NARS for Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2013

MissTT

Yikes! $86??? How much was the Happening palette? The previous blush palettes were around $65. Geebus! And where are these available July 4th. I'm totally confused.

admmgz

Yikes! $86??? How much was the Happening palette? The previous blush palettes were around $65. Geebus! And where are these available July 4th. I'm totally confused.

My little Nordies Anniversary Sale catalog shows the NARS palette for $59 USD & the NARS lip sets for $49 USD & if you have a Nordstrom card, you can start shopping July 10th-18th. Everything goes on sale to the public on July 19th and all the prices go back up on August 5th. Hope this helps! :)

Oh and you can earn double points too!

MissTT

Ah, I think the links are to blogs outside of the US. Thanks for the reminder. I still wonder how/why they're getting the palette on the 4th if it's a Nordstrom exclusive. I haven't looked in my catalog since i received it. It was pretty blah.

MarieMary

I contacted with NARS Europe and they just informed me that these was exclusively created for the american market =(
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Thanks for asking. :) I'm confused by their answer though, because those gift sets are available in Asia...

destine2grow

My counter have the gifting palette and two lip sets. I already have Deep Throat and Alhambra, so I don't know if I need to palette. http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/NARS-Modern-Ménage-et-Trois-Color-Texture-Finishes-30930813 Swatches of the palette here. http://www.facesbysarah.com/2013/new-nars-voulez-vous-cheek-eye-palette-swatches/
Thanks for posting the links!
i was thinking the something when I saw the price! I am happy someone posted it will be cheaper than the price in the link!

elkaknits

Ah, I think the links are to blogs outside of the US. Thanks for the reminder. I still wonder how/why they're getting the palette on the 4th if it's a Nordstrom exclusive. I haven't looked in my catalog since i received it. It was pretty blah.
I am not US exclusive or even Nordstrom exclusive savvy at all so take this with a huge grain of salt...

last year the Dior Nordstrom exclusives were exclusive only until the next month that is to say they released, in the US, at Nordstom during anniversary but became widely available elsewhere afterwards. I was interested in the polishes and the beauty look book had this to say:

Earlier this year, Dior released a new trio collection of nail polishes called Les Violets Hypnotiques. Back in February, these plum-purple themed shades were exclusive to Europe, later rolled out to Asia, and finally have landed in the US. I believe they are currently exclusive to the Dior Boutique in Las Vegas Palazzo, however there are rumors these will be released at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale

[link to entire post here]

therefore whenever I hear 'exclusive' to a particular country or store I assume that is 'for now' and may change later. Chanel and Dior both seem to routinely make things exclusive in one country and then available to another later on. My personal observations of NARS palettes is that they show up on the website sooner or later. Exclusive to Nordstroms, in particular, seems to mean released to the general public within the US at Norstroms anniversary sale. {brand specific boutiques tend to get them first, then nordies, then other major shops} This seems to be the case since overseas bloggers are swatching them and stating available on the 4th~ Nordstroms anniversary sale begins on the 10th for card members and I don't believe Nordstroms ships cosmetics overseas. I am sure you can find a CP tho if you are particularly in love and don't want to wait/risk it.

CartoonChic

I'm considering the Baiser de Feu lip set. Mainly for the tote. I think the lipstick will be nice. I only have one NARS sheer lipstick for comparison and that's Autumn Leaves. I love Damned Velvet Matte pencil. For True Blood fans, Pam was applying Damned in one of the episodes.

MissTT

Orgasm doesn't really show on me. I think I'm going to pass on the palette. I'm trying to be really good. We'll see how it goes when I wake up and see the full sale online.

MaitaiFluff

I think of Deep Throat as a less shiny older sister of Orgasm. It's still the same corally pinky colour as Orgasm, so I think if you trouble with Orgasm you probably won't enjoy Deep Throat too much.

MaitaiFluff

My normal lunch date partner bailed on me so I walked over to Nordies. My associate had it ready and waiting for me to pick up.
ced99c1a_image.jpeg
I was trying to explain to my mum what I bought over the phone and since my pronunciation of French is so terrible I now just refer to this as the Lady Marmalade palette to her.

trayceeee

I am really interested in this palette. Any WOC have experience with Deep Throat? I already own Dolce Vita (and LOVE it) and wouldnt mind having a nice neutral eye with blush in a palette for when I'm rushing to work an doing my makeup quickly at my desk. (yes, justifying this).

trayceeee

I was trying to explain to my mum what I bought over the phone and since my pronunciation of French is so terrible I now just refer to this as the Lady Marmalade palette to her.
Gorgeous :) Do you mind sharing swatches and thoughts on quality ?

NikiNatasha

Luckily I don't have anything from that palette so I'm getting it. I was worried they would do another cheek palette since I have Jouvre de whatever lol

MaitaiFluff

My normal lunch date partner bailed on me so I walked over to Nordies. My associate had it ready and waiting for me to pick up. I was trying to explain to my mum what I bought over the phone and since my pronunciation of French is so terrible I now just refer to this as the Lady Marmalade palette to her.
Gorgeous :) Do you mind sharing swatches and thoughts on quality ?
Why certainly. I will tomorrow morning so I can get some nice natural lighting.

prettygirl

I knew you ladies would have the 411 on the palettes.. lol. I'm not a Nordie's member so I couldn't sign in to look! I was really hoping that they would do another blush palette since I missed last year's
bangdesk.gif
. I already have Deep Throat so I think I'm just going to pass.

Addict4MAC

I am really interested in this palette. Any WOC have experience with Deep Throat? I already own Dolce Vita (and LOVE it) and wouldnt mind having a nice neutral eye with blush in a palette for when I'm rushing to work an doing my makeup quickly at my desk. (yes, justifying this).
You are not alone girl!

Latest posts