Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Thanks. Christmas was pretty good actually. I was cooking a lot on Christmas Eve (afternoon) in preparation, plus Christmas Eve dinner is more of a big deal in Hungary than here and I always do something festive. My middle one really wanted the ex to come over too, so I let him. He was also here most of Christmas Day, but was tolerable. After lunch we played a few games. It was a nice day.

I didn't get to do any festive nail art, didn't even wear nail polish on Christmas Day since I was peeling stuff and washing my hands so much, I didn't want the polish peeling off into the food. I then put on FF Lilypond, which I actually took pictures of. I'll post them sometime soon. I'm not wearing polish again as I took it off last night, then promplty fell asleep, but I'll do my nails tonight. It's not that I don't enjoy polish, it's more that I don't have the time and energy to find and match polishes and actually do my nails. Admittedly I'm not as crazy about polish as I was a few years ago, but I do go through these phases, so it is what it is. I'm definitely more crazy about perfumes right now. Before polish it was make up (and scarves, and jewellery). Of course now I have a huge amount of all things in the house!
So glad you had a good Xmas, and that the ex was bearable!
No polish is sad but understandable - I guess also the job has been a bit of a shock to the system after such a long time.
There's always something new to take your cash if you look, and even if you don't! For now, I'm still on the polish kick but I'm hoping not to go too nuts with it next year. But I've really stopped shopping for much else these days; the ebaying has shown me I can live without a lot of the things I've bought in the past and I'm really aiming to declutter rather than add more stuff...

PearlyQueen

Here's Femme Fatale Lilypond. I liked it, but wished that I had only used it on my accent nails like I used to, because it was a pain to take off.

View attachment 70885

View attachment 70886

View attachment 70887

My December PPU order has arrived at Stackry, so now all my packages are there. I still have 2 weeks of free storage, so I might hold off with the consolidation, but I really don't have any plans to buy anything. I've seen the FTLOP box and it's a pass again. EdM only has a small release this month and nothing interests me, so that's good.
This is cute! It really reminds me of one of the new Glams that released today. Which I am skipping by the way.
As I suspected, Great Lakes failed to consolidate my two orders, though she has refunded the excess shipping but I'll have two consolidation fees to pay. I'm only waiting for the second of these to hit Stackry - deadline for my consolidation is 5/1, that delivery is due on 3/1 so fingers crossed it will make it as I have 14 packages to ship... Yup, $28 consolidation and $12.50 hazmat before I even look at Fedex fees. I've been way too spendy.
I only like the Pahlish in the FTLOP box this time.

Anitacska

This is cute! It really reminds me of one of the new Glams that released today. Which I am skipping by the way.
As I suspected, Great Lakes failed to consolidate my two orders, though she has refunded the excess shipping but I'll have two consolidation fees to pay. I'm only waiting for the second of these to hit Stackry - deadline for my consolidation is 5/1, that delivery is due on 3/1 so fingers crossed it will make it as I have 14 packages to ship... Yup, $28 consolidation and $12.50 hazmat before I even look at Fedex fees. I've been way too spendy.
I only like the Pahlish in the FTLOP box this time.
That's really annoying. At least she refunded the excess. I hate it when they combine orders, but keep the extra shipping.

Ouch, that's a lot of packages. I have 7 (53 polishes in total). I'll still probably pay in the region of $100 once you add everything up.

Funny, I didn't think you'd like the Pahlish! I like the FM the most, but the PfD is meh and the Pahlish is just okay. Definitely not worth ordering.

I am thinking about maybe getting 2 of the new Glams, the light purple and light blue ones from the Disenchanted collection. I just watched the film yesterday, it's quite good, but not as good as the original.

PearlyQueen

That's really annoying. At least she refunded the excess. I hate it when they combine orders, but keep the extra shipping.

Ouch, that's a lot of packages. I have 7 (53 polishes in total). I'll still probably pay in the region of $100 once you add everything up.

Funny, I didn't think you'd like the Pahlish! I like the FM the most, but the PfD is meh and the Pahlish is just okay. Definitely not worth ordering.

I am thinking about maybe getting 2 of the new Glams, the light purple and light blue ones from the Disenchanted collection. I just watched the film yesterday, it's quite good, but not as good as the original.
Yup, it's going to be an expensive one (but there is a LOT in there!).
I've been weirdly drawn to greens and oranges recently, not sure where it's come from but the shimmery brights are calling me at the moment.
Your Glam choices are pretty - I was more drawn to the darker ones this time but I'm resisting.
Had a look at the Cosmetic Sanctuary PPU post just now, I think I might be tempted this time, will see what all is on preview before deciding for sure but I'm currently fancying the Nailed It, Sassy Sauce and Alchemy. Maybes are Lemming and Cupcake. Just at first glance! I don't have any Sassy Sauce polishes. I haven't seen PfD, GPL, Phoenix or GLL yet... I really don't like the Wildflower though. But her upcoming collection has several I will be getting from Hypnotic when they release. In my defence, I have worked A LOT of second job hours this month - just sent them my biggest ever invoice.

Anitacska

Yup, it's going to be an expensive one (but there is a LOT in there!).
I've been weirdly drawn to greens and oranges recently, not sure where it's come from but the shimmery brights are calling me at the moment.
Your Glam choices are pretty - I was more drawn to the darker ones this time but I'm resisting.
Had a look at the Cosmetic Sanctuary PPU post just now, I think I might be tempted this time, will see what all is on preview before deciding for sure but I'm currently fancying the Nailed It, Sassy Sauce and Alchemy. Maybes are Lemming and Cupcake. Just at first glance! I don't have any Sassy Sauce polishes. I haven't seen PfD, GPL, Phoenix or GLL yet... I really don't like the Wildflower though. But her upcoming collection has several I will be getting from Hypnotic when they release. In my defence, I have worked A LOT of second job hours this month - just sent them my biggest ever invoice.
I haven't looked at CS's post, I find it too long and her swatches a bit dull. I'll just check the shop once wishlisting begins.

Haven't bought the Glams yet, still thinking about them.

PearlyQueen

So now wishlisting is open, PPU is tempting me a lot this month! I'm surprised, my current list is Alchemy, Sassy Sauce, PfD, Vanessa Molina, Penelope Luz and Nailed It - having already crossed at least three off...
My cross-offs were Cuticula, BKL, Lemming. Not final list yet but I definitely love this collection. I think the BKL reminds me a lot of the one I bought recently, Familia es Familia, I must do a comparison before I finalise.

Anitacska

So now wishlisting is open, PPU is tempting me a lot this month! I'm surprised, my current list is Alchemy, Sassy Sauce, PfD, Vanessa Molina, Penelope Luz and Nailed It - having already crossed at least three off...
My cross-offs were Cuticula, BKL, Lemming. Not final list yet but I definitely love this collection. I think the BKL reminds me a lot of the one I bought recently, Familia es Familia, I must do a comparison before I finalise.

I've had a look and I like 6 too, including the PfD and Nailed It. Also Cupcake, KBShimmer, Pahlish and EdM. That would make it 10 in total if we combined our order (no point in ordering the PfD and Nailed It twice, we can just do decants). I may not even get all.

I also had a look at HHC and the Pahlish and Nailed It are really nice, but I will order through the UK group buy (if I buy them).

PearlyQueen

I've had a look and I like 6 too, including the PfD and Nailed It. Also Cupcake, KBShimmer, Pahlish and EdM. That would make it 10 in total if we combined our order (no point in ordering the PfD and Nailed It twice, we can just do decants). I may not even get all.

I also had a look at HHC and the Pahlish and Nailed It are really nice, but I will order through the UK group buy (if I buy them).
That is pleasingly easy if we both want the same number! I agree we may as well share the two in common. I will order this time, you can do the next one if that's OK. I suggest we split the cost in two including the forwarding fee for the UK postage? I think this seems the easiest way to do it if we're going to keep it going. Maybe if one of us only wants one or two polishes and the other has a larger order, we can revisit the split on the US shipping fees, so that a single polish doesn't become too expensive? Let me know what you think! I also suggest that if we're sharing bottles, the person receiving delivery pays for the mini bottle/s and gets pick of which one to decant when they arrive? Open to suggestions though! xxx
I really like the HHC Pahlish, if you get that I might have it on the swap list...

Anitacska

That is pleasingly easy if we both want the same number! I agree we may as well share the two in common. I will order this time, you can do the next one if that's OK. I suggest we split the cost in two including the forwarding fee for the UK postage? I think this seems the easiest way to do it if we're going to keep it going. Maybe if one of us only wants one or two polishes and the other has a larger order, we can revisit the split on the US shipping fees, so that a single polish doesn't become too expensive? Let me know what you think! I also suggest that if we're sharing bottles, the person receiving delivery pays for the mini bottle/s and gets pick of which one to decant when they arrive? Open to suggestions though! xxx
I really like the HHC Pahlish, if you get that I might have it on the swap list...
Let me check I understand this correctly, especially the last part. Do you mean the person receiving the delivery gets to keep the polishes they are decanting for the other and pays for the mini bottles? Sorry I've read that sentence a few times now, but not entirely sure what you mean.

I think sharing the shipping costs evenly especially in this instance is great. If we both want the PfD and the Nailed It, then split the price of those and then the person receiving them (you) can pay for the mini bottles and send the decants. Next month if this occurs again, I keep the bottles, but pay for the minis and send you the decants. That way it's fair? So in this instance we would both pay for our 4 polishes each, then split the price of the 2 we both want, split the US and UK shipping, plus you pay for the mini bottles since you get to keep the big bottles. Hope that makes sense?

Of course if I buy the Pahlish, I'm happy to swap for that. I think going forward just assume that I'm happy to decant anything.

PearlyQueen

Let me check I understand this correctly, especially the last part. Do you mean the person receiving the delivery gets to keep the polishes they are decanting for the other and pays for the mini bottles? Sorry I've read that sentence a few times now, but not entirely sure what you mean.

I think sharing the shipping costs evenly especially in this instance is great. If we both want the PfD and the Nailed It, then split the price of those and then the person receiving them (you) can pay for the mini bottles and send the decants. Next month if this occurs again, I keep the bottles, but pay for the minis and send you the decants. That way it's fair? So in this instance we would both pay for our 4 polishes each, then split the price of the 2 we both want, split the US and UK shipping, plus you pay for the mini bottles since you get to keep the big bottles. Hope that makes sense?

Of course if I buy the Pahlish, I'm happy to swap for that. I think going forward just assume that I'm happy to decant anything.
Hi Anita, your idea makes sense on splitting bottles, so I'm happy with that. I had originally meant we would get one full size each, decanter's choice but I like your concept as it accounts for bottle costs.
I'm going to suggest that since the difference in cost on our polishes and splits is less than $1 we just split the bill evenly, it will be easier! (Assuming we both stick with our choices!) So you send me half of what my Paypal bill comes to plus £1.50 for the UK postage, which I pay PO for when they get here.
I also think that in future, as long as we both want at least three polishes, I'm happy to split shipping costs down the middle. I think half of flat rate shipping is about $9, and $3 per polish is an amount I'd be happy to pay.

Anitacska

Hi Anita, your idea makes sense on splitting bottles, so I'm happy with that. I had originally meant we would get one full size each, decanter's choice but I like your concept as it accounts for bottle costs.
I'm going to suggest that since the difference in cost on our polishes and splits is less than $1 we just split the bill evenly, it will be easier! (Assuming we both stick with our choices!) So you send me half of what my Paypal bill comes to plus £1.50 for the UK postage, which I pay PO for when they get here.
I also think that in future, as long as we both want at least three polishes, I'm happy to split shipping costs down the middle. I think half of flat rate shipping is about $9, and $3 per polish is an amount I'd be happy to pay.

Okay, that all sounds good. I can't remember now how much the flat rate shipping was, but I know it wasn't too bad ($16-ish?). Hopefully it won't go up for 10 bottles. Don't forget we also have to pay 20% VAT on top of what we order, but then there won't be any extra customs to pay hopefully. I don't think 10 bottles will be more than £135?

PearlyQueen

Okay, that all sounds good. I can't remember now how much the flat rate shipping was, but I know it wasn't too bad ($16-ish?). Hopefully it won't go up for 10 bottles. Don't forget we also have to pay 20% VAT on top of what we order, but then there won't be any extra customs to pay hopefully. I don't think 10 bottles will be more than £135?
Excellent! Let's do it!!! Please confirm if you change what you want before it opens, for now I've loaded my wishlist with our choices.
x

PearlyQueen

Well I've just gone off the Sassy Sauce - I think all the swatchers I'd seen before must have had cold hands because I've only now seen the "warm" version and I don't like it. Might swap it out for the 'Ard As Nails, which I hadn't looked closely at before.
You're right, the Dreamland is very pretty.

Anitacska

Hi Anne, could you please delete the Cupcake off my list, I've decided I don't want it after all. And swap the EdM with the Dreamland. Sorry it throws out the balance as I now only want 3 (on top of the 2 we're sharing). I'll confirm later tonight, but I don't think I want anything else.

PearlyQueen

Hi Anne, could you please delete the Cupcake off my list, I've decided I don't want it after all. And swap the EdM with the Dreamland. Sorry it throws out the balance as I now only want 3 (on top of the 2 we're sharing). I'll confirm later tonight, but I don't think I want anything else.
Will do, not a problem. It's only a little bit of maths!

PearlyQueen

I've just binned the Alchemy as well, a bit too transparent. However, my list still comes to $1 more than yours, so I will still do the maths after payment and give you an exact amount afterwards xxx

Anitacska

Sorry to be a pain, but could I add the Grace-full to my list? So Dreamland, Grace-full, Pahlish and KBShimmer is my final 4. Obviously I'll pay what my polishes cost plus half of the PfD and Nailed It.

I actually thought it opens tomorrow, I'm so used to the UK shop opening times!

If the shipping goes up after 8 polishes, then I won't get the Grace-full. I don't think it's worth paying extra shipping on it, but it's really nice.

PearlyQueen

Sorry to be a pain, but could I add the Grace-full to my list? So Dreamland, Grace-full, Pahlish and KBShimmer is my final 4. Obviously I'll pay what my polishes cost plus half of the PfD and Nailed It.

I actually thought it opens tomorrow, I'm so used to the UK shop opening times!

If the shipping goes up after 8 polishes, then I won't get the Grace-full. I don't think it's worth paying extra shipping on it, but it's really nice.
You are not being a pain, I may well be the same when it's your turn to order! It's just the normal process of finalising your cart - we all do it.
I like the Grace-full too!
I know what you mean about the opening day, gets me too!
I did a wee test run with 10 bottles of base coat and the shipping was the same as for 8, so I think we're good.

PearlyQueen

Meant to say, my Stackry is now on the way, GLL made it with a couple of days to go! Fedex was $96 plus the hazmat and consolidation, there are over 70 polishes/items so not too bad in the end. They also only charged me $25 for consolidation (14 packages so I expected $28). I think it might be capped because I can't see how it would be a mistake. Total was about £118. Anyhow, very pleased, it all worked out OK and overall it's just over £1.50 per polish so not too scary after all.
And I just got a shipping notice for my small RC order too.
My Christmas mani is a mess now though, shame but it needs to go! But will have to wait as I'm in-office today and tomorrow and just can't afford the time.

Latest posts