NARS for Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2013

Rainbunny

I checked last year's thread for the Nordstrom sale and it looks like it was available in Europe through Le Bon Marche. Nowhere in Canada, though. :censored:
Holt Renfrew has the lip bags ($52) and the palette ($68). The SA said they are exclusive to Holt's in Canada, so I guess they won't be available at the Bay. They still had a good supply today in the downtown Vancouver store. BTW, the tote is very cheap, thin cotton fabric, so it shouldn't factor in at all in the decision to buy the lip bag--don't know why they even bothered to offer it. It will rip in no time.

CartoonChic

The only thing I've picked up from the sale so far is the Dior Nail Sparkling Powders Set. I'm no longer interested in the Deborah Lippmann Space Oddity Trio since Icecaramellatte informed me that they're indeed minis. The polishes were originally listed as full size. I think I've also lost interest in the NARS Baiser de Feu set after Rainbunny commented that the tote is made of thin, cheap material. I thought it would be nicer. Meh. I don't think I'm picking up anything else from this sale. It's not as exciting to me as last year's selection. I'll probably focus instead on getting things from various Fall collections.

Here's the post that I made in the Nail Polish thread about the Dior Set.

Dior Nail Sparkling Powders

The front of back of the box. It's made of a thick paper. I had a hard time opening the side flap and creased the paper.

This is the inner box. The real box. Inside is the tray that holds the polish. You can see the little satin handle on the side to pull it out.

The first thing I see after pulling out the tray is my limited edition certificate with my edition number. On the back of it are the directions.

Finally the polish! I can't remember if I put the powders back into the tray in the right order. The powders are minis.

Here's a swatch of the powders after I applied top coat the night before. Not so sparkly.

I removed my first attempt from the previous night and reapplied the powders so you can see the amazing sparkle. Messy!
I did a much better job of putting the excess powder back into the bottle this time around.

After applying the powders a second time, I realize I was wrong about the brush. It's not a hard stick, but an actual brush. It's just very stiff. I cleaned it with polish remover after use to discover the truth.

Voilà! The finished result. I used a cuticle stick to trace around the cuticle to define the nail shape. I also used a cotton swab dipped in water for clean up. Water is your best friend for clean up in this case. Polish remover didn't do anything.

Still, my pics fail to show off the amazing sparkle. I made a video to truly show the sparkle effect, but I'm unable to upload it. I don't have a YouTube account or anything similar. I wish I could post it for you to see.

destine2grow

Why did you post this ugh..... I really want this!
The only thing I've picked up from the sale so far is the Dior Nail Sparkling Powders Set. I'm no longer interested in the Deborah Lippmann Space Oddity Trio since Icecaramellatte informed me that they're indeed minis. The polishes were originally listed as full size. I think I've also lost interest in the NARS Baiser de Feu set after Rainbunny commented that the tote is made of thin, cheap material. I thought it would be nicer. Meh. I don't think I'm picking up anything else from this sale. It's not as exciting to me as last year's selection. I'll probably focus instead on getting things from various Fall collections. Here's the post that I made in the Nail Polish thread about the Dior Set.

Latest posts