NARS "And God Created The Woman" Gift Set

sungelly87

I just got the palette! Its so cute and gonna be so great to travel with and take in your makeup bag. The primer is awesome the only thing that works for me.

Monsy

Primer is ok. Not better than other ones on the market like UD or Lorac, but works well

MarieMary

I like the NARS primer, it's really good. I find it better than the others I've tried as far as color intensity is concerned. It's a bit better for longevity as well; I get a couple of extra hours than other primers before it starts creasing. I have oily partially hooded lids for reference.

MarieMary

Nice pictures, thanks! :)

I think I'll get this gift set, even though I do have some of the eyeshadows already, and I have a mini eyeshadow primer. But I've been wanting this brush for a while, and there's no way I'm paying full price for it. Plus the eyeshadows are good neutrals, so it's not like I wouldn't use them eventually.

What can you say about the brush, have you tried it?

elegant-one

Nice pictures, thanks! :)

I think I'll get this gift set, even though I do have some of the eyeshadows already, and I have a mini eyeshadow primer. But I've been wanting this brush for a while, and there's no way I'm paying full price for it. Plus the eyeshadows are good neutrals, so it's not like I wouldn't use them eventually.

What can you say about the brush, have you tried it?
I just did. Its kind of thick & fluffy & soft. It feels like a nice full head brush. Its a great palette to have. The es are so rich & pigmented & soft.

luvlydee

First finger is the bottom row, the other 3 fingers are the top row in order left to right.
thanks for the swatches :) i have so many mac neutrals that i have a feeling i can dupe all of these shadows so its a pass for me. i only own 1 nars shadow and thats Grenadines and i think im satisfied with that. Im more into nars skin and face products. no lips/eyes really attract me so much. (i actually use nars laguna bronzer as my everyday shadow lol)

Monsy

havent tried lorac but UD sucks on my lids and my sisters lids. Can we say Crease City?
I have very dry lids and UD works great. I also love love Lorac, it's very similar to UD but hase little bit more tint to it. I recommended it to a friend with a very oily lids and she loves it. She also hated NArs and returned it.
The only one I hated is Too faced. Eyeshadows faded in couple of hours. That never happened to me with any other primer.

MaitaiFluff

Hmm, I'm going to have to play around when my Laura Mercier stuff starts running low. Thank you for all the input. I know you ladies are saying that the palette is smaller than originally thought, but how small is it actually?

elkaknits

I don't have a singleton to photograph since these are my first Nars e/s however according to sephora website a single e/s contains .07oz of product and this one contains 6 shades at .03oz each. That is significantly smaller. You get you get @ 2 1/2 singles worth of shadow .18 oz divied up 6 ways

MaitaiFluff

I don't have a singleton to photograph since these are my first Nars e/s however according to sephora website a single e/s contains .07oz of product and this one contains 6 shades at .03oz each. That is significantly smaller.  You get you get @ 2 1/2 singles worth of shadow .18 oz divied up 6 ways
I probably would have learned my math much faster if I had thought of it in eye shadow pans. Thank you for looking this up and congrats on the expansion of your NARS collection.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yup, I think I'm definitely going to have to get this one. I really like the neutrals and I've wanted to try the Nars primer for a while. So far, primers and I have not gotten along. I stick by my Mac paint pots, because UD Primer Potion creased within seconds on me and Benefit's Stay, Don't Stray seemed to make shades look muted or muddy.

MarieMary

Thanks for the size, ladies. ;) I've had to convert everything, because oz and inches don't speak to me. :p

Someone on Sephora posted a review for the gift set and included 2 pictures, including one with a NARS blush so you can compare the size:
http://www.sephora.com/god-created-the-woman-set-P377825

elegant-one

I tried the primer today. I am not a lover of any eye primers as they just seem dry & mute the actual colors on my lids. I have dry to normal skin & I love shadows just they way they are on my natural naked skin & I never have problems with shadows or liners fading away.

The shadow that is the far right third color on the top row makes a lovely blending crease color & under the bottom lash line color.

elegant-one

You are very lucky, and just like my sister: you have what we call magical eyelids. :p
Magical Eyelids
girlhaha.gif
th_thstars.gif

arvika

please help!!!

i cant tell if the 'bellissima' shadow is the lighter cream side or the darker taupey brown side.....i want to order it if its the darker of the two in the duo but pics still make it so hard to tell :(

in some pics it looks like it might be one or the other

Latest posts