NARS Gift sets - Summer 2014

pinkpaint

I agree with everythang you all have said. Don't have Orgasm or Laguna. Don't want 'em. And I wish they would release Devote and Goulou, from the Bourdin palette, as singles
sigh.gif

Dreaming Dancer

I was really looking forward to the palette because I don't have any nars blush except orgasm and I'm running low on it.

MarieMary

You don't need to have Orgasm and Laguna in All The Things.
The Adult Content and Splendor in the Grass blush palettes were quite nice in that regard: No Orgasm or Laguna.
I think that the palettes with Orgasm and Laguna sell well, so they keep on putting them in palettes. It's a business decision. It's terribly annoying for the NARS fan.

MarieMary

Pictures and info courtesy of NARS Cosmetics. :)

Available July 1, 2014 exclusively at Nordstrom. Limited Edition.

Climax, $52
A fantasy of shocking pink in the legendary Schiap – featuring a Lipstick, limited edition Lip Gloss and Nail Polish housed in a matching pink, lacquered box.

Uninhibited, $52
A trio of intrigue and seduction – Dolce Vita Lipstick, Lip Gloss and limited edition Nail Polish presented in a sleek black lacquered box.

Domination, $49
A rush of blush – delivering insatiable glamour for cheeks, this exclusive palette features three signature Blush shades (Orgasm, Laguna and Mistinguette) and Devotee Highlighting Blush.

Monsy

I understand it is business decision of course but it's only for someone who has never tried nars, someone new to makeup to attract them to brand
but what is with already nars fans? we would gladly spend more money on nars products if they would stop doing this
or at leas they can make one palette with laguna and orgasm for newbies and one with other colors for nars fans

MarieMary

I understand it is business decision of course but it's only for someone who has never tried nars, someone new to makeup to attract them to brand
but what is with already nars fans? we would gladly spend more money on nars products if they would stop doing this
or at leas they can make one palette with laguna and orgasm for newbies and one with other colors for nars fans
I know, and I agree completely; your idea of making a palette for newbies to the brand and one for long-time fans is a good idea.
I think they're going for the safe choice (shades that sell) instead of a bolder choice (like a palette with Exhibit A for example). They might sell a lot of original cool no-Orgasm-or-Laguna palettes, but they will sell those with Orgasm and/or Laguna.

I would *love* a palette with Exhibit A by the way. Or better yet, Coeur Battant (I know, I know, it was LE :p). I even expected an Exhibit A palette for the Bourdin collection, but it didn't happen.

Monsy

I have a friend who worked for a nars for a while. she told me company is going in a direction of being more luxury high end something like dior, rather than being bold and different

Dominique33

I knew it! haha! There's a third gift set with Jungle Red! :D

Here are the names of the sets (that include a full-size lipstick, lipgloss and nail polish) and the corresponding shades.

Climax: Schiap
Uninhibited: Dolce Vita
Maîtresse: Jungle Red

Out in July (in Singapore, so maybe earlier in the US?)

Source: http://instagram.com/bubblymichelle

Source: http://instagram.com/facesbysarah

Source: http://instagram.com/female_singapore
Gorgeous ! Thank you for sharing. :)
thud.gif
thud yes !

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have a friend who worked for a nars for a while. she told me company is going in a direction of being more luxury high end something like dior, rather than being bold and different
It's funny, because I find that some of the higher end brands are moving in the other direction- they want to be brighter and more bold.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Personally, I like having Nars where they are, because they're different than anyone else, but I guess I don't have the marketing info that they do.

KiKi Kontour

I got the dolce vita set and HIGHLY contemplating schiap cuz I hear soooo many wonderful things about it...then again...I can just give my mac GAT away lol

lilybettie

I think these have already sold out in the UK- does anyone know? I checked two weeks ago and they weren't there and this thread reminds me how much I want one :(

Latest posts