NARS Contour Blush

Monsy

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2014/03/nars-contour-blush.html

i guess when referring to ROSE part it's actually highlighter part ??

nazih09

I'm sorry, I haven't had a ton of extra time during daylight so I took some in bad lighting with my phone. I don't have the old one for comparison.

I was wondering the same thing before I bought it from Nordstrom. I know they didn't seem to carry it before...
thank you!!

Spanky

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing fantastic. I'm so out of the loop, why is everyone having such issues getting the ITA brush? Is this different than the one they had previously? I got one during the holidays & sitting here completely unused. I'm drooling over these countouring duos! I'm loving that they have 3 different color options. Thanks for positing your thoughts on Gienah NYC Beauty Junkie. It looks lovely. Do you feel like this is HG for your countouring needs? May I ask what skintone you are? Is anyone thinking of getting the #21 brush? Also, has anyone bought any of the matte multiples & found that you like it for contouring? If so, what is a good one to check out for NC20s? I'm a little bummed out b/c I was hoping one of the colors would be a quasi dupe for Chanel's Notorious. Granted Notorious is very dramatic & my husband said I looked strung out. It doesn't help that I've lost another 10 lbs. in a matter of a month & a half this is on top of a 12 lb. weight loss over the last few months. But I love Notorious & I can only hope & pray that I can find a BU of it or that Chanel will repromote it. I love it, I just have to be light handed with it & use it for special night time event, which there have been none of considering my current health status. If anyone has a Notorious & would like it to have a new home I'm adopting ;) ! Anyhow, I haven't seen swatches of these, but the colors on line didn't look like Notorious, if I'm wrong, please correct me. I hope these are better than the Illamasqua Sculpting Duo. I had to buy it blind b/c no one really had swatched it & I was unsure if it was an LE item. I was so excited to get it & when I tried it I just didn't feel it. I am very let down. I've tried it another time but again I was just not thrilled. It doesn't do it for me like Strada...which is another one that if anyone needs to rehome, I'll take it in, gladly. Take care y'all.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Found a blog with swatches of Olympia: http://project-swatch.com/nars-olympia-contour-blush-review-swatches/ Spanky, I'm NC50 in MAC. I think it'll be perfect for quick, subtle and natural everyday contouring and highlighting. The highlight shade is also very soft and subtle; like a brightening powder of sorts with a soft satin type finish on the skin.

Monsy

Spanky, I'm NC50 in MAC. I think it'll be perfect for quick, subtle and natural everyday contouring and highlighting. The highlight shade is also very soft and subtle; like a brightening powder of sorts with a soft satin type finish on the skin.
hmmmm now i am not sure if olympia will work for nc 20 ??

or should i go with Paloma?

Mybootsareheavy

Got my Ita!!
a9bb1652_image.jpeg
a6837cce_image.jpeg
578c4625_image.jpeg
7d047235_image.jpeg
8fcb7aab_image.jpeg
I really like it. It's pretty soft too. I have heard complaints of the older one being scratchy and I don't have that issue with the new one! Can't wait to try it with a contour duo!!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Spanky, I'm NC50 in MAC. I think it'll be perfect for quick, subtle and natural everyday contouring and highlighting. The highlight shade is also very soft and subtle; like a brightening powder of sorts with a soft satin type finish on the skin.
Oooh! Now I want it. I wanted to get MAC Sculpt, but seeing them compared I like Olympia more.

MarieMary

Swatches of Olympia:
http://makeupbysiryn.com/2014/03/13/nars-contour-blush-in-olympia-review-sneak-peek/

MarieMary

Hi ladies. I read through the thread and I'm thoroughly confused. So is the rectangular ITA brush coming back? Or is it the new angled brush?? I already have an angled MAC brush, so I really really want the rectangular one!

I saw the rectangular brush on T's website http://www.temptalia.com/nars-artistry-brushes-launching-april-1st-2014#more-161179 but I think the description is talking about the angled brush.

Any insight ladies?

TIA!!!!
NARS has revamped their whole brush collection.
There is an Ita (rectangular) brush, and a contour (angled) brush. On Temptalia there is no mention of the Kabuki brushes (Botan, Ita, Yachiyo) but they are still there and they have not been discontinued.

DILLIGAF

NARS has revamped their whole brush collection.
There is an Ita (rectangular) brush, and a contour (angled) brush. On Temptalia there is no mention of the Kabuki brushes (Botan, Ita, Yachiyo) but they are still there and they have not been discontIued
I think I saw the same pic and in it the Botan, Ita, and Yachiyo brushes are displayed. I love my Yachiyo brush btw.

Mybootsareheavy

I'm dying to get the Yachiyo brush. What do you mainly use it for? I really need a new blush brush.
I love the Yachiyo for pigmented blushes and bronzers. It applies such a light thin layer. If the blush is suuuuuper pigmented, use a Yachiyo, but if you find it lacks pigment, use a brush that's more dense. It's great for natural days, because you never have to worry about looking overdone with it. Lately I've been using it to apply my Chanel loose powder over tinted moisturizer for a natural coverage!

tiffabutt

I love the Yachiyo for pigmented blushes and bronzers. It applies such a light thin layer. If the blush is suuuuuper pigmented, use a Yachiyo, but if you find it lacks pigment, use a brush that's more dense. It's great for natural days, because you never have to worry about looking overdone with it. Lately I've been using it to apply my Chanel loose powder over tinted moisturizer for a natural coverage!
Thanks! This sounds really nice and good for what I want to use it for. Cool, now I can have anxiety about snagging one until it comes out again
tong.gif

MarieMary

I'm dying to get the Yachiyo brush. What do you mainly use it for? I really need a new blush brush.
I've had it for a few years now. I can't imagine not using it for blush. It picks up just the right amount of color with pigmented blushes, and it diffuses the color so nicely. It's not cheap, but it's really a good brush. ;)

Latest posts