NARS Contour Blush

NYCBeautyJunkie

So, I don't want to get ahead of myself but I did some finnagling while googling the blushes and was able to order the contour blush off of the NARS website
icon_eek.gif
I couldn't find the new contour brush (#21 not the Ita) but my local NARS boutique said it'll launch on the 21st anyway, so no point on pre-ordering from Nordies when their approx. ship date is the 17th.

Lets see if the order ships... then I'll believe

NYCBeautyJunkie

Oh, and aside from the darkest duo (which is called Gienah) they are being described as: Olympia - Ivory/Rose; Paloma - Pink Beige/Deep Rose; Gienah - Honey/Amber on the NARS website.

So if the first two pinkish in undertones, I can't see them being too warm for those who are concerned about such.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh, and aside from the darkest duo (which is called Gienah) they are being described as: Olympia - Ivory/Rose; Paloma - Pink Beige/Deep Rose; Gienah - Honey/Amber on the NARS website.

So if the first two pinkish in undertones, I can't see them being too warm for those who are concerned about such.
The descriptions of the two lighter combos actually sound quite interesting to me. I'm getting curious!

Monsy

hm nothing for light yellow skin tones? why would anyone contour with rose tone?

shellygrrl

Staff member
hm nothing for light yellow skin tones? why would anyone contour with rose tone? 
Or for anyone with more neutral undertones? Anyway, I really don't know why one would use a rosy colour for contouring. The natural contours of your (that's the in-general "your", of course) face are more ashy. Strangeness.

MaitaiFluff

If it's rosy in colour, I think this might be intended as a fancy blush? I remember reading a NARS quote once about how he likes to layer blushes to add more dimension. What if it's just blush with some highlight? That wouldn't make too much sense though given the few times that we've seen it used. Anyways, I hope it's proves to be an actually contour item since contouring seems to be very IN right now.

MarieMary

That's the pitch for the product: "A duo of contouring blush shades to create natural-looking dimension for the face with a lightweight luminous finish. A deeper shade enhances definition while a lighter shade illuminates the high points of the face."

Olympia (Ivory / Rose)

Paloma (Pink beige / deep rose)

Gienah (Honey / Amber)

kerry-jane88

That's the pitch for the product: "A duo of contouring blush shades to create natural-looking dimension for the face with a lightweight luminous finish. A deeper shade enhances definition while a lighter shade illuminates the high points of the face." Olympia (Ivory / Rose) Paloma (Pink beige / deep rose) Gienah (Honey / Amber)
Olympia be mine! :D

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hmm... Olympia does look good and pretty cooltoned. I'm just not sure about the quality. The only NARS blush I tried is Orgasm and the texture is so rough.

Monsy

I don't think you should judge only based on one product. For me NARS has one of the best blushes on the market.

kerry-jane88

[@]Naynadine[/@] I must agree with [@]Monsy[/@] some of their blushes are spectacular. Personally I own Laguna bronzer, deep throat and sin blushes and although they can all be considered as shimmery on me they all feel/apply different. Are these matte? If they are then I have high hopes, my sis wears a matte orange (glinda/Gina?) and its so pretty on. The formula is soft so you get through it quick, but it's very flattering. I reckon I'll be using olympia as a blush anyway im not mad for contouring.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I might give them another chance. It's just that we don't have Nars in Germany, so I can't return something if I'm not satisfied wiith it. I also bought the Light Reflecting powder and thought it had a dry and rough texture too, so I'm not sure if Nars powder products in generel are for me.

Monsy

i might try olympia
I know it says rose in the description but i do not see anything rosy in any of them

MarieMary

Hmm... Olympia does look good and pretty cooltoned. I'm just not sure about the quality. The only NARS blush I tried is Orgasm and the texture is so rough.
Orgasm, despite being their best selling shade is not part of the best NARS has to offer imho. There are plenty of much better blushes. And they're not rough at all. I use Amour, Sex Appeal, Boys Don't Cry and Coeur Battant on a rotation and I don't have any issues with textures. ;) The pressed LRSP is a different texture altogether.

Are these matte?
They're matte. :) I can't remember where I read this, but on the pictures posted on Instagram (that you can see here), I don't see any shimmer.

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeupAddict22

Do we know a price yet ??
I read $42.00 so a bit more than a bronzer.

Monsy

Orgasm, despite being their best selling shade is not part of the best NARS has to offer imho. There are plenty of much better blushes.
I agree completely. I have many NARS blushes and orgasm is my least favorite. I barely ever use it

Mybootsareheavy

So, I don't want to get ahead of myself but I did some finnagling while googling the blushes and was able to order the contour blush off of the NARS website
icon_eek.gif
I couldn't find the new contour brush (#21 not the Ita) but my local NARS boutique said it'll launch on the 21st anyway, so no point on pre-ordering from Nordies when their approx. ship date is the 17th.

Lets see if the order ships... then I'll believe
Mine shipped on Friday! I'll let you guys know when it arrives! I don't know why Nordstrom posts those bogus dates! They did the same thing with the final cut collection.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Mine shipped on Friday! I'll let you guys know when it arrives! I don't know why Nordstrom posts those bogus dates! They did the same thing with the final cut collection.
Oh yay! I'll order it then. But just to be sure, did you request samples with your order? Because I and a few others on specktra have been duped by them sending samples alone in a box first and then the actual item, lol. It states whether its the samples coming first or not in the shipment email.

Latest posts