Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Hi again everyone --

Have you all gotten your PPU for the month? I saw them bragging about what good time they're making days ago, but I'm still waiting for my shipping notification...
Hi Daisy, I also order from PPU UK, mine usually don't ship until the new ones launch. Hope you get yours soon x

PearlyQueen

Just a quick screenshot of the upcoming FTLOP box in case you haven't seen it. The guest is Kathleen & co. I think I will order this one (I'm feeling flush, getting paid tomorrow, woohoo!). I need to ask if she can hold my order for a bit as otherwise the Black Friday stuff won't get to Stackry before it needs emptying.
View attachment 70754
This is a nice box! Yay for your first pay packet, good way to celebrate! I hadn't seen it, so thank you.

PearlyQueen

OMG, I just checked out my consolidated box, it was $132 - £130 :(
Had problems with checkout last night and had to wait for their CS to untangle it for me :(
They hadn't put the hazmat fee on and would have allowed me to select the cheap couriers I used to use, but I was afraid to in case they refused to take it and I lost it all. Would have been an interesting experiment but I bottled it. Anyhow, I fessed up so OUCH at the bill.

PearlyQueen

Current mani - Illyrian Bonbon:
DSC00774.JPG DSC00777.JPG DSC00778.JPG DSC00783.JPG

I've had a run of nice polishes recently! No doubt you can see the nail I broke :(
This is wearing like iron, nearly two weeks including a day in "the gloves of doom" and it's still in perfect nick. Those flakes are sooo glowy, I love this. I used snow under it, but I'm not sure it was needed tbh.
Bonus pic for glow! DSC00810.JPG

Anitacska

Current mani - Illyrian Bonbon:
View attachment 70757 View attachment 70758 View attachment 70759 View attachment 70760

I've had a run of nice polishes recently! No doubt you can see the nail I broke :(
This is wearing like iron, nearly two weeks including a day in "the gloves of doom" and it's still in perfect nick. Those flakes are sooo glowy, I love this. I used snow under it, but I'm not sure it was needed tbh.
Bonus pic for glow! View attachment 70761
This is really pretty! I need to check whether I have it. If not, it's going on the list!

Anitacska

I don't have Bonbon, so will put it on the list.

I'm a little bit bummed, I added up my outgoings for this month and even with my salary I'm still not breaking even. My car's service cost a lot, plus train season tickets, petrol, parking, etc., and although I have managed to pay off some debts, I'm still in the red. Why does it have to be so hard?! Next month should be better as I'll get a full month's salary, rather than just 3 weeks and I should be able to work from home soon, so that'll cut some expenses, but I really thought I'd be good this month already. Ugh.

Anyway, here are some mani pictures from the last 2 weeks. Most of them were taken in my lunchbreak, so not the best, it feels weird taking photos in a public space.

First is Glam Polish Sorceress, one of my older Glams.

IMG_20220920_133408329.jpg

IMG_20220920_133358275.jpg

Next is Smitten Polish (Dreamland) Cherries and Chocolate, very vampy.

IMG_20220922_133650026.jpg

This is Garden Path Omelette du Fromage, I really liked this one!

IMG_20220925_115600140.jpg

IMG_20220925_115541401.jpg

Next is Nailed It (indie) Tree of Light. The pictures are rubbish, not sure what happened there. It wasn't that nice anyway, I think it was one that looked a bit disappointing when I received it. The swatches made it look better (they must have, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it).

IMG_20220928_133809064.jpg

IMG_20220928_133837548.jpg

Finally my current mani, Tonic Polish Time Warp which I should've removed already, but was too tired to replace it last night.

img_20220930_132823813.jpg

img_20220930_132840255.jpg

img_20220930_134644065.jpg

The last picture was taken in the loo with my cool multichrome waterbottle, lol. I can't remember if I said, I bought one of those multichrome, reflective bags, it's so pretty in the office lighting! I've had so many compliments already.

PearlyQueen

I don't have Bonbon, so will put it on the list.

I'm a little bit bummed, I added up my outgoings for this month and even with my salary I'm still not breaking even. My car's service cost a lot, plus train season tickets, petrol, parking, etc., and although I have managed to pay off some debts, I'm still in the red. Why does it have to be so hard?! Next month should be better as I'll get a full month's salary, rather than just 3 weeks and I should be able to work from home soon, so that'll cut some expenses, but I really thought I'd be good this month already. Ugh.

Anyway, here are some mani pictures from the last 2 weeks. Most of them were taken in my lunchbreak, so not the best, it feels weird taking photos in a public space.

First is Glam Polish Sorceress, one of my older Glams.

View attachment 70764

View attachment 70765

Next is Smitten Polish (Dreamland) Cherries and Chocolate, very vampy.

View attachment 70766

This is Garden Path Omelette du Fromage, I really liked this one!

View attachment 70767

View attachment 70768

Next is Nailed It (indie) Tree of Light. The pictures are rubbish, not sure what happened there. It wasn't that nice anyway, I think it was one that looked a bit disappointing when I received it. The swatches made it look better (they must have, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it).

View attachment 70769

View attachment 70770

Finally my current mani, Tonic Polish Time Warp which I should've removed already, but was too tired to replace it last night.

View attachment 70771

View attachment 70772

View attachment 70773

The last picture was taken in the loo with my cool multichrome waterbottle, lol. I can't remember if I said, I bought one of those multichrome, reflective bags, it's so pretty in the office lighting! I've had so many compliments already.
Haha, I suspected Bonbon would be on the list!
I know what you mean about the money, hopefully you'll find next month works better (car servicing and season tickets are big expenses).
Love your manis - especially the GPL and the Tonic xxx
I've been looking at those bags for a couple of years but never got round to getting one. Which one do you have?

PearlyQueen

Is anyone getting PPU this month? I am a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I made a shortlist last night of PfD, DRK and Paint It Pretty. Then took DRK off. Then on again. But that Stackry bill has wiped out more than my monthly budget (especially when added to my RC order a couple of weeks ago), so I'm not sure if I'll buy at all. I guess I'll see how I feel at the time! I was also a bit sad to skip the latest Wildflower release - I've fancied Butterbean for ages, and there were a couple of others I was tempted by.
On the plus side my Hypnotic order arrived unexpectedly a few minutes ago. And my Stackry is due later (2 days early). So not short of goodies!
And just saw Annette saying last month's PPU UK will be arriving with her today and shipping in the next two days.

Anitacska

Haha, I suspected Bonbon would be on the list!
I know what you mean about the money, hopefully you'll find next month works better (car servicing and season tickets are big expenses).
Love your manis - especially the GPL and the Tonic xxx
I've been looking at those bags for a couple of years but never got round to getting one. Which one do you have?
I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GRN7FTK/

Anitacska

Is anyone getting PPU this month? I am a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I made a shortlist last night of PfD, DRK and Paint It Pretty. Then took DRK off. Then on again. But that Stackry bill has wiped out more than my monthly budget (especially when added to my RC order a couple of weeks ago), so I'm not sure if I'll buy at all. I guess I'll see how I feel at the time! I was also a bit sad to skip the latest Wildflower release - I've fancied Butterbean for ages, and there were a couple of others I was tempted by.
On the plus side my Hypnotic order arrived unexpectedly a few minutes ago. And my Stackry is due later (2 days early). So not short of goodies!
And just saw Annette saying last month's PPU UK will be arriving with her today and shipping in the next two days.

I like 5 polishes, the Pahlish and PfD are definite, not sure about the Kathleen & co, Girly Bits and Fair Maiden yet.

Luckily the Pound send to have recovered a bit after the mini budget cock up, so I will probably order the FTLOP box this month.

PearlyQueen

I like 5 polishes, the Pahlish and PfD are definite, not sure about the Kathleen & co, Girly Bits and Fair Maiden yet.

Luckily the Pound send to have recovered a bit after the mini budget cock up, so I will probably order the FTLOP box this month.
If you're getting PfD I might just put it on the swap list and skip this month. I also really like the Pahlish.
My consolidation happened at exactly the wrong moment :( Could have saved a ton if I'd paid storage fees and left it a couple of days! But I was watching the pound plummet, wasn't sure it was going to recover.
Just saw swatches of the new PfD collection - don't want as many as I thought I would, because so many of them have black flakies in them and I just am not drawn to those. I have probably saved loads of money because makers seem to be obsessed with these lately and they spoil every polish they're in for me. When I'd seen just bottle pics, I thought I'd want most of this collection, now it's just maybe 3. I don't think my BF order will be so huge this year, I only recall a few of their polishes I really want. (With the Stackry costs, probably would have made more sense to buy them elsewhere at full price...)
Let me know if you decide not to go for the PPU PfD please! x

PearlyQueen

To be honest, I don't even really care anymore. I only ever buy 2-3 polishes from PPU nowadays anyway. I haven't painted my nails in several days, too tired and stressed, plus not been feeling well. I have over 6000 polishes.
Sorry you're still not tip-top and enjoying your nail polishes xxx
I am gutted about it, I don't often buy many but I'd hate to miss out on the Nailed Its/Wildflowers/PfDs etc that I love. They're claiming UK won't miss out with their international shipping options but I can't imagine that will be low cost, especially for the 2-4 I typically buy. We'll see. I'd just promised myself that I would stop using Stackry except for Black Friday and occasional "must haves" with the shipping being so hefty. Now I'll have that resolve tested.

Anitacska

Sorry you're still not tip-top and enjoying your nail polishes xxx
I am gutted about it, I don't often buy many but I'd hate to miss out on the Nailed Its/Wildflowers/PfDs etc that I love. They're claiming UK won't miss out with their international shipping options but I can't imagine that will be low cost, especially for the 2-4 I typically buy. We'll see. I'd just promised myself that I would stop using Stackry except for Black Friday and occasional "must haves" with the shipping being so hefty. Now I'll have that resolve tested.
Sorry, my reply yesterday was a tad inconsiderate. I realise it's upsetting for you. Yeah, I saw they suggested FedEx for UK shipments, that won't be cheap. So I'm out. But on the plus side, I won't have to deal with Annette again, lol. Maybe someone will do a group but like they do for HHC?

Latest posts