I'm pleased every time one goes, so it feels like I'm partly dealing with them!
I like your random number generator idea! I have rotating categories worn to match an outfit by colour, it's my favourite method so far, I get a get a decent mix of old and new with it.

PearlyQueen

Well now I've had a closer look at PPU, I still have a two item wishlist but it's switched from PfD to Vanessa Molina - the PfD swatches make it look pretty boring.

Anitacska

No, I didn't want any Glams, I still want the red from the Cintra collection but I hope to get it at a later date. That's an annoying wait for your FFs, hope they come soon. I have just two on my wishlist for PPU, the PfD and Nailed It, though I may not have seen everything yet. I saw FTLOP today, like two but won't be buying. I managed so far not to buy GLLs, but I do really want to get them, UK shipping is expensive and I don't want to start a new Stackry, but they are ending at the end of this month, so I'll wait to decide. I checked out my Stackry once LBOH arrived and it was about £120, worse than usual, it's such an annoying bill to add to the polish spending.
Wow on two fronts, only 33 is impressive, but 6600 is way too many, I'm around 3,500 with more to add, and that's way too many too. I've been listing older ones on eBay and have sold a few, mostly Nails Incs, but they aren't shifting quickly. Still, I'm pleased every time one goes, so it feels like I'm partly dealing with them!
I like your random number generator idea! I have rotating categories worn to match an outfit by colour, it's my favourite method so far, I get a get a decent mix of old and new with it.
Well now I've had a closer look at PPU, I still have a two item wishlist but it's switched from PfD to Vanessa Molina - the PfD swatches make it look pretty boring.

I don't want the FTLOP box either. I really like the Garden Path from PPU and thinking about 2 more, Paint It Pretty and Nevermind. I don't want any of the reflective polishes, so the PfD was a no from the start.

Ouch, that's a lot for shipping! I still only have the Different Dimensions in mine, but have 4 more weeks to add to it. Not sure what though.

Yeah, I agree, 6600 is way too much. I can't be bothered to try to sell what I don't want, at least not on eBay, I might try Facebook groups if and when I get around to it.

PearlyQueen

So here is my current mani, which is Illyrian Elevation:
DSC09506.JPG DSC09507.JPG DSC09514.JPG DSC09515.JPG DSC09517.JPG
This is really cute and summery, with loads of shiftiness - there's a prominent vibrant green in this shimmer that shows a lot to the eye but seems to elude the camera. This polish has been really enjoyable to wear, and this is just two coats.

Anitacska

So here is my current mani, which is Illyrian Elevation:
View attachment 70443 View attachment 70444 View attachment 70445 View attachment 70446 View attachment 70447
This is really cute and summery, with loads of shiftiness - there's a prominent vibrant green in this shimmer that shows a lot to the eye but seems to elude the camera. This polish has been really enjoyable to wear, and this is just two coats.
This is one polish? Wow, that's shifty! I actually have this, but haven't worn it yet.

Anitacska

I've just spent hours choosing toppers and matching polished, so you can look forward to a few "signature" manis in the coming days/weeks. 😁

Latest posts