Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I got 11 "normal" polishes, Howlite, Mystery bag (1 x 3 polishes) and a backup of Snow, since I was ordering anyway and I've used it a few times already. (and the freebie, thanks for the update on that, I was long gone by then, so yay!) In the past I've struggled to narrow down my basket to 20 polishes, not this year. I don't know if it's that she's brought out a fair few I'm not interested in or if she's just released fewer polishes overall, or even that older collections get discontinued more quickly these days. A couple of years ago I ditched a few that I wanted to keep it down to 20 (because of international shipping costs) and they never came back afterwards.
I don't see me buying vast numbers from any of the BF sales though, the GPLs - it'll be 5, the GLLs, I'm looking at 9 (and both only if I get lucky), Nailed It won't have that many either. I've been toying with picking up some ILNP multichromes as well though. I haven't bought any for years, so I'm missing a few. I don't think I'll get Alchemy after all.
We'll see how it goes. I'm definitely focused on fewer brands these days.
And I forgot about Glam! I'm not sure if I'll buy from them yet. There are a lot of mysteries, no limit this year, but she's been very focused on glitters in recent collections so I worry I won't like them, since none of the recent releases have tempted me. I'll see how I feel (tonight? I think)
I didn't realise that the Alchemy sale started last night, but in the end I decided not to buy anyway. I'm not that interested in the polishes after all.

You had me thinking about ILNP, I haven't bought in 2 years and her polishes are still so cheap compared to others, I think I'll put in an order tonight.

Did you manage to buy from the other brands you were planning?

PearlyQueen

I didn't realise that the Alchemy sale started last night, but in the end I decided not to buy anyway. I'm not that interested in the polishes after all.

You had me thinking about ILNP, I haven't bought in 2 years and her polishes are still so cheap compared to others, I think I'll put in an order tonight.

Did you manage to buy from the other brands you were planning?
So far I've got everything I've been after. Tonight the last two are Nailed It and GLL, we'll see if they go so well! I think I'm going to skip ILNP since I bought 13 polishes from PIP earlier. I'm also looking at a couple of Pahlishes :blush: (I literally have 3 polishes in my basket, not sure if I'll get them though - too few for free gift or free shipping).
Shame about Alchemy, there were a couple I fancied but I can't buy everything and they were way down the pecking order.
I remember how pleased you were with your ILNP order last time, you had points and discounts stacked with them and it was a great deal!

Anitacska

So far I've got everything I've been after. Tonight the last two are Nailed It and GLL, we'll see if they go so well! I think I'm going to skip ILNP since I bought 13 polishes from PIP earlier. I'm also looking at a couple of Pahlishes :blush: (I literally have 3 polishes in my basket, not sure if I'll get them though - too few for free gift or free shipping).
Shame about Alchemy, there were a couple I fancied but I can't buy everything and they were way down the pecking order.
I remember how pleased you were with your ILNP order last time, you had points and discounts stacked with them and it was a great deal!
Yeah, ILNP has a really great sale at BF. I ended up ordering 10 polishes, it was $10, then got 25% off plus $8.75 for the points. $66.25 for 10 polishes is pretty much unbeatable. I don't like most of their new polishes nowadays, so didn't haul big, but I'm happy with these. They've shipped already!

I've also got the shipping confirmation from EdM and PPU. Since the PPU sale is early this month (2nd Dec is Friday), I think I'll be able to squeeze another order in before I have to empty the box. I haven't looked properly, but there have been a few that caught my eyes.

I forgot to say I also bought 2 basecoats from Escentual, they were half price. They're like the Nailtiques 2 basecoat, for soft, peeling nails. Nailtiques didn't really work for me last time I bought them, and you can only get them directly from the US nowadays, so couldn't be bothered. I've been using OPI Nail Envy and it's almost empty, plus not that great either, so I thought I'd try these.

Anitacska

Oh dear, this is getting out of hand now, lol. I just bought 9 polishes from Cupcake. 30% off and free shipping, so not a bad deal.

Just looked at the Pahlish sale too, I like about 5 polishes and I LOVE the $100+ freebie. I was wondering if you wanted to order together, but I have a feeling we probably want the same polishes. Dressing for Revenge and Reveillon would be my guesses from your list. I also like Lavender Mint, Wildest Dreams, I Wish to Be Entertained and Cinamoroll. That said, most of these are probably quite similar to other polishes I have.

PearlyQueen

Oh dear, this is getting out of hand now, lol. I just bought 9 polishes from Cupcake. 30% off and free shipping, so not a bad deal.

Just looked at the Pahlish sale too, I like about 5 polishes and I LOVE the $100+ freebie. I was wondering if you wanted to order together, but I have a feeling we probably want the same polishes. Dressing for Revenge and Reveillon would be my guesses from your list. I also like Lavender Mint, Wildest Dreams, I Wish to Be Entertained and Cinamoroll. That said, most of these are probably quite similar to other polishes I have.
Oh bugger, I just checked out the Pahlishes about an hour ago :( Only overlap is Dressing fo Revenge. I also got Bejewelled and Pere Noel. Reveillon was in my basket but I took it out. I'd have gone for sharing the order if I'd heard before I ordered.
Congrats on a good Cupcake deal though.
I missed out on a couple of the GLLs, that's why I decided to go for the Pahlishes.
I think I'm done now! I was tempted by Cuticula and Kathleen & Co, but so far I've resisted.

Anitacska

Oh bugger, I just checked out the Pahlishes about an hour ago :( Only overlap is Dressing fo Revenge. I also got Bejewelled and Pere Noel. Reveillon was in my basket but I took it out. I'd have gone for sharing the order if I'd heard before I ordered.
Congrats on a good Cupcake deal though.
I missed out on a couple of the GLLs, that's why I decided to go for the Pahlishes.
I think I'm done now! I was tempted by Cuticula and Kathleen & Co, but so far I've resisted.
That's okay! Put me down for a decant for Dressing for Revenge please. The rest I'm not that bothered about. Saves me money not to order anyway, I've spent plenty already.

PearlyQueen

I'm really undecided about PPU this month. There is one polish I really want but it seems way expensive to buy it alone. There are a couple of others from brands that I haven't tried that are quite nice but I would only be buying to make the postage/consolidation worthwhile, which is a bit silly considering all the stuff I bought last week! I'm just not feeling most of my normal brands' polishes this month. Am I alone in being uninspired by this month's offerings?

Anitacska

I'm really undecided about PPU this month. There is one polish I really want but it seems way expensive to buy it alone. There are a couple of others from brands that I haven't tried that are quite nice but I would only be buying to make the postage/consolidation worthwhile, which is a bit silly considering all the stuff I bought last week! I'm just not feeling most of my normal brands' polishes this month. Am I alone in being uninspired by this month's offerings?
I actually like quite a few, but not sure how many I'll buy. Which one are you after?

lauren32

I love Cinamoroll!

PearlyQueen

Hey Anita, did you get Wish on a Fish by chance? It keeps jumping into my basket on RC, and I keep removing it!

PearlyQueen

Soooo......
Someone posted a huge haul of Glam mystery polishes on the FB group and I fell in love with a couple of them. Sadly the UK site has taken them all down, but I ended up ordering internationally to go to Stackry. Shipping was actually cheaper than the UK site, even with consolidation fees. Hope they get there on time for shipping! I got three in the end - Manic Panic, Decadence and Children of the Night.

Latest posts