Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Soooo......
Someone posted a huge haul of Glam mystery polishes on the FB group and I fell in love with a couple of them. Sadly the UK site has taken them all down, but I ended up ordering internationally to go to Stackry. Shipping was actually cheaper than the UK site, even with consolidation fees. Hope they get there on time for shipping! I got three in the end - Manic Panic, Decadence and Children of the Night.
I saw that, but I've bought enough polishes already. Speaking of Glams though, I received my orders last week. I thought I bought more, but apparently not.

IMG_20221128_143242987.jpg

IMG_20221129_150511418.jpg

My BF orders have all arrived at Stackry, plus my November PPU. Still waiting for HHC (and December PPU). I won't be sending the next HHC order there, they're very slow to dispatch them. I might order through the UK group buy instead if I like any of the polishes. I vaguely recall liking the Nailed It.

On another note, I've passed my probation period. Yay! We had our Finance department Christmas lunch on Friday which was a nice way to celebrate. I've got 3 more days in the office this year, then I'm working from home until the 23rd and then on holiday until the new year. Really need it too, I've had a cold and cough for a week now and been very tired. Bleugh.

PearlyQueen

I saw that, but I've bought enough polishes already. Speaking of Glams though, I received my orders last week. I thought I bought more, but apparently not.

View attachment 70873

View attachment 70874

My BF orders have all arrived at Stackry, plus my November PPU. Still waiting for HHC (and December PPU). I won't be sending the next HHC order there, they're very slow to dispatch them. I might order through the UK group buy instead if I like any of the polishes. I vaguely recall liking the Nailed It.

On another note, I've passed my probation period. Yay! We had our Finance department Christmas lunch on Friday which was a nice way to celebrate. I've got 3 more days in the office this year, then I'm working from home until the 23rd and then on holiday until the new year. Really need it too, I've had a cold and cough for a week now and been very tired. Bleugh.
I really like your Glams!
Many of my BF orders are still not even dispatched. GLL - no surprise there, Pahlish as well, plus Nailed It who have volcanoes erupting, seems to be delaying things. Paint It Pretty have shipped but not yet arrived, I guess going from Canada is why it sat in New York for five days, but it seems to be moving again now. Garden Path sent a shipping notice yesterday but it's still not actually with USPS yet. And of course I'm waiting for the last PPU as well... But I shouldn't have worried about my Glam mysteries, they've arrived already!
I've got an order on route from Hypnotic that I'm hugely stressed about - I'm hoping it's a strike issue, but it left Belgium on 2/12 and Royal Mail still says they don't have it yet.
And I have a few items shipped by RC that are late, again I presume due to strikes.
The HHC Nailed It is very pretty! I'm going to have to investigate the UK group buy at some point.
Congrats on passing probation! I have two more days on campus, next Thursday and Friday, then I WFH Monday to Wednesday and they've given us the Thurs/Fri before Christmas as free holiday, so yay! Other job will continue though... I've been doing so many hours for that, I'm permanently exhausted. On Thursday I was on campus, so up at 7, left at 8, buses were crap so got home at 7.00, worked other job for 3.5 hours, finished up at 11, swallowed down a bowl of soup and straight to bed, 5 hours sleep and up at 7 for another day on campus.
The money is very much needed but the hours can be killer - and you can't plan for them, you never know how many hours of work (if any) will turn up on any given day. And they work 365 days a year, so I could end up with jobs on Xmas day. I could ask for less work, but then I'd get less money and I like to take it while available, because sometimes I get nothing. Oh well, the joys of self employment!

Anitacska

I really like your Glams!
Many of my BF orders are still not even dispatched. GLL - no surprise there, Pahlish as well, plus Nailed It who have volcanoes erupting, seems to be delaying things. Paint It Pretty have shipped but not yet arrived, I guess going from Canada is why it sat in New York for five days, but it seems to be moving again now. Garden Path sent a shipping notice yesterday but it's still not actually with USPS yet. And of course I'm waiting for the last PPU as well... But I shouldn't have worried about my Glam mysteries, they've arrived already!
I've got an order on route from Hypnotic that I'm hugely stressed about - I'm hoping it's a strike issue, but it left Belgium on 2/12 and Royal Mail still says they don't have it yet.
And I have a few items shipped by RC that are late, again I presume due to strikes.
The HHC Nailed It is very pretty! I'm going to have to investigate the UK group buy at some point.
Congrats on passing probation! I have two more days on campus, next Thursday and Friday, then I WFH Monday to Wednesday and they've given us the Thurs/Fri before Christmas as free holiday, so yay! Other job will continue though... I've been doing so many hours for that, I'm permanently exhausted. On Thursday I was on campus, so up at 7, left at 8, buses were crap so got home at 7.00, worked other job for 3.5 hours, finished up at 11, swallowed down a bowl of soup and straight to bed, 5 hours sleep and up at 7 for another day on campus.
The money is very much needed but the hours can be killer - and you can't plan for them, you never know how many hours of work (if any) will turn up on any given day. And they work 365 days a year, so I could end up with jobs on Xmas day. I could ask for less work, but then I'd get less money and I like to take it while available, because sometimes I get nothing. Oh well, the joys of self employment!
Oh that sounds exhausting! Do you mind me asking what work it is?

Hope you receive everything in order and in good time. I discovered last weekend that a package of mine (not polish) was left outside by the postman and some bitches stole it. I spent hours retrieving and watching my security camera footage. Then made a complaint to the Royal Mail (not heard back!) and reported to the police. I found out through the local Facebook group that one of the women is really notorious and hated locally, I have names for both of them and one's address, but whether the police will do anything about it, I don't know. It's only £15 and I got it back from Paypal. I wasn't going to ask for a refund, but the seller completely ignored me when I asked them if they could help with claiming from the RM, so decided that they can deal with their loss if they're going to be such arseholes about it. I now have a note taped to my front door about not leaving packages outside. Stupid postman.

PearlyQueen

Oh that sounds exhausting! Do you mind me asking what work it is?

Hope you receive everything in order and in good time. I discovered last weekend that a package of mine (not polish) was left outside by the postman and some bitches stole it. I spent hours retrieving and watching my security camera footage. Then made a complaint to the Royal Mail (not heard back!) and reported to the police. I found out through the local Facebook group that one of the women is really notorious and hated locally, I have names for both of them and one's address, but whether the police will do anything about it, I don't know. It's only £15 and I got it back from Paypal. I wasn't going to ask for a refund, but the seller completely ignored me when I asked them if they could help with claiming from the RM, so decided that they can deal with their loss if they're going to be such arseholes about it. I now have a note taped to my front door about not leaving packages outside. Stupid postman.
Hey Anita, not at all - it's proofreading social work reports. Interesting, sometimes very sad. Not too taxing though.
Thanks, I'm mostly worried about the Hypnotic order, I want my Wildflowers and BKLs! Not replaceable if they're lost. And the late dispatches to Stackry are not outside the quoted TATs, so nothing to stress about with those (yet). The RC stuff isn't limited edition either so if it gets lost it's replaceable.
Oh that sounds really stressful, glad you got a refund. I doubt the police will do anything, I've heard many tales of what they won't do, as well as horror stories about what they actually seem to enjoy doing...

PearlyQueen

Royal Mail have my Hypnotic parcel! 13 days from entry to UK, it's now moving again - I'm so relieved! I'm not in a rush, as long as it's not lost.
Pahlish now has a pre-shipping status, Paint It Pretty and Garden Path have arrived at Stackry and my RC order turned up too, just waiting for something from Great Lakes (who are always sloooow) and of course PPU.
Christmas gifts on the other hand...

Anitacska

Hey Anita, not at all - it's proofreading social work reports. Interesting, sometimes very sad. Not too taxing though.
Thanks, I'm mostly worried about the Hypnotic order, I want my Wildflowers and BKLs! Not replaceable if they're lost. And the late dispatches to Stackry are not outside the quoted TATs, so nothing to stress about with those (yet). The RC stuff isn't limited edition either so if it gets lost it's replaceable.
Oh that sounds really stressful, glad you got a refund. I doubt the police will do anything, I've heard many tales of what they won't do, as well as horror stories about what they actually seem to enjoy doing...
That sounds really interesting!

I'm working from home this week as the children are now on holiday which is really nice. Last 2 days were very quiet, I barely did anything in the afternoons, but today was quite busy. Still, only 2 more days to go and then 10 days off! Woohoo!

Anitacska

Royal Mail have my Hypnotic parcel! 13 days from entry to UK, it's now moving again - I'm so relieved! I'm not in a rush, as long as it's not lost.
Pahlish now has a pre-shipping status, Paint It Pretty and Garden Path have arrived at Stackry and my RC order turned up too, just waiting for something from Great Lakes (who are always sloooow) and of course PPU.
Christmas gifts on the other hand...
Hope you receive everything in good time. All my stuff is now at Stackry other than this month's PPU. I don't think I'll order in January as I won't be opening a new box, but we'll see.

Have you seen the new Glams? It's a pass for me.

PearlyQueen

That sounds really interesting!

I'm working from home this week as the children are now on holiday which is really nice. Last 2 days were very quiet, I barely did anything in the afternoons, but today was quite busy. Still, only 2 more days to go and then 10 days off! Woohoo!
It can be! The amount of work they've been sending has been a bit much this last couple of weeks, but I'm just about keeping on top of it. I've literally just knocked off for today.
That sounds great, my last day on campus was last Friday, and my last day of work for the University WFH was today, so yay for a long lie tomorrow!
The other job never stops though, so I actually need to check if they expect me to work on Xmas day... I'll try to ring them tomorrow to clarify. I can't imagine they'll need paperwork on the dot, but you never know!

PearlyQueen

Hope you receive everything in good time. All my stuff is now at Stackry other than this month's PPU. I don't think I'll order in January as I won't be opening a new box, but we'll see.

Have you seen the new Glams? It's a pass for me.
My Hypnotics showed up completely out of the blue yesterday! So yay for that.
I also got my RC order, and hubby's Xmas present, so I'm just waiting for my parents' gifts to us to arrive here. I'm not holding out much hope we'll get them on time for Xmas though.
Most of my stuff is now at Stackry - just waiting for PPU, Great Lakes and... an extra Nailed It! I bought in a destash... It was the nicest one from the advent calendar I missed and I put up an ISO in the group. It wasn't cheap, but I wanted it! I watched a video of someone unboxing the calendar the other day and I'm actually glad I missed it. There were really only 2 polishes I actually liked that much in it, and now I will have one of those, so fate was kind this time. It put me off trying again next year, it's a lot of money for polishes you don't want.
I also just got a shipping notice from GLL for the single ltd edition one I bought first, hopefully she's just working through the orders and will combine with the other order and refund shipping shortly. If not, I refuse to stress about it. So I'm hoping those will ship soon, and my destash one, and my PPU and then I can ship Stackry without storage fees!
I was going to suggest that any month it's worth our while, we could combine our PPU orders and get UK shipping going forward, if we don't have an open Stackry. Obviously expensive for a couple, but would work out not too bad if we wanted four each or similar numbers. Just a thought, let me know what you think.
I'm sitting here with massively chipped nail varnish on, and it's been like that for a week... Just don't seem to have time with the two jobs thing, I hoped to do it tonight but maybe I'll wait till tomorrow because yet again it's really late!
Anyhow, I haven't eaten since lunch time, so I'm off to poke the hubby and make him sort me out some dinner.
Speak soon xxx

Anitacska

It can be! The amount of work they've been sending has been a bit much this last couple of weeks, but I'm just about keeping on top of it. I've literally just knocked off for today.
That sounds great, my last day on campus was last Friday, and my last day of work for the University WFH was today, so yay for a long lie tomorrow!
The other job never stops though, so I actually need to check if they expect me to work on Xmas day... I'll try to ring them tomorrow to clarify. I can't imagine they'll need paperwork on the dot, but you never know!
Hope you don't have to work on Christmas Day! Enjoy your lie in tomorrow!

Anitacska

My Hypnotics showed up completely out of the blue yesterday! So yay for that.
I also got my RC order, and hubby's Xmas present, so I'm just waiting for my parents' gifts to us to arrive here. I'm not holding out much hope we'll get them on time for Xmas though.
Most of my stuff is now at Stackry - just waiting for PPU, Great Lakes and... an extra Nailed It! I bought in a destash... It was the nicest one from the advent calendar I missed and I put up an ISO in the group. It wasn't cheap, but I wanted it! I watched a video of someone unboxing the calendar the other day and I'm actually glad I missed it. There were really only 2 polishes I actually liked that much in it, and now I will have one of those, so fate was kind this time. It put me off trying again next year, it's a lot of money for polishes you don't want.
I also just got a shipping notice from GLL for the single ltd edition one I bought first, hopefully she's just working through the orders and will combine with the other order and refund shipping shortly. If not, I refuse to stress about it. So I'm hoping those will ship soon, and my destash one, and my PPU and then I can ship Stackry without storage fees!
I was going to suggest that any month it's worth our while, we could combine our PPU orders and get UK shipping going forward, if we don't have an open Stackry. Obviously expensive for a couple, but would work out not too bad if we wanted four each or similar numbers. Just a thought, let me know what you think.
I'm sitting here with massively chipped nail varnish on, and it's been like that for a week... Just don't seem to have time with the two jobs thing, I hoped to do it tonight but maybe I'll wait till tomorrow because yet again it's really late!
Anyhow, I haven't eaten since lunch time, so I'm off to poke the hubby and make him sort me out some dinner.
Speak soon xxx
I think that's a good idea! I tested the UK shipping with a good few bottles and it seemed to be flat rate, but can't remember how many it was for. I haven't really looked properly, but I don't think I'll want many anyway, I never do nowadays.

PearlyQueen

I think that's a good idea! I tested the UK shipping with a good few bottles and it seemed to be flat rate, but can't remember how many it was for. I haven't really looked properly, but I don't think I'll want many anyway, I never do nowadays.
Cool, I remember you tested it but I can't recall how many it was. I don't buy that many either these days. A normal order for me is 2-4, but I've done up to six occasionally. I don't know if we'll be landed with customs, I guess we need to try it once and see...

PearlyQueen

So these are my last two manis:
blood red opal 9.JPG blood red opal 12.JPG

So... Blood Red Opal again! I've used loads of this now and I think I need to thin it a bit for next time. About 1/3 of it is gone. I wasn't meant to be wearing this but somehow or other it ended up on my nails! It was meant to be the next one! So I did it next:
massage 1.JPG massage 3.JPG massage 2.JPG
Penelope Luz Massage. This is pretty but not as shifty as I expected. I have about 2/3 of this mani still on my nails...
I decided to dye my hair today instead of doing my nails but I'm desperately hoping to do them tomorrow.
I also called my second boss today about Xmas working and it turns out that two of my three intensive cases are going away for Xmas so won't have reports being done. And they don't expect reports to be filed between 24th and 28th, so I can chill out and not worry too much about working on the big day, which is a relief! Actual days of not working, luxury!

Anitacska

Cool, I remember you tested it but I can't recall how many it was. I don't buy that many either these days. A normal order for me is 2-4, but I've done up to six occasionally. I don't know if we'll be landed with customs, I guess we need to try it once and see...
There shouldn't be any customs because we pay the VAT at the point of sale.

I like the PfD, I'll probably get that, can't remember what else I've liked.

Anitacska

So these are my last two manis:
View attachment 70878 View attachment 70879

So... Blood Red Opal again! I've used loads of this now and I think I need to thin it a bit for next time. About 1/3 of it is gone. I wasn't meant to be wearing this but somehow or other it ended up on my nails! It was meant to be the next one! So I did it next:
View attachment 70880 View attachment 70882 View attachment 70881
Penelope Luz Massage. This is pretty but not as shifty as I expected. I have about 2/3 of this mani still on my nails...
I decided to dye my hair today instead of doing my nails but I'm desperately hoping to do them tomorrow.
I also called my second boss today about Xmas working and it turns out that two of my three intensive cases are going away for Xmas so won't have reports being done. And they don't expect reports to be filed between 24th and 28th, so I can chill out and not worry too much about working on the big day, which is a relief! Actual days of not working, luxury!
I like both. Clearly you really love that Illyrian though! 😁

I've stopped taking pictures of my manis, it's just too much hassle nowadays. I still have loads I haven't posted here.

Yay for not having to work on Christmas Day! Hope you have a lovely rest.

I'm just sitting here with my work laptop waiting for things to happen, but it's very quiet. I will stay online for the afternoon, but get on with housework as I want to clean a bit before Christmas. My eldest is working today and tomorrow, so he can't help and the other two aren't much help at best of times.

PearlyQueen

I like both. Clearly you really love that Illyrian though! 😁

I've stopped taking pictures of my manis, it's just too much hassle nowadays. I still have loads I haven't posted here.

Yay for not having to work on Christmas Day! Hope you have a lovely rest.

I'm just sitting here with my work laptop waiting for things to happen, but it's very quiet. I will stay online for the afternoon, but get on with housework as I want to clean a bit before Christmas. My eldest is working today and tomorrow, so he can't help and the other two aren't much help at best of times.
I do love it! I eventually did my nails, but the pics are still in the camera so will show later!
Shame you still don't enjoy your polish and mani pics, hope that changes soon.
Have a relaxing day if you can xxx

Anitacska

I do love it! I eventually did my nails, but the pics are still in the camera so will show later!
Shame you still don't enjoy your polish and mani pics, hope that changes soon.
Have a relaxing day if you can xxx
Thanks. Christmas was pretty good actually. I was cooking a lot on Christmas Eve (afternoon) in preparation, plus Christmas Eve dinner is more of a big deal in Hungary than here and I always do something festive. My middle one really wanted the ex to come over too, so I let him. He was also here most of Christmas Day, but was tolerable. After lunch we played a few games. It was a nice day.

I didn't get to do any festive nail art, didn't even wear nail polish on Christmas Day since I was peeling stuff and washing my hands so much, I didn't want the polish peeling off into the food. I then put on FF Lilypond, which I actually took pictures of. I'll post them sometime soon. I'm not wearing polish again as I took it off last night, then promplty fell asleep, but I'll do my nails tonight. It's not that I don't enjoy polish, it's more that I don't have the time and energy to find and match polishes and actually do my nails. Admittedly I'm not as crazy about polish as I was a few years ago, but I do go through these phases, so it is what it is. I'm definitely more crazy about perfumes right now. Before polish it was make up (and scarves, and jewellery). Of course now I have a huge amount of all things in the house!

Anitacska

Here's Femme Fatale Lilypond. I liked it, but wished that I had only used it on my accent nails like I used to, because it was a pain to take off.

IMG_20221226_134033997.jpg

IMG_20221226_134038285.jpg

IMG_20221226_134043012.jpg

My December PPU order has arrived at Stackry, so now all my packages are there. I still have 2 weeks of free storage, so I might hold off with the consolidation, but I really don't have any plans to buy anything. I've seen the FTLOP box and it's a pass again. EdM only has a small release this month and nothing interests me, so that's good.

Latest posts