Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Sorry, my reply yesterday was a tad inconsiderate. I realise it's upsetting for you. Yeah, I saw they suggested FedEx for UK shipments, that won't be cheap. So I'm out. But on the plus side, I won't have to deal with Annette again, lol. Maybe someone will do a group but like they do for HHC?
It's OK, I wasn't offended! Yeah, Fedex is not going to be cheap - but they said affordable! Maybe they'll combine multiple orders or something. I can't see how it would be worthwhile for 4 polishes though. Hope something gets sorted that doesn't make them £60 per polish. Is the universe trying to stop me buying polish? Could make the saving money a bit easier though.

PearlyQueen

Hiya, just dropped in to show off my last two manis!
Lilypad Lacquer - This Is Home:
DSC00920.JPG DSC00921.JPG DSC00923.JPG
I liked this a lot - I'd dug it out a very long time ago and put it in my "to wear" pile, but just skipped past it every time because in the bottle it looks a bit rubbish. Just grabbed first to hand this time and I now see why I picked it out - stunning red with holo glitters!

Followed by this (current) mani:
DSC00935.JPG
This is a metallic berry shade by Special FX topped with Nails Inc Fulham Road. Not very exciting - slightly nicer than either one alone, but pretty sure I have more than one individual polish that looks just like this without the faff of layering!

Anitacska

Hiya, just dropped in to show off my last two manis!
Lilypad Lacquer - This Is Home:
View attachment 70797 View attachment 70798 View attachment 70799
I liked this a lot - I'd dug it out a very long time ago and put it in my "to wear" pile, but just skipped past it every time because in the bottle it looks a bit rubbish. Just grabbed first to hand this time and I now see why I picked it out - stunning red with holo glitters!

Followed by this (current) mani:
View attachment 70800
This is a metallic berry shade by Special FX topped with Nails Inc Fulham Road. Not very exciting - slightly nicer than either one alone, but pretty sure I have more than one individual polish that looks just like this without the faff of layering!
These are nice, especially the Lilypad. I'm pretty sure I have it myself.

Sorry I've not been around. I'm very tired after work and have also been dealing with some serious issues with my middle one. I'm just happy if I get to sleep at night right now. But I have the day off today, so I might try to post a few mani pictures, although I've hardly done my nails lately.

I bought 3 Femme Fatales last week, but other than that, nothing. I quite like a few of the upcoming Glams. I've not really looked at PPU because I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering anymore. I'll get some EdMs and PfDs on Black Friday, but I don't think there's anything else I want.

PearlyQueen

These are nice, especially the Lilypad. I'm pretty sure I have it myself.

Sorry I've not been around. I'm very tired after work and have also been dealing with some serious issues with my middle one. I'm just happy if I get to sleep at night right now. But I have the day off today, so I might try to post a few mani pictures, although I've hardly done my nails lately.

I bought 3 Femme Fatales last week, but other than that, nothing. I quite like a few of the upcoming Glams. I've not really looked at PPU because I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering anymore. I'll get some EdMs and PfDs on Black Friday, but I don't think there's anything else I want.
Hi Anita, sorry to hear things are not picking up for you - hope middle child is OK xxx
A day off - woo! Enjoy!
I've not really been shopping recently either, though I did buy some Nailed Its via RC. I'm undecided on the Glams but will not be buying anyway. Might splash out if there's a good BF sale, but otherwise still trying to live within my means!
BUT I really want at least two of the next PPU. Once I see how many there are going to be I'm buying, I'll check out the shipping costs - and if they're too high to the UK, I might start my BF Stackry a bit early - PPU is a preorder, so will be at least 2-3 weeks before they arrive.
We'll see!

Anitacska

Hi Anita, sorry to hear things are not picking up for you - hope middle child is OK xxx
A day off - woo! Enjoy!
I've not really been shopping recently either, though I did buy some Nailed Its via RC. I'm undecided on the Glams but will not be buying anyway. Might splash out if there's a good BF sale, but otherwise still trying to live within my means!
BUT I really want at least two of the next PPU. Once I see how many there are going to be I'm buying, I'll check out the shipping costs - and if they're too high to the UK, I might start my BF Stackry a bit early - PPU is a preorder, so will be at least 2-3 weeks before they arrive.
We'll see!
Thank you. They're not really okay to be honest, having some mental health issues, also ran off 3 times in the past 2 weeks, including one night when they stayed out until 5 am. I'm just so worried and scared all the time. So trying to manage full time work with that going on has been really tough. I also wasn't feeling great for a week or so, that didn't help.

That's good point about PPU, will have a look and see if it's worth sending it to Stackry.

Here are my latest manis, I've only worn 5 polishes so far this month. First is Emily de Molly Midlife Crisis. Cool and shifty.

IMG_20221003_134305449.jpg

IMG_20221003_134325489.jpg

IMG_20221003_181520878.jpg

Next is Powder Perfect Rainbow Dragon. The pictures are not great as it was a rainy day, so didn't go out for lunch. It also wasn't that amazing.

IMG_20221005_134846625.jpg

IMG_20221005_134918175.jpg

This is Glam Polish Bad Moon Rising, one of my newest Glams. I liked this a lot.

IMG_20221012_133447068.jpg

IMG_20221012_133451824.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Delightful Dreams. Very soft and pretty, I liked this a lot too.

IMG_20221017_165037142.jpg

IMG_20221017_164951837.jpg

IMG_20221017_165012612.jpg

PearlyQueen

Thank you. They're not really okay to be honest, having some mental health issues, also ran off 3 times in the past 2 weeks, including one night when they stayed out until 5 am. I'm just so worried and scared all the time. So trying to manage full time work with that going on has been really tough. I also wasn't feeling great for a week or so, that didn't help.

That's good point about PPU, will have a look and see if it's worth sending it to Stackry.

Here are my latest manis, I've only worn 5 polishes so far this month. First is Emily de Molly Midlife Crisis. Cool and shifty.

View attachment 70801

View attachment 70802

View attachment 70803

Next is Powder Perfect Rainbow Dragon. The pictures are not great as it was a rainy day, so didn't go out for lunch. It also wasn't that amazing.

View attachment 70804

View attachment 70805

This is Glam Polish Bad Moon Rising, one of my newest Glams. I liked this a lot.

View attachment 70806

View attachment 70807

Next is Femme Fatale Delightful Dreams. Very soft and pretty, I liked this a lot too.

View attachment 70808

View attachment 70809

View attachment 70810
Oh you poor thing, that sounds horrible, I hope that there is some help available x
Love your manis - especially the last FF.

Anitacska

I bought 4 Glams in the end, all from the Endless collection. I was torn on 2, but had a "fuck it" moment, so bought them anyway. Did you not order in the end?

Just got my gas and electricity bill and my payments are going up again from December. Fun. Also annoyingly the HMRC sent the company the wrong tax code, so they deducted £211 tax from my recent salary when I shouldn't be paying any yet since I've not earned enough to reach the threshold. Yay.

Was working from home all week as it's half term which was nice, saved a lot of time and also petrol and parking costs. I work from home on Mondays and Tuesdays every week, so I'm next in the office on Wednesday. My colleague has 2 weeks off and I was dreading it, but this week went really well. Next week is month end, so that'll be more interesting, but hopefully not too bad.

Treated myself to a couple of perfumes that I'd been wanting for a while too.Probably shouldn't have, but hey, I'm now finally not in debt!

PearlyQueen

I bought 4 Glams in the end, all from the Endless collection. I was torn on 2, but had a "fuck it" moment, so bought them anyway. Did you not order in the end?

Just got my gas and electricity bill and my payments are going up again from December. Fun. Also annoyingly the HMRC sent the company the wrong tax code, so they deducted £211 tax from my recent salary when I shouldn't be paying any yet since I've not earned enough to reach the threshold. Yay.

Was working from home all week as it's half term which was nice, saved a lot of time and also petrol and parking costs. I work from home on Mondays and Tuesdays every week, so I'm next in the office on Wednesday. My colleague has 2 weeks off and I was dreading it, but this week went really well. Next week is month end, so that'll be more interesting, but hopefully not too bad.

Treated myself to a couple of perfumes that I'd been wanting for a while too.Probably shouldn't have, but hey, I'm now finally not in debt!
Hi Anita! No I didn't order this time, which ones did you go for?
Bills are very scary at the moment ;( How annoying re tax, but it does happen all the time, you should get it back, not sure how long though.
WFH is good, glad it saved you both money and sleep! Hope month end went well!
Congrats on being debt free!
I did buy some Wildflowers and I'm probably going to buy some GlLs tonight.
I don't want much from PPU though, I feel I need the Nailed It and Wildflower, kind of like the Patty Lopes and seriously tempted by the DRK DIY Lab kit though. Also not buying FTLOP.

PearlyQueen

Weirdly, the DRK lab I wanted from PPU seems to have jumped in price from $50 to $66 :( Not sure if I'll bother now. And I've gone off the Patty Lopes. Shame I want the Wildflower soooo much! Because nice as the Nailed It is, it's hardly unique and something I could live without if it was the only item on my wishlist.
Had a look at HHC, nothing I feel I need there.
But Phoenix just brought out a new collection, several of them I really want.
Haven't ordered those GLLs yet, holding off until later so they arrive as late as possible to go with any Black Friday orders... hoping she doesn't take them down early (she said she would if too many orders).

Anitacska

I've been really busy with work, it's really hard without my colleague having to do all the month end stuff on my own. I've not even been there for 2 months!

I've had a look at PPU and like a few, but don't know yet if I'll buy. I especially like the Cadillacquer. I won't have time to buy when they launch, so will have to see what's left and how much shipping is. Or think about whether I want to send to Stackry.

I like a few from HHC, I really want the Girly Bits in particular. Probably easier to buy through the UK group buy though.

I also don't want the FTLOP box.

PearlyQueen

Well I just managed to check out my PPU order. It took an hour! Logged in, checked out with Paypal. Got a notice on the site there was a problem with my payment method. Tried again. Wouldn't unlock. Tried to put some random numbers in to pay by CC instead, hoping that would unlock the Paypal option when it failed. It didn't. Phoned my CC company to find out how much it would cost me to pay with that. Took ages. Got the quote. Tried Paypal again, still locked. Decided to go with the real CC. Wouldn't take that either. Thought I'd try another browser. Had to change password to do that. It didn't help, still locked. Set up a new PPU account using my work email. Logged out, logged in with new account. Still locked. Tried their chat bot, got no response. Wondered if there was a Paypal issue, so went and checked out my RC Phoenix order to test it (needed to go in today anyway). It worked fine. Tried PPU again, this time it looked OK but had defaulted to my UK address for some reason. Had to log in to Paypal 4 times in total, but it finally went through!
Flat rate shipping to UK would have been $17.30 - not worth it, bet there will also be customs to pay.
Just got the polishes, the lab ended up at $59, I was struggling to justify it at $50, so skipped it.
These two polishes had better be amazing, that was just a nightmare :(

Anitacska

Well I just managed to check out my PPU order. It took an hour! Logged in, checked out with Paypal. Got a notice on the site there was a problem with my payment method. Tried again. Wouldn't unlock. Tried to put some random numbers in to pay by CC instead, hoping that would unlock the Paypal option when it failed. It didn't. Phoned my CC company to find out how much it would cost me to pay with that. Took ages. Got the quote. Tried Paypal again, still locked. Decided to go with the real CC. Wouldn't take that either. Thought I'd try another browser. Had to change password to do that. It didn't help, still locked. Set up a new PPU account using my work email. Logged out, logged in with new account. Still locked. Tried their chat bot, got no response. Wondered if there was a Paypal issue, so went and checked out my RC Phoenix order to test it (needed to go in today anyway). It worked fine. Tried PPU again, this time it looked OK but had defaulted to my UK address for some reason. Had to log in to Paypal 4 times in total, but it finally went through!
Flat rate shipping to UK would have been $17.30 - not worth it, bet there will also be customs to pay.
Just got the polishes, the lab ended up at $59, I was struggling to justify it at $50, so skipped it.
These two polishes had better be amazing, that was just a nightmare :(
Wow, what an ordeal! Which polishes did you get? I haven't ordered yet, was mad busy at work today. But the week went okay in the end and I finished everyhing I was supposed to do, so I'm pretty chuffed with myself. Knackered though.

PearlyQueen

Wow, what an ordeal! Which polishes did you get? I haven't ordered yet, was mad busy at work today. But the week went okay in the end and I finished everyhing I was supposed to do, so I'm pretty chuffed with myself. Knackered though.
I'm so pleased you managed this OK! It will get better from here.
I got the Nailed It and Wildflower ones only, so they better be good after all that.
I'm going to try for the Sparkle & Shine advent calendar tonight, I was very sad I missed it last year, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anitacska

I'm so pleased you managed this OK! It will get better from here.
I got the Nailed It and Wildflower ones only, so they better be good after all that.
I'm going to try for the Sparkle & Shine advent calendar tonight, I was very sad I missed it last year, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Thanks. I'm sure it will, the trouble was that my colleague was off for 2 weeks. She only does mornings, but gets things done really quickly, so with her around, next month end should be a breeze. Also she can help me whereas my boss doesn't do the daily stuff, so isn't always able to help. I left plenty of things for her to check and sort out.

I checked PPU and the shipping is the same for 6 polishes (although I'm crossing the Nailed It off my list since you got it), and 20% tax is added by them, so there shouldn't be anything extra to pay. But that's still $36 vs $5.50 (and the Stackry fees and shipping of course). If I wasn't planning on using Stackry for BF, I'd still consider sending them here.

Good luck with the advent calendar!

PearlyQueen

Thanks. I'm sure it will, the trouble was that my colleague was off for 2 weeks. She only does mornings, but gets things done really quickly, so with her around, next month end should be a breeze. Also she can help me whereas my boss doesn't do the daily stuff, so isn't always able to help. I left plenty of things for her to check and sort out.

I checked PPU and the shipping is the same for 6 polishes (although I'm crossing the Nailed It off my list since you got it), and 20% tax is added by them, so there shouldn't be anything extra to pay. But that's still $36 vs $5.50 (and the Stackry fees and shipping of course). If I wasn't planning on using Stackry for BF, I'd still consider sending them here.

Good luck with the advent calendar!
Thanks! Good to know re shipping to the UK, I guess if I'm buying a few it's not too bad...

PearlyQueen

Advent calendar was a bust :(
Added to cart, checked out immediately, all the faff of verifying paypal with a code, it was gone.
Oh well, I'll live.

Anitacska

Advent calendar was a bust :(
Added to cart, checked out immediately, all the faff of verifying paypal with a code, it was gone.
Oh well, I'll live.
Oh sorry you missed out.

I ordered from PPU, ended up getting 6, swapped out the Penelope Luz and added the Lemming and Ard As Nails. Wasn't sure about the KBShimmer, but got it anyway.

Latest posts