Napoleon Perdis cosmetics

jeanna

http://www.napoleoncosmetics.com/

There's a part-time position opening up and while I would LOVE to work for MAC one day, a position at any cosmetics counter to gain some experience would be good. Anyway, I've never heard of this line before. Are the cosmetics any good? I wouldn't consider working for a company with products of poor quality, especially when it comes to makeup. Thanks!!

user3

Overall I've heard good things about that line.They do have some bad seeds but overall a good line. I'd say from what I've read and heard most of their products are really nice.

I have not tried the line myself. I've wanted one of those DeVine Goddess lipsticks since I laid eyes on them. I am a package sucker!

BrownSugar

Are you kidding - Napolean Perdis is up there with MAC down here in Australia. Its actually an Australian brand, and this line of makeup is being used in the Australian edition of Next Top Model. I have a few of their eyeshadows and my sister has almost their entire range - ranging from e/s to lipglosses, primers (for all parts of the face), powder, concealer etc etc and she always looks flawless.

Their colour lines are similar to MAC - they have loud vibrant colours and muted neutrals too - they have their own makeup brushes etc - and are all highly rated down here.

I think if you eventually want a job with MAC - then going to Napolean first is a good way to go - I mean I know nothing about being a makeup artist, but I am sure experience in a hip, colourful, Aussie brand would rate highly at a MAC job interview.

Good Luck and let us know how you go.

jeanna

Thanks ladies! Oooh, BrownSugar, you have tempted me to apply
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

BrownSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
Thanks ladies! Oooh, BrownSugar, you have tempted me to apply
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

No worries jeanna - Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Ms. Z

Napoleon Perdis

I have my eye on a few products (Saks website) but they are soooo expensive.

Isis

We have that line at Saks, but I've not looked at it yet.
Guess I'll have to check it out now!!
edit:
It's no longer instore at my Saks. They must have removed it after the holidays. That's interesting about the rebranding. Not many people know this but Bobbi Brown numbers match the numbers of Your Name Cosmetics colors. My teacher at school showed us pics of the comparisons from one of the trade shows in Vegas. Apparentlly the guy who "formulates" her colors at for YNC. Pretty Wild!

bubbly_brunette

Im in Aus also the only thing i love is there loose translucent powder, but besides that the foundations are cakey, the shadows arent that great and i dont find the quality that good at all. MAC has a wider variety of colours and you get what you pay for and quality is just lovely.

mspixieears

It's pretty much the Australian MAC but not quite as good quality-wise all round. Some of their things are awesome, like their lip lacquers, shimmery body lotion, satin lips lipshine. The MAs tend to make people way too orange whenever you get a makeover!!! It's a bit expensive. I have one of their lipsticks and had a roller eyeshadow like the Maybelline ones (not available in Australia) which was pretty unremarkable.

Some of their loose powder eyeshadows are supposed to be really good and come in the most dazzling array of colours.

Their Private range of e/s are supposed to be fantastic. I've wanted the blue one for ages but just don't get round to getting it!

pinkykss

I hate people calling this Brand the "Australian MAC".... mostly because Napoleon himself is a national embarresment (you'll understand if you see what he looks like) but also because a lot of his products are much cheaper names, rebranded

x.els.x

i had my makeup done by napoleon perdis for my year 10 formal in november of last year..i LOVED what i had done..although i did ask the MUA to tone the eyeshadow a lil bit as it was just a little formal hehe
i bought the lipliner and lip laquer..both GREAT!

if you all need pics i am happy to show..
greengrin.gif

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.els.x
i had my makeup done by napoleon perdis for my year 10 formal in november of last year..i LOVED what i had done..although i did ask the MUA to tone the eyeshadow a lil bit as it was just a little formal hehe
i bought the lipliner and lip laquer..both GREAT!

if you all need pics i am happy to show..
greengrin.gif

Yes please!
smiles.gif

xxElusivexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkykss
I hate people calling this Brand the "Australian MAC".... mostly because Napoleon himself is a national embarresment (you'll understand if you see what he looks like) but also because a lot of his products are much cheaper names, rebranded

From everything I've heard, Napoleon is just crap. Sure, a few of their products are good but not worth the price. It's also widely said that a lot of his stuff is just a cheaper brand called La Femme rebranded- exactly identical.

I've tried a few of their products and thy are definitely not worth the price. Oh and I've read about a MA that did a course with Napoleon and hides it; as in she doesn't put it on her resume as Napoleon has a bad name in the industry. On another forum I am a member of, eberyone that has done the course says it is a complete waste of time and money. It doesn't sound too good..
ssad.gif

docmaria

They used to be more honest about the rebranding. Heck they used to sell Ben Nye at the counter.

I do love the loose pigments.

Way overpriced in North America in my opinion, but good luck!

jeanna

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
!! Oh my... that's not very nice of them to re-brand and over charge like that! Definitely changes my perspective of them, for sure...

Peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkykss

Agreed. I think he's a loser and so I will never purchase any of his products.

Having someone else purchase them for me is another thing... My sister bought me the Autopilot primer. It's ok. I like the smell, but I dont know if it benefits the longevity of my makeup or not.

My favourite lipgloss as a teenager was a Napoleon one. The glass/plastic clear tube with the flowers in it & it tasted like cherry cola
greengrin.gif

misspresh

Napoleon products are not worth the price and hype. Some of the products are so-so, like the mosaic bronzer etc, but there's much better elsewhere and the whole line is overrated.

I know people who have done his makeup course and say it's a waste of time, and it's fact that he rebrands La Femme eyeshadows.

Don't waste your time, sorry.
smiles.gif

And hello voguettes!
lol.gif

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspresh
Napoleon products are not worth the price and hype. Some of the products are so-so, like the mosaic bronzer etc, but there's much better elsewhere and the whole line is overrated.

I know people who have done his makeup course and say it's a waste of time, and it's fact that he rebrands La Femme eyeshadows.

Don't waste your time, sorry.
smiles.gif

And hello voguettes!
lol.gif

Ahh u beat me too it misspresh! hello everyone
smiles.gif

And ditto the "national embarassment"
i have a few items of his which i like (patrol e/s in Private ocean and Private Noir) but i got them cheap when Napoleon moved out of myers-otherwise i would have gone to MAC.

Latest posts