Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

So here's my new mani (be kind!):
hot to trot 1.JPG hot to trot 2.JPG hot to trot 3.JPG
My very own terrible nail art dotticure! I did the outdoors pic on my right hand, just to show I didn't bottle out of doing both! Base is No 7 Hot to Trot, dots are Nails Inc Duke of York Square. I've never tried this in anger before and I've lost my dotting tools as well, so did these with a matchstick! The dots have bled a little in a couple of areas because they took forever to dry. And somehow I've dinged one nail with another while wet, so that's annoying, but I couldn't be bothered trying to do it again, so I'm just living with it - it must have happened after I took the pics though, because it's not on there.
I was originally going to use glitter over the champagne but I didn't like the first one, and the second one was completely dried out and only fit for the bin, so this one is my Plan C instead!
I've never done a full patterned mani before, I'm not sure I like it - or maybe it's just because it's rubbish! I feel like it wasn't a complete disaster though so I'm leaning towards it's just not my jam. I might try again in future with an alternative colour mix to make sure, but certainly not for a long time!

Anitacska

So here's my new mani (be kind!):
View attachment 70654 View attachment 70655 View attachment 70656
My very own terrible nail art dotticure! I did the outdoors pic on my right hand, just to show I didn't bottle out of doing both! Base is No 7 Hot to Trot, dots are Nails Inc Duke of York Square. I've never tried this in anger before and I've lost my dotting tools as well, so did these with a matchstick! The dots have bled a little in a couple of areas because they took forever to dry. And somehow I've dinged one nail with another while wet, so that's annoying, but I couldn't be bothered trying to do it again, so I'm just living with it - it must have happened after I took the pics though, because it's not on there.
I was originally going to use glitter over the champagne but I didn't like the first one, and the second one was completely dried out and only fit for the bin, so this one is my Plan C instead!
I've never done a full patterned mani before, I'm not sure I like it - or maybe it's just because it's rubbish! I feel like it wasn't a complete disaster though so I'm leaning towards it's just not my jam. I might try again in future with an alternative colour mix to make sure, but certainly not for a long time!
I like it! It looks cool.

Anitacska

Popping in to say my Mum has now gone home, but I've been so busy with sorting things out, I've hardly had time for anything. She was okay, slightly annoying, but not too bad.

Decided against buying from HHC, didn't need anything in the end. I might get a few from PPU, but will need to see more swatches. Quite like the new PfDs, but again, swatches.

Looking forward to having some more spending money once I start working, but that won't be until October (when I first get paid), so still trying not to overspend.

PearlyQueen

Popping in to say my Mum has now gone home, but I've been so busy with sorting things out, I've hardly had time for anything. She was okay, slightly annoying, but not too bad.

Decided against buying from HHC, didn't need anything in the end. I might get a few from PPU, but will need to see more swatches. Quite like the new PfDs, but again, swatches.

Looking forward to having some more spending money once I start working, but that won't be until October (when I first get paid), so still trying not to overspend.
Glad your visit went well!
I did order my things from HHC (and added the Phoenix!) - the not spending too much is not going well.
I also got a couple of the new Nailed Its and some other things from RC. Planning to add a few of the new Wildfires to my Hypnotic order then ship it.
I've seen the Nailed It for next PPU and it's a must have for me, so will definitely be getting that, but haven't seen any others yet.
The new PfDs look very interesting in the bottle shots, so some of those might be part of my Black Friday shop with them!
What do you think of the new Glams? I was super excited by bottle shots, but seeing swatches I'm not keen at all. I kind of like two of the customs (one is Fantasmic Flakies, the other Black Hearted Beauties - a group I'm not in) but I don't know if I like them enough to buy. Shame those ones are one month only.

Anitacska

Glad your visit went well!
I did order my things from HHC (and added the Phoenix!) - the not spending too much is not going well.
I also got a couple of the new Nailed Its and some other things from RC. Planning to add a few of the new Wildfires to my Hypnotic order then ship it.
I've seen the Nailed It for next PPU and it's a must have for me, so will definitely be getting that, but haven't seen any others yet.
The new PfDs look very interesting in the bottle shots, so some of those might be part of my Black Friday shop with them!
What do you think of the new Glams? I was super excited by bottle shots, but seeing swatches I'm not keen at all. I kind of like two of the customs (one is Fantasmic Flakies, the other Black Hearted Beauties - a group I'm not in) but I don't know if I like them enough to buy. Shame those ones are one month only.
Oh dear. I have been pretty good, only bought 5 polishes so far this month (4 PPU + the FF from HHC) and not plannning on buying many more. I quite like the look of a few of the new Glams, the Black Hearted Beauties and Holomaniacs customs and Get Away From My Cauldron - all purples! Not sure if I'll order or how many. This month I'll have a few bigger expenses eg. car service, train season ticket for my youngest when he starts in college, plus it was my middle one's 18th birthday yesterday, so that was a bit expensive too. Really can't wait to start earning some money!

Speaking of Glams, my polishes came this morning. I really like them all.

IMG_20220820_104038514.jpg

PearlyQueen

Oh dear. I have been pretty good, only bought 5 polishes so far this month (4 PPU + the FF from HHC) and not plannning on buying many more. I quite like the look of a few of the new Glams, the Black Hearted Beauties and Holomaniacs customs and Get Away From My Cauldron - all purples! Not sure if I'll order or how many. This month I'll have a few bigger expenses eg. car service, train season ticket for my youngest when he starts in college, plus it was my middle one's 18th birthday yesterday, so that was a bit expensive too. Really can't wait to start earning some money!

Speaking of Glams, my polishes came this morning. I really like them all.

View attachment 70670
You have been very restrained, you should be my role model! Nice choices for new Glams! If you get the BHB one, please let me know!
Your delivery is lovely, some beautiful polishes there. Very dark and moody!

Anitacska

You have been very restrained, you should be my role model! Nice choices for new Glams! If you get the BHB one, please let me know!
Your delivery is lovely, some beautiful polishes there. Very dark and moody!
It helps that I'm really not interested in polish at the moment and only following a handful of brands. Plus I don't have the money to spend and I can't use Stackry, and I refuse to buy from RC.

Will do.

Anitacska

Anne, do you have Glam Polish Basic Instinct? I was sorting through my Glams and came across it and it looks very similar to the BHB custom. So I don't think I will get that after all. I took some pictures for you to see. I didn't crop them so enjoy the sleeping cats in the background. :)

IMG_20220823_163701387.jpg

IMG_20220823_163748325.jpg

IMG_20220823_163756100.jpg

IMG_20220823_163807695.jpg

PearlyQueen

Anne, do you have Glam Polish Basic Instinct? I was sorting through my Glams and came across it and it looks very similar to the BHB custom. So I don't think I will get that after all. I took some pictures for you to see. I didn't crop them so enjoy the sleeping cats in the background. :)

View attachment 70685

View attachment 70686

View attachment 70687

View attachment 70688
Yous kitties are so cute! I don't have that one but it's uncannily similar to Orion! Don't blame you for ruling out buying. Well spotted!

PearlyQueen

I consolidated my Hypnotic order today, with some of the new Wildflowers, should qualify for free shipping so that's good. I've just seen the preview video for PPU and I think my CC is in trouble, so many pretty things. I know I want Nailed It and Wildflower at the very least, but there were a lot of pretty swatches on the video so it might be a bigger order than expected. Maybe on closer inspection it will be disappointing!

Anitacska

I consolidated my Hypnotic order today, with some of the new Wildflowers, should qualify for free shipping so that's good. I've just seen the preview video for PPU and I think my CC is in trouble, so many pretty things. I know I want Nailed It and Wildflower at the very least, but there were a lot of pretty swatches on the video so it might be a bigger order than expected. Maybe on closer inspection it will be disappointing!
There are a lot of lovely polishes this month, but I'll wait until wishlisting to decide. I like your choices, especially the Nailed It. I so far really like EdM, Girly Bits, Kathleen & co, and I'm sure there are a lot more I can't remember right now.

PearlyQueen

There are a lot of lovely polishes this month, but I'll wait until wishlisting to decide. I like your choices, especially the Nailed It. I so far really like EdM, Girly Bits, Kathleen & co, and I'm sure there are a lot more I can't remember right now.
I don't know what the individual polishes are yet, there were just lots of pretty swatches to watch out for!

Anitacska

I've managed to crop a few mani pictures. I'm still way too far behind, but here are a few anyway.

First is Picture Polish Electric Dream. If I remember correctly it was hard to photograph and the pictures are not colour accurate.

IMG_20220717_122027840.jpg

IMG_20220717_122100213.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish Angelfish. It's really pretty.

IMG_20220719_111555042.jpg

IMG_20220719_111629757.jpg

This is Femme Fatale Land of Toys. Very shifty.

IMG_20220721_165551786.jpg

IMG_20220721_165611623.jpg

IMG_20220721_165636683.jpg

Next is Illyrian Polish Pyramid of the Sun.

IMG_20220724_112758842.jpg

IMG_20220724_112814747.jpg

IMG_20220724_112842933.jpg

PearlyQueen

I've managed to crop a few mani pictures. I'm still way too far behind, but here are a few anyway.

First is Picture Polish Electric Dream. If I remember correctly it was hard to photograph and the pictures are not colour accurate.

View attachment 70689

View attachment 70690

Next is Tonic Polish Angelfish. It's really pretty.

View attachment 70691

View attachment 70692

This is Femme Fatale Land of Toys. Very shifty.

View attachment 70693

View attachment 70694

View attachment 70695

Next is Illyrian Polish Pyramid of the Sun.

View attachment 70696

View attachment 70697

View attachment 70698
These are nice, I like them all - the FF is lovely and shifty and the Tonic is lovely!

Latest posts