NARS Blushes

PeachTwist

Hi guys!

I have a few of the NARS blushes on my wish list. They're all permanent but I was wondering if you know of any MAC dupes so I can see if I have something similar in my collection already, or if you can tell me if a shade is worth the purchase?

Dolce Vita
Oasis
Sin
Amour
Gilda
Gina

Do any of these have a lot of shimmer? I tend to prefer matte/satin blushes, so if you have others you can recommend instead of these, that's fine too!

My foundation colouring is in my signature for a few brands but I'm roughly NC15.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I also currently own Orgasm (hate it for the shimmer and way over rated), Mata Hari and Douceur!

Monsy

For your skintone I think you should try - madly, luster and deep throat

btw I am nc15/20

hazyday

My recommendations:

Amour for sure (this is a color for everyone!)
Madly- So boring in the pan, but BEAUTIFUL on the skin
Gaiety - It's very bright in the pan, but it builds nicely
Love
Gilda

AutumnMoon

I'm a huge fan of Sex appeal. No shimmer, pale matte perfection. I think it's close to Stay Pretty, but it's different enough from my other mac blushes that I prefer it. Also, if you can still find it, love and final cut are nice and matte.

Dominique33

I second :) Sex Appeal is perfect for pale skins, Gaiety looks bright in the pan but it is quite soft and buildable, Amour is very pretty but it is quite intense ( apricot ), Oasis would be an option, Daydream too if it is still available ( collec Guy Bourdin ), why not Angelika too a lovely pink really, but I think Gaiety is softer.

MarieMary

I'd say Amour, Sex Appeal and Gilda. All matte. Sex Appeal is for very pale skins, so you won't have to fear overdoing it too much. But Amour is darker and more pigmented, so a light hand is necessary.
The blushes in the Final Cut collection (Love, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, New Attitude), are pretty good too, and all matte, but I'm not sure they're still available.

AutumnMoon

I'd say Amour, Sex Appeal and Gilda. All matte. Sex Appeal is for very pale skins, so you won't have to fear overdoing it too much. But Amour is darker and more pigmented, so a light hand is necessary. The blushes in the Final Cut collection (Love, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, New Attitude), are pretty good too, and all matte, but I'm not sure they're still available.
I think final cut blushes are still available at NARS cosmetics.com. They are so lovely. And it's pretty much impossible to overload on sex appeal. (Lol)

PixieDancer

Did you decide which one(s) you were going to look into? Just curious... I'm a sucker for pretty NARS blushes. But I hate to recommend since I'm much warmer complected.

PeachTwist

I haven't yet!

I haven't managed to go through all the comments and look up all the swatches to write down my definitive list.

Ideally, I'd like ones that are unique, as I'm realising I have quite a lot of blushes - mostly pink toned. Though I'd like at least one that I can say can be worn with everything, for instance as a go-to if I don't know what to use.

Feel free to recommend, though!

I'll be doing a lot of swatch hunting before I plan to order any and it'll likely be something I order one at a time due to the cost of them.

hopefulheart

I'm a huge fan of Sex appeal. No shimmer, pale matte perfection. I think it's close to Stay Pretty, but it's different enough from my other mac blushes that I prefer it. Also, if you can still find it, love and final cut are nice and matte.
I second :) Sex Appeal is perfect for pale skins, Gaiety looks bright in the pan but it is quite soft and buildable, Amour is very pretty but it is quite intense ( apricot ), Oasis would be an option, Daydream too if it is still available ( collec Guy Bourdin ), why not Angelika too a lovely pink really, but I think Gaiety is softer.
I'd say Amour, Sex Appeal and Gilda. All matte. Sex Appeal is for very pale skins, so you won't have to fear overdoing it too much. But Amour is darker and more pigmented, so a light hand is necessary. The blushes in the Final Cut collection (Love, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, New Attitude), are pretty good too, and all matte, but I'm not sure they're still available.
Does anyone have Immortal Flower from MAC to compare to NARS Sex Appeal?

Monsy

you are welcome
sorry for waiting and not so great quality photos
but I think you can get an idea that they are not so similar

you need both
eyelove.gif

hopefulheart

you are welcome  sorry for waiting and not so great quality photos but I think you can get an idea that they are not so similar you need both :eyelove:
Oh it's no problem. There was no rush! Yes they both look beautiful and different enough to get both! I plan to pick up Immortal Flower the next time I'm at a CCO and Sex Appeal the next time there is a sale at Nordstroms or Sephora.

MandyVanHook

I put a Nars blush collection video up on YouTube for anyone interested. I do arm and cheek swatches of 20 of them. The link is in my signature.
heart.gif

butterflyeyes

A friend was kind enough to give me a NARS blush for my bday today (a little early) in Dolce Vita. Surprisingly this is my first NARS blush...and ironically I placed an order for Luster and Albatross yesterday lol. I thought I had ordered Taj Mahal but apparently I didn't so...I'll probably order it soon. I've been so obsessed with the MUFE HD cream blushes that I haven't been interested in trying anything else, but I'm hoping to love these. If I do then I'll hold out for NARS to approve my pro discount so I can stock my kit with other colors.