NARS blushes for WOC

2browneyes

Don't be scared...lol The price is a little more than MAC but it's so worth it! The colors are crazy pigmented so you'll only need a little bit at a time which means they'll last a good while. There have been some good NARS starter blushes for WOC mentioned in this thread....take a look at swatches of some of the shades mentioned then go to Sephora if you're near one and swatch away :)
I just started wearing blush recently and I wan't to jump onto the NARS bandwagon but I don't know where to start. I also think the price is causing my hesitation.

2browneyes

Desire looks a lil bit like the pink side of AP from MAC WW. Shontay, would it be possible for you to swatch the 2 next to each other for comparison please? TIA

shontay07108

So...comparing Desire and AP from Mac's WW, they are similar but they are not dupes for each other. The differences: Desire is much, much more pigmented(That's not to say AP isn't, but Desire is ridiculously pigmented). AP feels like a Satin, while Desire is definitely Matte. Also, AP is a darker pink. Desire is like that true Barbie pink and can be intimidating to look at in the pan. I am NC45-50, I guess. 173 in Mufe hd and both blushes work great on me. It's absolutely key that you tread very lightly with Desire. Build it up because it's crazy pigmented. If you're on a budget, I guess one will do, but if you can have both, go for it. I personally prefer Desire. AP, Desire AP, Desire (natural light) AP, Desire (flash)

shontay07108

[quote name="BeautyByLele" url="/forum/thread/171467/nars-blushes-for-woc/90#post_2102390"]

What blush do you have that is similar to Torrid ?

I have Mata Hari and I like it also

[/quote] I know you're not asking me, but Torrid is in the coral family. It's just a shimmery coral that's like a cousin of MA from Mac's WW, a less intense Marine Life, a deeper, more shimmery hipness. I say all that to say that it's not a terribly unique color at all, but if you like the Nars formula, it's worth buying.

annjr2003

Hilarious! Well, at least I know who I can come to for a loan!

Sephora is at Florida Mall. Not that it has anything to do with Sephora, I've been to the Mall at Millennia twice and am not impressed. I love Florida Mall!

EngineerBarbie

I know you're not asking me, but Torrid is in the coral family. It's just a shimmery coral that's like a cousin of MA from Mac's WW, a less intense Marine Life, a deeper, more shimmery hipness. I say all that to say that it's not a terribly unique color at all, but if you like the Nars formula, it's worth buying.
As Shontay pointed out, MA is a shimmery coral very akin to Torrid. If I had a choice (and unlimited funds) I would go with NARS because the pigmentation is wonderful and you don't need much. I find I have to use more of a MAC blush (Her Blooming Cheek is the exception for me) than I would a NARS blush.

BeautyByLele

Oh, Sephora didn't have Gina or Gilda and I wanted to check those out . . . guess imma have to check that out this weekend @ a Nars counter.

Can somebody who has both (Gina & Gilda) blushes can you please do a swatch to compare???? TIA

shontay07108

[quote name="BeautyByLele" url="/forum/thread/171467/nars-blushes-for-woc/90#post_2102534"]

Thanks Shontay I have both; ML & MA !!! Plus I just came back from Sephora to check out Torrid and you guys are right it is in the coral family.  Yes it is a very pretty blush but since I already have the other two coral blushes I think I will pass on Torrid !!!!!

Most def, I feel ya on that one.  I love the few blushes that I already have but I do have to "plan" when I want to splurge on Nars

I also swatched Desire in the store and is very pigmented, on the bare hand it swatched chalky, but when I layered in over a lil foundation it was pretty.  Also Angelika was nice as well.

[/quote] Desire definitely looks better on the face than when swatched. I love Angelika, too but most times, I don't want that shimmer/glitter on my face because I have it going on with my lips. [quote name="BeautyByLele" url="/forum/thread/171467/nars-blushes-for-woc/90#post_2102536"] Oh, Sephora didn't have Gina or Gilda and I wanted to check those out . . . guess imma have to check that out this weekend @ a Nars counter.

Can somebody who has both (Gina & Gilda) blushes can you please do a swatch to compare???? TIA
[/quote] Gina is also a color that works better on the face than with a swatch. I don't own Gilda to compare, but Gina is my favorite blush I own. The most natural kind of soft, coral glow. Through the day when you pass by a mirror, you'll love it.

BeautyByLele

Exhibit A is a must have and so is Cactus Flower, try layering the two , OMG blushgasm for sure!
I always kept looking at exhibit A but I never picked it up well tonight I just ordered this blush as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im super excited for these blushes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nanaparty.gif

BeautyByLele

Also guys there is another coupon code for 17% off $75 or more + Free Shipping . . .

Coupon Code 0404211CP EXPIRES 4/19

shontay07108

[quote name="BeautyByLele" url="/forum/thread/171467/nars-blushes-for-woc/90#post_2102621"] 
I just placed an order for this blush . . . .im excited !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Shontay because of your swatched I also just ordered Mounia

I always kept looking at exhibit A but I never picked it up well tonight I just ordered this blush as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im super excited for these blushes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nanaparty.gif

[/quote] Yay!!! You will love, love, love it! Thanks for the coupon code. I have some things I want to buy. Maybe I will look into Exhibit A to see if it's different from other blushes I own. I might try a cream blush, also. I'm really after some glosses and lipsticks, though.

freesiafc

I finally took the plunge. I ordered Lovejoy, Taj Mahal, and Albatross. It took me forever to decide on the three I ordered. I plan to order more before the coupon code expires.

BeautyByLele

Those were the first two blushes I purchased when I got into Nars last year !!!!!!! You will love them.

I finally took the plunge. I ordered Lovejoy, Taj Mahal, and Albatross. It took me forever to decide on the three I ordered. I plan to order more before the coupon code expires.
I placed an order for 3 blushes last night, hopefully my funds will allow me to purchase more b4 the code expires, although lately those codes have come around quite often.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Hold on to your orders ladies! :) The word on facebook is that the Summer collection for NARS will roll out April 15th - 4 days before the code expires BeautyByLele so kindly passed on :)

Latest posts